Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 6,717)

Showing posts 134,321 - 134,340 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

califdune wrote:
<quoted text>
If there wasnt a more hidden agenda by the gay community they would of accepted civil unions which gave them everything they were asking for. Since they would rather tear down something which had been established by people who may not of agreed with the gay community it had to go. its not about marriage. never was.
That's the problem......CIVIL UNIONS OR DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS don't give EVERYTHING that we are asking for........we are demanding the right to marry the person of OUR CHOOSING.....not settle for some 2nd Class hand-out that folks like you feel are the same and AREN'T!!!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
What "debate"? You think that posting your tired OPINION over and over equals a debate? Are you high?
That's funny, have you read any of the post's from Rose? They haven't changed in 3 years.

BTW, I didn't post my opinion, that why I have cited- the court's, the founder's, the congressional debates on Amendment's, the State ratification debates on the Constitution and relevant Amendment's, the Federalist Paper's- etc.

It is you whom post's opinion, that is why your post lack any relevant citations to people who matter. I guess that is the source of your frustration.

“Thou Shalt Not Spill”

Since: Jun 12

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

califdune wrote:
<quoted text>
If there wasnt a more hidden agenda by the gay community they would of accepted civil unions which gave them everything they were asking for. Since they would rather tear down something which had been established by people who may not of agreed with the gay community it had to go. its not about marriage. never was.
Maybe gays don't have to accept civil unions.

Maybe blacks did not have to accept they shouould ride in the back of the bus in the 50's and 60's.

Maybe women did not have to accept tghey should not be allowed to vote in the supposedly free country they were born in during the early 1900's.

Maybe Asians who were citizens of this country thought they should be able to own land back in the late 1800's.

Maybe I wouldn't feel the need to bitch slap your ass should you ever become a man and exit your basement hideaway where you spout your shit like a KKK Klansman but I doubt that will ever happen.

ROFL!!!!!
ELH

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of Absence- look it up, I didn't coin the term for your nonsense.
And it isn't my fault that your and Rose consistently come up on the short end of the debate.
Evidence of Absence AKA: Argumentum ad Ignorantiam, a device used in debate to shift the burden of proof. And BTW, I didn't need to "look it up" but maybe you should.

See Bertram Russell's teapot:
http://russellsteapot.com/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Boogle Eyed wrote:
<quoted text>
Given you might not have a job after reading your dicked up posts just tell me what Walgreens is in your neighborhood and I'll forward the monies it takes to buy a Monopoly game so that next time you feel like playing games you could find those 2 friends you may have and play that game with them rather than play games in here friend.
Take it easy, you are going to give yourself a heart attack. You are so angry. That happens to people who cannot form a good argument, they get frustrated. Perhaps you should go educate yourself a bit more, then you wouldn't be so frustrated.

“Thou Shalt Not Spill”

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I have peeled gum off my shoe smarter than you.
Shit... I will not deny it. No sir.

But given my limited IQ I am still smarter than your sorry ass...LOL!!!!!
Lens cleaner

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Your still eyed as an idiot for your postings.
Bill Of Rights

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

califdune wrote:
<quoted text>
But unfortunately for you Separate but equal never is equal! Move along now,gays are not second class citizens and are entitled to the very same rights as you enjoy as an American citizen! YOU do NOT own the institution of marriage! Move along now and take your bigotry with you! Glad I could help! Gays do NOT want "special" rights but only the very same one's you enjoy! And according to 2 courts now in California Prop 8 was and remains Unconstitutional!

“Thou Shalt Not Spill”

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, have you read any of the post's from Rose? They haven't changed in 3 years.
BTW, I didn't post my opinion, that why I have cited- the court's, the founder's, the congressional debates on Amendment's, the State ratification debates on the Constitution and relevant Amendment's, the Federalist Paper's- etc.
It is you whom post's opinion, that is why your post lack any relevant citations to people who matter. I guess that is the source of your frustration.
Reality does not change.

