Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
136,961 - 136,980 of 200,365 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Hey Rittardo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I asked who decides it, can you read? Morality is different with different people.
What the hell are you fishing for?

Why don't you just set up your soap box and start your rant. Surely by now you need no prompting from us to get you going.

[Hey All.... Jeezus Kriste! I know the litte 'tard is looking for "religion" but mush for brains is so limited that he's never noticed the vast numbers of people out there with no sense of religion who still have a higher degree of moral value than he.]
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
What do your parents really think of you... knowing that you swallow the semen emissions of men and engage in corn holing for kicks and fun??
I bet they are ashamed of you, New Castle swish.
lol I'm not from Los Angeles you stupid sap ... lol

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text> Why yes I am actually. Just as the American Nazi movement and the Skin Heads. The best part of amendment one is that it applies to all. No where is it written that YOU must agree with what is said. That is your right. Topix for the most part is a prime example, you are permitted to voice your opinion no matter how flucked up it is.
So yes Fred Phelps can say the things he does, do the things he does. Gay pride parades are allowed just as Nazi marches. You may not like the Gay pride parades, that's your right, do not attend them. That however does not disallow others from doing so.
Ah, gay twirling out of a corner...

Neither of us were talking about free speech, we were talking about perverted behavior.

You condemn one and excuse the other. You know, the evolutionary mate attraction done in gay extreme flamboyancy for some unknown reason. Genetic defect maybe???

Smirk
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Queers gone wild . . . .it must be the heat.
Arresting Times

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Nick Conway of Pasadena, California has been arrested and will atted his court trial and then be convicted and sent to prison.

Since: Jul 12

Post Falls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
What Christians are for same-sex marriage?
Who are they?
Do they have a name?
Every Christian I know of is against same-sex marriage. Who are these mysterious Christians you tell us are for it?
What cave did you find them in?
Do they get email there?
You must live under a rock, gay marriage is fine for several Christian denominations. The Episcopal church is one.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Society dippy, society.
So it's a vote?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Canada, Germany and South Africa have Constitutional rights to gender equality. Our US Constitution doesn't.

That's why same sex marriage is unconstitutional.
Louders

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Paul Ryan wants to defund Planned Parenthood.

This ideological attack would only result in more women losing access to necessary and basic health care.

One in five American women have used Planned Parenthood health services.
Hey Louder

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Louders wrote:
This ideological attack would only result in more women losing access to necessary and basic health care.
That's okay! I'm sure he's got a plan to up the money we send to welfare and schools to take care of these children.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Louders wrote:
That's almost true, he wants to stop using taxpayer funding for the abortion advocacy group known as Planned Parenthood. I'm with Ryan, stop murdering the unborn with our taxes.

Louders wrote:
Only a leftist would call abortion, "necessary and basic health care". I call abortion, immoral.

Louders wrote:
That's too many abortions.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone else think it strange a person claiming to be "straight" going through the convoluted defense of homosexuality, Winston is directly above?
When homosexuals take the Bible turn it upside-down and give it a homosexual spin, we understand that -- but a guy claiming to be straight as an arrow ...?
What's really going on with your sexual orientation, Winston?
Why are you the most foaming-at-the mouth pro-same sex marriage fanatic in this forum?
Wass up with that, fella?
Why do you find it strange that straight people would champion gay rights?
We it not for white people who stood up and died for black civil rights, we'd still be sitting in "Colored" waiting rooms. Do you find it odd they did what they did? Do you think they were secretly black?

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another question for you, Winston:
You tell us you're straight and married.
Let's assume you have an adult son.
Let's assume further the annual gay "pride" parade comes by your downtown office window and you look out and see him on a float, half-naked shaking his genitals for one and all.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fL3ruLkZGjk/Tke_CN5...
Do you point him out to the people in your office while yelling "That's my boy!"
No ...?
Why not ...?
In my case, it would depend on how well hung he was.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

umm wrote:
so I guess votes don't matter anymore these days. if they were gonna rule it "unconstitutional" why did they let us vote on it?
Take a civics class.
Hey Brian

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's almost true, he wants to stop using taxpayer funding for the abortion advocacy group known as Planned Parenthood. I'm with Ryan, stop murdering the unborn with our taxes.
<quoted text>Only a leftist would call abortion, "necessary and basic health care". I call abortion, immoral.
<quoted text>That's too many abortions.
Thank you for showing the world you have no clue what Planned Parenthood does or what services they provide.

You are our idiot savant! Minus the savant.
Taken back

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

This is pretty interesting considering the shift toward mollifying the Tea Party in the choice of Paul Ryan as Vice on Romney's presidential ticket.

The San Diego County Republican Party leadership under Tony Kravarik has been extreme enough to endorse right-winger Carl deMaio for San Diego Mayor rather than the establishment's moderate Nathan Fletcher who responded to the rebuff by fleeing the GOP, becoming an independent and losing the Primary Election.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bestiality, pedophilia, murder, stealing, necrophilia are facts of life, learn to live with it. We got other battles to fight. If we would quit attacking deviants, you would be surprised how many zoophiles, pedophiles, murderers, theives, & necrophiles would vote Republican.
/sarcasm
I used to be into sadism, necrophilia and bestiality. But then I realized I was just beating a dead horse.

You have no real argument against gay marriage, so you imply there is a connection between homosexuality and immoral activities.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
Perversion as Poison
Just read a very good article that makes the point gays and the LBGT agenda ignore the question of morality -- act as if this question has already been settled.
Even in this forum the core question of the morality of homosexual sex is seldom discussed -- and when its brought up the posters is accused of being off-topic.
An act can only be immoral if there is a non consenting party.
There, the issue is settled.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Restricting debate of same-sex marriage to questions of Constitutional Law, skirts the question of the morality of male-to-male anal sex entirely.
Again, if all parties involved want to be, it's moral.
What about male to female anal sex? Or female to male?(Penile penetration isn't the only kind of sex there is.)
Prof Marvel wrote:
Then when a same-sex law is passed in a state as we see in Massachusetts it is used as a tool to normalize homosexuality everywhere else -- most especially the schools.
But the passage of the law does not answer whether homosexuality is a perversion and this is where the LGBT works the big con -- they act like it does the when it most emphatically doesn't.
Result -- in every public school in Massachusetts school children are being taught homosexuality is safe, normal, and as wholesome as mom's apple pie.
Rose's Law...
Pierre

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Why do queers do each other up the butt?

Anybody know?
Winston Smith

Monrovia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another question for you, Winston:
You tell us you're straight and married.
Let's assume you have an adult son.
Let's assume further the annual gay "pride" parade comes by your downtown office window and you look out and see him on a float, half-naked shaking his genitals for one and all.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fL3ruLkZGjk/Tke_CN5...
Do you point him out to the people in your office while yelling "That's my boy!"
No ...?
Why not ...?
And still no answer to my question about your experience with the drag queen. Since you're too timid to give a sensible answer to that one, I'll ask you another. If I was gay, what advantage is there for me to not say so in here?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE