Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2014
Customer

White Sulphur Springs, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 24, 2014
 
Our first visit to Portabella's tonight! My husband and I have heard great things about it from our friends and we were excited about the food. We arrived shortly after 6:00 p.m., received our drinks, and placed our order. As of 7:00 we still had received our food! No, the restaurant was not full; there were eleven tables with several people, but the restaurant was not full. We left at 7:00. That is not the impression you want the community to have about your new business in downtown Bluefield. The food might be great, but the servers were not and the experience was not the best.
1 post removed
tax break for someone

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 24, 2014
 
yet.....it's still open.
Just Curious

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 24, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Their food is great, but I agree their waitresses are pitiful. They run around like a bunch of chickens with it's head cut off, some people get waited on quickly and some sit forever. My suggestion would be for someone to sit the people and assign the waitresses to certain areas, instead of running around like their crazy and overlooking customers. They also need to stay off those cell phones every time they go by the front to check their messages, and worry about the people. It wouldn't hurt to have someone clean the tables off as people leave, last week there was a kid about 10 yrs old cleaning tables helping her mom out.
trying to understand

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Customer wrote:
Our first visit to Portabella's tonight! My husband and I have heard great things about it from our friends and we were excited about the food. We arrived shortly after 6:00 p.m., received our drinks, and placed our order. As of 7:00 we still had received our food! No, the restaurant was not full; there were eleven tables with several people, but the restaurant was not full. We left at 7:00. That is not the impression you want the community to have about your new business in downtown Bluefield. The food might be great, but the servers were not and the experience was not the best.
It looks like you said at 7 you "had received your food" and meant "hadn't" received your food. I'm not worried about typographical errors or grammatical mistakes or anything like that. I just want to make sure whether you are saying you did in fact get your food or not!

Because it says that you also left at 7. And said that the food was good. Therefore it looks like you said you got your food by 7, left at 7, and the food was good.

But then you said bad things so I'm assuming that you did NOT get your food but did get to try their food on some other occasion, or heard that the food was good? I do understand that you didn't think the service was good, so I believe that's what your point is...
bianca

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 25, 2014
 
Went there to eat several months ago & the sign on the door said open.
Went to door & knocked, no 1, so got in my car & left. As I was at the red light saw a person come running out trying to flag me down.
Shouldn't have "open" on door if door is in fact NOT OPEN!
Is that "broke down" enough to understand?!
trying to understand

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

unless you left at 8 and accidentally said 7? interested in hearing more about it...
trying to understand

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bianca, I was addressing the original poster. Your story looks different than the original so I believe you are someone different. And no, your story is not hard to understand. I was trying to make sense of the original poster because it sounded interesting; not that yours doesn't.
crissie

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 25, 2014
 
trying to understand wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like you said at 7 you "had received your food" and meant "hadn't" received your food. I'm not worried about typographical errors or grammatical mistakes or anything like that. I just want to make sure whether you are saying you did in fact get your food or not!
Because it says that you also left at 7. And said that the food was good. Therefore it looks like you said you got your food by 7, left at 7, and the food was good.
But then you said bad things so I'm assuming that you did NOT get your food but did get to try their food on some other occasion, or heard that the food was good? I do understand that you didn't think the service was good, so I believe that's what your point is...
read it again stupid
drinking banker

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

If all your concerned with is customer service sit your fat ass at home and order delivery, all people do is complain and we the workers are sick and tired of the rude complaining customers, stay home if you don't like it stay home or you may get a salad bowl on your head next time with extra Italian dressing
frequent customer

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 25, 2014
 
I've never had anything but good service there. I have been there when it's dead and when it's busy. Customer, do you work for Angelos or the Italian Villa?
Customer

White Sulphur Springs, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 25, 2014
 
Come on frequent customer! I live in Princeton and I am not nor have I ever been an employee of Angelos or the Italian Villa. I work 5 days a week and my husband and I decided to try the restaurant.

Let me correct my original post. We did not receive our food; we left at 7:00 p.m. The other customers food looked great!! But first impressions, they need better servers. We will probably give them another chance.

Hope I've cleared up my original post. We did not receive our food...so we left.
Truestory

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

I thought it was overpriced and just average, nothing special....We were told it was good and had to try. Probably will not go back, wife's pasta is just as good. Cuzz's will be open soon enough!
1 post removed
understanding better

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 26, 2014
 
Customer wrote:
Come on frequent customer! I live in Princeton and I am not nor have I ever been an employee of Angelos or the Italian Villa. I work 5 days a week and my husband and I decided to try the restaurant.
Let me correct my original post. We did not receive our food; we left at 7:00 p.m. The other customers food looked great!! But first impressions, they need better servers. We will probably give them another chance.
Hope I've cleared up my original post. We did not receive our food...so we left.
Thank you! I had to patiently wade through some ugly trolls remarks (including being called stupid?) when I asked for clarification, but it was worth waiting for your response. Interesting stories about this place.......
R MacDonald

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 26, 2014
 
Customer wrote:
Come on frequent customer! I live in Princeton and I am not nor have I ever been an employee of Angelos or the Italian Villa. I work 5 days a week and my husband and I decided to try the restaurant.
Let me correct my original post. We did not receive our food; we left at 7:00 p.m. The other customers food looked great!! But first impressions, they need better servers. We will probably give them another chance.
Hope I've cleared up my original post. We did not receive our food...so we left.
Can't say that I disagree with your actions. Would have done the same thing. Their food is good. Need to tighten the ship a bit.
never you mind

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 26, 2014
 
understanding better wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! I had to patiently wade through some ugly trolls remarks (including being called stupid?) when I asked for clarification, but it was worth waiting for your response. Interesting stories about this place.......
oh just typical Autumn People no need to worry about what they say...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 24 min hillbilly 56,581
I'm sick of these morans that post here 36 min tate 25
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana 49 min tate 145
Rob thayer (Jan '13) 51 min tate 44
David jr/ green Valley fire dept 1 hr stand up for your... 4
Educational deficit West Virginia needs proac... (Aug '07) 1 hr tate 2
Amerika 1 hr amerika 3

Search the Princeton Forum:
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Mercer County was issued at August 22 at 3:35PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Princeton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Princeton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Princeton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Princeton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••