First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sickofit

Lancaster, TX

#21 Jun 27, 2012
gassy wrote:
<quoted text>
you are aware if the fact that it's possible to be an American citizen and not be white? Right?
Okay??? Well I am not white but still an American...
Texas Ranger Fan

Forney, TX

#22 Jun 27, 2012
gassy wrote:
<quoted text>
can you define "slightly on guard"?
I think you know what I mean. Nothing wrong with some suspicion. I am a color blind Christian. God created us all in his image. I do think that we have had to fight battles for centuries and we have had to stand guard for what we believe to protect our freedoms, our families and our faith. Being always slightly on guard is just human character. Don't fool ourselves, thinking we should trust everyone that controls our interests in even trivial needs, such as convenience stores. Hopefully trust will grow and, to quote the late and great John Lennon... "we can someday all learn to live as one".
But until that day comes we will have to be "slightly on guard".
gassy

Dallas, TX

#23 Jun 27, 2012
Texas Ranger Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I think you know what I mean. Nothing wrong with some suspicion. I am a color blind Christian. God created us all in his image. I do think that we have had to fight battles for centuries and we have had to stand guard for what we believe to protect our freedoms, our families and our faith. Being always slightly on guard is just human character. Don't fool ourselves, thinking we should trust everyone that controls our interests in even trivial needs, such as convenience stores. Hopefully trust will grow and, to quote the late and great John Lennon... "we can someday all learn to live as one".
But until that day comes we will have to be "slightly on guard".
okay I get that, but what does that have to do with the OP's idea that the new owner of Scooter's shouldn't be hiring anymore outsiders? It's one thing to be aware if your surroundings, and a whole other ti suggest that this man is a terrorist.

“Hi!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#24 Jun 28, 2012
USA! USA! USA!
Jerry

Rockwall, TX

#25 Jun 29, 2012
No point discussing this. Yes, Tammy and Mike are gone. A real shame since they were so friendly and knew all the regulars. They didn't want to leave but new owners had other ideas. That is business. But in support of them I am going to take my business somewhere else. At least for the next month or so.
gingerjobe

Dallas, TX

#26 Jun 29, 2012
Jerry wrote:
No point discussing this. Yes, Tammy and Mike are gone. A real shame since they were so friendly and knew all the regulars. They didn't want to leave but new owners had other ideas. That is business. But in support of them I am going to take my business somewhere else. At least for the next month or so.
I agree with you, at some point we have to stand up and not shut up. I'm sure that store will continue to operate without my business, but I too will stay away for a little time at least.
Talking Shop

Forney, TX

#27 Jun 30, 2012
Our town is changing, we need a new Mayor and Council.
idiots

United States

#28 Jun 30, 2012
This has got to be one of the dumbest threads on here in a long time. Get a life.
gassy

Arlington, TX

#29 Jun 30, 2012
idiots wrote:
This has got to be one of the dumbest threads on here in a long time. Get a life.
new to topix? Lol
Fireside Chat

Dallas, TX

#30 Jun 30, 2012
If you don't want to support the business because they let certain employees go, I get that. Just not on the basis of the new owners skin color.
sweetie pie

Arlington, TX

#31 Jun 30, 2012
idiots wrote:
This has got to be one of the dumbest threads on here in a long time. Get a life.
Well then take the option not to read or post and go live your life! Lol!!!!

Since: Apr 10

Royse City via Richardson, tx

#32 Jul 2, 2012
I actually went to the Shell today since Tiger Mart had no gas. Guess what? The young man there was nice, smiling and omg=speaking English. SHOCK! HORROR! PROBE! DETAILS AT 11:00

wish them the best
debate that

Arlington, TX

#33 Jul 2, 2012
paula313 wrote:
I actually went to the Shell today since Tiger Mart had no gas. Guess what? The young man there was nice, smiling and omg=speaking English. SHOCK! HORROR! PROBE! DETAILS AT 11:00

wish them the best
Lol! You crack me up!!
Wow

Forney, TX

#34 Jul 2, 2012
Fireside Chat wrote:
If you don't want to support the business because they let certain employees go, I get that. Just not on the basis of the new owners skin color.
Mr Mayor you are not Pres Roosevelt!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quinlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 4 hr Fossilfarts 711
Christianity is a joke (Sep '09) 4 hr sickofit 97
What are they building? 7 hr Totes 9
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Oct 29 Gasman 543
False Teachers (Feb '12) Oct 29 Barnsweb 26
Being Saved Oct 26 q 18
Church of Christ truths Oct 25 Mike_Peterson 19

Freeze Warning for Hunt County was issued at October 31 at 12:36PM CDT

Quinlan News Video

Quinlan Dating
Find my Match

Quinlan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Quinlan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Quinlan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]