Concerned Citizen

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

The trial of Jason and Gladys Dickerson is due to begin soon. For those who are unfamiliar with this case...just a few facts you might want to know. Social services took these three children from their no-good addicted parents. Instead of doing a through background check, they put these precious children with this murderous couple. The children begged the day care not to send them back to this home, the staff made the report to social services as they were supposed to do. Jason beat the 2 year little boy to death...what do you think Brent Turner will do? They deserve the death penalty but will probably get off with 'time served'...please ppl make your voice heard for these babies....we must also hold social services accountable. TWO major newspapers in the state are covering this trial as well as the AG's office. Call the commonwealth attorney's office and demand Brent not settle for less than a life sentence!!!
Tam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

They should give them the death penalty. Being an addict has nothing to do with taking the life of a child. Addicts are sick people that need help. People that kill children are just monsters that deserve death. I guarantee you they get a lesser sentence than a drug trafficker.
Missy West

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Tam wrote:
They should give them the death penalty. Being an addict has nothing to do with taking the life of a child. Addicts are sick people that need help. People that kill children are just monsters that deserve death. I guarantee you they get a lesser sentence than a drug trafficker.
I couldn't agree more, we need to hold the people who are supposed to be protecting the children accountable....there should be heads roll over this case, no child deserves to be put in a home where they are going to be abused. We have got to stop turning our heads and think it will go away. Thank you to(concerned citizen) for putting the facts out.
mryellowgold

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Here's were we need to bring back public hanging...
And have it on every T.V.channel for all to see...
Concerned Citizen

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Hey, I like the public hanging idea. No, they will be kept in jail where they 3 hots and a cot...no voice for the children. Say day when there are not enough good foster care homes for all abused and neglected children. I don't understand why these women keep having these children if they are not going to take care of them. Heck far, birth control is free at the health department. I bet if they had one by natural childbirth they wouldn't have but one!
gman

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Concerned Citizen wrote:
The trial of Jason and Gladys Dickerson is due to begin soon. For those who are unfamiliar with this case...just a few facts you might want to know. Social services took these three children from their no-good addicted parents. Instead of doing a through background check, they put these precious children with this murderous couple. The children begged the day care not to send them back to this home, the staff made the report to social services as they were supposed to do. Jason beat the 2 year little boy to death...what do you think Brent Turner will do? They deserve the death penalty but will probably get off with 'time served'...please ppl make your voice heard for these babies....we must also hold social services accountable. TWO major newspapers in the state are covering this trial as well as the AG's office. Call the commonwealth attorney's office and demand Brent not settle for less than a life sentence!!!
bit¢h how do you know jason killed him and that gladys didnt were you there did you see it happen tell me are you one of them pysics or did you havr a dream tell me how do you know
a court house

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Concerned Citizen, lots of luck in getting Brent Turner to take this case to trial....this is only one of many many cases he should be prosecuting....you will get a stiffer sentence for neglecting an animal than committing child abuse, only Floyd County!
Your wrong. Brent Turner is recognized by the KSP, the FBI, and Unite as the most aggressive prosecutor in east ky. He has had two death penalty convictions, three (maybe more) with life without parole. Most Commonwealth attorney;s never get one in a life time. and the reason you see a lot of pleas is he has got so many big sentences, the cases plead out , afraid to go to trial. don't believe everything you hear. Just the other day the Floyd County Times reported that the driver in the DUI homicide got a 10n year plea deal. What they didn't say is he got two ten years sentences to be served consecutive, which means 10+10 years. The man will not be eligible for parole for 17years and probably will serve the whole 20.

This child murder case will be tried. But the crime does not qualify for the death penalty under ky law. The law lists what type of crimes can be eligible for the death penalty, like killing when under a domestic protection order or a double homicide. Murdering a child is not one of them. The max is life for both the man and the woman, eligible for parole in twenty five years.
Concerned Citized

