Is Maxwell Arson Related To Track Fire Arson And Other Raton Fires?

Posted in the Raton Forum

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Nov 27, 2012

“Telling It Like It Is”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

On June 5th, it was reported that Jacob Martin and Frederick Martinez, Jr. had been arrested for arson related to at least two of the suspicious fires in Maxwell. Martinez was also charged previously with the theft of cabinets from a house that was being remodeled in Raton. Both of them are volunteer firefighters in Maxwell.
Oddly enough, there has been a history throughout the USA of firefighters who were arsonists. So, I have to consider that since these two live in the area, could they be responsible for the Track Fire? Has anyone looked into unsolved possible arson fires in the area prior to the Track Fire and after and if they could be the work of Martin and Martinez? Arsonists start early, the Track Fire may have been their crowning achievement and now they are trying to top it by burning Maxwell down.
hmmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Oh brother! Conspiracy theories. Hang the little creeps but the track fire was the damn train.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

It is a possibility that should be looked into. All they need to determine is where these two firebugs were at the time of the Track Fire and other fires. I truly hope their arsons are limited to what they have already done in Maxwell and they did not get started doing arson earlier.

“Liberal Patriot”

Since: Sep 08

Rio Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

The Track Fire was started by accident is my guess. Probably someone riding ATV's.

The person(s) who did this should be held accountable. Suppression costs exceeded one million dollars.

There is an arsonist on the loose in the raton area. Remember the building by the railroad tracks?

“Telling It Like It Is”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Well, as an update, the Jury Trial for these alleged firebugs is set for December 17, 2012 in Raton.

Also, the other charge Frederick Martinez, Jr. had from before may have been plead out, but there has been no sentencing as of yet.
Raton Cat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

This is a wolf ticket I'd there's no evidence there is no case. Another way for Coperate America to walk away from a liability suit . It's funny how Amtrak wants to change its Raton Route too huh. Maybe they feel guilty and sence more liability.

Perhaps the rail road should maintain their tracks from rubbish a lot more. Stop trying to wipe your ass's with the good citizens of Colfax County. Maybe we should set a spot for public debate thats more formal then a web mob spot.

“Telling It Like It Is”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Like the Postal Service, Amtrak is always talking about doing this or that.

One thing to note: Changing their route has less to do with them as they do not own the tracks. And many of those tracks are getting so used up Amtrak will be unable to have their trains travel at a speed necessary to maintain a regular timely route.

Unless BNSF upgrades tracks and replaces rails, Amtrak will eventually have to cancel the route whether they want to, or not. BNSF doesn't care if their freight only travels at 45 mph, but you can't run a passenger train at such a slow speed.

Of course, BNSF is holding out for some of that corporate welfare. It isn't enough Amtrak already pays them to use the tracks.
arson victim

Des Moines, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Another update The pre-trail for Martinez and Martin is 11/30/12.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Raton Forum right now

Search the Raton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
At it again 3 hr Brenda 9
Dating ex cons 15 hr wow 25
hot chick in white mustang always on passenger ... Wed yolo 9
Superintendent Wed You Are Full Of It 17
Lmao XP Wed You Are Full Of It 4
JP carpet services (Aug '13) Wed You Are Full Of It 22
erin vigil is one of the finest (Jul '13) Wed You Are Full Of It 10
•••
•••