Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#149105 Jul 7, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting under your skin am I??
LOL!!!
Keep it calm fruitcake. More people might listen to you then.
it must be to you, since you made an ass out of yourself yesterday and before that and before that....then you post where u will be as if u want to meet me in person. This isn't the playground dan, this won't make a difference in anything. Topix is just for typing practice, nothing more or less.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Norcross, GA

#149106 Jul 7, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>Like a lot of issues in this country, some take time to correct. Up until the early part of the last century women did not have the right to vote. Until the 1860's slavery was common. Until the 1960's segregation was normal. Yet all have been corrected. Have a nice day.
So far so good ... now tell us why what you and another man do behind a stall in a public men's room is a Civil Rights issue.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#149108 Jul 7, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>Like a lot of issues in this country, some take time to correct. Up until the early part of the last century women did not have the right to vote. Until the 1860's slavery was common. Until the 1960's segregation was normal. Yet all have been corrected. Have a nice day.
But this issue is an entirely separate issue, why couldn't it be "fixed" then like the other issues you mention? There is no other issue in this world that can be comopared to this one, and it's obvious dont you agree ??? It has been man and woman from the beginning of time.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#149109 Jul 7, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>Like a lot of issues in this country, some take time to correct. Up until the early part of the last century women did not have the right to vote. Until the 1860's slavery was common. Until the 1960's segregation was normal. Yet all have been corrected. Have a nice day.
lol ... corrected to some degree, but not necessarily the right thing to do in many casses. Not all change is good when you have to force certain issues to make society believe in it.
Cookie Gate

Azusa, CA

#149110 Jul 7, 2012
Just say no, to Willard Mitt Romney.

If he can't say anything nice about Ameican Cookies than just hae Willard shut his Republican/LDS trap-mouth.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Norcross, GA

#149112 Jul 7, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text> It seems that you have many problems in life. Most if not all can be helped if you just see a qualified mental health professional. Perhaps a shrink could help you see that love, hope, compassion and understanding are not bound by a persons sexuality.
"The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."
Oliver Wendell Holmes
Once again I feel compelled to ask where does your wellspring of all things homosexual come from, Clyde? You claim to be straight yet your knowledge homosexual minutia surpasses that of most homosexuals. And directly above you even affect the same BS writing style gay males do.

Wass up with that, dude?

Why does a straight guy not only spend years learning about homosexuals but presents himself here every day to defend them?

What's really going on, Clyde?

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#149113 Jul 7, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
So far so good ... now tell us why what you and another man do behind a stall in a public men's room is a Civil Rights issue.
Stinking pervert, tell us why you think its right to marry a 12 year old girl.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#149114 Jul 7, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol ... corrected to some degree, but not necessarily the right thing to do in many casses. Not all change is good when you have to force certain issues to make society believe in it.
Do you mean like slavery, and segregation. One caused a war the other mass demonstrations and civil unrest. It seems that some issues must be brought to light and then fought for. Reminds me of 7/4/1776, we had to stand up to the King and tell him to shove it where the sun don't shine. Looks like the Gay community is telling you where to shove it Bruno.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#149115 Jul 7, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again I feel compelled to ask where does your wellspring of all things homosexual come from, Clyde? You claim to be straight yet your knowledge homosexual minutia surpasses that of most homosexuals. And directly above you even affect the same BS writing style gay males do.
Wass up with that, dude?
Why does a straight guy not only spend years learning about homosexuals but presents himself here every day to defend them?
What's really going on, Clyde?
Well dipshit if you must know I have a niece who is gay. Tell me why she should not be allowed to marry the very woman that she has had a monogamous relationship with for 10 years? Tell me dipshit why should all the people that I have come to know and respect on this thread not be allowed the same frucking privilege that you have. Tell RnL,Waste Water,Mona Lott, This Old Gay and OH so many others why they should not be treated as equals.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#149116 Jul 7, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
But this issue is an entirely separate issue, why couldn't it be "fixed" then like the other issues you mention? There is no other issue in this world that can be comopared to this one, and it's obvious dont you agree ??? It has been man and woman from the beginning of time.
You Asked the question Bruno, I supplied the answer. And yes they can be compared, its called discrimination. Now do we need a history lesson on marriage? Why Bruno its been posted many times that same sex marriage is found all through the history of written mankind. I would guess that homosexuals can and would be found through out the entire age of man kind.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#149117 Jul 7, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again I feel compelled to ask where does your wellspring of all things homosexual come from, Clyde? You claim to be straight yet your knowledge homosexual minutia surpasses that of most homosexuals. And directly above you even affect the same BS writing style gay males do.
Wass up with that, dude?
Why does a straight guy not only spend years learning about homosexuals but presents himself here every day to defend them?
What's really going on, Clyde?
Look Gary, why not cut the crap about anal sex, HIV and parades. Cut to the chase and make your point. You Bruno and Riccardo all dance around the subject but refuse to say it. You are religiously bound to discriminate against homosexuals. No more crap about polygamy, anal sex or any of the many stupid reasons. Just say it, you know you want to so do it! You religion is against it flat out! No more deflection Gary, just put it out there, your god says no to same sex marriage.

Do you know why you won't say it Gary?
Cookie Gate

Azusa, CA

#149118 Jul 7, 2012
Polls say it's time to, Put Romney Back in His Place.

After Obama's successes on health care and immigration, the GOP/Republican/Tea Party candidate's appeal is shrinking.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#149119 Jul 7, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>Look Gary, why not cut the crap about anal sex, HIV and parades. Cut to the chase and make your point. You Bruno and Riccardo all dance around the subject but refuse to say it. You are religiously bound to discriminate against homosexuals. No more crap about polygamy, anal sex or any of the many stupid reasons. Just say it, you know you want to so do it! You religion is against it flat out! No more deflection Gary, just put it out there, your god says no to same sex marriage.
Do you know why you won't say it Gary?
sorry jack, my Religion beliefs don't teach to discriminate against homo's. It teaches that God will be the Judge. But u will still be the bigot u are looking to blame it all on God.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#149120 Jul 7, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a serious problem with gays pretending that gay unions are marriage. It is a offensive farce.
I have a problem with children being raised in a situation that deprives them of at least one parent AND one gender. I find it diabolically criminal to deliberately birth a child into that situation.
I have a problem equating obvious and critical distinctions in the attempt for those in denial to continue.
<quoted text>
I am being guided about "realistic problems" from someone who uses their septic system as a playground? Excuse me if I don't agree.
I am being challenged to think from 'my brain instead of my ass' by someone who confuses rare failure in the evolutionary design of procreation with high failure percentage in a manipulated genetic defect setting? Using horror story news accounts (which I could more than match), instead of scientific validation?
Smile
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text> Perhaps a shrink could help you see that love, hope, compassion and understanding are not bound by a persons sexuality.

"The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."
Oliver Wendell Holmes
Perhaps you could point out how anything I said hinders "love, hope, compassion and understanding" because of a person's sexuality.

Additionally, the definition of a bigot is;

big·ot
&#8194; &#8194;[big-uht] Show IPA
noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

My post was about facts, not creed, belief or opinion. I would suggest that it is your response that fits the definition of bigot more accurately.

A wild guess would be this is why you have a problem with the word marriage too.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#149121 Jul 7, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
So far so good ... now tell us why what you and another man do behind a stall in a public men's room is a Civil Rights issue.
HOW MANY TIMES MUST YOU BE TOLD THAT SLY_CLYDE, DAN AND OLD SWIFTBOATER ARE NOT GAY? They are heterosexual men who are either married to women or have been married to women and 2 of them have grown children.

Now, just because you claim to be heterosexual and have had oral sex with men in drag doesn't mean EVERY Straight man is like you!!!

By the way the topic of this thread is Prop 8 and the right to marry.....NOT bathhouses, HIV/AIDS, ANAL SEX, PEDOPHILIA, CHILD MOLESTATION or anything else you have an issue with!!!

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Norcross, GA

#149123 Jul 7, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW MANY TIMES MUST YOU BE TOLD THAT SLY_CLYDE, DAN AND OLD SWIFTBOATER ARE NOT GAY? They are heterosexual men who are either married to women or have been married to women and 2 of them have grown children.
Now, just because you claim to be heterosexual and have had oral sex with men in drag doesn't mean EVERY Straight man is like you!!!
By the way the topic of this thread is Prop 8 and the right to marry.....NOT bathhouses, HIV/AIDS, ANAL SEX, PEDOPHILIA, CHILD MOLESTATION or anything else you have an issue with!!!
No one ever doubted Dan, and Old SwiftBoat are straight so stop getting things mixed up.

Clyde is another matter.

He comes across so gay it makes me want to punch out my computer screen. And what makes you so certain of his orientation?

Because he says he is?

He knows more about male-to-male anal sex than you do.

How do you explain that?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#149124 Jul 7, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
No one ever doubted Dan, and Old SwiftBoat are straight so stop getting things mixed up.
Clyde is another matter.
He comes across so gay it makes me want to punch out my computer screen. And what makes you so certain of his orientation?
Because he says he is?
He knows more about male-to-male anal sex than you do.
How do you explain that?
Please feel free to punch out your computer screen....it would be much appreciated.
Beans

Azusa, CA

#149125 Jul 7, 2012
Badges! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES.
PETER

Barstow, CA

#149127 Jul 7, 2012
When is the Peter Tombarken to join us a Press Your Luck Game Show?

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Norcross, GA

#149128 Jul 7, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>Well dipshit if you must know I have a niece who is gay. Tell me why she should not be allowed to marry the very woman that she has had a monogamous relationship with for 10 years? Tell me dipshit why should all the people that I have come to know and respect on this thread not be allowed the same frucking privilege that you have. Tell RnL,Waste Water,Mona Lott, This Old Gay and OH so many others why they should not be treated as equals.
Your niece can get married.

Who told you she couldn't?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cordova Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
O'Reilly Asks Why Deported Illegal Aliens Who R... 2 hr Constitution Party 11
Former sheriff john mcginnis is a hypocrite. (Apr '12) 9 hr RiccardoFire 18
The Corner Coffee Shop: The new NOTHING Thread (Jan '08) 22 hr Nero 6,690
Congressional District 3 candidates face off in... Sat folt 11
Africans want to mix with white Americans. Why Sat Russell 8
ATTENTION::: Why do black men get mad when beau... (Feb '11) Sat Bwwm love 86
Jennifer Miller Fri Ha Ha 1
Rancho Cordova Dating
Find my Match

Rancho Cordova People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rancho Cordova News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rancho Cordova

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:25 pm PST