It's an amazing aspect of the truth but there you go dumbfuck.

You have selectively chosen aspects of the Constitution and the like to reflect your limited beliefs. In short - you lied. It's as if you took a box of Cap'N Crunch cereal and advised us the label reads the ingredients as being sugar while ignoring the rest.

You're a bullshitter. Easy to identify but in your case hard to accept apparently.
ELH

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
Yopu post your interpretation of these documents. OPINIONS that many people, including some sitting justices, DISAGREE with. That's probably why you are such a smarmy name calling dickhead.
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>

It is you whom post's opinion, that is why your post lack any relevant citations to people who matter.
Yes, you keep claiming this but we both know it's due to your giant ego.

ELH

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it easy, you are going to give yourself a heart attack. You are so angry. That happens to people who cannot form a good argument, they get frustrated. Perhaps you should go educate yourself a bit more, then you wouldn't be so frustrated.
Sure, THAT"S it exactly! We are all just "frustrated" by your brilliant non-arguments.

Bill Of Rights

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Robert wrote:
Simply proves that our federal as well as state governments are no longer governments of "we, the People." Judges can overturn the voice of the people. No, this is not legal but we've seen our freedoms and voices chipped-away at, we're busy trying to survive this economy and powerless to truly take our governments back.
Yeah,right,OK,what ever you say! LOL,Isn't it a bitch when that pesky Constitution gets in the way! You're dismissed! LOL

“Thou Shalt Not Spill”

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
If laughter creates heart attacks you may be right idiot,
I can crucify your dumb ass in any position of your choice friend given you're dead wrong in thinking it's not right that same sexed couples should not marry.

Bring it sister.

LOL!!!

And frustrated for WHAT????
I'm straight AND married already.
Penn States fate

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

The Boy Scouts of America's decision to continue excluding gays has left them frustrated and angered.

For others, the Scouts again showed that the 112-year-old organization continues to stand for morality and family values.

Ya, like protecting the names and actions of Pedofiles working the boy scouts of america for their own private sex clubs.

Shame on thema nd boy scouts of america for doing this in the first place, it's time to name names and have some heads swinging, including the people in power inside the boy scouts of america.

Penn State should be an example of what happens to filthy people who cover up and hide the truth from the parents and law enforcement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of Absence AKA: Argumentum ad Ignorantiam, a device used in debate to shift the burden of proof. And BTW, I didn't need to "look it up" but maybe you should.
See Bertram Russell's teapot:
Keep trying ELH, you will eventually have something to say worth reading.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Boogle Eyed wrote:
<quoted text>
If laughter creates heart attacks you may be right idiot,
I can crucify your dumb ass in any position of your choice friend given you're dead wrong in thinking it's not right that same sexed couples should not marry.
Bring it sister.
LOL!!!
And frustrated for WHAT????
I'm straight AND married already.
It's not my fault you are ignorant, and it isn't my job to educate you.

Try reading a book.
Idiot Joe

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Penn State University Joe Paterno's statue no longer points to the sky outside Beaver Stadium in a predawn removal that Penn State had to confront a "failure of leadership at many levels" in light of Jerry Sandusky's crimes.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Hattie wrote:
<quoted text>Homoqueers need to get repaired and become productive members of society, not child molesting pigs.
Repeating a lie over and over does not make it true. You may not agree with "homoqueers" as you call them but they are not all child molesters. And not all child molesters are homsexuals. How are they not a productive members of society?

“Thou Shalt Not Spill”

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my fault you are ignorant, and it isn't my job to educate you.
Try reading a book.
I read a few.

One dealt with the U.S. Constitution.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

For those who seem to think that the words of the founder's whom drafted the document, the States whom ratified it, and the like in regards to Amendment's don't matter.

The SCOTUS disagrees:

"The Constitution is a written instrument. As such, its meaning does not alter. That which it meant when adopted, it means now."- South Carolina v US

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 134,321 - 134,340 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
Redwood City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
•••
•••