Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 6,792)

Showing posts 135,821 - 135,840 of199,086
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
You catch on quickly.......lol!!!
Basically a person's sexual orientation is NOT a choice, but who they actually opt to be intimate with is........and that is just as true for heterosexuals as it is for Gays and Lesbians!!!
Fine, now cite your claim, you jackass.

And lyrics from Lady Gaga are not considered credible cites.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What "facts" you shitheeler?
You don't present facts -- never do you support what you're saying with cites. All you do is tell us something is a fact and we're supposed to believe you.
Well, I don't.
Cite your claim that homosexuality isn't a "learned behavior."
Back it up, or stop spewing your pap.
Facts have NEVER stood in the way of your opinions before. What do you care? If someone claims that "homosexuality is a learned behavior" the burden of proof is theirs. They have no valid, scientific evidence to back it up. You don't get to make outrageous claims and then say "prove it's not true." Science doesn't work that way. If someone says being gay is a learned behavior, my response is "oh really? Where's your evidence?"
Spike

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

You always need to point out the 'idiots' who post racist comments like the previous poster did nad has been doing for Oh so long.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, now cite your claim, you jackass.
And lyrics from Lady Gaga are not considered credible cites.
Look it up from ANY Medical Professional organization. Oh wait, I forgot. You know better than they do, after all, look at your credentials.
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
And that's because the unknown still remains the additional kids who'd have grown up gay had both parents been gay.
But thanks for illustrating the problem with the way the LGBT answers these questions. As you show above, time and again we get your kind of foggy thinking from the LGBT.
They call it "science." It's actually ignorance masquerading as science.
No Zippy she has a valid point. The simple fact is this, a vast majority of homosexuals where and are raised in heterosexual homes. Your notion that gayness is learned is lame at best. These children where raised around heterosexuals, given your some what ass backwards thought process, there would be no homosexuals. You yourself are your own example of how wrong you are.

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts have NEVER stood in the way of your opinions before. What do you care? If someone claims that "homosexuality is a learned behavior" the burden of proof is theirs. They have no valid, scientific evidence to back it up. You don't get to make outrageous claims and then say "prove it's not true." Science doesn't work that way. If someone says being gay is a learned behavior, my response is "oh really? Where's your evidence?"
I see ...

So since we can't produce evidence showing homosexuality is a learned behavior, that means it isn't a learned behavior.

Is that your point, you imbecile?

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>No Zippy she has a valid point. The simple fact is this, a vast majority of homosexuals where and are raised in heterosexual homes. Your notion that gayness is learned is lame at best. These children where raised around heterosexuals, given your some what ass backwards thought process, there would be no homosexuals. You yourself are your own example of how wrong you are.
Look, stupid, because 4 kids out of every 100 with hetero parents turn out gay, tells us nothing about how many kids would turn out gay were the parents gay.

Do you at least grasp that simple concept?
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, stupid, because 4 kids out of every 100 with hetero parents turn out gay, tells us nothing about how many kids would turn out gay were the parents gay.
Do you at least grasp that simple concept?
I would take a wild guess at 4 out of 100, Homosexuality is not learned and you should know that. Have you accepted your bisexuality yest or are you still struggling with self hatred? I assumed that the time you where gone that you had put it to good use and found a Psychologists to help you.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
You catch on quickly.......lol!!!
Basically a person's sexual orientation is NOT a choice, but who they actually opt to be intimate with is........and that is just as true for heterosexuals as it is for Gays and Lesbians!!!
You don't catch on at all !!!
Rose, how can you say that when you made the choice to be a lesbian after being with a man and even became a mother. YOU MADE A CHOICE no ifs and or buts about it, so STFU with your lies and delusions. Damn you are getting stupider by the minute ... lol

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text> I would take a wild guess at 4 out of 100, Homosexuality is not learned and you should know that. Have you accepted your bisexuality yest or are you still struggling with self hatred? I assumed that the time you where gone that you had put it to good use and found a Psychologists to help you.
And now -- after being shown how idiotic his claim is -- he abandons it altogether.

Honestly, Reality, if I had a nickel for each time I obliterated another of your half-baked LGBT claims, I'd be as rich as Rockefeller.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I do try to post my responses appropriate to the intellectual level of the post I am responding too. In the case of "this guy" I have learned to dumb my comments down to just above grunting as he is an absolute moron.
You are kidding right ???? your responses have been null since you've been here. LMAO Go ahead, lets here your favorite gay ressponse ... you are sooooo predictable prove me rightg that you are stuck on stupid for life. You are the reason this country is in the dump
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

After reading these posts, I can now say with complete confidence that you idiots are the reason this country has fallen .....

“Just keeping it real”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the penis suits and erect penis hats you wearing during your gay "pride" parades?
Does that have anything to do with sex?
I didn't attend pride this year. You must have been stalking and staring at someone else while lurking at the sidelines of your local gay pride.

Who was discussing Pride Parades? Oh, that's right, no one. But going back to the subject that was presented, even at Pride Events Gary, the people (straight or gay) kissing still aren't having sex. As noted previously, only in your f*cked up world is kissing a sexual activity.

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. OH NO!
NOW HERE THIS! NOW HERE THIS! A MAN WAS COUGHT MASTERBATING IN PUBLIC!
pffft, that's nothing compared to your lil gai boi parades or your bull dykes running around San Franreako with no shirts on, letting their titties hit the floor.
You mean like the straight gals do at Mardi Gras? Yeah, nice try dipshit. Do you have a bullet left for your other foot? LOL!! Attend a lot lil gai boi parades do you Redneck?!! LOL!!!!
a win 4 moral exclusive

Orofino, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

about time lawmakers get a grip on their 'senses'.
thants' right! it is unconstitutional to have them crazies latchin on to one another. those illmoralistic unrealistics dumbells can eat pelosi-crow! California will be much better off, if the California Legislature banned her too! along with the complete current administration, send them all to gitmo
seriously folks

Orofino, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

nice to hear great news from the sad state off affairs of California.

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
NOTICE:
To all who watched the LGBT Kiss-In at Chick-Fil-A...
If you were shocked and repulsed at the sight of the men and women kissing each other in front of you local Chik-Fil-A yesterday, not to worry ...
The LGBT assures us the spectacle will in no way, size, shape, or form negatively affect your kids.
How does the LGBT use to determine such weighty questions?
They call it "Gaydar."
NOTICE:
To all who read the baseless repetition of Gary Lloyd.... If you are shocked and repulsed at by the intentional deceitful lying of a so called bible follower, not to worry.....
Reading his posts will in no way convert you to be a bigot of his level, nor will it in no way, size, shape or form negatively affect your own personal IQ.

How do we know? It's called "common sense". Just because Gary is completely lacking in it doesn't mean that reading his nonsense will take it away from you!!

(Notice the "How does the LGBT use to determine......"!!!! For goodness sake this supposed "writer" can't even formulate a proper English sentence!!! Hey, Prof. "author", here's a clue for you, "what" and "how" are two different words. You might learn how to use them properly.)
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
And now -- after being shown how idiotic his claim is -- he abandons it altogether.
Honestly, Reality, if I had a nickel for each time I obliterated another of your half-baked LGBT claims, I'd be as rich as Rockefeller.
Do you enjoy anal and oral sex with men?

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop twisting what the APA says.
<quoted text>
Stop twisting what the APA says?!! Now, that coming from you is hilarious!!! Let's see what they say!

"Sexual orientation is commonly discussed as if it were solely a characteristic of an individual, like biological sex, gender identity, or age. This perspective is incomplete because sexual orientation IS DEFINED in terms of relationships with others"
NOTE - homosexuality is NOT defined by actions as Prof. Dipshit pretends.

"People can be celibate and still know their sexual orientation-–be it lesbian, gay, bisexual, or heterosexual."
NOTE - No sexual activity is required for one to be a homosexual. This is another ponint that Prof. Dipshit likes to lie about.

"most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."
NOTE - choice has little or no role. Yet Prof Dipshit would have you believe that children seeing gay people kissing will want to magically choose to be gay. Even though the very APA that he quotes states otherwise. Now, what was that again about twisting the words of the APA Gary?

"Although many lesbians and gay men learn to cope with the social stigma against homosexuality, this pattern of prejudice can have serious negative effects on health and well-being"
One would think that someone that mentions the bible as much as Prof. Dipshit would actually be concerned about other people. Not according to the APA. They state that lies that Prof. Dipshit continues to promote have serious negative effects on the health and well-being of gay people. Seems Gary could care less. His Jesus must be so proud.

"No, lesbian, gay, and bisexual orientations are NOT disorders. Research has found NO INHERENT ASSOCIATION between any of these sexual orientations and psychopathology."
NOTE - Dispite what the APA says, Prof. Gary Dipshit is here day in and day out claiming otherwise! Hey, Gary, what was it you said before about twisting the words of the APA?

BOTH heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are NORMAL aspects of human sexuality."
NOTE - Prof. Liar Gary claims otherwise here repeatedly. Now, what was that again Gary about twisting the words of the APA??

"Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience."
NOTE - You see Gary, despite the stereotypes (NAMBLA, bath houses, little black books, Brinkin, penis parade suits, etc) you continue to try and deceitfully promote, the APA states clearly that our orientation is just as normal as yours. Now, Gary please tell us again about this request you have for people to stop twisting the words of the APA...... LOL!!!

"Stereotypes about lesbian, gay, and bisexual people have persisted, even though studies have found them to be misleading. For instance, one stereotype is that the relationships of lesbians and gay men are dysfunctional and unhappy. However, studies have found same-sex and heterosexual couples to be equivalent to each other on measures of relationship satisfaction and commitment."
NOTE - According to the APA, our relationships are equivalent to those of heterosexuals. Yet Gary Lloyd is here day in and day out twisting that around!

"In summary, social science has shown that the concerns often raised about children of lesbian and gay parents—concerns that are generally grounded in prejudice against and stereotypes about gay people—ARE UNFOUNDED. Overall, the research indicates that the children of lesbian and gay parents DO NOT DIFFER markedly from the children of heterosexual parents in their development, adjustment, or overall well-being."

Hmmmm, Gary, what was it you were saying about twisting the APA's words? LOL!

What a complete tool you are!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't catch on at all !!!
Rose, how can you say that when you made the choice to be a lesbian after being with a man and even became a mother. YOU MADE A CHOICE no ifs and or buts about it, so STFU with your lies and delusions. Damn you are getting stupider by the minute ... lol
I NEVER made a choice to be a Lesbian, that's been a part of who I am since I was around the age of 10........however, that didn't prevent me from trying to fit into a society that preaches being HETEROSEXUAL is good and the way it should be.

I made a choice to live in denial for a brief period of time in my adult life..........and when it didn't feel right and it made me question many things.......I realized I had to be honest with myself..........I don't hate men, enjoy being around them, I'm just not interested in them sexually..........and like I stated......I didn't choose to be a Lesbian, but I can tell you that there is a difference between how a man made me feel and how my wife makes me feel........and I am right within myself.

You can try and tell me about my life......but seeing as I have lived it........I'd say that I'm more an expert on it than you are.......so, stop trying so hard to make a point about something you are clueless about.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 135,821 - 135,840 of199,086
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••