Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#135614 Apr 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Stats on gay male marriages are non-existent, the primary reason being they're so horrific the LGBT censors them.
But the truth is seeping out: Gay male marriages are a joke. And that's not just my opinion, that's the opinion of many gays who tried it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-563...
Now we can't go by what goes on personally in another country.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#135618 Apr 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Stats on gay male marriages are non-existent, the primary reason being they're so horrific the LGBT censors them.
But the truth is seeping out: Gay male marriages are a joke. And that's not just my opinion, that's the opinion of many gays who tried it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-563...
Feel free to prove your first comment.

Citing a British Tabloid article about a “pop-star” hardly counts as scientific evidence. Surely no “pop-star” in a traditional marriage has ever divorced… Oh wait…

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#135619 Apr 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Some of you fellows have become near-apoplectic at my assertion gay male parents only produce homosexual kids.
Since this is pure nonsence, why would anyone care???
We shouldn't be surprised.
In their make-believe world of of saint-like gays and screwball gay bathhouse science, everything gay males touch turns to gold.
They would have us believe an erstwhile heterosexual boy raised in the household of say, Perez Hilton an Rue Paul will grow-up an utterly heterosexual boy with not a hint of queeness -- Why? Because as Lides say -- "You can't prove it ain't so!"
Say, Lides, let's play with this a little...
Would you allow a transvestite couple (male to female) adopt one of your nephews were he an orphan?
And here's an extra credit question, Lides: Why do gay males only adopt little boys and never little girls?
How do you know they do??? My good friends from church adopted two little sisters and one brother from the same family. They are great kids and loved completely. I had one little girl in my choir, and she was just a sweetheart. These are real people, not figments of your imagination.
You are a useless moron.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#135620 Apr 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, then walk me through this because I'm really having trouble getting my head around your logic, fella.
A little boy enters a male homosexual household at say age five. For the next ten years he's not only taught homosexuality is normal, safe, and as wholesome as apple pie, he grows to love his new parents and witnessing the love, hugging, hand-holding, perhaps even sex the two parents frequently engage in grows to believe physical love between two men is wonderful and magical.
Add to this that because homosexuals only socialize with other homosexuals, the child is completely immersed in their world of gay pride parades, Lady Gaga music, holidays at Fire Island, etc.
Your contention is this boy will be no more inclined to convert to homosexuality than a boy in a mainstream family setting, correct?
And you base your hypothesis on exactly what, sir?
And, lides, don't bother injecting your useless hysteria. It doesn't advance the ball and you've said the same thing at least 50 times already.
Unless the little boy was born with a homosexual orientation, none of the suppositions you proposed (most of which were BS) would do any thing to his orientation.

LOSER!!!

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#135621 Apr 9, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Try this thought experiment, would you have been as well off if, instead of a mother and father, you had two mothers or two fathers?
Absolutely!!!

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#135622 Apr 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Stats on gay male marriages are non-existent, the primary reason being they're so horrific the LGBT censors them.
But the truth is seeping out: Gay male marriages are a joke. And that's not just my opinion, that's the opinion of many gays who tried it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-563...
Gee, longer than a Kardashian marriage!!!

BS, BUNK, and BALDERDASH!!!
uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#135623 Apr 9, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>Since this is pure nonsence, why would anyone care???<quoted text>
How do you know they do??? My good friends from church adopted two little sisters and one brother from the same family. They are great kids and loved completely. I had one little girl in my choir, and she was just a sweetheart. These are real people, not figments of your imagination.
You are a useless moron.
Well Said! Reading this guy's comments he is a moron.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#135624 Apr 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Stats on gay male marriages are non-existent, the primary reason being they're so horrific the LGBT censors them.
But the truth is seeping out: Gay male marriages are a joke. And that's not just my opinion, that's the opinion of many gays who tried it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-563...
Federal statistics on sex crimes categorized by orientation, are also non-existent. PC censorship creates ignorance.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#135625 Apr 9, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless the little boy was born with a homosexual orientation, none of the suppositions you proposed (most of which were BS) would do any thing to his orientation.
LOSER!!!
I see ... and your science to support the above is located where?

In other words, Gay Mom, you don't have any -- not a whit.

You peddle you gay bar prattle like its hard science, but the only thing hard here is your head.

Stop promoting junk science. You don't know what effect gay male parents have on a child's sexual orientation, so stop pretending you do

Or ...

Back up your claims with sources.

I won't hold my breath.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#135629 Apr 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I see ... and your science to support the above is located where?
In other words, Gay Mom, you don't have any -- not a whit.
You peddle you gay bar prattle like its hard science, but the only thing hard here is your head.
Stop promoting junk science. You don't know what effect gay male parents have on a child's sexual orientation, so stop pretending you do
Or ...
Back up your claims with sources.
I won't hold my breath.
Funny how you make wild accusations without ANY evidence to back up your BS, but you want US to provide you with evidence........you really are pathetic.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#135630 Apr 9, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
Absolutely!!!
I'd bet you didn't have a happy childhood, am I right?
Winston Smith

United States

#135631 Apr 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical -- "Heteros do it too, so it must be alright."
There you have it folks, idiocy taken to new heights. It isn't a matter of heteros do it to, so it must be alright. It is simply an indication that all the crap you focus on isn't unique to gays, so you shouldn't think (if you've got the capability to think) that all are cut from the same cloth.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#135632 Apr 9, 2012
Why is NAACP issuing strong condemnation of anti-LGBT marriage amendment?
http://rightwingnews.com/uncategorized/why-is...

