Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 6
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CL MARSHALL

Salisbury, MD

#1 Oct 6, 2008
MANY PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR WE PURCHASED. VERY LATE DELIVERING IT..THEY SAID IT WAS IN A1 CONDITION AND IT WAS FAR FROM THAT. REFUSE TO RETURN CALLS.
BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THESE FOLKS.. VERY DISSAPOINTING EXPERIENCE. VERY POOR SERVICE. ALMOST CRIMINAL WHAT THEY DID TO US.
screwed

Mission, TX

#2 Nov 11, 2008
The same thing happened to me, i bought a car from these crooks and they said it was "mint" condition and made me send them a cashiers check to hold onto the car. When i arrived to pick it up, they said too bad that I had already paid for it. The BBB of Delaware didnt do jack either after I complained.
Pam Ray- NC

United States

#3 Jan 31, 2009
I drove 10 hours after Jay emphatically told us the jeep was in GREAT condition. There was some rust and a click in the clutch. We're not auto mehanically minded people and trusted them ! I told him I my situation- a single mom with daughter in college and son in 10th grade- He encouraged me to still buy. On the way home the clutch starts sounding worse. I take it to an auto shop two days after I'm home and the who transmission needs to be rebuilt or replaced!~$2000. We call him and Jay would not even try to resolve the issue ! VERY DISHONEST BUSINESS.
LOL

Allentown, PA

#4 Feb 1, 2009
Rules for buying a car

1. if you haven't seen it in person don't send any money.

2. if a car dealer will not hold the car with out money do not do business with them.

3 If the deal sounds to good to be true , it is.

4. If you are willing to have the expense of traveling to a dealer don't you think you can do better closer to home?

5. Any used car dealer that will not let ypou take a car to a mechanic before buying is not someone you want to deal with.
WTF

Allentown, PA

#5 Feb 1, 2009
I need to open a business where people sens money in advance buying stuff they have never seen and trust everything you say. Guess the saying buyer beware doesn't mean much anymore and honestly who trusts any car salesman?
Alex

Joppa, MD

#6 Mar 9, 2009
Anyone going to Rehoboth Beach, can I recommend a nice place to stay, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, access to the beach, pull passes, beach passes, right next to Jungle Jim, less than a mile to the beach.
http://www.rehoboth-condo.com Surrounded by great restaurants and fun for the kids.
Joe B

Birmingham, AL

#7 Apr 19, 2010
I flew halfway across the country to buy a car from Beach Bound Auto Sales. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!
Beach Bound Auto Sales fits the stereotype of a used car business to a T. Scammers! Beware! You cannot trust anything these people say. The car had several photos, all taken ina way to disguise the imperfections. Beach Bound Auto Sales has been scamming people for over 10 years. The car I was going to buy had been wrecked and they represented the car as "perfect". There was obvious body work on the car and they took several photos, all desgined to hide the body work. In addition, the car had bad tires, brakes, clutch, seat motor, and Beach Bound and God only knows what eles. If you decide to do business with Beach Bound Auto Sales, after reading this, it is your own fault, you have been alerted.
Business owners like Beach Bound should not be allowed to operate. STAY AWAY FROM BEACH BOUND AUTO SALES! I geve them the benefit of the doubt and now I am out several thousand dollars just for travel.
NBW

Newport News, VA

#9 Oct 25, 2011
I wish I would have done my research on the dealer and not just the car before I purchased. Not only was the car NOT 100% clean it was NOT 100% mechanical. I drove home from the dealer feeling excited and happy to have got a good car at what seemed like a GREAT deal. Should have known better. If is seems to good and all that. I hadnt got more than 20 miles when NOT only I but my Husband who was 2 cars behind me...started to smell electrical fire. Then about 25 minutes from my house the car started to over heat pretty badly. The short of the matter..The car is STILL in the shop. It needed a water pump and timing belt. But since the timing went off..well now it needs a new head. Total..2grand. For the fire in the fuse box above the battery..200bucks..I have NOT even mentioned that I was TOLD the car had never been in a crash. Well I guess that because its not reported means it didnt happen. I have BRIGHT yellow spray paint on the frame..which is BENT. Dented in from the bottom and the RSpassanger side has a hump in the floor board because of it. Along with of course some other odds and ins..BE WARNED! They seemed like nice enough people...they even promised to pay for the repairs..AFTER I called and emailed for a week straight and FINALLY left them negative feedback on EBAY... "Just send us the repair bill!" They said. "we will take care of everything!" What a relief right?And a huge weight lifted..until..5 days go by again..calling ...emailing..and NOTHING. Until..suprise today..someone answers..guess what. IM SCREWED. Thanks for EVERYTHING BEACHBOUNDAUTOSALES/ScrewYouOv erAndDontGiveAD@MN!!!
George

Philadelphia, PA

#10 May 5, 2012
Yes, I agree with every complaint written before about Beach Bound Auto Sales. My experience was exactly like everyone else's.

The cars they sell generally have serious mechanical problems that they don't tell you about.

It is a complete scam.
Good Experience

Leesburg, VA

#11 Aug 8, 2012
I purchased a 2005 Ford Ranger off of Ebay from Beach Bound. The listing was accurate and the price we got it for was fair. There was some rust on the car and the drivers side door would sometimes pop loose on the highway. However, mechanically the truck was in good shape and I was able to fix some of the minor issues myself with relatively little cost. If you are looking for a car with absolutely no problems then go to your local dealership and prepare to pay up for it. However, if you are looking for a used car for a relatively low price that may have some problems, but can be fixed with relative ease, then Beach Bound Auto Sales is a good option.
Leroy

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Aug 20, 2012
if you buy a car as is that's exactly what it means as is, you stupid people.
W T F also

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Sep 17, 2012
Drove 225 miles to buy a car we bought in ebay from Beach Bound Auto Sales. They never even read the oil gauge or saw the warning light on the dashboard. Really???? Very low oil pressure!!!! It wouldn't have made it 50 miles before seizing the engine. It also had several other issues. We walked away from the sale. These fixes are major bucks. Bet they'll sell it to a poor schmuck who doesn't know better. Crooks!!!
ghostrato2

Riverton, NJ

#14 Feb 26, 2013
Bought 2002 jeep wrangler from them 5 years ago. 123,ooo miles when bought, today has 185,000 miles and runs strong. $5,300 is what i paid. I guess i was lucky, but I also know what to look for when buying a vehicle.
Mike

Poolesville, MD

#15 Feb 28, 2013
Joe B wrote:
I flew halfway across the country to buy a car from Beach Bound Auto Sales. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!
Beach Bound Auto Sales fits the stereotype of a used car business to a T. Scammers! Beware! You cannot trust anything these people say. The car had several photos, all taken ina way to disguise the imperfections. Beach Bound Auto Sales has been scamming people for over 10 years. The car I was going to buy had been wrecked and they represented the car as "perfect". There was obvious body work on the car and they took several photos, all desgined to hide the body work. In addition, the car had bad tires, brakes, clutch, seat motor, and Beach Bound and God only knows what eles. If you decide to do business with Beach Bound Auto Sales, after reading this, it is your own fault, you have been alerted.
Business owners like Beach Bound should not be allowed to operate. STAY AWAY FROM BEACH BOUND AUTO SALES! I geve them the benefit of the doubt and now I am out several thousand dollars just for travel.
You have to be an idiot.
Joe

Silver Spring, MD

#16 Feb 28, 2013
These people buy cars on eBay for half of book value otherwise known as wholesale price from half way across the country and expect perfection perfection is paying 100% of Kelly blue book retail value which I'm sure none of these jokers that left negative reviews did.. beach bounds cars average 150k miles and are avertised as as-is they probably would let you come and look at it prior to bidding to. If you want a car with no issues buy lower miles cars with a warrenty, why do you people think the owner before traded the car in probaly because it's got over 100k with some issues you morons.beach bound auto sales is a small business family run with cheap cars cheap prices it's a shame that people put these terrible reviews about them they haven't been in business this long for doing business the wrong way I know jay,and have bought cars from him I also know he will tell you what he knows about the car as best as he can. Chances are any car you buy from beach bound you will be ok. I have found from the 5 cars I have bought from them over the years some of the small issues Ive had they were willing to help me with expense. I have hope this makes you feel more comfortable about beach bound as I know I will be a future customer. Thanks for everything so far!
Amy

Peterstown, WV

#18 Feb 19, 2014
Has anyone filed a law suit against this dealer? I am going four years battling my purchase of a misrepresented Jeep because I've been trying to resolve it on my own & I haven't been able to afford a lawyer, but now it looks like I have no choice. Not only was the Jeep in HORRIBLE condition (gutted of wires, bolts, nuts, & many more problems), they NEVER SENT ME A TITLE!!!!! It has been sitting in my driveway this whole time depreciating in value & pissing me off!
Amy

Peterstown, WV

#19 Feb 19, 2014
Joe wrote:
These people buy cars on eBay for half of book value otherwise known as wholesale price from half way across the country and expect perfection perfection is paying 100% of Kelly blue book retail value which I'm sure none of these jokers that left negative reviews did.. beach bounds cars average 150k miles and are avertised as as-is they probably would let you come and look at it prior to bidding to. If you want a car with no issues buy lower miles cars with a warrenty, why do you people think the owner before traded the car in probaly because it's got over 100k with some issues you morons.beach bound auto sales is a small business family run with cheap cars cheap prices it's a shame that people put these terrible reviews about them they haven't been in business this long for doing business the wrong way I know jay,and have bought cars from him I also know he will tell you what he knows about the car as best as he can. Chances are any car you buy from beach bound you will be ok. I have found from the 5 cars I have bought from them over the years some of the small issues Ive had they were willing to help me with expense. I have hope this makes you feel more comfortable about beach bound as I know I will be a future customer. Thanks for everything so far!
Jay probably paid you off to say that because there is no way he is a honest person or anyone else in the family. You are full of shit!
Chris

Silver Spring, MD

#20 Jul 10, 2014
They are crooked as the day is long
Jay

Potomac, MD

#21 Jul 13, 2014
Chris wrote:
They are crooked as the day is long
I dare you to come down here and say that in person
Jason

Newark, DE

#22 Jul 23, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I dare you to come down here and say that in person
And the crook resorts to threats. What a loser, I've been to beach bound. I was not impressed with jay or the garbage he was trying to sell, I got a good laugh from the fat man as I walked away...... Buyer beware his comment tells all you need to know about him

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rehoboth Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scooter & bicycle accident Near K Mart Rehoboth... Aug 22 easternshoreldy 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lewes, DE (Aug '10) Aug 17 L. Mauro 17
Leo Albert Majors Jr., Orioles, Ravens fan Aug 9 Pat and Chuck Dorn 1
Cops: Hungry Burglar Cooked Crabcakes Aug 6 Ex Senator Stillborn 3
Lake water needed for north Halton: Region (Oct '11) Aug 5 region steals Hal... 12
In an effort to reduce the cost of public works... Jul '14 Concern Tax Payer 1
A More Family Friendly Dewey Beach Jul '14 Gil Hofheimer 1
•••
•••
•••

Rehoboth Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rehoboth Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE