Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,959

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
ELH

Portland, OR

#151553 Jul 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
BTW, I didn't post my opinion, that why I have cited- the court's, the founder's, the congressional debates on Amendment's, the State ratification debates on the Constitution and relevant Amendment's, the Federalist Paper's- etc.
Yopu post your interpretation of these documents. OPINIONS that many people, including some sitting justices, DISAGREE with. That's probably why you are such a smarmy name calling dickhead.
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>

It is you whom post's opinion, that is why your post lack any relevant citations to people who matter.
Yes, you keep claiming this but we both know it's due to your giant ego.

http://russellsteapot.com/
ELH

Portland, OR

#151554 Jul 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it easy, you are going to give yourself a heart attack. You are so angry. That happens to people who cannot form a good argument, they get frustrated. Perhaps you should go educate yourself a bit more, then you wouldn't be so frustrated.
Sure, THAT"S it exactly! We are all just "frustrated" by your brilliant non-arguments.

Bill Of Rights

Beacon, NY

#151555 Jul 22, 2012
Robert wrote:
Simply proves that our federal as well as state governments are no longer governments of "we, the People." Judges can overturn the voice of the people. No, this is not legal but we've seen our freedoms and voices chipped-away at, we're busy trying to survive this economy and powerless to truly take our governments back.
Yeah,right,OK,what ever you say! LOL,Isn't it a bitch when that pesky Constitution gets in the way! You're dismissed! LOL

“Thou Shalt Not Spill”

Since: Jun 12

Roseville, CA

#151556 Jul 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it easy, you are going to give yourself a heart attack. You are so angry. That happens to people who cannot form a good argument, they get frustrated. Perhaps you should go educate yourself a bit more, then you wouldn't be so frustrated.
If laughter creates heart attacks you may be right idiot,
I can crucify your dumb ass in any position of your choice friend given you're dead wrong in thinking it's not right that same sexed couples should not marry.

Bring it sister.

LOL!!!

And frustrated for WHAT????
I'm straight AND married already.
Penn States fate

Monrovia, CA

#151557 Jul 22, 2012
The Boy Scouts of America's decision to continue excluding gays has left them frustrated and angered.

For others, the Scouts again showed that the 112-year-old organization continues to stand for morality and family values.

Ya, like protecting the names and actions of Pedofiles working the boy scouts of america for their own private sex clubs.

Shame on thema nd boy scouts of america for doing this in the first place, it's time to name names and have some heads swinging, including the people in power inside the boy scouts of america.

Penn State should be an example of what happens to filthy people who cover up and hide the truth from the parents and law enforcement.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#151558 Jul 22, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of Absence AKA: Argumentum ad Ignorantiam, a device used in debate to shift the burden of proof. And BTW, I didn't need to "look it up" but maybe you should.
See Bertram Russell's teapot:
Keep trying ELH, you will eventually have something to say worth reading.

Location hidden

#151559 Jul 22, 2012
Boogle Eyed wrote:
<quoted text>
If laughter creates heart attacks you may be right idiot,
I can crucify your dumb ass in any position of your choice friend given you're dead wrong in thinking it's not right that same sexed couples should not marry.
Bring it sister.
LOL!!!
And frustrated for WHAT????
I'm straight AND married already.
It's not my fault you are ignorant, and it isn't my job to educate you.

Try reading a book.
Idiot Joe

Monrovia, CA

#151560 Jul 22, 2012
Penn State University Joe Paterno's statue no longer points to the sky outside Beaver Stadium in a predawn removal that Penn State had to confront a "failure of leadership at many levels" in light of Jerry Sandusky's crimes.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#151561 Jul 22, 2012
Hattie wrote:
<quoted text>Homoqueers need to get repaired and become productive members of society, not child molesting pigs.
Repeating a lie over and over does not make it true. You may not agree with "homoqueers" as you call them but they are not all child molesters. And not all child molesters are homsexuals. How are they not a productive members of society?

“Thou Shalt Not Spill”

Since: Jun 12

Roseville, CA

#151562 Jul 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my fault you are ignorant, and it isn't my job to educate you.
Try reading a book.
I read a few.

One dealt with the U.S. Constitution.

Location hidden

#151563 Jul 22, 2012
For those who seem to think that the words of the founder's whom drafted the document, the States whom ratified it, and the like in regards to Amendment's don't matter.

The SCOTUS disagrees:

"The Constitution is a written instrument. As such, its meaning does not alter. That which it meant when adopted, it means now."- South Carolina v US

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#151565 Jul 23, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough of what, exactly?
<quoted text>
Who would have guessed you are lying!?
He didn't just say marriage should be between man and woman, he said gay marriage is “inviting God’s judgment on our nation.”
And ...?

I confess that wasn't in the article I read, but assuming it's true, why does the LGBT object to God's judgment?

What's becoming clear is acceptance of homosexuality means rejection of religion. The LGBT no longer pretends there's a way of believing them and the Bible.

The Gay "pride" parade in Chicago is a good example of this. The Catholic Church called it a anti-God, celebration of hedonism and got an injunction against it passing their churches on Sunday. The LGBT called the Church "homophobic."

Absent from the LGBT response is any mention of the specific charges the church made; specifically, "celebration of hedonism."

If giant penis floats and men in penis suits aren't a celebration of hedonism I don't know what is.

Don't you agree...?

If not, tell us exactly what they're a celebration of.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#151566 Jul 23, 2012
Marcia_Marcia_Marcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating a lie over and over does not make it true. You may not agree with "homoqueers" as you call them but they are not all child molesters. And not all child molesters are homsexuals. How are they not a productive members of society?
Give homosexual men unfettered access to boys and they'll molest them; that's the lesson we learn from the Catholic priest scandal.

Conversely, give heterosexual men unfettered aces to girls they'll molest them.

Here's the disconnect: we all accept the latter as a truism, but the LGBT wants us to reject the former.

And that's the problem the LGBT: they deal in misdirection, not truth.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#151567 Jul 23, 2012
Archie Bunker wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the voters in California voted for the ban on same sex marriage.
Then some liberal, left wing judge, from the 9th Circuit Court decides to strike it down.
Wrong - Wrong - Wrong. GOD IS GONNA CUT YOU DOWN!!!!!!!!!!
Edith agrees.
-Things we can agree on what had happened even if we do not agree with the outcome.
A) Majority of the voters in California voted for the ban and it passed
B) The Judge decided to strike it down

-This is when we will disagree.
A) Should not have happened. When you have majority voting on the rights of a minority (yes technically gay and lesbians are a minority) the majority will always win.
B) If A) did not happen then "liberal, left wing judge", from the 9th Circuit Court would not have to strike it down.
-When you said "Wrong - Wrong - Wrong" What is wrong and why are you upset?
A) That the vote was found unconstitutional and you think they should be able to vote on the rights of others?
B) Are you against homosexuality? You said in another post “BEFORE YOU START BERATING ME, I HAPPEN TO HAVE SOME OF "THEM LIGHT IN THE LOAFERS" IN MY FAMILY TREE"
---That comment makes me think that you are against it because if you had no problem with homosexuals you would have worded that a lot different. But I want to know your reasons why you are upset about it. Your location is Denver so you did not vote on this so why are you upset?
---When you said "GOD IS GONNA CUT YOU DOWN!!!!!!!!!!" who is you?
1) Liberal Judge 2) Homosexuals 3) People for marriage equality
*side note- Who is Edith?
Bill Of Rights

Beacon, NY

#151568 Jul 23, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Give homosexual men unfettered access to boys and they'll molest them; that's the lesson we learn from the Catholic priest scandal.
Conversely, give heterosexual men unfettered aces to girls they'll molest them.
Here's the disconnect: we all accept the latter as a truism, but the LGBT wants us to reject the former.
And that's the problem the LGBT: they deal in misdirection, not truth.
No give pedophiles unfettered access and they will molest them! The 2 simply are not the same stupid,besides OFF Topic idiot! And give unfettered access of heterosexual men and they will molest little girls? NOPE,wrong again! Again give pedophiles unfettered access to little girls and they will molest them! The 2 are not the same no matter how you want to deal in "mis-direction"of which you are the queen of Mr. Bi-sexual Gary! I mean you being Bi,you just admitted to being a pedophile right? See how that works? LOL,Now care to make an actual post having to do with the topic of the thread Gary,Mr. Bi-sexual pedophile? The vast majority of gays just like the vast majority of heterosexuals are good decent people who would string any person up by the nearest tree if they harmed a child! Any child! Damn you have a twisted mind Bi-boy! LOL,

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#151569 Jul 23, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I have no reason to believe otherwise. Do you?
God, Adam & Eve are VERY real...
Proove me wrong.
[pleeeeeease] lol
Evolution proves you wrong stupid.

