Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,179

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Spike

Monrovia, CA

#154422 Aug 12, 2012
Are you still floating this silly topic that is riddled with poster ( majority ) who are strung out on drugs and hate?
Dude

Newark, DE

#154423 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
One of the core values of every major religion we know of is that homosexuality is an abomination before God.
I know you like to juggle the testicales of anonymous men, but lies, as well? Not only are you being a dishonest c*nt, but also a daft one. Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism are a-okay with homosexuality. Judaism, which isn't orthodox, is fine with it too. Only real players that have a problem with it are fundie Christians and Muslims. Also, "abomination"? You mean like that thing growing from out of your skull that looks like radioactive moss? Instead of taking yourself fully out of the closet, you're taking that word fully out of context. Great. Also, riddle me this: If homosexuality is to abhorrent to this sky daddy, then why did he create it?

Side Note: Religion, overall, is a joke.
Prof Marvel wrote:

I won't bother to present the tens of admonitions against homosexuality from both the Bible.
You also didn't bother to think before you posted this dribble. Guess you're two-for-two.
Prof Marvel wrote:
ASV:(American Standard Version, 1901) "And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
(Honor, Justice, Love, Peace, Women? LOLOLOLOLOLOL)

11:12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
(AW LAWD. RED LOBSTA BE DA DEVIL.)

11:13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls ; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
(I guess those Westboro tw*t wads were onto something when they went about calling America a "fallen nation". I mean, our national bird is an abomination. Eagles, ossifrages, and osprays, oh my.)

11:20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
(Creatures that include dinosaurs, which of course do not exist, are of the devil.)

11:23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.
(Krypto, the comic superdog, is also of the devil. I mean, what do you expect? Just look at his master. Costume's a little tight on the thigh regions, eh Kal-El?)

27:15 Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image, an abomination unto the LORD, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen.
(Really, now? Da Lawd is a dirty, hippy communist? Who knew?)

Do you see now why you're a c*nt for quoting that half-baked, work of fiction like that?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#154424 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
By their relentless propaganda the LGBT is teaching American youth religion is not needed -- that it's outdated and old-fashioned.
Cossack the country millions of children are growing up with the same contempt for religion the LGBT community has.
No good can come of this.
This is why young men grow up thinking there's nothing wrong with marching down Broadway in a penis suit and erect penis hat.
Bet you have gigabytes of images of those...
Brown Lipstick

Amherst, MA

#154425 Aug 12, 2012
Only a pervert would infiltrate The Boy Scouts, Disney, schools, parenting, and in Britain make it illegal for a school teacher to refer to the students parents as mommy and daddy because the left leaning moral web destroyers, aka, tooty fruity mafia consider it to be a sexist remark.
The new world order is near.
Frightening!
Brown Lipstick

Amherst, MA

#154426 Aug 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you have gigabytes of images of those...
It is so cute when a homosexual projects a heterosexual to be like them, abnormal. Opposites or inverses are never the same no matter how hard you try to humiliate, degrade, or defame the better half.
The effort is indeed noted.

Santa Monica, CA

#154427 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
And you of course define "the hard religious right" as churches who do not support homosexuality. You reject these churches for no other reason.
I'm straight. I reject them because their teachings are absurd, irrational and hateful. Also, they stick their noses where they don't belong, then whine if someone tells them to buzz off.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Therefore, since there is no traditional religion we know of that can condone homosexuality without rejecting its core values, homosexuality and religion (traditional) cannot co-exist.
Do you at least agree with this?
No.

Santa Monica, CA

#154432 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the core values of every major religion we know of is that homosexuality is an abomination before God.
Not true, but even if it were, so what?
If you're not a member of one of those religions, you shouldn't have to deal with their beliefs.
Prof Marvel wrote:
You keep identifying this precept as that of only "hard-line" religion, but that's deception on your part.
I won't bother to present the tens of admonitions against homosexuality from both the Bible.
You need to stop misleading everyone and admit that homosexuality and the Bible cannot co-exist.
<quoted text>
Reality and the buy-bull cannot co-exist.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Once again the Bible expressly prohibits homosexuality, so unless you're talking about a church or denomination that doesn't follow the Bible you're engaging in disinformation.
==========
ASV:(American Standard Version, 1901) "And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
Darby:(J.N. Darby Translation, 1890): "And if a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall certainly be put to death; their blood is upon them."
ESV:(English Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."
HNV:(Hebrew Names Version): "If a man lies with a male, as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
KJV:(King James Version): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."
Etc., etc., etc.
Then a BJ should be OK, that's not as with a woman.

