Loud booming

Posted in the Puyallup Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Spodet

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 1, 2011
 
Does anyone know what the constant loud booming noises that have been going on around Graham for at the last 2 days is being caused by? They have gradually gotten a little louder and tonight even woke up two of my children. Please any info would be helpful.
Matt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 1, 2011
 
I also hear that last night, I live in Puyallup, South Hill. Last night was the first I'd heard it. at about 1am it shook my windows and they were about 5 seconds a part, then they gradually got more quiet and farther apart. Finally about 1:40am they stopped. I had no idea what it was. It sounded like explosions, like in war or something. I thought it might be FOrt Lewis doing training, but in urban area on a Thursday night? I don't know. I have a friend that lives in Graham and works for the county, I'll text him and see if he knows what it is and then I will post back here to let you know.
Erik

Graham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 1, 2011
 
I heard them in Orting, they were freaking me out, it did sound like a war was going on.
Richard

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 1, 2011
 
I live by Maplewood school downtown and I was awoken last night to loud bangs, that at first sounded like someone banging on my garage door. Once I went outside I noticed it sounded like explosions coming from the South.
Amy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 1, 2011
 
I heard it too I live in an apartment and I'm almost went and banged on my neighbors door asking them to stop doing whatever they were doing. I couldn't really tell if it was them making the noise though it was hard to tell where it was coming from. Very consistant and shook the house. I live in downtown Puyallup as well a co-worker who lives in Graham also heard it and another co-worker who lives on the other side of town from me heard it. STRANGE I'd like to know what it is!
Matt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 1, 2011
 
Spodet wrote:
Does anyone know what the constant loud booming noises that have been going on around Graham for at the last 2 days is being caused by? They have gradually gotten a little louder and tonight even woke up two of my children. Please any info would be helpful.
I just found out that it was Ft. Lewis practicing with their tanks. Nice. Can't they do that on the weekend or in Yakima? Not right next to a communities? whatever
Amy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 1, 2011
 
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
I just found out that it was Ft. Lewis practicing with their tanks. Nice. Can't they do that on the weekend or in Yakima? Not right next to a communities? whatever
Or maybe not at 1:00 in the freaking morning to wake up people as far away as Puyallup?

I still think it's strange that it was a very timely consistant noise are we sure this is the noise we heard?
Matt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 1, 2011
 
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe not at 1:00 in the freaking morning to wake up people as far away as Puyallup?
I still think it's strange that it was a very timely consistant noise are we sure this is the noise we heard?
It is a military base
Neil

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 1, 2011
 
I heard it too at my house in Puyallup last night. Items on the walls and glasses were actually rattling.

Does anyone by chance know how someone (aka me) could register a complaint?
Neil

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 1, 2011
 
lol, looks like my company's servers are making it appear I'm from Newburgh, IN.
Erik

Graham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 1, 2011
 
Yeah i would like to send a complaint somewhere too. The noises kept me up till about 1:30 AM.
Spodet

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 2, 2011
 
Well I heard them again last night and even this morning I occasionally hear them, there isn't any kind of pattern to them though sometimes I hear one every now and then but then there are times I hear them in groups, load enough that a picture fell off the wall, I have 4 kids and it scares them so much they can't sleep. What the hell.

Since: Nov 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 2, 2011
 
I heard on the news it was Ft. Lewis doing night fire. As far as practicing at night, get a grip, wars happen at night too. Be glad it is only the noise of practice, not actual war in our area.
George the Great

Issaquah, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 3, 2011
 
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
I just found out that it was Ft. Lewis practicing with their tanks. Nice. Can't they do that on the weekend or in Yakima? Not right next to a communities? whatever
Fort Lewis doesn't have tanks.
Runner

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 13, 2011
 

Judged:

2

I'm assuming all of you bitching about this moved here before the military base did right?

If not, shut up and get over it. You moved here knowing (or at least if you had more than 2 brain cells in that head of yours rubbing together you should have known) that there was a military base next door, did you think they were going to be throwing flowers at each other to practice what combat is like?

I've been at this site for 20 min now and I'm starting to think that all my neighbors are retarded.
Tae jones

Magna, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 5, 2012
 
I am hearing ot to i live in sandy utah and the last like 3 days i have been hearing it constantly if any one knows why pleases tell me
Spanaway

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 19, 2013
 
Runner wrote:
I'm assuming all of you bitching about this moved here before the military base did right?
If not, shut up and get over it. You moved here knowing (or at least if you had more than 2 brain cells in that head of yours rubbing together you should have known) that there was a military base next door, did you think they were going to be throwing flowers at each other to practice what combat is like?
I've been at this site for 20 min now and I'm starting to think that all my neighbors are retarded.
Well your right at home then ain't you?
EA Sports

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 19, 2013
 
I'm guessing that it's happening again?
It's incredibly frustrating as it varies greatly in strength from barely audible to alarmingly loud with noticeable vibrations.
WoW Addict

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 19, 2013
 
Yeah I can hear it here in.Graham pretty damn loud.
EA Sports

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 19, 2013
 
Yeah, I'm in Summit(Canyon and 512) and if it's as loud here as it is, it must suck to be in Spanaway or Graham. It shouldn't get loud enough to wake the kids or wife, but still annoying. Like a neighbor is watching a movie on an incredibly bass-happy surround sound system.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Puyallup Discussions

Search the Puyallup Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: LUV Petslife.com Pet Sit Tue joey mull 2
A tale of the Smitty burger &#x96; and where to... Apr 4 Larry Zarelli 1
please be aware before choosing good sam hospit... (Nov '08) Mar 25 Suing GS 30
Debate: Marijuana - Auburn, WA (Aug '10) Mar '14 alias anderson 26
Bonney Lake Music Selection (Sep '12) Mar '14 Musikologist 9
Debate: Gay Marriage - Puyallup, WA (Aug '10) Mar '14 Phill 75
Puyallup police look for inmate they said escap... Feb '14 unknown 1
•••
•••

Puyallup News Video

•••
•••

Puyallup Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Puyallup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••