And yet you are so stupid you can't grasp simple biology.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#151570 Jul 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, tell us what "fundamental to our very existence and survival" refers to, we are all waiting to see if you can match Rose the Ho's idiocy.
Smile.
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Pair bonding. Married people are healthier and live longer. Unless, of course, they find themselves married to a flaming idiot like you.
I'm sure the SCOTUS justices know that marriage is not a requirement for reproduction.
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what I think. It only matters what SCOTUS thinks. And if you think they are going to allow Prop 8 to stand, you are batshit crazy. Oh wait.... of course you are Blanche, you ARE batshit crazy. It will make my victory dance next year just THAT much sweeter.
Like it or not, that logic means MY marriage is "fundamental to YOUR very existence and survival". LOL

Your understanding of 'fundamental' exposes your fundamental idiocy and terminal case of gay twirl.

Just a note; 'Pair bonding' in nature relates specifically to off-spring. Marriage won't help you with that, will it?

Smile.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#151571 Jul 23, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Give homosexual men unfettered access to boys ......
You don't even try for logic anymore, do you?

You KNOW that the vast majority of molesters are not gay, and yet this is the only bleat you have?

Why bother?

If you lost your obsession with all things gay, you might find a productive hobby out there that would do you some good.

Location hidden

#151572 Jul 23, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a deranged lunatic every night.
<quoted text>
That's your worthless OPINION.
<quoted text>
Gender and orientation are NOT the same thing. So... to bad that it takes more that your insistence to turn bullshit into facts.
GIRLS SCOUTS allow MALE and LESBIAN scout leaders. Smile bitch!
<quoted text>
you're an idiot and "orientation" has NOTHING to do with your asinine "argument"
<quoted text>
And here you are explaining to STRANGERS on the internet how you were a boy for a while, then you "decided" that you were a girl and the you changed your mind and "became" a man and married a "woman" and has "children".
The only thing you "qualify" for is an insane asylum.
Bet you are wearing a wrist brace tonight.

Smile.

Location hidden

#151573 Jul 23, 2012
Boogle Eyed wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigger question here dumbfuck is who cares?
And if you're to claim there is a God then other questions abound in that men wrote who the Bible were just that so how in the hell are you supposed to display His purpose here?
Stick to the aspect at hand you game playing jerkoff - why should we not allow gay marriages nationwide in the United States of America?
If you
believe denying marriage to a relationship
will prevent love

If you
demand any committed relationship
has to be called marriage

If you
claim rights and benefits can only be acquired
by a imposition on marriage

If you
equate the diversity of two genders
with the redundancy of same genders

If you
desecrate the sacred tradition of all major religions
and violate the historic practice of every single culture in history

If you
believe a fundamental change to the building block of society
will have absolutely no affect

If you
think a law can change
the reality of crucial distinctions in relationships

If you
pretend duplicating sexuality
is the same as blending masculinity and femininity

If you
condemn some children to parents of only one gender
and deliberately deny some children one natural parent

If you
ignore the design of sexual union
to manipulate a harmful act

If you
violate evolution's law of reproduction
to equate a genetic dead end

If you
risk the healthiest human relationship
to include one of the unhealthiest

If you
parallel the sole birthplace of every other relationship
with one that can reproduce none

If you
dilute all these things
down to just 'a committed relationship of two people'

Then, and only then, can you equate same-sex unions with marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 44 min Runonion 5,072
How would you like to/be proposed? 4 hr Hopeless Romantic 0
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr Blazing saddles 7,954
Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy coming... 11 hr malloryciliberti 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 23 hr subscibe 15,995
Why some high-tech parents want low-tech kids Tue Ray Ban 1
Burlingame post office sold Tue Happy to have moved 1
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE