Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#135680 Apr 10, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing is this, Gay or Lesbian parents have the EXACT same chance of raising children to be Gay or Lesbian as HETEROSEXUAL Parents do!!!
Take a look at this:
http://www.bidstrup.com/marriage.htm
Here are some references that were used as well:
http://www.bidstrup.com/parenbib.htm
Here is an article written in 2007:
http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/07161/793042-5...
This article was done in 2010:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/...
The links above must be the worst cites ever posted in this forum, you moron.

None are scientific papers and none mention anything about the sexual orientation of the child.

What a complete idiot you are.
Rules Of Evidence

Livermore, CA

#135682 Apr 10, 2012
Dugas wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm dazzled with his clear thinking
and polite presentation of the facts.
http://www.rossolson.org/homosexuality/narth_...
You use NARTH as a credible source? The NARTH that's listed by the southern poverty law center as a hate sight? The NARTH that is dedicated to post bogus non-peer reviewed information on gays? The facts are that the APA highly recommends against even attempting reparative therapy as it first of all does not work and in the very few instances where they claim it has worked it is simply a case of the patient being in denial and trying to please their bogus therapists into thinking they have change! But in reality they have not and can and many times does cause great psychological harm to the patient! Lets see what the vast majority of psychiatrists and psychologists(who recommend against it) have to say on the subject of reparative therapy! But the bottom line is they say you are full of crap! Even Spitzer admits that it only works in only 0.5% of the attempts to change a gay person!
Does reparative therapy work? NO!
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2000-0...
And
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/05/gay.to.s...
Also,from the horses mouth the APA
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/sexual-o...
Rules Of Evidence

Livermore, CA

#135686 Apr 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar.
No he most certainly is not,but on the other hand you are and have always been a consummate LIAR who never backs up his bull shit with even a semblance of reality,or peer reviewed documentation! Your links when you even put one up are from notoriously anti-gay hate sights! For you to even state that all male children raised by gay men in a family setting turn out gay is just plain stupid to even state! Unless you have a son and he turned out to be gay? Did you molest your son,mistakenly thinking he was a young tranny in a crack induced haze Con boy? I mean look at your profile pic you sicko! When do you get off parole anyway skell,and what were you in for? LOL

Baltimore, MD

#135689 Apr 10, 2012
Here's a formerly married gay makes the point there's something pathological about the need for same-sex marriage -- that the gays obsessed with it need therapy, not a license to adopt kids:

"The relationships I'm aware of, apart from one ... it's as though there's some kind of emotional inadequacy or narcissism, where they feel emotionally inadequate and need more validation, from either a father figure or a mirror image of themselves. "I'm not condemning it, I think it needs researching and help."

In other words, same sex marriage is people we used to call mentally disordered obsessed with something that's a by-product of of their pathology.

Any wonder why most gay marriages crash and burn within the first year?

Baltimore, MD

#135690 Apr 10, 2012
Rules Of Evidence wrote:
<quoted text>
No he most certainly is not,but on the other hand you are and have always been a consummate LIAR who never backs up his bull shit with even a semblance of reality,or peer reviewed documentation! Your links when you even put one up are from notoriously anti-gay hate sights! For you to even state that all male children raised by gay men in a family setting turn out gay is just plain stupid to even state! Unless you have a son and he turned out to be gay? Did you molest your son,mistakenly thinking he was a young tranny in a crack induced haze Con boy? I mean look at your profile pic you sicko! When do you get off parole anyway skell,and what were you in for? LOL
You're such an inferior poster.

You do the kind of material that was out of vogue ten years ago.

Besides that, none of it is even original. You're doing prehistoric bits you didn't even create.

That's called working hard at being a schmuck.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#135691 Apr 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
I see ... and your science to support the above is located where?
Prof, I'm surprised at you. It was you who made the argument that homosexual parents turned children gay, having admitted that:
Prof Marvel wrote:
I make no claim to having facts to support this contention save that at this late date I've not heard of one instance of a male child in a gay male household ending up any way but gay.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TH6FC2NTH...
You canít make absurd claims, and then ask others to refute them. Big boys support their arguments with facts.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Gee, lides, you're like that little Dutch boy at the dyke -- you're plugging every hole that leaks.
And every rebuttal you file you're 150% sure of.
It's not difficult to be sure of one's position when the opposition is incapable of supporting their argument.
See the above link.
Oh, Iím not going to reply to the post, which would only lend legitimacy, but I love that when you finally try to support your claims about the APA the only website you could come up with to support it was a hate blogÖ Thatís priceless, and it reaffirms the lack of legitimate foundation for your position.
Brian_G wrote:
Well alright then, which would you trade? Your father for two mothers or your mother for two fathers? Explain why you would have benefited without a mother or father.
BTW, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not likely your gay children can give you grandchildren. So sorry.
Brian, either put up some scientific proof or move on. Even the APA does not support your position.
http://www.apa.org/about/governance/council/p...
ďSecond, beliefs that lesbian and gay adults are not fit parents have no empirical foundation (Patterson, 2000, 2004a; Perrin, 2002).Ē

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#135692 Apr 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Here's a formerly married gay makes the point there's something pathological about the need for same-sex marriage -- that the gays obsessed with it need therapy, not a license to adopt kids:
"The relationships I'm aware of, apart from one ... it's as though there's some kind of emotional inadequacy or narcissism, where they feel emotionally inadequate and need more validation, from either a father figure or a mirror image of themselves. "I'm not condemning it, I think it needs researching and help."
In other words, same sex marriage is people we used to call mentally disordered obsessed with something that's a by-product of of their pathology.
Feel free to back that claim, or this one person's opinion, with a little cold hard fact.

Have you ever noticed that you are frequently long on rhetoric, but lacking in substantiation?

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#135693 Apr 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for showing us how pathetic you truly are, Gay Mom.
Your first link tells us zero: it discusses a study of ferrets followed up with a study using smells. Nether study provides direct correlatives to any of your BS claims -- ie, abundance of research indicating homosexuality is inborn.
The second link is a much better source, but the problem is, it flat disagrees with your claim. Consider this excerpt from it:
<quoted text>
Did you get all that, Gay mom?
They're saying there's no single "gay gene" and that means all the BS you've laying on everybody about a gay gene, is just that -- crap.
You are really pathetic. You pull one piece out of two articles siting many different studies and pretend you've found something to support your side.

Here's my challenge:

Post the Conclusions from both articles...I DARE YOU

Post the names and positions of the researchers...I DARE YOU

You will now give us some cock-a-mamy HS on why you don't need to do this because yada yada yada.

Weasel!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#135694 Apr 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
The links above must be the worst cites ever posted in this forum, you moron.
None are scientific papers and none mention anything about the sexual orientation of the child.
What a complete idiot you are.
Better than ANYTHING you posted on the subject which was NADA, ZERO AND ZILCH!!!

Baltimore, MD

#135695 Apr 10, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>You are really pathetic. You pull one piece out of two articles siting many different studies and pretend you've found something to support your side.
Here's my challenge:
Post the Conclusions from both articles...I DARE YOU
Post the names and positions of the researchers...I DARE YOU
You will now give us some cock-a-mamy HS on why you don't need to do this because yada yada yada.
Weasel!!!
Don't take this personal, Gay Mom, but you really are a train wreck.

Firstly, your ferret study was stupid. In fact, it was so stupid I'm not even going to dignify it with a response.

Your second cite astonishingly disproves precisely what you've been saying about homosexuals all along -- namely, they're born not made.

Here's the operative passage that's diametrically opposed to everything you've been writing here:
This study puts cold water on any concerns that we are looking for a single 'gay gene' or a single environmental variable which could be used to 'select out' homosexuality - the factors which influence sexual orientation are complex. And we are not simply talking about homosexuality here - heterosexual behaviour is also influenced by a mixture of genetic and environmental factors
In other words, Missy, you're hocus pocus, Voodoo gay bathhouse understanding of what causes homosexuality is not shared by the very people you cite!

The researcher calls homosexuality a "complex" phenomena not caused by a singe "gay gene". This means your "gay gene ... bisexual gene ... transgender gene" claptrap has no scientific foundation -- that it's a pile of BUNK!

It also means you don't know how to read for content -- honestly, what's more ludicrous than a poster who uses cites that rebuts her own claim?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....
Ratso Rizzo

Union City, CA

#135696 Apr 10, 2012
Rules Of Evidence wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported. Extreme slander.

Go to bed Bill. And calm down. He didn't molest his son in a crack induced haze and he's not a "con" or a "boy". Get some sleep then try to construct a civil post that makes sense and won't be banned. You big dope.

P.S. What's a "hate sight"?
rocky

Toledo, OH

#135697 Apr 10, 2012
I can't believe all the hypocrisy from the lefties on this forum.They are upset that the Supreme Court could have the power to overturn Obama care,but celebrate the fact that a judge overturns the will of the people when it comes to gay marriage.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#135698 Apr 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Where's your source link, Mr. Writer of e-books?

My wife and I have been legally married almost 4 years.......some have been married much longer.....and again, NO SOURCE OR EVIDENCE to back up your BS.....what a surprise? NOT!!!
Little Blue Alien

Easthampton, MA

#135699 Apr 10, 2012
The dollar...is...the Devil.

Baltimore, MD

#135700 Apr 10, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to back that claim, or this one person's opinion, with a little cold hard fact.
Have you ever noticed that you are frequently long on rhetoric, but lacking in substantiation?
Look, lides, I've told you this before -- get some new material. You're posting the same craptrap over and over.

I work very hard at posting new content each day -- meanwhile, all you do is nag like an old woman.

Well, that's not going to work anymore. I respect my fans even if you don't.

Start posting fresh quality content or you'll be masturbating on your own.

