Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,181

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#131060 Mar 3, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
So what eras are we talking about? Yeah, maybe early small civilizations wouldn't have been too thrilled about some guys in the tribe not seeming macho and trying to knock up a bunch of women to make the group bigger. I doubt anyone would have known or cares if women were lesbians.
I have a feeling that the dominate males in early history would rather the subordinate males bang each other than their female.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#131062 Mar 3, 2012
Truth Speaker- wrote:
<quoted text>Those lesbians were simply burned at the stake as possessed witches. Early civilization survived much longer, they got rid of the cancers. The Roman civilization failed to learn that.
I know, but they tried, I mean they burnt, and feed them to the lions.
The Lady Doctor

Portland, OR

#131063 Mar 3, 2012
Truth Speaker- wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever, my dad is dead and my abuse is in my past. How did you know anyway? Did that backstabber Jay tell you? Piss off and let me be, I can't help being gay.
HAHA....you making fun of me? So what, I am in therapy for my abuse. Leave Jay out of this.
FooOnJoe

West Covina, CA

#131065 Mar 3, 2012
Joe Foos, needs more training on reading to start understanding just what they are trying to post about!

So it's, Foo on Joe!
The Lady Doctor

Portland, OR

#131066 Mar 3, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal society is starting to change their minds on what they have a right to deny others. Its just to bad for those you are feeling forced to accept what normal people have simply changed their opinion on.
So actually I feel very good about the way soceity has reversed its opinion on homosexuality. I expect more of it as time passes.
Nope, I'm not in your position.
Just like Sodom and Gomorrah and poof they were gone. Just like pre-Nazi Germany and their support of homosexualty and poof they were gone. Don't bank on it, I have discovered that most of society is simply clueless about homosexuality.
SpamOlater

West Covina, CA

#131067 Mar 3, 2012
Doctor smoctor, just more fairy tales from the kript.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#131068 Mar 3, 2012
Watchmann wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest that the percentage of homosexuals has remained fairly consistent through human history.
I would also suggest from my understanding of history that the reaction to homosexuality has been consistent in spite of culture, size of culture or religion.
By that, I mean that there are always those who love and respect homosexuals whether they understand/agree or not, and those who reject.
To blame Christianity is short sighted and misses the real issue. Not only that, it misses the message of Christianity; a deep respect for every person while not losing sight of design and morality. Many heterosexuals lose sight of respect, and most homosexuals lose sight of design and morality.
What do you think the real issue is, that people are missing?
The message of christianity, seems to be cystal clear, according to their book, its a sin, and to a lot of christians it is the cause of all that is wrong in the world. Have you heard what the pope claims homosexuality is causing, the destruction of family values. The RCC is a large portion of christianity.
If you don't think that most of the anti-homosexual marriage people aren't pushed by christians you havn't looked.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda_Anti-Homosexuali...
www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/africa/04uga...
Even you seem to be a little bias, I mean heterosexuals only lose respect, but homosexuals lose morality and the great designer that christian believe in. Lets just continue the cycle of hate and violence, and continue to believe homosexuals are inferior.
Your definition of christianity is very short sighted, almost appears to be blinded form reality.
You are motivated by your christian beliefs, and no amount of disguising will cover that up.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#131069 Mar 3, 2012
Watchmann wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the original historical records of early contacts with Indians both in North and South America. They basically show a very abusive response to gays and transgendered. There are a couple exceptions that the article you mentioned selectively choose.
As I mentioned in my previous post, there is not much distinction between human cultures historically towards homosexuality.
Just like the article provided, most european accounts of native culture were filled with self serving BS. I would imagine the truth lies some where in between.
Persoanally I believe if you were a strong hunter, and warrior, and you were homosexual or a heterosexual you were respected. If you were a weak hunter, and warrior, whether you were heterosexual or homosexual you were treated with less respect.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#131070 Mar 3, 2012
Truth Speaker- wrote:
<quoted text>I really feel sorry for you. Hell is such an awful place. I would think you would not wish to join the others in your family, he have gone there.
You do not even know what a POW WOW is, idiot.
Tell us what a pow wow is to you.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#131071 Mar 3, 2012
FooOnJoe wrote:
Joe Foos, needs more training on reading to start understanding just what they are trying to post about!
So it's, Foo on Joe!
I can understand why you would wish to be me, but you know what happens when you wish in one and and, well I'm sure you know what happens.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#131072 Mar 3, 2012
The Lady Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>Just like Sodom and Gomorrah and poof they were gone. Just like pre-Nazi Germany and their support of homosexualty and poof they were gone. Don't bank on it, I have discovered that most of society is simply clueless about homosexuality.
Really, clueless you say?
Well that does explains why some are against homosexuality.
SpamOlater

West Covina, CA

#131073 Mar 3, 2012
No nails this time.
Rules Of Evidence

Livermore, CA

#131074 Mar 3, 2012
Truth Speaker- wrote:
<quoted text>Gay bias nonsense, flushed. I am of Native American ancestral origin and I have attended many POW WOWs and you gay bias trash is a lie. Fertility and marriage were highly elevated in North American native tribes and gayness was and is considered a weakness caused by the entry of an unclean spirit.
And once again DR. Douche mouth open.......Well you know the rest fool! Just Google American Indians and gays to see what a lying old sick reprobate you are! Yes you are full of biased nonsense that is oh so easy to prove!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#131081 Mar 4, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think the real issue is, that people are missing?
The message of christianity, seems to be cystal clear, according to their book, its a sin, and to a lot of christians it is the cause of all that is wrong in the world. Have you heard what the pope claims homosexuality is causing, the destruction of family values. The RCC is a large portion of christianity.
If you don't think that most of the anti-homosexual marriage people aren't pushed by christians you havn't looked.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda_Anti-Homosexuali...
www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/africa/04uga...
Even you seem to be a little bias, I mean heterosexuals only lose respect, but homosexuals lose morality and the great designer that christian believe in. Lets just continue the cycle of hate and violence, and continue to believe homosexuals are inferior.
Your definition of christianity is very short sighted, almost appears to be blinded form reality.
You are motivated by your christian beliefs, and no amount of disguising will cover that up.
Joe, you accuse me of bias, then you spout a bigoted view of history and Christianity. Excusing the facts of history and condemning Christianity as the cause for all rejection of homosexuality.

I'm simply trying to get both sides on a basis of reality.

Most people are ignorant of sexuality, and Christians tend to relate all homosexuality to Romans 1.

Gays on the other hand have a firm grip on denial. You are singular proof of that!

The one thing you said that I agree with is that truth is somewhere in between with a lot more knowledge and understanding added.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#131090 Mar 4, 2012
Truth Speaker- wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you ARE WRONG ABOUT ONE thing, the acceptance of homosexuality is actually approaching the acceptance level of pre-Nazi Germany, for what that is worth. There are societies where homosexuality is almost nonexistent, like leprosy, and gays are only .001% of those populations.
They have done studies and proven that homosexuality, like it was high in Rome, remains higher in Western countries, where teen sex, incest, pedophilia, and child abuse are predominant. The reason is simple, homosexuality is primarily caused by socialization and environmental factors.
No dear. YOU are simple.... as in lower than average IQ.

"There are societies where homosexuality is almost nonexistent" ???? What kind of dumbass writes something like that?

"They have done studies and proven that homosexuality, like it was high in Rome, remains higher in Western countries, where teen sex, incest, pedophilia, and child abuse are predominant." hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Too bad you have no proof to back up your bullshit.

"The reason is simple, homosexuality is primarily caused by socialization and environmental factors."???? Really? And your proof for this ridiculous comment is...?

It always puzzles me why people who prefer to spread outright lies never have any proof. Do you choose to believe a lie, or are you too stupid to know the difference?
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#131091 Mar 4, 2012
Truth Speaker- wrote:
<quoted text>You are not smartest apple, in a bunch of rotten apples.
I am (and always will be) a smarter (and richer and prettier) apple than YOU.
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#131092 Mar 4, 2012
The sissy Doctor wrote:
I have discovered that most of society is simply clueless about homosexuality.
YOU "discovered that most of society is simply clueless about homosexuality" Did you discover this recently while hiding in your closet? Or back when you were a self hating homosexual having unprotected sex with strangers in bus station bathrooms?

I have read your posts and I think it's obvious that YOU know nearly nothing about homosexuality and sadly have even less insight into yourself.

Are you enjoying being a "lady"? Are you keeping "lady land" and your underarms waxed and groomed? Having a mani-pedi at least once every two weeks? And don't forget your monthly massage!

Remember, keep saving your tips and someday you can buy yourself a nice tight Vjayjay and become a real woman.
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#131093 Mar 4, 2012
Doctor Truth Speaker- wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but your version of sex, sex with your dad is not what getting laid is all about. Are you a prostitute or slut, because most wives do not call it getting laid?
Well, since you are likely a dead weight sow, your sex partners would never call it love.
All that rage! It must be your frustration getting the better of you...I guess abstinence does NOT make the heart grown founder...In you case it just makes the farts blow fouler...

And since you have never has a wife you really have no way of knowing what "most wives" say...I usually say, "hey honey the kids are all in bed, do you want to F*ck?" It works pretty well too.

Since the only women who has ever looked twice at you is your mother can we assume she is the "dead weight sow" in you life? Did she run your daddy off? Is that what messed you up so bad? You, "the little man" of the house, all alone with mommy when she was between boyfriends? So fat you could "never call it love" when she climbs all over you and does her nasty business and left you crying like a sissyboy. Is that why you hate women and call them prostitutes, whores and fat sows?

So is it just as funny when someone says that YOU have sex with YOUR mother
The Lady Doctor

Vancouver, WA

#131094 Mar 4, 2012
Truth Speaker- wrote:
They have done studies and proven that homosexuality, like it was high in Rome, remains higher in Western countries, where teen sex, incest, pedophilia, and child abuse are predominant. The reason is simple, homosexuality is primarily caused by socialization and environmental factors.
Doctor Truth, We all want to be a well informed as you are so PLEASE post LINKS to these studies.

This is my second request. You took time to post that I am a fat sow, a prostitute and that I have sex with my father so why didn't include a link to prove your claim?
SpamOlater

Monrovia, CA

#131095 Mar 4, 2012
Just another tired old 'chain mail' letter or topic being passed around to muddle up real local issues.

This being the handy work of Republican/Tea Party Nation wackO member's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police chase on Sunday early morning thru EPA Sun D mann 1
Bill Widmer named new Rancho Palos Verdes city ... Sat Are you serious 1
HELP STOP UNJUST PERSECUTIONS of TAXPAYERS over... Dec 19 EQUAL RIGHTS 27
sri ganganagar Dec 18 parmjeet 1
Good Night... Dec 16 Ashik love 2
Indias Independence Day Celebration Dec 15 Maheed Delhi 1
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec 11 KROSE 375

Redwood City News Video

Redwood City Dating
Find my Match