Written By: Chris Kobus

It’s almost getting tiring to continue to say this, but the liberal movement has many appendages (tentacles if you will) that purport to speak for groups that they do not actually speak for. The NAACP is one cog in the liberal machine. They purport to speak for black people, but are racist against black people that don’t toe the liberal line. Black conservatives are called Uncle Toms and porch monkeys by the NAACP and their surrogates. They viciously attacked black justice Clarence Thomas when he was nominated for the supreme court. They do not represent black people, or even black liberal people, but rather the liberal movement and they simply use race to do it just like the National Organization of Women (NOW) uses gender. They wield those issues like weapons to progress the regressive liberal agenda. Case in point: NAACP issues strong condemnation of anti-LGBT marriage amendment

“Founded in 1909, the NAACP currently has more than 2,200 membership units across the United States with branches in every state in the nation. Our mission for 102 years has been to achieve equality of rights and eliminate prejudice among the people of the United States. The NAACP has always opposed any custom, tradition, practice, law or constitutional amendment that denies any right to any person.The NAACP does not and has not taken a position endorsing or opposing same sex marriage. However, the NAACP has a long history of opposing any proposal that would alter the federal or state Constitutions for the purpose of excluding any group or individuals from guarantees of equal protection under the law. Our opposition is based on our mission statement, which calls for the “equality of rights of all persons.”

I wonder if they will come out for polygamist marriage. I mean, if it’s all about “equality of rights of ALL persons.” Funny for an organization that is pro-abortion – denying the rights of babies to not be deprived of life without due process (5th, 14th amendment). Funny that abortions disproportionately impact the black community, and many organizations like Planned Parenthood that the NAACP supports were founded for the express purpose of eradicating minorities through abortion. Funny for an organization that supports affirmative action that discriminates against whites and Asians. Funny for an organization that purports to be for colored people when every poll shows blacks vehemently opposed to recognition of same sex marriage: 70% of African Americans backed Prop. 8, exit poll finds

A lot of Obama/Yes-on-8 voters? The Associated Press exit polls show that African Americans and Latinos backed Proposition 8 in good numbers. Details here from AP:

California’s black and Latino voters, who turned out in droves for Barack Obama, also provided key support in favor of the state’s same-sex marriage ban. Seven in 10 black voters backed a successful ballot measure to overturn the California Supreme Court’s May decision allowing same-sex marriage, according to exit polls for The Associated Press.

More than half of Latino voters supported Proposition 8, while whites were split. Religious groups led the tightly organized campaign for the measure, and religious voters were decisive in getting it passed. Of the seven in 10 voters who described themselves as Christian, two-thirds backed the initiative....

The NAACP doesn’t care about black people. They only care about advancing liberalism.
Reality

Bellows Falls, VT

#135633 Apr 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what I mean. I mean OBSESSED with gays. You are obsessed with gays. Why? What could it mean? How does gay couples getting married in California affect YOU? Your own State allows gay couples to marry. Why all the fuss?
why are you obsessed with straights and their marriages?

Oh right, you don't have the ability to be self-aware.

insult away!
Winston Smith

United States

#135634 Apr 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, pal, you're the one telling us boys placed in homosexual homes won't become gay -- not me.
All I'm saying is to date we don't know of one boy placed in a home with two male parents who turned out anything but homosexual.
Not one.
In other words it's people like you, lides, putting young boys in these wall-to-wall homosexual environments and all I'm asking is where's your science, dude? Why are you doing this to these kids without a scintilla of science to support your hypothesis?
And telling me to prove you're wrong isn't Science, dodo.
Science is presenting your own science which neither you nor any of your gay drinking buddies have yet done.
So, if gay male parents don't turn boys into homosexuals why can't you produce a single young adult heterosexual male who was raised by gay male parents?
Why can't you do that, lides?
You do know how to use google don't you? It should be quite easy for you to prove your point. That is if it is true. Which, BTW, it is not. Limited studies have been done. The available population is small. However, the vast majority of boys raised by gay men have turned out to be heterosexual.
Winston Smith

United States

#135635 Apr 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
And here's an extra credit question, Lides: Why do gay males only adopt little boys and never little girls?
Why are you such a lying sack of shit?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26075383/ns/healt...

