Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
121,181 - 121,200 of 200,551 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
And here's an extra credit question, Lides: Why do gay males only adopt little boys and never little girls?
Here's an answer for you, they don't. Except for, of course in your mind where apparently everything homosexual is hyper-sexualized.

You know, some therapists might be concerned with your level of projection.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

lides wrote:
Of course, you have yet to prove that two opposite sex parents is superior to having two loving same sex parents. You keep advancing this argument, but constitently fail to support it.
Try this thought experiment, would you have been as well off if, instead of a mother and father, you had two mothers or two fathers?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Try this thought experiment, would you have been as well off if, instead of a mother and father, you had two mothers or two fathers?
Try this non-hypothetical, produce real scientific evidence that I wouldn't be.

Conjecture proves nothing whatsoever.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Try this thought experiment, would you have been as well off if, instead of a mother and father, you had two mothers or two fathers?
Stats on gay male marriages are non-existent, the primary reason being they're so horrific the LGBT censors them.

But the truth is seeping out: Gay male marriages are a joke. And that's not just my opinion, that's the opinion of many gays who tried it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-563...

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Stats on gay male marriages are non-existent, the primary reason being they're so horrific the LGBT censors them.
But the truth is seeping out: Gay male marriages are a joke. And that's not just my opinion, that's the opinion of many gays who tried it:
Now we can't go by what goes on personally in another country.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
Feel free to prove your first comment.

Citing a British Tabloid article about a “pop-star” hardly counts as scientific evidence. Surely no “pop-star” in a traditional marriage has ever divorced… Oh wait…

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
Some of you fellows have become near-apoplectic at my assertion gay male parents only produce homosexual kids.
Since this is pure nonsence, why would anyone care???
We shouldn't be surprised.
In their make-believe world of of saint-like gays and screwball gay bathhouse science, everything gay males touch turns to gold.
They would have us believe an erstwhile heterosexual boy raised in the household of say, Perez Hilton an Rue Paul will grow-up an utterly heterosexual boy with not a hint of queeness -- Why? Because as Lides say -- "You can't prove it ain't so!"
Say, Lides, let's play with this a little...
Would you allow a transvestite couple (male to female) adopt one of your nephews were he an orphan?
And here's an extra credit question, Lides: Why do gay males only adopt little boys and never little girls?
How do you know they do??? My good friends from church adopted two little sisters and one brother from the same family. They are great kids and loved completely. I had one little girl in my choir, and she was just a sweetheart. These are real people, not figments of your imagination.
You are a useless moron.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, then walk me through this because I'm really having trouble getting my head around your logic, fella.
A little boy enters a male homosexual household at say age five. For the next ten years he's not only taught homosexuality is normal, safe, and as wholesome as apple pie, he grows to love his new parents and witnessing the love, hugging, hand-holding, perhaps even sex the two parents frequently engage in grows to believe physical love between two men is wonderful and magical.
Add to this that because homosexuals only socialize with other homosexuals, the child is completely immersed in their world of gay pride parades, Lady Gaga music, holidays at Fire Island, etc.
Your contention is this boy will be no more inclined to convert to homosexuality than a boy in a mainstream family setting, correct?
And you base your hypothesis on exactly what, sir?
And, lides, don't bother injecting your useless hysteria. It doesn't advance the ball and you've said the same thing at least 50 times already.
Unless the little boy was born with a homosexual orientation, none of the suppositions you proposed (most of which were BS) would do any thing to his orientation.

LOSER!!!

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Try this thought experiment, would you have been as well off if, instead of a mother and father, you had two mothers or two fathers?
Absolutely!!!

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, longer than a Kardashian marriage!!!

BS, BUNK, and BALDERDASH!!!
uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>Since this is pure nonsence, why would anyone care???<quoted text>
How do you know they do??? My good friends from church adopted two little sisters and one brother from the same family. They are great kids and loved completely. I had one little girl in my choir, and she was just a sweetheart. These are real people, not figments of your imagination.
You are a useless moron.
Well Said! Reading this guy's comments he is a moron.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
Federal statistics on sex crimes categorized by orientation, are also non-existent. PC censorship creates ignorance.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless the little boy was born with a homosexual orientation, none of the suppositions you proposed (most of which were BS) would do any thing to his orientation.
LOSER!!!
I see ... and your science to support the above is located where?

In other words, Gay Mom, you don't have any -- not a whit.

You peddle you gay bar prattle like its hard science, but the only thing hard here is your head.

Stop promoting junk science. You don't know what effect gay male parents have on a child's sexual orientation, so stop pretending you do

Or ...

Back up your claims with sources.

