anyone know

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Hey anyone know where any good haunted places in the area are?
K9 wife

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

http://www.realhaunts.com/united-states/confe...

This place is near by... Try it out...
anyone know

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

K9 wife wrote:
http://www.realhaunts.com/unit ed-states/confederate-graveyar d/comment-page-2/
This place is near by... Try it out...
We have actually checked that one in lebanon out....but, you have to climb over a fence on someones property to get to it so we didn't get to go to it...but, thanks for the site
K9 wife

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Did you word search haunted places an see what comes up???
zeiss

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

house in Honaker, many strange things have happened there,the house is a red brick house near the trucking company.shadowy figures and wall plaques fly off the walls are just two of the things that have happened there.
zeiss

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

well actually only the wall plaques fly off the wall..not the shadowy figures..lol
PJJ

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

I rented the house in Honaker for 6 years and was in denial for about the first year on what was occurring there. It seems the more I denied it the more determined it was to make sure we all noticed it. A plaque would fly off the wall all the way across the livingroom, water would come on by itself, you could hear something pacing up and down the hallway, doors would slam, something would hit your bedroom door really hard at night when you were about to go to sleep, something would tug on our shirts, I would hear what sounded like someone coming in through the kitchen door and slamming it shut, this occurred numerous times, we would hear a man and a woman having a conversation but it sounded like it was muffled, something would turn the doorknob whenever you were in the bathroom, but the worst part is that during the first week after myself and my 2 daughters moved in,we all went to bed and my oldest daughter was lying in bed about to go to sleep when she open her eyes and a dark shadow with curly hair was just inches from her face, kneeled down looking at her. She waved her hands in the air but nothing was there. She never told me about it until a year later when we had 2 teenage cousins staying with us for the summer and one of the girls experienced the exact same thing. My teen daughter finally admitted to me what had occurred to her just days after moving in the prior year. We would see a whitish, grayish apparition walking down the hall past the bedroom door while we were sitting up in bed watching TV. We had 5 housedogs inside the house at the time and all 5 would go crazy barking at this thing. Numerous family and friends have witness unexplainable events in our house within the 6 years that we lived there. I don't think it is just the house. The whole area around this house seems to be very haunted. The security guards at Martin's Trucking also had experiences they could not explain and so did a neighbor of ours. You never knowed when something was going to occur. It was usually when you least expected it. The things I have mentioned here are minor compared to some of the other occurrences that has happened to us there.
here

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Richlands VA,
The ghost of an old gold digger with a sizeable mustache and a hook instead of his left hand may repeatedly be spotted drifting by on Big Creek at night. People who have spotted this ghost assert this ghost is the ghost of a vacationer that was murdered while driving through Richlands long ago. One thing is for certain, it's a scary ghost that any wise person wouldn't wish to come across.

The ghost of an old woman clutching a revolver may be made out often in Asbury Gap at the stroke of midnight looking for a bag.

The ghost of a waitress has now and then been distinguished having a sandwich by Cedar Bluff. In any case, it is in all certainty a terrifying
ghost that you shouldn't go searching for.

The ghost of an aged cleaning lady has been made out on frequent occasions on a Richlands lane before dawn.

A black snake that shape-shifted into a female may occasionally be made out discussing into the thin air up on the top of Arkansas Hill.

The phantom of a youthful woman outfitted
as a house keeper was witnessed hanging in the air like a hot-air balloon in Richlands. The ghost was consumed by the air after being observed.

The ghost of a destitute guy showed up staring at a lady sleeping on a mattress in a trailer in Richlands. Shocked by the observers the ghost fled into the dark. A local resident claims that this ghost enjoys frightening folks who have the courage to upset the tranquility in Richlands.

A frightening creature was distinguished in an autopart store in the Richlands area. When noticed the phantom approached the viewer who then escaped.

The ghost of a guy outfitted as a gardener materialized trying on a shirt in a Richlands house. This particular ghost has been observed repeatedly in this location. Regardless of what folks state, this is a horrible ghost that should be let alone.

A lady with a partially see-through body was distinguished snooping in mailboxes after midnight in Richlands. Additional stories of this ghost have been reported. One thing's for guaranteed, it's
a chilling ghost that is rather not messed with.

Honaker VA,
A military outfit strolling around lacking a body in it was witnessed gazing furiously at the witness up on the peak of Big A Mountain. The onlooker panicked and fled.

The ghost of a civil war warrior emerged in Beehive Hollow on a dark night going out of control. The spirit reacted to the witness. People here who have
seen this ghost say this ghost gets pleasure from terrifying foolhardy folks who come trying to locate ghosts in Honaker.

The ghost of a dreadfully charred lady was seen by Hubbard Hole hurling stones. When the phantom was distinguished it disappeared into the air.

The phantom of a train driver was distinguished after midnight hovering over Bear Wallow. The ghost was consumed by the night after being seen. Anyway, this spirit undeniably is chilling; one that any wise person wouldn't wish to meet.

A woman with no head was witnessed mounding chunks of concrete by Andy Branch. Frightened by the watchers the ghost faded away into the dark. In any event, this is a bad ghost that should be steered clear of.

The ghost of a young-looking woman with a rope around her neck has frequently been observed down near Big Falls on a dark night annihilating a hat.

A man with no head is repeatedly distinguished gazing at the water by Gent Brothers Dam late at night
Kay

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Has anyone heard about the Honaker High school being haunted?
Rrebel du rock

Bridgewater, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

You Guys Heard the Legend of the Frightnening Creatures?
zeiss

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

well i had an old blue car that was haunted, someone told me that it had been in an accident and someone had died in the car..something kept knocking on the windows really loud and no one was near the car at all...this happened to several different people in my family...later I had an accident in this very same car and came close to death...my daughter had dreamed or had a feeling something was going to happen to me on the day I had my accident..she tried to warn me of it...of course i just laughed it off...anyway there was something really strange about that little Blue car.
Kay

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

No can't say that I have. What is the legend?
Kay

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Has anyone else ever seen the ghost of the woman who was hit by a train in Honaker va many years ago? My sister, grandfather and myself have all seen her. We were traveling on a road called Tunnel Hill when we noticed this blonde woman walking beside the road. All of a sudden, she just stops and crosses the road right in front of the truck. My grandfather locked the doors because at the time we thought she was a real person and we didn't know what she was up too. Anyway, she walks right in front of the truck, accross the road and just disappeared on the other side before she reached the guardrails. The train tracks are located on the side of the road with the guardrails. She had blonde hair, had on jeans and a long sleeved blue shirt. We knew then she was a ghost and when I started to asked my grandfather what was that he was so shocked that all he could say was "Yes I seen it". We found out later that a woman fitting that description was killed many years ago in Honaker by a train. She was deaf.
Ragman

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Anyone seen the lady of Hill Creek?
PJJ

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Is Hill Creek in Richlands?
PJJ

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

I may be thinking about Mill Creek.
Our Story

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

The website Shadowlands.net has lists of haunted places in each state. Swords Creek and Long Branch areas are on it too.Part of the entry says "you can see and hear cats all the time." "there are reports of evil spirits around. Some even say you can feel them".
My husband and I saw the website, when our home was being built and laughed it off.Ours is new built on fresh-graded land couldn't possibly have any problems. We thought!! lol
We've been here over 3 years and know there's an abundance of cats down in here. The strays are everywhere!!

1st incident
My husband and I 'adopted' one of these strays, a black female cat soon after moving in. She would go out in the mornings then return at night around 9:00 or so.One night she hadn't returned at her usual time.My husband and I went outside past 10:00 p.m. I walked out in the yard looking down the driveway calling for her. My husband was on the porch. He spoke up all at once "there she comes". I looked down the driveway and saw absolutely nothing. Then the color drained from his face. He said he saw a black cat he thought was ours, It walked up the driveway toward me, got about halfway up and suddenly turned into a "mist" and faded away.
Our Story

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

2nd Incident

I am a smoker, and smoke outside. There were several incidents on the backporch at night where I would get this feeling that something/someone was sneaking up behind me. It wouldn't happen every single time,of course, but on enough occasions that I changed to just going to the front porch when I smoke,at night. Hadn't told the husband cause I thought he'd laugh at me.
I got the idea one night to test this out. I sent my husband out the backdoor to take the trash out and made up an excuse I needed something from the car too. when he got done and got back in the house he said.."ya know I don't know what it is but it feels just creepy out there".
PJJ

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Our Story wrote:
The website Shadowlands.net has lists of haunted places in each state. Swords Creek and Long Branch areas are on it too.Part of the entry says "you can see and hear cats all the time." "there are reports of evil spirits around. Some even say you can feel them".
My husband and I saw the website, when our home was being built and laughed it off.Ours is new built on fresh-graded land couldn't possibly have any problems. We thought!! lol
We've been here over 3 years and know there's an abundance of cats down in here. The strays are everywhere!!
1st incident
My husband and I 'adopted' one of these strays, a black female cat soon after moving in. She would go out in the mornings then return at night around 9:00 or so.One night she hadn't returned at her usual time.My husband and I went outside past 10:00 p.m. I walked out in the yard looking down the driveway calling for her. My husband was on the porch. He spoke up all at once "there she comes". I looked down the driveway and saw absolutely nothing. Then the color drained from his face. He said he saw a black cat he thought was ours, It walked up the driveway toward me, got about halfway up and suddenly turned into a "mist" and faded away.
Do you live in Swords Creek or near Honaker? Just curious? I believe I have heard something about the cats also in the past. Can't remember where I heard it from.
PJJ

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

When we lived in our old house beside of Martin's Trucking, we too would sometimes get the feeling of someone watching us. We would also hear a child call out "Mom". My youngest daughter and I both heard this. Something would knock on the large picture window in the livingroom and there was nothing there. It would lock my dogs up in a bedroom sometimes too. Once, my cousin saw a young boy about the age of 5-6 years old standing in our livingroom and my daughter saw a young girl between the ages of 9-11 standing in our livingroom. She was dressed in old period clothing and was just standing there looking at my daughter and then she vanished. One night I was standing out on my front porch and my daughter and several of her friends were in the livingroom andI heard the sound of horses running dead at me across my porch but there was nothing there. I froze there for at least 30 seconds because I wanted to make sure I was really hearing and experiencing this but finally it became too much and I ran into the kitchen and slammed the door. My daughter and her friends came running into the kitchen screaming "What was that?" I turned around and ask them if they had heard it too and they had. They claimed the photos on the walls rattled. I have never experienced something so intensed as that and hope and pray I never will again. Many other things have occurred at this house also. I could tell you things that would make your hair stand on end. At the end of May of this year, we will have been moved out for 1 year. We didn't move far. Our new house in still within eye sight of the haunted house but thank god our new house has no ghost or whatever you want to call them. I cannot tell you what was in our old house, but there was something there and it had been witnessed by many different people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of197
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Richlands Forum right now

Search the Richlands Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
tiffany keen 22 min Just curious 30
Reaping What You Sow 24 min Been there 5
where is ashley brown 6 hr Dan Hallen 4
Where is Minnie Pearl ?? 7 hr still no 11
rumors (Dec '09) 7 hr hee hee 64
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 9 hr abe 1,349
TWC buyout by comcast + Verizon 9 hr fed up consumer 1
•••
•••