Or were you simply posing your opinion as a question?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#135636 Apr 9, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Why is NAACP issuing strong condemnation of anti-LGBT marriage amendment?
http://rightwingnews.com/uncategorized/why-is...
Written By: Chris Kobus
It’s almost getting tiring to continue to say this, but the liberal movement has many appendages (tentacles if you will) that purport to speak for groups that they do not actually speak for. The NAACP is one cog in the liberal machine. They purport to speak for black people, but are racist against black people that don’t toe the liberal line. Black conservatives are called Uncle Toms and porch monkeys by the NAACP and their surrogates. They viciously attacked black justice Clarence Thomas when he was nominated for the supreme court. They do not represent black people, or even black liberal people, but rather the liberal movement and they simply use race to do it just like the National Organization of Women (NOW) uses gender. They wield those issues like weapons to progress the regressive liberal agenda. Case in point: NAACP issues strong condemnation of anti-LGBT marriage amendment
“Founded in 1909, the NAACP currently has more than 2,200 membership units across the United States with branches in every state in the nation. Our mission for 102 years has been to achieve equality of rights and eliminate prejudice among the people of the United States. The NAACP has always opposed any custom, tradition, practice, law or constitutional amendment that denies any right to any person.The NAACP does not and has not taken a position endorsing or opposing same sex marriage. However, the NAACP has a long history of opposing any proposal that would alter the federal or state Constitutions for the purpose of excluding any group or individuals from guarantees of equal protection under the law. Our opposition is based on our mission statement, which calls for the “equality of rights of all persons.”
I wonder if they will come out for polygamist marriage. I mean, if it’s all about “equality of rights of ALL persons.” Funny for an organization that is pro-abortion – denying the rights of babies to not be deprived of life without due process (5th, 14th amendment). Funny that abortions disproportionately impact the black community, and many organizations like Planned Parenthood that the NAACP supports were founded for the express purpose of eradicating minorities through abortion. Funny for an organization that supports affirmative action that discriminates against whites and Asians. Funny for an organization that purports to be for colored people when every poll shows blacks vehemently opposed to recognition of same sex marriage: 70% of African Americans backed Prop. 8, exit poll finds
A lot of Obama/Yes-on-8 voters? The Associated Press exit polls show that African Americans and Latinos backed Proposition 8 in good numbers. Details here from AP:
California’s black and Latino voters, who turned out in droves for Barack Obama, also provided key support in favor of the state’s same-sex marriage ban. Seven in 10 black voters backed a successful ballot measure to overturn the California Supreme Court’s May decision allowing same-sex marriage, according to exit polls for The Associated Press.
More than half of Latino voters supported Proposition 8, while whites were split. Religious groups led the tightly organized campaign for the measure, and religious voters were decisive in getting it passed. Of the seven in 10 voters who described themselves as Christian, two-thirds backed the initiative....
The NAACP doesn’t care about black people. They only care about advancing liberalism.
The NAACP stands for civil rights, freedom and equality. These are things you hate.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#135637 Apr 9, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'd bet you didn't have a happy childhood, am I right?
I actually had a wonderful childhood, have a very close knit family, and talk to my parents and brothers and sisters every week, sometimes everyday. I'm also very close with my cousins. I'm blessed. Oddly enough, two of the five kids in my family are homosexual. It makes no difference.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#135642 Apr 9, 2012
FINAL SCORE: Hetersexuals 1, Homosexuals 0

Why having sex really IS the best thing to do: Gene mapping finally proves mating is better for evolution than self-reproduction
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

Having sex allows us to evolve more effectively than species which reproduce without a partner, according to tests that claim to finally prove the long-held theory.

Combining the genes of two parents – rather than one in the case of fruit flies, stick insects and other animals – allows for damaging DNA to be removed within a few generations.

Meanwhile, creatures who reproduce asexually are more likely to be lumbered with disease-causing genes for much longer, according to the study by the University of Edinburgh.

This is because individuals who inherit healthy genes tend to flourish and pass on their DNA to the next generation, while weaker individuals are more likely to die without reproducing.

The team said the findings, made possible by genome sequencing technology, provide strong evidence to back up a long-standing theory that sexual reproduction, rather than asexual cloning of an individual, has long-term benefits for a species.
not gay people

United States

#135643 Apr 9, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Hell yeah!!!
<quoted text>He's a republican appointed by Ronald Reagan actually.
<quoted text>I really don't mind breaking this to you, but the "voters" simply do not have a right to violate the constitutional right of others, no matter how much of a majority you can swing at the polls.
<quoted text>You also seem to have one rather obvious nut up that tree too... As for your "light in the loafers relatives", I imagine that they have an even lower opinion of you and I wouldn't blame them in the slightest.
<quoted text>OOOooo scary... Threatening us with some god you've created in your own warped image. If that's really the best you can do, my suggestion is that you should just stifle yourself...
<quoted text>Yawn....
gay people is tha reson thers global warmin so much sins ther going to hell,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Root to take over Jerry Deal's seat: Longt... 2 hr Fiona 1
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) 5 hr Kay 128
Beam me up Scottie 23 hr guest 12
The news for anything how to get more,, Oct 16 Allx 1
From Tower of Power - The Mic Gillette Band Oct 3 IGotSoul 1
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Sep 21 abusedmom 108
Catalytic Converter Theft. Toyota Truck/SUV own... (May '07) Sep '14 Jesie 950

Beach Hazards Statement for San Mateo County was issued at October 21 at 6:49AM PDT

Redwood City News Video

Redwood City Dating
Find my Match

Redwood City Jobs

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Redwood City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Redwood City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]