Santa Monica, CA

#154433 Aug 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not only don't I hate gays, I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality.
Liar. Your posts are full of contempt for homosexuals.
Brian_G wrote:
This comment:
"We criminalized bigamy to stop polygamy; maybe we should criminalize same sex marriage."
I don't see how we have any other choice after an unelected judge voided the law and the will of the people of California. BTW, same sex marriage isn't the same as sodomy.
Dummy, that's the judge's job.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#154434 Aug 12, 2012
Gooooood morning and Happy Sunday to all

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154435 Aug 12, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you like to juggle the testicales of anonymous men, but lies, as well? Not only are you being a dishonest c*nt, but also a daft one. Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism are a-okay with homosexuality. Judaism, which isn't orthodox, is fine with it too. Only real players that have a problem with it are fundie Christians and Muslims. Also, "abomination"? You mean like that thing growing from out of your skull that looks like radioactive moss? Instead of taking yourself fully out of the closet, you're taking that word fully out of context. Great. Also, riddle me this: If homosexuality is to abhorrent to this sky daddy, then why did he create it?
Side Note: Religion, overall, is a joke.
I've edited out the balance of your post because your last line in the middle of it is sufficient evidence to support my point about the homosexual lifestyle -- it can't co-exist with religion.

People who call religion "a joke," are disbelievers, son, all your bending and twisting to hide this truism notwithstanding.

And as we see above, your bending and twisting can get pretty creative -- "Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism are a-okay with homosexuality."

Dude, that's ridiculous and you know it.

That's desperation.

That's turning your back on everything you were raised to believe -- everything the 10 generations that preceded you were raised to believe!-- in order to keep getting your fudge packed.

Honestly, Dude, is getting corn holed that incredibly pleasurable that you would turn your back (no pun) on your Judeo-Christian heritage and become a dot head Hindu in order to keep getting some?

Santa Monica, CA

#154436 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion continues to evolve, which you of course don't like because defending same-sex marriage and all its ramifications is like the little Dutch Boy at the dikes (no pun) trying to plug all the leaks.
Also, homosexuality is absolutely prohibited in the Bible as I've shown and as anyone with a brain knows.
The Buy-bull says people who work on Saturday should be put to death. God even directly ordered the torture death of someone who picked up sticks on a Saturday.
Prof Marvel wrote:
In other words, a child who elects to become an homosexual must by extension become an atheist.
Well, considering god doesn't exist...
Prof Marvel wrote:
This explains the penis suits and phallic symbols we see during your gay "pride" parades.
You're really into those.
If it weren't for your going on and on about them, I wouldn't even know they existed.
Prof Marvel wrote:
These symbols have nothing to do with pride and everything to do with sex cultism.
Which is what you are -- a garden variety sex cult.
What's the difference between a sex cult and a god cult? Sex exists.

Atlanta, GA

#154437 Aug 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm straight. I reject them because their teachings are absurd, irrational and hateful. Also, they stick their noses where they don't belong, then whine if someone tells them to buzz off.
<quoted text>
No.
You say you're straight, Rose, but I find that hard to believe when you advocate homosexual sex practices like pee-play, fisting, rimming, etc.

As I understand it, your rationale is "Straights do it too!"

But how do you know "straights do it to" Rose?

Do you and your boyfriend pee on each other?

Did you walk in the bedroom when you were a kid to find your mother fisting your father?

How do you know, "straights do it too!" Rose -- and even if they do, why do you think that makes these practices sane and as wholesome as mom's apple pie?

Atlanta, GA

#154438 Aug 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Buy-bull says people who work on Saturday should be put to death. God even directly ordered the torture death of someone who picked up sticks on a Saturday.
<quoted text>
Well, considering god doesn't exist...
<quoted text>
You're really into those.
If it weren't for your going on and on about them, I wouldn't even know they existed.
<quoted text>
What's the difference between a sex cult and a god cult? Sex exists.
I don't think we actually have a disagreement here, Rose.

Directly above, you give us reasons why homosexuality and religion cannot coexist.

Good post.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#154439 Aug 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
I'm sorry RnL has a problem recognizing the importance of gender differences. It seems many same sex marriage supporters are likely to make hyperbolic statements (OFTEN ALL CAPS) that show ignorance of sexual differentiation in the human species. Do you think this might have some relationship to her sexual orientation?
Brian......I KNOW more about Gender differences than you do........but that is irrelevant with regards to the right to marry the person of your choosing!!

My SEXUAL ORIENTATION has NOTHING to do with how I see the differences between men and women!!!

Sorry, but your grasping at straws won't make you anymore believable!!!

Santa Monica, CA

#154440 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, Reality, you distort the truth and manufacture facts that don't exist.
First of all, it's not merely "one" person who wears a penis suit during your gay "pride" parades. It's the fact that the entire parade is a public exhibition of hedonism and sexual degradation.
That's what gay "parades" have evolved into. You certainly know this. You've certainly read the anguished essays by tens of deeply concerned gays outraged at this depressing and repulsive outcome, yet you dishonestly characterize these now universality despised parades as squeaky clean weren't if for the one or two people who show up in penis suits.
How about six people in penis suits marching in formation?
LOL.
Your fixation on these penis suits has got me curious.
Gotta link?
Prof Marvel wrote:
How about a giant penis float shooting confetti from its head? How about half-naked go-go boys being led down the street on dog leashes by the "tops"?
Gay pride parades stopped having anything to do with pride in the 70s. You know this, and if you don't, everyone in this forum does.
The next lie you promote is that drunk women along the sidelines at Madi Gras flashing their breasts are part of the parade. You know this is a damnable lie.
You are such a drama queen....

Santa Monica, CA

#154441 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
At last!
A homosexual who admits homosexuality and religion cannot co-exist.
But it can and does.
I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, just that it's a fact.
http://mccchurch.org/download/theology/homose...
Spike

Monrovia, CA

#154442 Aug 12, 2012
When your just plain stupid, you post racists comments and threats on this toipic.

What a waste of space, just like the empty spot between the eas fo the itidot posters.
Mikhail Prokhorov

Justice, IL

#154443 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've edited out the balance of your post because your last line in the middle of it is sufficient evidence to support my point about the homosexual lifestyle -- it can't co-exist with religion.
People who call religion "a joke," are disbelievers, son, all your bending and twisting to hide this truism notwithstanding.
And as we see above, your bending and twisting can get pretty creative -- "Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism are a-okay with homosexuality."
Dude, that's ridiculous and you know it.
That's desperation.
That's turning your back on everything you were raised to believe -- everything the 10 generations that preceded you were raised to believe!-- in order to keep getting your fudge packed.
Honestly, Dude, is getting corn holed that incredibly pleasurable that you would turn your back (no pun) on your Judeo-Christian heritage and become a dot head Hindu in order to keep getting some?
I am laugh at "Dude"!

Santa Monica, CA

#154444 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to try and grasp the ideas in a post before replying with your stock LGBT cliches, fella.
First, how you compare homosexuality to skin color, etc., is a mystery. Some people choose to live the homosexual lifestyle, others don't. No one is born with a instinct to have anal sex. Anal sex is just the thing people with no desire for to vaginal/penis intercourse substitute.
Wrong. Most men who have anal sex have a vagina an inch away, and also engage in vaginal/penis intercourse. Sometimes in the same session..

Prof Marvel wrote:
In other words, stop confusing the gay gene with homosexual behavior -- they're not the same thing.
The Bible's prohibition was against the behavior, not the state of being homosexual which it says nothing about.
Indeed, it is was only when homosexual sex became legal that the HIV-AIDS epidemic and the contamination of our blood supply happened. Thus, it's perfectly reasonable to assume the admonitions in the Bible against homosexual sex prevented a similar epidemic and perhaps the utter extinction of humankind.
You are such a drama queen!
Prof Marvel wrote:
Today, even 30 years after universal safe sex education gay males remain more than 65% of all new HIV-AIDS cases. Obviously, there is something very lethal about your sex practices, something the Bible help put a stop to.
And here I'd like to ask a question:
If you could go back in history an re-write the Bible so that male-to-male sex is endorsed instead of prohibited, would you do it?
Yes.

Santa Monica, CA

#154445 Aug 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There is no gender equality right in the Constitution.
14th Amendment says all US citizens should get equal protection.
Brian_G wrote:
Our laws recognize men and women are different, just as they see adult and child as different.
I'm sorry RnL has a problem recognizing the importance of gender differences. It seems many same sex marriage supporters are likely to make hyperbolic statements (OFTEN ALL CAPS)
Actually, it's you fundies who tend to use the all caps...
Brian_G wrote:
that show ignorance of sexual differentiation in the human species. Do you think this might have some relationship to her sexual orientation?
Tell me how men and women are different. Something specific, and why that difference should deny men and women equal rights...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police chase on Sunday early morning thru EPA 22 hr D mann 1
Bill Widmer named new Rancho Palos Verdes city ... Sat Are you serious 1
HELP STOP UNJUST PERSECUTIONS of TAXPAYERS over... Dec 19 EQUAL RIGHTS 27
sri ganganagar Dec 18 parmjeet 1
Good Night... Dec 16 Ashik love 2
Indias Independence Day Celebration Dec 15 Maheed Delhi 1
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 11 KROSE 375

Redwood City News Video

Redwood City Dating
Find my Match