I won't hold my breath.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I see ... and your science to support the above is located where?
In other words, Gay Mom, you don't have any -- not a whit.
You peddle you gay bar prattle like its hard science, but the only thing hard here is your head.
Stop promoting junk science. You don't know what effect gay male parents have on a child's sexual orientation, so stop pretending you do
Or ...
Back up your claims with sources.
I won't hold my breath.
Funny how you make wild accusations without ANY evidence to back up your BS, but you want US to provide you with evidence........you really are pathetic.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Gay Mom wrote:
Absolutely!!!
I'd bet you didn't have a happy childhood, am I right?
Winston Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical -- "Heteros do it too, so it must be alright."
There you have it folks, idiocy taken to new heights. It isn't a matter of heteros do it to, so it must be alright. It is simply an indication that all the crap you focus on isn't unique to gays, so you shouldn't think (if you've got the capability to think) that all are cut from the same cloth.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Why is NAACP issuing strong condemnation of anti-LGBT marriage amendment?
http://rightwingnews.com/uncategorized/why-is...

Written By: Chris Kobus

It’s almost getting tiring to continue to say this, but the liberal movement has many appendages (tentacles if you will) that purport to speak for groups that they do not actually speak for. The NAACP is one cog in the liberal machine. They purport to speak for black people, but are racist against black people that don’t toe the liberal line. Black conservatives are called Uncle Toms and porch monkeys by the NAACP and their surrogates. They viciously attacked black justice Clarence Thomas when he was nominated for the supreme court. They do not represent black people, or even black liberal people, but rather the liberal movement and they simply use race to do it just like the National Organization of Women (NOW) uses gender. They wield those issues like weapons to progress the regressive liberal agenda. Case in point: NAACP issues strong condemnation of anti-LGBT marriage amendment

“Founded in 1909, the NAACP currently has more than 2,200 membership units across the United States with branches in every state in the nation. Our mission for 102 years has been to achieve equality of rights and eliminate prejudice among the people of the United States. The NAACP has always opposed any custom, tradition, practice, law or constitutional amendment that denies any right to any person.The NAACP does not and has not taken a position endorsing or opposing same sex marriage. However, the NAACP has a long history of opposing any proposal that would alter the federal or state Constitutions for the purpose of excluding any group or individuals from guarantees of equal protection under the law. Our opposition is based on our mission statement, which calls for the “equality of rights of all persons.”

I wonder if they will come out for polygamist marriage. I mean, if it’s all about “equality of rights of ALL persons.” Funny for an organization that is pro-abortion – denying the rights of babies to not be deprived of life without due process (5th, 14th amendment). Funny that abortions disproportionately impact the black community, and many organizations like Planned Parenthood that the NAACP supports were founded for the express purpose of eradicating minorities through abortion. Funny for an organization that supports affirmative action that discriminates against whites and Asians. Funny for an organization that purports to be for colored people when every poll shows blacks vehemently opposed to recognition of same sex marriage: 70% of African Americans backed Prop. 8, exit poll finds

A lot of Obama/Yes-on-8 voters? The Associated Press exit polls show that African Americans and Latinos backed Proposition 8 in good numbers. Details here from AP:

California’s black and Latino voters, who turned out in droves for Barack Obama, also provided key support in favor of the state’s same-sex marriage ban. Seven in 10 black voters backed a successful ballot measure to overturn the California Supreme Court’s May decision allowing same-sex marriage, according to exit polls for The Associated Press.

More than half of Latino voters supported Proposition 8, while whites were split. Religious groups led the tightly organized campaign for the measure, and religious voters were decisive in getting it passed. Of the seven in 10 voters who described themselves as Christian, two-thirds backed the initiative....

The NAACP doesn’t care about black people. They only care about advancing liberalism.
Reality

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what I mean. I mean OBSESSED with gays. You are obsessed with gays. Why? What could it mean? How does gay couples getting married in California affect YOU? Your own State allows gay couples to marry. Why all the fuss?
why are you obsessed with straights and their marriages?

Oh right, you don't have the ability to be self-aware.

insult away!
Winston Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, pal, you're the one telling us boys placed in homosexual homes won't become gay -- not me.
All I'm saying is to date we don't know of one boy placed in a home with two male parents who turned out anything but homosexual.
Not one.
In other words it's people like you, lides, putting young boys in these wall-to-wall homosexual environments and all I'm asking is where's your science, dude? Why are you doing this to these kids without a scintilla of science to support your hypothesis?
And telling me to prove you're wrong isn't Science, dodo.
Science is presenting your own science which neither you nor any of your gay drinking buddies have yet done.
So, if gay male parents don't turn boys into homosexuals why can't you produce a single young adult heterosexual male who was raised by gay male parents?
Why can't you do that, lides?
You do know how to use google don't you? It should be quite easy for you to prove your point. That is if it is true. Which, BTW, it is not. Limited studies have been done. The available population is small. However, the vast majority of boys raised by gay men have turned out to be heterosexual.
Winston Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
Why are you such a lying sack of shit?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26075383/ns/healt...

Or were you simply posing your opinion as a question?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE