Sheriff's Department: Adelanto teenager perishes in accidental shooting

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

A teenager is dead after being accidentally shot on Saturday night by his cousin, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department reports.
Comments
1 - 20 of 131 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2011
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Chino Native

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Why is Sheriff's Department in the title of the story? They had nothing to do with it.
Da Judge

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Why would they do this, and then try to cover it up? Blaming the shooting on a drive-by, and making a false police report, is not standard practice.

There is another side to this story that we haven't yet heard.

Race of the victim? Let me guess!
mom

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

wow how sad where were the parents and why did they have access to that gun and do they a legal permit for it
yuran8r

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

On the brighter side, his parents won't have to worry about buying him a Christmas present.
Chino Native

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

mom wrote:
wow how sad where were the parents and why did they have access to that gun and do they a legal permit for it
Uh...It is Adelanto.
Checkpoint Charlie

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Chino Native wrote:
Why is Sheriff's Department in the title of the story? They had nothing to do with it.
They are the one reporting it dufuss. They are also saving the taxpayers thousands of $$$ for getting the real shooters to confess to the shooting...I thought they lost all the cow ranches in Chino? If that's the case, why is this piece of manure still living there?
Dave in Crafton Hills

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Typical gangster manual-of-arms.

Car wash will be Saturday, behind the Liquor Store.
andrew from sbcity

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

this is why this country needs very strict gun control. all these killings would stop or slow down. there is no reason to own a gun. i don't care! ban ALL guns and everything will be better. guns are for people who are wimps. only a coward has a gun..besides law enforcement.
buzz

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

more people die from high cholesterol than they do from guns every year
NRA Supporter

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Andrew, I feel much safer with my guns than I bet you do with nothing but a golf club or a baseball bat.

There are at least a dozen reasons to own a gun. Some people collect art, I collect guns.

No, I've never used one in self-defense, but the Constitution (Perhaps you've heard of it?) says that I have the absolute right to do so.

And I'm not a coward, sir. 6'4, 250, <6% body fat, with an advanced belt in TKD. If that makes me a "wimp" to you, then name the time and place for a demonstration, please? We can have a friendly little competition to see how many pushups each of us can do. But, in the spirit of fairness (Something you know nothing about) I currently hold the record at my gym for those.
KingLarry

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

buzz wrote:
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens. Obviously you have not learned the past effects of gun control on the people of the world. With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'. Why do you think that during WW II the Japanese decided not to invade America? Because they knew most Americans were ARMED! If you think that taking all the guns away will make you safer think again. Police protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess. Besides, I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed. I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment and think every honest law abiding citizen should be allowed to carry a firearm.
True

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

buzz wrote:
That may be true. But then more children are killed in traffic accidents than by child molesting murderers. But that doesn't mean we should be easier on molestors. Cholesterol may kill as a side effect, but guns are designed to kill. They're just fulfilling thier purpose when they kill.
hunkie boy

Lawndale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

AdelaNTO IS A POOR RUN DOWN GHETTO, UNEMPLOYMENT IS 38%,70 % MEXICAN 28% BLACK,NOTHING BUT FORECLOSED HOMES,NO PLACE DECENT PEOPLE WOULD WANT TO LIVE.
some guy

Chino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

black on black crime??? bet they try and sue the gun maker!!!!
buzz

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

sue the bullet maker
some guy wrote:
mark

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

andrew from sbcity wrote:
this is why this country needs very strict gun control. all these killings would stop or slow down. there is no reason to own a gun. i don't care! ban ALL guns and everything will be better. guns are for people who are wimps. only a coward has a gun..besides law enforcement.
you sir are a complete idiot.
please do us all a favor and never vote,drive,breathe air,or anything else that interacts with the public...
no gun ever killed a person,it's the person holding the gun.
legal firearm ownership is a right and a privilege that many enjoy,what did you think that all gun owners are deadbeats and druggies??? did you think that they are driving around looking for victims?? if so you are a idiot and i hope you will -please castrate yourself so your moronic bloodline ends with you
mark

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

some guy wrote:
the scotus as declared that the gun makers are not liable nor the bullet makers..

scotus=supreme court of united states
AO Teacher

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Any other Constitutional rights you don't care about? I vote to take your right of Free Speech away! Actions have consequences, banning guns would be about as helpful as banning cars would be for reducing drunk driving deaths. This shooting was the result of a flagrant disregard for basic firearms safety, nothing more. Also, if you ban guns, how do you plan on enforcing the ban?
What

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

"Don't need no stinking gun you're my hero".

Since: Oct 09

Apple Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Yea, that way only the criminals will have them. Do you really think that criminals care if guns are outlawed?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Redlands News Video

•••
•••

Redlands Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Redlands People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••