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

a court house wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wrong. Brent Turner is recognized by the KSP, the FBI, and Unite as the most aggressive prosecutor in east ky. He has had two death penalty convictions, three (maybe more) with life without parole. Most Commonwealth attorney;s never get one in a life time. and the reason you see a lot of pleas is he has got so many big sentences, the cases plead out , afraid to go to trial. don't believe everything you hear. Just the other day the Floyd County Times reported that the driver in the DUI homicide got a 10n year plea deal. What they didn't say is he got two ten years sentences to be served consecutive, which means 10+10 years. The man will not be eligible for parole for 17years and probably will serve the whole 20.
This child murder case will be tried. But the crime does not qualify for the death penalty under ky law. The law lists what type of crimes can be eligible for the death penalty, like killing when under a domestic protection order or a double homicide. Murdering a child is not one of them. The max is life for both the man and the woman, eligible for parole in twenty five years.
....Maybe I read wrong, but did I read that murdering your spouse is less a crime than murdering your child, Lord help us. Also I am an avid reader of pretty much everything, didn't read where Brent got anyone 20 years on a DUI homicide....and I was always under the assumption that serving consecutively meant at the same time. So 10 + 10 would mean only one 10 year sentence. I will check that out w/ my attorney friend though, could be wrong.
Concerned Citized

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

gman wrote:
<quoted text>bit¢h how do you know jason killed him and that gladys didnt were you there did you see it happen tell me are you one of them pysics or did you havr a dream tell me how do you know
....OK, you got me there....the point is, these children were put into the custody of this couple...who were supposed to care for them. From what I read in the paper, the children revealed to the daycare workers they were being abused at this home and one was eventually murdered. They both should be hung in parking lot at the courthouse. The world needs to get rid of this scum, they do not deserve to breath air.
Concerned Citized

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Concerned Citized wrote:
<quoted text>....Maybe I read wrong, but did I read that murdering your spouse is less a crime than murdering your child, Lord help us. Also I am an avid reader of pretty much everything, didn't read where Brent got anyone 20 years on a DUI homicide....and I was always under the assumption that serving consecutively meant at the same time. So 10 + 10 would mean only one 10 year sentence. I will check that out w/ my attorney friend though, could be wrong.
...I meant to say that murdering your spouse is MORE of a crime than murdering your child.....
A Friend of B T

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

mryellowgold wrote:
Here's were we need to bring back public hanging...
And have it on every T.V.channel for all to see...
...hey don't be so hard on Brent, he has some extra-curricular activities that he has had to contend with....give the man some space, he works really hard earning well over a hundred grand a year and traveling the state picking up awards!!!! you ppl I have never seen the like, get a life!
Lower Auxier

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

A Friend of B T wrote:
<quoted text>...hey don't be so hard on Brent, he has some extra-curricular activities that he has had to contend with....give the man some space, he works really hard earning well over a hundred grand a year and traveling the state picking up awards!!!! you ppl I have never seen the like, get a life!
...what about the man who almost killed that little girl from Auxier....he had been convicted of 5 DUI's and served less than a year, got out in Dec and then almost killed a 5 year old little girl in January...you guessed it, DUI again!!!!!!How do we as tax-paying citizens justify paying a commonwealth attorney over a $120,000 a year to do nothing but "plead down" a sentance!
court watcher

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Concerned Citized wrote:
<quoted text>....Maybe I read wrong, but did I read that murdering your spouse is less a crime than murdering your child, Lord help us. Also I am an avid reader of pretty much everything, didn't read where Brent got anyone 20 years on a DUI homicide....and I was always under the assumption that serving consecutively meant at the same time. So 10 + 10 would mean only one 10 year sentence. I will check that out w/ my attorney friend though, could be wrong.
I agree if should be a capitol case, but the law written by the legislature don't allow it. Killing your wife is not a death penalty case UNLESS you are under a court order not to go around her, which is a Protection Order issued by a judge. Two 10 year sentences CONSECUTIVELY means you serve one, then the other, for 20 total. If you serve CONCURRENTLY that means two 10 years are served at the same time, or 10 years. The case up on left beaver just a few weeks ago was 10 and 10 Consecutively, which the paper only reported as a 10 year. Main fact is the man will serve 10+10 which is 20. The paper seldom gets it right.
A Parent

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

court watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree if should be a capitol case, but the law written by the legislature don't allow it. Killing your wife is not a death penalty case UNLESS you are under a court order not to go around her, which is a Protection Order issued by a judge. Two 10 year sentences CONSECUTIVELY means you serve one, then the other, for 20 total. If you serve CONCURRENTLY that means two 10 years are served at the same time, or 10 years. The case up on left beaver just a few weeks ago was 10 and 10 Consecutively, which the paper only reported as a 10 year. Main fact is the man will serve 10+10 which is 20. The paper seldom gets it right.
....sure wish I was on this jury. Brent Turner should not plead this case, they deserve their day in court....if not in this world, they will burn in hell as well they should and all the ppl that are to blame for putting children in a home like this....
Lower Auxier

