Auburn Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

Judged:

Parkview hospital injured my wife through their gross negligence. My wife was admitted to Parkview for a bladder infection. They placed an IV in her arm at the elbow. She complained immediately that this IV didn't feel right. They refused to move it!
After three days, during which time she constantly complained about the IV, they finally removed it. Her arm was swollen to twice its normal size and she couldn't move it. Their own doctor diagnosed R.S.D. caused by IV infiltration.
R.S.D. is a type of nerve damage that effects the whole body, causing constant pain. We took them to court and the idiots in the jury found for Parkview. Judge Maes went so far as to award Parkview $20,000 in court costs.
How insane is that? they injure her and we are supposed to pay them $20,000 for the privelage.
If you want to live stay out of Parkview!! I've heard more horror storie than I can tell about that butchershop!
Janelle

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

Judged:

I have had 3 surgies at Parkview and have been admitted, serveral times...So have other members in my family....Sorry to hear for your run in that you have had but we have never had a problem. Drs and Nurses have been very great with their care of me and my family members.
JB,
Pueblo CO
Tom

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2007

Judged:

No matter where you go, things can and will happen. Parkview is no exception to this rule. Even the Mayo Clinic and Cedars Sanai have had incidents occur. But as a whole, Parkview has always held very high standards, and has had VERY high marks from the JACHO Board that inspects hospitals. They have always ranked highly. My family has been to Parkview on many ocassions and other than long E.R. waits (to be expected ANYWHERE), we found the staff to be attentive, curteous and helpful... Unlike another certain care facility in this town.

If you had a problem that you thought wasn't being addressed, perhaps you should have notified the Patient Advocate for the hospital. It is their job to look into ALL complaints. Again, I am sorry for the problems that you had there. But I can only speak for myself and my family, and we have had nothing but solid care from the staff and the physicians. So to say "if you want to LIVE, stay away from Parkview" is ridiculous.
mamajoe

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2007

Judged:

I certainly can empathize with you over your wife's treatment and the injustice of the jury's findings. We had a family member in McNeal hospital in Chicago who was admitted for a minor procedure, and the doctor screwed up so badly that he almost died twice within 24 hours. The dr. on duty, Dr. Brofman, not only botched the procedure, bringing on related heart problems and loss of over 40% of his blood, but he has over 10 malpractice cases against him, and the juries keep finding for the doctor. There is no justice for the common person.
injured by Parkview wrote:
Parkview hospital injured my wife through their gross negligence. My wife was admitted to Parkview for a bladder infection. They placed an IV in her arm at the elbow. She complained immediately that this IV didn't feel right. They refused to move it!
After three days, during which time she constantly complained about the IV, they finally removed it. Her arm was swollen to twice its normal size and she couldn't move it. Their own doctor diagnosed R.S.D. caused by IV infiltration.
R.S.D. is a type of nerve damage that effects the whole body, causing constant pain. We took them to court and the idiots in the jury found for Parkview. Judge Maes went so far as to award Parkview $20,000 in court costs.
How insane is that? they injure her and we are supposed to pay them $20,000 for the privelage.
If you want to live stay out of Parkview!! I've heard more horror storie than I can tell about that butchershop!
Nicest Nurse

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

Judged:

I have been employed by Parkview for two years. It is the best hospital I have ever worked for, and I have worked at some of the top hospitals in the US. I am glad that I am now working at a hospital that I can brag about. There are some corporations out there that are real stinkers and money is the bottom line. Not so at Parkview; in my opinion they have integrity, prioritize care over profit and as the corporations squeeze out the little hospitals, Parkview may be one of a dying breed. In any hospital complications may occur. Second opinions are the best way to avoid problems.
Jesse

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Judged:

I'm no expert and have visited [thankfully] but a few hospitals. Indeed I too am empathetic regarding what happened to your wife, but think claiming a stay in Parkview will kill is overly simple and overall alarmist. Of the two hospitals in Pueblo, I hear many more complaints about the one not Parkview and, over the course of several years have witnessed the care at Parkview first hand- most recently over the past three days as my wife's father spent his final days there. The staff and doctors, in 99% of our interactions, were excellent, caring, and professional. I've always been pleased with the level of care anyone I visited there received and would choose Parkview, if in Pueblo, any day. Hopefully you find resolution to your problem someday, as it sounds as though you and your wife were seriously wronged, but please remember little in this life is so black and white or yes and no as your warning seems to claim.
Free Speech

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

Judged:

Hey dummy, learn to spell. Then criticize.
coronadocats

Pueblo, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2007

Judged:

I agree with Tom...seeing the Patient Advocate would have been an excellent resource for you. I have been an employee of Parkview for 9 years and have also been a patient there. It's an unfortunate situation and I wish you and your wife never experienced such a horrible ordeal. However, based on multiple interactions and countless witnessing of every department within Parkview's walls, I can honestly say that you are making a judgement based on emotion and bitterness. Parkview has been recognized nationally for excellent customer service and extremely high standards. Few institutions compare in their quality and I have always prided myself in being a part of it. As for the alternative hospital in town...I find that Parkview is not only a better choice, but the only choice for me.
JOANNE

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2007

Judged:

I say stay out of las vegas if you are looking for any good doctors. the worst are here and they know nothing. My daughter has been hospitalized several times in las Vegas and if I had not done my research and homework, she would have died from pulmonary emboli that went undetected. The physicians always say that young people here go to the hospital for drugs. How rediculous. If you want drugs, who needs a hospital? You can get drugs anywhere. Perhaps if the doctors stopped blaming young people for their illnes and began diagnosing, we would put faith back into the business of caring. the medical industry,for the most part, is a ruthless money machine. Gone are the days of caring medical professionals. Just my opinion from actual happenings.
PAUL

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

I have taken my wife to Parkview three times. Each time we have had great service. If I were looking for work,i would apply there first.
MOM of 2grtkidz

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2007

I had my daughter at St. Mary Corwin in 1999. I had my son at Parkview in 2006. Not sure if it was just the time difference, but the staff at Corwin (excluding my Dr.; she would've delivered my daughter in a field if I asked her to) was very rude for the most part. The staff at Parkview treated me like a queen. :)
Catherine

Peyton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2007

Judged:

I'm sure for the most part Parkview is a decent hospital, although I have to say I've heard a lot of negative things about Parkview. I have no first hand experience. Those criticising the gentlemen who is upset, to you I say, WALK IN HIS SHOES!!!!!!!!!!
I worked for the legal system for many years, and although I worked within the system, I saw so many injustices!
Amber

Edwards, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2007

Judged:

My Grandmother was admitted to parkview and they took GREAT care of her and my family. like Tom said, "this can happen everywhere you go." Sorry about your pain Injured, but you and your wife chose to go to Parkview, right? Therefore, you are partially responsible.
Dennis

Pueblo, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2008

I have had nothing but the best of care at Parkview.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2008

Judged:

Bet you feel like an idiot...
My opinion

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

I have had expierence at both hospitals. I had one child at corwin and two at Parview. I also had 2 surgries at Parview.At corwin I was not comfortable there the nurse were very rood and I always felt that they would not listen to me when I had a concern about me or my baby. Although I did have almost the same expierence as the gentalman's wife. I needed some potassium and I chose it by iv insted of the pill form. I didn't have a good expierence, however it did not have to do with the nurse not putting the iv in incorrectly. My body just could not handle the potassium through iv. My hand to swelled up however, it is ok. I feel no one is perfect and no facility is perfect. In one of my surgries I went in for an apendix removal, surgan accidently punctured my galbladder had to remove it. Was it the hospitals fault, or murly an accicant from the surgan. I do have to say I was honnored that the surgan was honest of the misstake and the Hopital did make sure I was in good condition before leaving and did not charge me extra. They even insisted that I stay one more day, but I wanted to go home with my family after 5 days. They even called me every day to make sure I was still doing ok. Even after that I will still go to Parkview at this time becuse I feel more comfortable there however, I'am sensitve that at times we do have to suffer some one's misstakes but again we are all human!! My prayer of healing upon your wife will be there and that she would not have to deal with the pain or disscomfort no more. And yes Sr. You have a right to your own opinion!
Mimi

Pueblo, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

Judged:

I was molested and raped in Parkview on a gurney with IV's in my arms. I was awake while molested. Then on discovery for court the patient representative refused to allow me into that room for pictures. Their attorney had their camera man assault me with his camera and I went into a panick attack. The Judge Rayes would not allow me to have discovery again eventhough I had a pollygraph test to prove my truth. Pueblo is corrupt. Parkview and judges and doctors are corrupt. This doctor was convicted but on another case. Now this attorney who had me assalted by the camera man is a judge. Judge David Crockenberg. The governor appointed him eventhough he had a police report on him which the police kept loseing.Four reports I had to make before they quit throwing them away. Please stand up with me if you have such stories. Let everyone know.The Chieftian will not tell the story because Jane Rawlings husband is on the board at Parkview.
Mimi

Pueblo, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

Judged:

It was the patient representative of Parkview who refused to let me into the room where I was assaulted. She still works for Parkview. This room was reserved for me to see at that particular time. We were five feet from that room when she said, "You can't go into any room you want, stay here while I find a key to another room." She proceeded to show me an office and an equipment cleaning room. Pam or Pat Madena, I think is her name. She should not be working at the hospital, but she is.
Mimi

Pueblo, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

Judged:

My name keeps showing up. I can't make it go away. Anything else from Mimi today is not from me. I will use another name so anything written under this name is not going to be me.
Mimi

Pueblo, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

Judged:

This is really me. You said that Judge Maes was your judge. Judge Maes use to work at Peterson and Fonda. Peterson and Fonda is the law office for Parkview. This is a conflict of interest if ever I heard of one,he can't be your judge. Maes may even be on the Board of Parkview. So many judges come out of Peterson and Fonda. Makes you wonder what is going on. I spoke with someone working at Parkview and she said that if they say who is on the board thay will be fired. This is about the Big Boys protecting each other--we the people do not matter in Pueblo.Judge Rayes said I could not have time for two operations. One for an electrical implant for seizures, from a brain injury case that he threw out, and the other was for a huge pollyp. When I finally had the operation the pollyp was major surgery. I am 70 now. I would like to see everyone the court has abused ban together and expose the crimes that the judges are doing to the people of Pueble to prote their friends. Mass protest march? I don't know. But we the peopole need to stand up against this criminal acrivity by judges.Find out who is on the Board at Parkview and put it on this web page. Follow the money to the criminals who protect each other in high places.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pueblo Discussions

Search the Pueblo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Contact FBI on PUEBLO COURT CORRUPTION /andST... (Sep '11) Aug 15 Victim part one 22
Anyone Remember The Donna Yaklich Trial? (Mar '12) Aug 12 LIChick 30
New Teacher at Pueblo Dist. 60 has questionable... (Oct '12) Aug 11 well well 9
Thank you D60!! (Dec '13) Aug 4 hare 11
Students Shoot Rifles For A Class Aug 3 Richies Cool Man ... 2
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Aug 2 pacostacos 287
Review: Mozo's Great American Hero Aug 1 Robert 1
•••
•••
•••
Pueblo Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pueblo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••