Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
The Corbomite Maneuver

Tempe, AZ

#141355 May 15, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Looney tune.
"The reason you lose again is that the CSSC was required to give the Prop 8 proponents enough time to come up with signatures for an initiative and stay the same sex marriages until then."
WTF is that mess supposed to mean?
That is the law queer bait, so take your gay looney suicide tune to a gay butt fest.

There are four states, Main, Washington, Minnesota, and Maryland and in the cases where the legislature and governor voted to allow same sex marriage, they followed the law and the marriages were stayed.

Last week, by a margin of more than 20 percentage points, North Carolina voters made it the 30th state to enact a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#141356 May 15, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
There must be a nice resort that you can be spending this energy on enjoying a nice cocktail on the beach or at a pool watching the ladies.
What is the understanding you are refering to ? what are anwswer are you seeking ? what if I said ok there is no God, will you be satisfied with that? now what will you try to prove to the world, that SSM is good for our society ?
Well a resort would be nice lol! And the umm... Scenery would not be bad either :)

The understanding is that if someone states that they're Christian etc ( which I am by the way) instantly the negative stereotype come up ( as evidenced by your last statement)

What many Christians have done in my opinion is create a lot of angst and anger from many groups with out knowing that they're doing it. Of course you'll always have the trolls here who really aren't interested in real issues but just to stir the pot and create havoc by gay bashing and then stating they follow Christ ( which of course they don't)

I won't kid you, it is stated in the Bible that homosexuality is not a good thing, but what many supposed Christian gay bashers forget is that neither is divorce, drunkenness, fornication and lusting over someone else's partner. Yet many Christians are divorced, drink, fornicate and lust.

I suppose convenience makes forgetfulness ok in their eyes when they attack others yet have a boatload of dirt beneath their own carpets.

The understanding I try to reach is that no one is perfect, we all have skeletons in our closets or dirt under our rugs. I try to bring forth the understanding of well..... Understanding :)
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#141357 May 15, 2012
The Corbomite Maneuver wrote:
<quoted text>That is the law queer bait, so take your gay looney suicide tune to a gay butt fest.
HUh?

"The reason you lose again is that the CSSC was required to give the Prop 8 proponents enough time to come up with signatures for an initiative and stay the same sex marriages until then."

You are not making yourself clear. What initiative?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#141358 May 15, 2012
Felons are citizens of the United and they are legally discriminated against and not allowed to vote.
It varies from State to State

Arizona - Automatic voting restoration upon completion of sentence and payment of all fines for first-time, single felony offenders. Second time felony offenders may apply for restoration with their county after completion of their sentence.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#141359 May 15, 2012
Felons are citizens of the United and they are legally discriminated against and not allowed to vote.
And doing so serves a compelling state interest, making it constitutional.

You see, The US Supreme Court has held that constitutional rights can be infringed if doing so serves a compelling state interest, and the law is narrowly tailored to accomplish its goal affecting the fewest number of citizens possible.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141361 May 15, 2012
naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>Point me to valid link that says that. The moors did not expect Charlemagne. You are full of crap.
Do a google, it's a quote from Hitler. it's on many sites, I'm sure if it's not from PBS or MSNBC it must be made up...are u that much out of touch that we need to argue what hitler said?
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#141363 May 15, 2012
<quoted text>That is the law queer bait, so take your gay looney suicide tune to a gay butt fest.
There are four states, Main, Washington, Minnesota, and Maryland and in the cases where the legislature and governor voted to allow same sex marriage, they followed the law and the marriages were stayed.
Last week, by a margin of more than 20 percentage points, North Carolina voters made it the 30th state to enact a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.
Would you please light a match and give us all a courtesy flush before you post next time! There is a terrible,putrid lying stink rising from what be laughingly call your soul with every post you crap out!
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141364 May 15, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Well a resort would be nice lol! And the umm... Scenery would not be bad either :)
The understanding is that if someone states that they're Christian etc ( which I am by the way) instantly the negative stereotype come up ( as evidenced by your last statement)
What many Christians have done in my opinion is create a lot of angst and anger from many groups with out knowing that they're doing it. Of course you'll always have the trolls here who really aren't interested in real issues but just to stir the pot and create havoc by gay bashing and then stating they follow Christ ( which of course they don't)
I won't kid you, it is stated in the Bible that homosexuality is not a good thing, but what many supposed Christian gay bashers forget is that neither is divorce, drunkenness, fornication and lusting over someone else's partner. Yet many Christians are divorced, drink, fornicate and lust.
I suppose convenience makes forgetfulness ok in their eyes when they attack others yet have a boatload of dirt beneath their own carpets.
The understanding I try to reach is that no one is perfect, we all have skeletons in our closets or dirt under our rugs. I try to bring forth the understanding of well..... Understanding :)
You are correct, a sin is a sin. but if a person is a druggie, should we endorse it?
Mr Hand

Davis, CA

#141365 May 15, 2012
Hi everyone.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#141366 May 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct, a sin is a sin. but if a person is a druggie, should we endorse it?
so what do you tell your divorced friends that have remarried?
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141367 May 15, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>so what do you tell your divorced friends that have remarried?
I don't tell them anything. I am not the one judging, but I don't think we should embrace sins. What do you think?

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

#141368 May 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I don't tell them anything. I am not the one judging, but I don't think we should embrace sins. What do you think?
I am God and you are NOT the one judging. Vengence is mine I said. Read my goddamn book a-hole.
rwb

Van Wert, OH

#141369 May 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I don't tell them anything. I am not the one judging, but I don't think we should embrace sins. What do you think?
But by your way of thinking, we are embracing the sin of divorce & remarraige by legalizing it, aren't we?

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

#141370 May 15, 2012
rwb wrote:
<quoted text>
But by your way of thinking, we are embracing the sin of divorce & remarraige by legalizing it, aren't we?
Divorce is only a sin in the eyes of men, who knows what your god thinks. Pretending you do is a sin however.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#141371 May 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
Hey Lucy, do you stand in front of Red Lobster and yell at people " pinch the tail go to hell"?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#141372 May 15, 2012
Here is what I don't understand. If this is really a fight against government regulating the personal relationships of its citizenry, why then are you fighting for government endorsement?

Should the fight be about "getting the government out of your bedroom" (as you like to say) and not inviting them in?

There is no Constitutional right to marriage, heterosexual or otherwise, as such there is no enumerated power granted by it to the government to regulate it. The Federal Government has no regulatory control over marriage.

The state on the other hand, does not need the authority of the Constitution to regulate marriage, they are free to do so as long as the citizens of said state agree, and the federal government is unable to interfere. This includes the judiciary.

So, to those who claim to be conservatives and wish to deny same sex marriage, you are full of it. You aren't a conservative, not even close. You may be evangelical, but you aren't conservative. Being conservative is being in favor of limited government, and fighting for government control over the personal relationships of citizens is NOT limited government, and it is hardly conservative.

Now to those who claim to be liberal, you fail as well. You claim to want liberation from the government, the freedom to do as you choose without the consent of government. Begging for a marriage license so as to be acknowledged by the government you wish to free yourself from is hardly liberal. You have not only invited the government into your bedroom, you have opened the door and turned down the bed with a nice mint. You have invited the government to regulate your relationship, and you have hardly gained any "freedom".

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#141373 May 15, 2012
akpilot wrote:
Here is what I don't understand. If this is really a fight against government regulating the personal relationships of its citizenry, why then are you fighting for government endorsement?
Should the fight be about "getting the government out of your bedroom" (as you like to say) and not inviting them in?
There is no Constitutional right to marriage, heterosexual or otherwise, as such there is no enumerated power granted by it to the government to regulate it. The Federal Government has no regulatory control over marriage.
The state on the other hand, does not need the authority of the Constitution to regulate marriage, they are free to do so as long as the citizens of said state agree, and the federal government is unable to interfere. This includes the judiciary.
So, to those who claim to be conservatives and wish to deny same sex marriage, you are full of it. You aren't a conservative, not even close. You may be evangelical, but you aren't conservative. Being conservative is being in favor of limited government, and fighting for government control over the personal relationships of citizens is NOT limited government, and it is hardly conservative.
Now to those who claim to be liberal, you fail as well. You claim to want liberation from the government, the freedom to do as you choose without the consent of government. Begging for a marriage license so as to be acknowledged by the government you wish to free yourself from is hardly liberal. You have not only invited the government into your bedroom, you have opened the door and turned down the bed with a nice mint. You have invited the government to regulate your relationship, and you have hardly gained any "freedom".
Gay people are not fighting for government endorsement, just equal treatment. If that requires the government's intervention so be it. The question is why do others feel that Gay people are some how less deserving of equal treatment. Marriage is not a constitutional right, for any one. Equality is.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141374 May 15, 2012
naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>I am God and you are NOT the one judging. Vengence is mine I said. Read my goddamn book a-hole.
Hope it helps getting that out of your closet, no wonder you are gay. Get some help.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141375 May 15, 2012
rwb wrote:
<quoted text>
The conversation involving this is from a religious perspective. Go back a few and catch up. We are all sinners and fall short of the Glory of the Lord, but that doesn't mean we should not strive to quit the sin that is holding us back.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#141376 May 15, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Lucy, do you stand in front of Red Lobster and yell at people " pinch the tail go to hell"?
No I yell at your family to stop doing that when I see you digging through the trash and eating my leftovers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Belmont Cops Racist 18 hr justice4all 1
Disney Junior Live On Tour! in the Bay and use ... Tue multisportmom 1
Black Seadevil caught on camera at depths of 1,... Nov 24 DILF 2
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Nov 24 harry singh 374
Ben smith Nov 22 old friend 1
An idea for keeping the adult school where it is Nov 21 aman jain 1
hiiiiii all of u Nov 21 pappu bhai 2

Redwood City News Video

Redwood City Dating
Find my Match