River Day christens rebuilt I-275 Metro Trail

Jun 12, 2011 Full story: HomeTownLife.com

Hundreds of people rode their bikes along the newly rebuilt I-275 Metro Trail, explored the Lower Rouge River Recreation Trail, mounting a strong turnout last Saturday for River Day activities.

Full Story
Tony

Plymouth, MI

#1 Jun 12, 2011
It rides nice. The extra width is welcomed. People still throw garbage out along the way. There are several segments that are exposed to expressway traffic only feet away. Cars frequently run off he road and across the path. Eventually, a biker or pedestrian will be killed. Then they will apply safety measures. I'm willing to take my chances because the risk is much greater riding on the road or sidewalk near streets anyway.

This was a "shovel ready" project that allowed quick spending of Obama money. They did a fine job, but were careful to waste tons of time and money along the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Romulus Police Chief sentenced for corruption 19 hr Bernard 2
livonia business man chris martin getting haras... Fri WATCHING LIVONIA 1
Review: Edwards Plumbing And Heating Thu Jessica 1
Saws Stolen From Detroit Fire Truck As Crews Ba... Thu mike 3
UPDATE 1-Russia's Severstal sells U.S. plants t... Wed Bugsby 10
Review: Jim The Irish Plumber (Jun '10) Oct 21 Jennifer 18
Looking for son Oct 21 Mcmwmb 3
Redford Dating
Find my Match

Redford Jobs