Lowes

Posted in the Princeton Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 23, 2010
 
Are there any good workers there ?
you know

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 23, 2010
 
yes there are some good workers there
Rascal

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 2, 2010
 
Well it sure isan't the so called Manager in the Pctn store. He apparently gets paid the big bucks because everyone else is doing his job making him look good. Everytime I have been in the store he is "socializing" up front with the female employees. The asst manager that has the hair full of hairspray is helpful but seems to always be stressed out. The red headed female manager is useless, she runs from us customers. The dark headed Manager that runs himself to death is very helpful and willing to go out of his way to help... The only problem is everyone else knows he will help and wants him to help them and he is always being called over the intercom for assistants needed somewhere else in the store. I have also noticed as far as the other employees throughout the store their work ethics depends on the manager there. I have always been greeted in front of the desk at tools by some nice heavy set young man, and a dark headed guy (Jim?) in pluming. Like any bussiness they need to just get rid of the ones that don't want to work or hide behind someone else to do their jobs.
u know

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 2, 2010
 
i do agree with that.....i am an employee at that store and i do work my a$$ off when i am there but it seems like no matter what i do i get the sh*t end of the deal but i still love my job and the customers i serve
wondering

Cowen, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 4, 2010
 
yeah i heard they were laying off alot of their workers. is that true?
yep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 4, 2010
 
Yes I heard that they laid off like 20 people due to a slump in sales.
u know

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 5, 2010
 
the lay off is not due to the sales its from where they hired so many in the spring and no one quit and also some of them had bad attitudes and no work ethic so thats the reason...we have had pretty good sales everyday
i agree

Tarboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 13, 2010
 
Rascal wrote:
Well it sure isan't the so called Manager in the Pctn store. He apparently gets paid the big bucks because everyone else is doing his job making him look good. Everytime I have been in the store he is "socializing" up front with the female employees. The asst manager that has the hair full of hairspray is helpful but seems to always be stressed out. The red headed female manager is useless, she runs from us customers. The dark headed Manager that runs himself to death is very helpful and willing to go out of his way to help... The only problem is everyone else knows he will help and wants him to help them and he is always being called over the intercom for assistants needed somewhere else in the store. I have also noticed as far as the other employees throughout the store their work ethics depends on the manager there. I have always been greeted in front of the desk at tools by some nice heavy set young man, and a dark headed guy (Jim?) in pluming. Like any bussiness they need to just get rid of the ones that don't want to work or hide behind someone else to do their jobs.
I agree rascal but other than Philip the dark headed helpful manager and the Jim the assistant with all the hairspray(wich wouldn't be stressed if the Store manager Kevin did his own job) an a few select floor assiciates, they would have to shut it down because there would be no one to work if they fired the useless ones...
i disagree

Tarboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 13, 2010
 
u know wrote:
the lay off is not due to the sales its from where they hired so many in the spring and no one quit and also some of them had bad attitudes and no work ethic so thats the reason...we have had pretty good sales everyday
The lay offs are due to the face that they get big bonuses for having a low pay roll... So they get rid of people... Keep pay roll down and get bonuses while the other employees are expected to pick up the slack and the customes suffer because you can only work a few people so many hours... You end up with departments with no coverage sometimes for the whole day and other people that don't have a clue about that department is expected to take care of thoes customers... But they can't because they don't know enough about the products to give the correct information...
LAUGHING

Bowler, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 13, 2010
 
It is very difficult to get knowledgeable help at Lowes. If you do find someone to ask your question they are usually not sure and have to ask several others before they come up with a half ass answer to your question. Most visits to Lowe's that should take just a few minutes usually turns into at least an hour. Do the employees get any type of training in the departments they work in??? It seems like they just pick some inexperienced teenager and say ok you are in plumbing today and tomorrow you will be in electrical. How much do you think a teenager knows about pulumbing or electrical???
firefly

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 13, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

the problem with lowe's, like many other big box retail stores is that they pay part-time and lower tier full-time associates so little, they cannot afford anyone with expereince or knowledge of home improvements. take a store like citizen's in bluefield and you'll see the type of expert assistance you receive from well trained and well compensated employees.
hahahahaha

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 13, 2010
 
i disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
The lay offs are due to the face that they get big bonuses for having a low pay roll... So they get rid of people... Keep pay roll down and get bonuses while the other employees are expected to pick up the slack and the customes suffer because you can only work a few people so many hours... You end up with departments with no coverage sometimes for the whole day and other people that don't have a clue about that department is expected to take care of thoes customers... But they can't because they don't know enough about the products to give the correct information...
I agree with you. I worked for Lowes for awhile and i was put into a department that i had no knowledge of. They did not ask me questions like do know anything about installation of windows( which i do). I loved the real bossed out there but it seemed like i was over worked and under paid. If i could have those same bosses in a better paying job, that would be great, but they just put you where they can when you are hired. I didnt like all the gossiping at Lowes either, it was ridiculous. I tried my best to help every customer that i could though. But the job wasnt for me. But i did like some of the people that work there and will do business, shop there in the future.
LAUGHING

Bowler, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 14, 2010
 
I think they need a new commercial. Instead of putting a "T" at the end of the Lowe's sign to signify lowest prices they need to put an "S" at the front of it because they are extremely SLOW.

SLOWE's
agreed

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 14, 2010
 
LAUGHING wrote:
I think they need a new commercial. Instead of putting a "T" at the end of the Lowe's sign to signify lowest prices they need to put an "S" at the front of it because they are extremely SLOW.
SLOWE's
God, that's an old one.
Hello

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 14, 2010
 
It's a huge store and it's not only one person every hour wanting help. Most of the people there know what they are doing. I always go to the Princeton Lowes, the people there are friendly and polite and always ask me if I need help.
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 14, 2010
 
I love lowes, so much that I would fornicate with the big o on the sign if my man parts was big enough
Ugh

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 14, 2010
 
Why is it that during a forum some idiot like you has to post something childish and discusting.
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 15, 2010
 
Ugh wrote:
Why is it that during a forum some idiot like you has to post something childish and discusting.
because it's the Internet
LMAO

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 15, 2010
 
Ugh wrote:
Why is it that during a forum some idiot like you has to post something childish and discusting.
DISGUSTING.
worked there

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 15, 2010
 
I worked at this Lowe's and I loved the people I worked with, however the over all feeling of the employee's is that we do not get any support from our supervisors. Many do not enforce any type of rules and the store is like a bunch of kids running wild with no supervision. Some workers worked their butts off sometimes covering multiple depts while the other who actually were supposed to working those depts sat in the break room. Pretty much being employed there is like signing up for a dating show for some. I am glad to say I finished college so I could leave the madness. It all falls back on a store poorly ran by their manger.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Princeton Forum right now

Search the Princeton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
God's Not Dead!! 8 min ThePreacherman01 80
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 33 min Innocent Bystander 43,500
Keep a word, drop a word (May '12) 44 min honeymylove 1,993
Help finding Criminal Attorney 1 hr Curious 1
Mercer County Animal Control (Jul '12) 2 hr Billy Bob 17
Fat People Dont Need to Use Scooters at Walmarts (Jan '13) 2 hr merc 120
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 2 hr brashy fan club member 4 1,392
•••
•••
•••
•••

Princeton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Princeton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••