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Tam wrote:
....I agree with you over the hanging part, don't agree with you about addicts being sick ppl. If it is a sickness, then they chose to be sick. I don't care if they take drugs or whatever to kill themselves as they do every single day....just do it, get it over with...but don't abuse and neglect your children because you are an addict. This family that caused the children to be put into the Dickerson home are just as responsible for the death as the couple is, they did something to cause the children to be removed.. Point being, if you want to abuse, deal, and OD....don't bring innocent children into the world that you are not going to take care of.
just so sad

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Concerned Citizen, lots of luck in getting Brent Turner to take this case to trial....this is only one of many many cases he should be prosecuting....you will get a stiffer sentence for neglecting an animal than committing child abuse, only Floyd County!
I agree I know a couple that beat 2 toddler s pretty bad and because he knows people he only spent one day in jail and the mother is trying to get the kids back after she burned them and he beat them it is unreal they get to see the kids before they go back to court
pimp

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Concerned Citized wrote:
<quoted text>....OK, you got me there....the point is, these children were put into the custody of this couple...who were supposed to care for them. From what I read in the paper, the children revealed to the daycare workers they were being abused at this home and one was eventually murdered. They both should be hung in parking lot at the courthouse. The world needs to get rid of this scum, they do not deserve to breath air.
thats the biggest problem you oh so smart people read way to much and listen way to little concurent means together consective means back to back and another thing there is no such thing as a fair trial in this oh so wonderful state we call home with people like some of the people on here doing the judging and sentancing way before all the facts are known thats all some of you want to do is talk shit about all this stuff but i bet if the shoe was on the other foot it wouldnt be so easy to do the judging now would it thats all i here i read this and i read that well let me tell you a little secret i happen to know both of these people and the wife is the most capable of doing something like this plus jason was at work in grundy va when this occured where he stayed during the week in a hotel he worked for massey energy i know this for a fact because i had talked to him on several different occasions when he was away from home so there you go dont beleive me call alpha energy formerly massey they keep all kinds of records thank you do much
U r wrong

Betsy Layne, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Lower Auxier wrote:
<quoted text>...what about the man who almost killed that little girl from Auxier....he had been convicted of 5 DUI's and served less than a year, got out in Dec and then almost killed a 5 year old little girl in January...you guessed it, DUI again!!!!!!How do we as tax-paying citizens justify paying a commonwealth attorney over a $120,000 a year to do nothing but "plead down" a sentance!
The guy got 24 years!!!!!
PBurg Resident

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

pimp wrote:
<quoted text>thats the biggest problem you oh so smart people read way to much and listen way to little concurent means together consective means back to back and another thing there is no such thing as a fair trial in this oh so wonderful state we call home with people like some of the people on here doing the judging and sentancing way before all the facts are known thats all some of you want to do is talk shit about all this stuff but i bet if the shoe was on the other foot it wouldnt be so easy to do the judging now would it thats all i here i read this and i read that well let me tell you a little secret i happen to know both of these people and the wife is the most capable of doing something like this plus jason was at work in grundy va when this occured where he stayed during the week in a hotel he worked for massey energy i know this for a fact because i had talked to him on several different occasions when he was away from home so there you go dont beleive me call alpha energy formerly massTey they keep all kinds of records thank you do much
...in response to Pimp....your pen name says it all! You are so full of $hit; sounds like you and the murderer are staging an alibi....who knows you might have been in on it too.
Lower Auxier

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

U r wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy got 24 years!!!!!
...that is great; however it almost cost a life before he got anything....Kilbern should have never out with 5 DUI's....that child or no child should never have gone through that. If the Judicial system had done their job he would still be incarcerated...not got out and reoffended.....but that's a real proceutor!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Prestonsburg Forum right now

Search the Prestonsburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min curious 122,873
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min freelancehobo 138,759
Add a word drop a word (Aug '11) 8 min Jennifer Renee 2,833
Two Words 1 hr texas pete 565
Is Stumbo Using Tax Payers' Employee to Campaig... 1 hr Greg 7
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Ancient Wolf 81,213
all 8 people on topix cant sway an election 3 hr lol 11
•••
•••
•••
Prestonsburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••