Latino poverty high in Reading

Mar 14, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reading Eagle/Reading Times

In Reading, Allentown, Philadelphia and New York, a higher proportion of Latinos are in poverty than the city populations as a whole, according to the 2008 American Community Survey of the U.S. Census Bureau.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Feb 13, 2012
Candy Cane

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Wow, a group of people who drop out of school by 15, produce a team of kids by 18, refuse to speak English, and refuse to work.

Now I wonder why they are so poor?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Candy Cane wrote:
Wow, a group of people who drop out of school by 15, produce a team of kids by 18, refuse to speak English, and refuse to work.
did they even think before they wrote this article? oh i cant wait to see what happens. so how you doin Candy? lol.
I Know nuttin

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

Candy Cane wrote:
Just because they tell you they are poor, does not make it true. Makes good news but they are lying. They are never going to tell news repoters the truth.
Everyone has a station and motivation in life. For some, that is part of the success of continuing the fraud. They consider all of the time and effort they put into the fraud as their work so they think they are working.
Their networks are incredible, dangerous and extremely secretive. They participate in any kind of criminal activities while they are working min wage jobs. They reproduce and sell phoney documents, steal cars, deal drugs and guns...and pretend they are your friendly neighborhood poor Hispanics.
Con artists superb!
Occasionally one or two get caught in their multi million dollar drug schemes too. Only then do the police realize the sheer scope and profit from these complex organizations. Some are buying or renting homes in suburban Berks County and living next to honest and hard working people.
They could be any race, color, creed.
I really feel sorry for them...but then I don't know anything.
Shhhhh, we must keep this all a secret.
starleta

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

Judged:

I am latina and I know for sure how the latin mentality is.
all this poverty is based in the victim mentality that has reproduce all over, some people don't care to do thing different like learning something new as English, oh no they prefer the old familiar which is to have more sex than they can afford plus find some way to get free or cheap something and the rest is left to god to take care of it.

now If i have a nice car they all will hate me, even though I took my English classes and I did my best to learn as much as I could so I could realized my dream.
no fair, all this nothing but pure guilty trip
Fitus T Bluster

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

they are great at fleecing the taxpayers.
Fitus T Bluster

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

dying and dead cities are like a dead body, where maggots flock to feast and breed.
ImplacablyBlunt

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

I Know nuttin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because they tell you they are poor, does not make it true. Makes good news but they are lying. They are never going to tell news repoters the truth.
Everyone has a station and motivation in life. For some, that is part of the success of continuing the fraud. They consider all of the time and effort they put into the fraud as their work so they think they are working.
Their networks are incredible, dangerous and extremely secretive. They participate in any kind of criminal activities while they are working min wage jobs. They reproduce and sell phoney documents, steal cars, deal drugs and guns...and pretend they are your friendly neighborhood poor Hispanics.
Con artists superb!
Occasionally one or two get caught in their multi million dollar drug schemes too. Only then do the police realize the sheer scope and profit from these complex organizations. Some are buying or renting homes in suburban Berks County and living next to honest and hard working people.
They could be any race, color, creed.
I really feel sorry for them...but then I don't know anything.
Shhhhh, we must keep this all a secret.
Obviously you know NOTHING.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Reading Discussions

Search the Reading Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Mon T Wolf 51,196
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mon Eddie Swindell 3,824
How To Bring Peace To A Sad And Dangerous City.... Jul 26 Help Reading PA 1
RONA Question Jul 26 cartekker 2
Wernersville man soils pants inside store, stea... Jul 26 Why is ths news 1
Come Visit West Reading Jul 24 I Would but 2
Soldiers are not Heros!!!!!! (Dec '08) Jul 24 Just Some Random Thoughts 365
•••
•••

Reading News Video

•••
•••

Reading Jobs

•••