This is your last warning.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#135701 Apr 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly, your ferret study was stupid. In fact, it was so stupid I'm not even going to dignify it with a response.
Your second cite astonishingly disproves precisely what you've been saying about homosexuals all along -- namely, they're born not made.
Here's the operative passage that's diametrically opposed to everything you've been writing here:
<quoted text>
In other words, Missy, you're hocus pocus, Voodoo gay bathhouse understanding of what causes homosexuality is not shared by the very people you cite!
The researcher calls homosexuality a "complex" phenomena not caused by a singe "gay gene". This means your "gay gene ... bisexual gene ... transgender gene" claptrap has no scientific foundation -- that it's a pile of BUNK!
It also means you don't know how to read for content -- honestly, what's more ludicrous than a poster who uses cites that rebuts her own claim?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....
That's what YOU been told OVER AND OVER again......THERE ISN'T A "GAY" GENE, BUT MANY FACTORS THAT GO INTO ONE'S SEXUAL ORIENTATION regardless of the person being Gay or Straight....what a flipping IDIOT you are!!!!

Again, we give you links to articles that you toss aside as being meaningless.....but then then copy and paste something that makes NO SENSE and don't provide ANYTHING links to back up your claims!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#135702 Apr 10, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what YOU been told OVER AND OVER again......THERE ISN'T A "GAY" GENE, BUT MANY FACTORS THAT GO INTO ONE'S SEXUAL ORIENTATION regardless of the person being Gay or Straight....what a flipping IDIOT you are!!!!
Again, we give you links to articles that you toss aside as being meaningless.....but then then copy and paste something that makes NO SENSE and don't provide ANYTHING links to back up your claims!!!
Should read YOU'VE...instead of YOU......sorry about that typo......lol!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#135703 Apr 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Look, lides, I've told you this before -- get some new material. You're posting the same craptrap over and over.
Of course, unless you introduce a new and rational argument, why would I dig to find new material, when my old arguments still easily refute your opinions?
Prof Marvel wrote:
I work very hard at posting new content each day -- meanwhile, all you do is nag like an old woman.
Well, you have to work much harder when you are making irrelevant rationalizations to support an unconstitutional position.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Well, that's not going to work anymore. I respect my fans even if you don't.
Neither will posting BS that you are utterly incapable of substantiating with fact. Pony up the facts Prof.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Start posting fresh quality content or you'll be masturbating on your own.
This is your last warning.
You say this as though you have some sort of authority. Truly, you do suffer from delusions of grandeur.

Feel free to pony up some factual substantiation for your rationalizations. I donít think you are capable of doing so.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#135704 Apr 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
This is hysterical coming form you. Sort of the pot calling the kettle black.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#135706 Apr 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
How long are you guys going to use that closet queen line of attack?
Has there ever been anyone not for same-sex marriage that wasn't a closet queen?
Gays have been raising kids since 1980 yet we have no data on gay male parents and mountains of data on lesbian parents.
But we actually are getting data on gay marriage from gay males who tried it and all of them are saying the same thing -- it was the biggest mistake of their lives.
I already provided you with the link of the gay guy who called it "a joke." He says its all wrong because men are by nature predators and when you put two men together they're out there cheating on each other before the ink is dry on their license.
The idea is just a stupid one to begin with. No where in history do we see a culture dumb enough to try it and wherever there was anything remotely similar it failed.
Kids should not be used as guinea pigs for you screwball social engineering experiments. Not a scintilla of evidence existed 30 years ago showing gay parents are a good idea, and not a scintilla of evidence exists today. Lesbians do well as parents -- gay males don't and all the fudging of numbers and outright lying won't change that.
You can't have it both ways, so which is it?

Your words.
Gays have been raising kids since 1980 yet we have no data on gay male parents and mountains of data on lesbian parents.

But we actually are getting data on gay marriage from gay males who tried it and all of them are saying the same thing -- it was the biggest mistake of their lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Animal rescue group finds forever homes 20 hr GOOD CAT DEAD CAT 1
Belmont Cops Racist Wed justice4all 1
Disney Junior Live On Tour! in the Bay and use ... Nov 25 multisportmom 1
Black Seadevil caught on camera at depths of 1,... Nov 24 DILF 2
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Nov 24 harry singh 374
Ben smith Nov 22 old friend 1
Intimate Photos From the Golden Age of Silicon ... Nov 5 Iknow 2

Redwood City News Video

Redwood City Dating
Find my Match

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Redwood City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Redwood City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:32 pm PST

Bleacher Report10:32PM
Offseason Exit Looming for Harbaugh, Roman?
Bleacher Report10:52 PM
Kap Continues to Sink 49ers Offense with Brutal Game
Bleacher Report12:29 AM
49ers Finding Silver Lining with Stellar Play of Chris Borland and Aaron Lynch
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Full Cardinals Preview for Falcons Game
NFL 5:06 AM
Sherman calls Niners fans mediocre for being 'vulgar'