Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,030)

Showing posts 80,581 - 80,600 of122,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Be born again by God/Christ. Hell is Hot and Eternity is Long.....
I guess Satan has my soul because I do not love money more than anything else, I do not hate EVERY ONE WHO IS DIFFERENT THAN I AM, I do NOT enjoy violence, and I do not fantasize about what my neighbors do in the privacy of their home.
The only monsters of this world are the followers of the Abrahamic cults.
defender

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You did not even attempt to argue my points, so I do not think you have any room to talk.
What point?...
defender

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What claim did I make that you think I cannot prove?

And prove to me god made a damned thing? I do not even expect proof, I do expect evidence though. I am sure you have no clue what the difference is.
Fact is, there is zero evidence a god exists. That is why religion brainwashes you to think blind faith is a good thing.
No really it's the so called great minds of today and their lack of evidence that gives me faith in God... The outright dishonesty of the evolutionist is overwhelming and the fact that they totally ignore scientific law speaks volumes about what kind of people they are...

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
What point?...
The points that you refuse to address because you can not face truth or fact. How come you did not say anything other than "Hell is hot blah blah blah" when I posted quotes from our founding fathers? Oh because it catches you in your illusions and distorts your fantasy?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
No really it's the so called great minds of today and their lack of evidence that gives me faith in God... The outright dishonesty of the evolutionist is overwhelming and the fact that they totally ignore scientific law speaks volumes about what kind of people they are...
If you say it enough it will still be bullshit
defender

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The points that you refuse to address because you can not face truth or fact. How come you did not say anything other than "Hell is hot blah blah blah" when I posted quotes from our founding fathers? Oh because it catches you in your illusions and distorts your fantasy?
No because I know about American history and know it when someone is being misquoted out of context... You in the other hand know only what you see on YouTube ... You are weak minded and easily taken in... You have researched nothing... So what's the point?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been waiting patiently for you to state your version of prehistory and provide a basis for it besides "the Bible told me so."

Typically all you do is try to discredit science theory with false assumptions, unsupported allegations and empty recriminations.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
No because I know about American history and know it when someone is being misquoted out of context... You in the other hand know only what you see on YouTube ... You are weak minded and easily taken in... You have researched nothing... So what's the point?
Since I posted a link to my source of information I did not take anything out of context, and the link I posted did not go to youtube so try to defame some other source of information. You know that the founding fathers where against the christian cult having any authority but when show proof your lies evaporate so you must try to defame the source. Keep your head in the sand and keep saying "I believe, I believe" maybe Tinkerbell will come back to life.....

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
defender wrote:
<quoted text>No because I know about American history and know it when someone is being misquoted out of context... You in the other hand know only what you see on YouTube ... You are weak minded and easily taken in... You have researched nothing... So what's the point?
WOW.
I hardly know where to start. You appear to be as lost in doing research as you are in understanding science.
Remember when you posted a youtube link back in post #83603? Here, I'll make it easier for everybody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

You didn't even know that "Rebuttal to "The Fake Ape-Men The Evolution Conspiracy"" was a PRO-evolution video, then y'all harp at OUR veracity, credibility and abilities to reason and research?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! You got it right!
"It started from something that had Zero size..."
Now.... do you want to know HOW?
Be careful... Ifn ya say Goddidit that means you agree that the Universe started with the BB and evolved from there... You can't agree with the BB and all the beGetten stuff too...
Yes and Amen

Salt Lick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Top O the Day... Just got back from a nice ride through the back roads... Wish you and yours the best of days...
Were you around Clay city, Stanton/Natural Bridge?
I saw a Biker that looked a lot like you, so I waved! LOL
I wave at all ya... LOL
Yes and Amen

Salt Lick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Crap... I screwed up... I moved your pawn to K4 instead of K3 before I made the K move... Bye Bye K... Another fine mess I got myself into...
QK to QB3
NP, we can restart
See how this is done defender? Of course doing this online lets every one see the moves....Just saying
It also lets the players study best moves behind the scenes...
Not cheat proof!
Thats what defender pointed out!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

Ayreshire:wrote
Albuquerque, NM post#34550

While Westerners tend to think that all religions encourage some form of the golden rule, Sharia teaches two systems of ethics - one for Muslims and another for non-Muslims. Building on tribal practices of the seventh century, Sharia encourages the side of humanity that wants to take from and subjugate others.

While Westerners tend to think in terms of religious people developing a personal understanding of and relationship with God, Sharia advocates executing people who ask difficult questions that could be interpreted as criticism.

It's hard to imagine, that in this day and age, Islamic scholars agree that those who criticize Islam or choose to stop being Muslim should be executed. Sadly, while talk of an Islamic reformation is common and even assumed by many in the West, such murmurings in the Middle East are silenced through intimidation.

While Westerners are accustomed to an increase in religious tolerance over time, Darwish explains how petro dollars are being used to grow an extremely intolerant form of political Islam in her native Egypt and elsewhere.

In twenty years, there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. to elect the President by themselves! Rest assured they will do so... You can look at how they have taken over several towns in the USA. Dearborn Mich. is one... and there are others.

I think everyone in the U.S. should be required to read this, but with the ACLU, there is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us sends it on!

It is too bad that so many are disillusioned with life and Christianity to accept Muslims as peaceful.... some may be but they have an army that is willing to shed blood in the name of Islam, the peaceful support the warriors with their finances and own kind of patriotism to their religion. While America is getting rid of Christianity from all public sites and erasing God from the lives of children, the Muslims are planning a great jihad on America .

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TB2GI1T...
Yes and Amen

Salt Lick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I like Chick-Fil-A's product, and they don't discriminate against hiring gays or serving gays. Where I have a problem with them is that they (and Dan Cathy) are the "job producers" that get tax breaks, but the company gives (that) money to quasi-religious organizations that do absolutely nothing for the economy.
On top of that, they commit fraud in the case of the Muppet toys. If "corporations are people", why do they shirk their duty to "render unto Caesar" and to follow the 9th Commandment?
Could it possibly be that we are not hearing all the truth behind it?
I heard what Cathy said! He said Nothing against his beliefs, but to hear the left tell it... you'd think he called them all nast names, and demaned they stay out of his stores! No!
He stated his beliefs, using his constitutional rights... Nothing more!
Now... If the reacted so harshly over a statement...
could they not make up other stories to besmirch him?
Yes... they could, and would do it!
Even Rosanne Bar wishes ALL Chic-Fil-A EATERS would get cancer!
We know who the jerks are, and it's not us!
Yes and Amen

Salt Lick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it? The Egyptians have been travelling the Red Sea for over 5,000 years! Connect the dots - there are going to be artifacts.
He said there was NONE, ZERO, NADA!
God is real!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice... I wrote you something, too. Hope you like it!:)
YAA and Defender, Believer and Known Fact
"We're Blessed through Jesus!" raved.
They posted and ranted and rallied and panted
"God is real! You must be saved!
"Through Christ we are strong! The Big Bang is wrong!
'Tis the Devil that makes you depraved!
ToE is malign, but we toe the line!
To the Bible, we've behaved,
To Satan we are shut! no ifs, ands or buts!"
But when they were judged, the icons ne'er budged
from Spam, Clueless and NUTS.
***applauds***
Nicely done!
Yes and Amen

Salt Lick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Really? They are not that high? Prove it?
"99.999999? of scientists on the planet are in defiance of the statistical probabilities of evolution?"
You forgot the Scientists that believe in ID...
Oh wait! I forgot you do not count them as Scientists just
because They can see the creator in His Creation...
So I guess your right 99.999999% of your numb-skulls are in defiance of the statistacl probabilities...
124^10 Against it happening by chance, and by Science standards
Astronomically IMPOSSIBLE!
But accepted to try to prove God don't exist!
I'll let you in on a lil secret... He does!
Yes and Amen

Salt Lick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Were you there? By your logic, you cannot know if any of the bible is true because you were not there. By your logic, you cannot know anything you cannot see personally in your life.
Fact is, you have poor logical reasoning. Poor logical reasoning is all I see in your posts. Poor logical reasoning of holy books, is the evidence that religion is not of a real god.
You don't even have enough Logic skill to know you cannot use anything against God!
You go ahead, n believe anything you want too...
God is real!
Yes and Amen

Salt Lick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not tie my business with my personal political opinions. If I did, I would fully expect any potential customers to reject my services due to them.
In capitalism, it is not expected of the consumer to support every business. Each business must earn its customers. If they give a poor product or as in this case, make political statements and give money in the name of the company to endeavors you feel are not appropriate, you have full right to not buy from them.
I like to eat at more locally owned businesses anyway. Not just American owned, but owned by people in my community. I even look for businesses that use locally made products. This keeps the local economy going strong and is also better for our environment.
JC Penny is a store full of products made outside America. Supporting such a store is not helping our economy, it hurts it compared to shopping for made in America products sold in a locally owned store.
Americans vote with their dollar. If you vote blindly, as it looks like you do, then chaos will ensue. We are feeling that effect now in our economy. If more Americans voted more carefully with their dollars, our economy would certainly be better.
I did not know JCP sell a lot of foreign products, as their prices are hefty compared to Wal-Mart! You do remember my stance on wally world?
I hate buying their cheap foreign crap, but... My point is... Local people work at these places, they pay their bills with that money... even though it would be more if wal-mart bought locally...
it's still money coming in!
I think EVERY company that moved it's production out of the US should be banned, or fined to bring it back in...
It doesn't really matter at all now...
juggalo

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Could it possibly be that we are not hearing all the truth behind it?
I heard what Cathy said! He said Nothing against his beliefs, but to hear the left tell it... you'd think he called them all nast names, and demaned they stay out of his stores! No!
He stated his beliefs, using his constitutional rights... Nothing more!
Now... If the reacted so harshly over a statement...
could they not make up other stories to besmirch him?
Yes... they could, and would do it!
Even Rosanne Bar wishes ALL Chic-Fil-A EATERS would get cancer!
We know who the jerks are, and it's not us!
Well both sides pull the same stuff I seem to remember this past Christmas my Facebook page was always covered with people wanting to boycott certain stores because they said "happy holidays " instead of "merry christmas" ..every day there would be a long list of stores that people should avoid ..here's the thing these businesses are how these folks make their living ..I find it very low to cut into someone's livelihood just because you don't agree with their views ,or they don't greet customers to the liking of a certain group , it goes along the same line as forcing religious beliefs on someone

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,581 - 80,600 of122,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Prestonsburg Forum right now

Search the Prestonsburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Must See: Stevie Little Document Bans Him From ... 5 min Not Stevie Little 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min RayOne 138,782
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 11 min Mississippi Man 81,215
Add a word drop a word (Aug '11) 21 min Jennifer Renee 2,836
The Alphabet Game. (Nov '12) 24 min Jennifer Renee 1,367
Ashley Laferty For Circuit Judge 24 min Country Girl 50
Double Letter Word Game (Aug '12) 29 min Jennifer Renee 1,526
•••
•••
•••
•••

Prestonsburg Jobs

•••
•••