Knights of Columbus Bingo... Conflicts of Interest

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bingo Lover

Brea, CA

#1 Aug 13, 2010
Doesn't it seem a conflict of interest when the people selling pull tabs have wives that are playing? The wife of one of the pull tab sellers won $599 tonight, at least three times she has won big money. And don't think those that sell tabs don't know the liklihood of big winning tabs that remain.

At the best, it gives the impression of impropriety, at worst, family members of those selling the pull tabs are receiving an unfair advantage.

Does anyone else have an issue with family members of those working the bingo playing? Like I said, at the very least, it doesn't look good. I say St Mark's needs to clean up this issue.
Anyone else seen things that bother you there?
Surely Not

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Aug 15, 2010
Anyone go to the bingo at Galaxie? I don't believe they would let wives play if their husbands were working the bingo and selling pull tabs... Surely this doesn't happen.
To tell you the truth

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 16, 2010
The name Knights of Columbus sound like they should be wearing white hoods anyway.
Spying

United States

#4 Aug 16, 2010
I think that worker name Greg, who sells pull tabs, is cheating. He knows who to sell those pull tabs to. How come big Ray desoolver, is never there to work the bingo sessions. He' another crooket man. That's not right that the worker's wife's get to play bingo and win all the money isN't right.
loves bingo

Berea, KY

#6 Feb 13, 2011
It's not right that the wives buy extra sheets either and let their friends play them when they aren't buying bingo packs.... I've seen this with my own eyes. They tell them if they win, that they will yell bingo since it's against rules for them to play without buying a pack....... Is this right??
Sarah

Lexington, KY

#7 Feb 14, 2011
For the love of God, there is no cheating going on there. My brother in law used to work for the gaming commission and said they run an honest bingo. Seriously people, ask the makers and vendors who sell these pull tabs and they will tell you a machine packs them and nobody knows where the winners are. It it ridiculous that people get upset when they don't win. If you watch, the people who spend hundreds of dollars a night on pull tabs are the ones that are winning. The odds are in their favor. I used to work charitable bingo and trust me...cheating is VERY VERY hard to do. If cheating was going on, they would be closed down by now.
DrunknSledder

Lexington, KY

#8 Feb 14, 2011
Sarah, cheating is not that hard as a seller. However, I am not sure there is anything "wrong" with it. It is like insider tradeing.
For example: Pull tabs have a set number of winners. A pull tab box that has been completely sold has a pay out of 2 big 100 dollar winners and 4 50 dollar winners (hypothetically). There are 200 tabs 4 bucks each. You have sold 175 tabs. That you have seen no one has won any of the big money.(Granted not everyone yells it out but many do) so you can have your wife buy the remaining tickets for 125 and be fairly assured she will not lose any money and probably profit. This will not work every time because it will be hard for a seller to know EVERY winner but over time it will profit.
bobble head here

Winchester, KY

#9 Feb 14, 2011
Sarah wrote:
For the love of God, there is no cheating going on there. My brother in law used to work for the gaming commission and said they run an honest bingo. Seriously people, ask the makers and vendors who sell these pull tabs and they will tell you a machine packs them and nobody knows where the winners are. It it ridiculous that people get upset when they don't win. If you watch, the people who spend hundreds of dollars a night on pull tabs are the ones that are winning. The odds are in their favor. I used to work charitable bingo and trust me...cheating is VERY VERY hard to do. If cheating was going on, they would be closed down by now.
My dear sarah, if you worked for a charitable bingo you know darn well there is cheating going on and it is easy to do.Trust you?? check the records and see how many people in this state are in jail for cheating. I rest my case.
Get Da F Around Me

United States

#10 Feb 14, 2011
believe me there is some cheating going on out there, and it's not right that the workers wife's get to play while her husband, is selling pull tabs. And that worker name Greg, is some piece of mess, he knows how to cheat and he does it the way that Ray, has showed him, Ray desloover is one hot mess .
Rodney

Lexington, KY

#11 Feb 14, 2011
Get Da F Around Me wrote:
believe me there is some cheating going on out there, and it's not right that the workers wife's get to play while her husband, is selling pull tabs. And that worker name Greg, is some piece of mess, he knows how to cheat and he does it the way that Ray, has showed him, Ray desloover is one hot mess .
If you are so sure, call the gaming commission. I guarantee they won't find any cheating going on. Better yet, why don't you tell these two individuals to their face? You get on here and bad mouth people that you don't know. Chicken Sh*t!
Sarah

Lexington, KY

#12 Feb 14, 2011
bobble head here wrote:
<quoted text>My dear sarah, if you worked for a charitable bingo you know darn well there is cheating going on and it is easy to do.Trust you?? check the records and see how many people in this state are in jail for cheating. I rest my case.
They're in jail for taking money (skimming).
bobble head here

Winchester, KY

#13 Feb 14, 2011
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>They're in jail for taking money (skimming).
Skimming is considered cheating. Cheating is cheating. If you sell a few boxes of pull tabs you will learn where the big money ones are in the box. They are packaged the same way every time. So quit trying to fool people. Even people that play bingo are not stupid. Big money in tabs and bingo in general. There are NO honest bingo halls.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Feb 14, 2011
Knights of Columbus are a Catholic outfit. Do they molest children at these events?
Sarah

Lexington, KY

#15 Feb 15, 2011
AntiFlag wrote:
Knights of Columbus are a Catholic outfit. Do they molest children at these events?
No...that is done at your house by you and your Dad.
Sarah

Lexington, KY

#16 Feb 15, 2011
bobble head here wrote:
<quoted text>Skimming is considered cheating. Cheating is cheating. If you sell a few boxes of pull tabs you will learn where the big money ones are in the box. They are packaged the same way every time. So quit trying to fool people. Even people that play bingo are not stupid. Big money in tabs and bingo in general. There are NO honest bingo halls.
If you're so knowledgable and believe this is going on, call the gaming commission or State Police to investigate then you can come back on here and apologize for spewing lies. You really have no clue (hence the name bobble head)..it fits you to a tee!
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Feb 15, 2011
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>No...that is done at your house by you and your Dad.
nuh uh - I molest HIM!
I Know

Ford City, PA

#18 Feb 25, 2011
This Bingo place is a serious joke. They do not know how to run a bingo place. They try to be comedians all the time and they are not funny in the least. I went for a while, but could not handle their amateurish ways hence I have not been for a while. A bingo caller should call bingo and not try to be a comedian, especially when he seriously sucks at it.
The way they call out pull tab winners is deranged also. It takes them an hour to pay out a frigging King of the Mountain. They need to visit a few other bingo halls and see how it is done.
I was also seriously offended by the workers as I have heard them call the black people who go there Yard Apes. I mean, seriously.

This place is supposed to be for a Catholic organization and the workers are using racial slurs.

They only way I will go back there is if they completely change the workers and learn how to run a Bingo Hall, properly.
Sarah

Lexington, KY

#19 Feb 28, 2011
I Know wrote:
This Bingo place is a serious joke. They do not know how to run a bingo place. They try to be comedians all the time and they are not funny in the least. I went for a while, but could not handle their amateurish ways hence I have not been for a while. A bingo caller should call bingo and not try to be a comedian, especially when he seriously sucks at it.
The way they call out pull tab winners is deranged also. It takes them an hour to pay out a frigging King of the Mountain. They need to visit a few other bingo halls and see how it is done.
I was also seriously offended by the workers as I have heard them call the black people who go there Yard Apes. I mean, seriously.
This place is supposed to be for a Catholic organization and the workers are using racial slurs.
They only way I will go back there is if they completely change the workers and learn how to run a Bingo Hall, properly.
So basically, you are another sore loser who spent a measely five bucks on pull tabs and expect to win every game. It's funny when those that don't have a clue always want to be the ones who say bad things about people. They run a darn good Bingo...you're just a sore loser...nuff said!
I know

London, KY

#20 Mar 29, 2011
Sarah,

I am not a sore loser. I don't buy pulltabs. Never have,never will anywhere. Actually, I did bingo for a game while I was there.
So It seems you are the clueless one. They run a very unorganized bingo. They try to be comedians (not funny in the least).
.....Nuff said! In your Face!...LOL!
I know

London, KY

#21 Mar 29, 2011
Sarah,

I am not a sore loser. I don't buy pulltabs. Never have,never will anywhere. Actually, I did bingo for a game while I was there.
So It seems you are the clueless one. They run a very unorganized bingo. They try to be comedians (not funny in the least).
.....Nuff said! In your Face!...LOL!

It's funny too how you responded nothing at all about their racial slurs....I heard with my own ears along with 4 or 5 other people...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 13 min Jessika1995 29,612
Duane Curry Arrested??? 49 min rip 17
Chris Rock on you tube, what not to do 56 min White Men 1
Word Association (Jul '10) 1 hr pud 19,712
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 1 hr pud 17,851
2014Farristown Football 1 hr flyer football 6
Black people 1 hr iknow 20
Richmond Dating
Find my Match

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Richmond News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richmond

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:19 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:19PM
Robert Griffin III Comments on Being Benched by Redskins HC Jay Gruden
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Complete Bengals Preview for Bucs Game
NBC Sports 7:26 AM
Griffin's departure from starting lineup could be temporary
NBC Sports 8:58 AM
Vontaze Burfict not taking part in Friday practice