Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
80,581 - 80,600 of 130,427 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Really? They are not that high? Prove it?
"99.999999? of scientists on the planet are in defiance of the statistical probabilities of evolution?"
You forgot the Scientists that believe in ID...
Oh wait! I forgot you do not count them as Scientists just
because They can see the creator in His Creation...
So I guess your right 99.999999% of your numb-skulls are in defiance of the statistacl probabilities...
124^10 Against it happening by chance, and by Science standards
Astronomically IMPOSSIBLE!
But accepted to try to prove God don't exist!
I'll let you in on a lil secret... He does!
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Were you there? By your logic, you cannot know if any of the bible is true because you were not there. By your logic, you cannot know anything you cannot see personally in your life.
Fact is, you have poor logical reasoning. Poor logical reasoning is all I see in your posts. Poor logical reasoning of holy books, is the evidence that religion is not of a real god.
You don't even have enough Logic skill to know you cannot use anything against God!
You go ahead, n believe anything you want too...
God is real!
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not tie my business with my personal political opinions. If I did, I would fully expect any potential customers to reject my services due to them.
In capitalism, it is not expected of the consumer to support every business. Each business must earn its customers. If they give a poor product or as in this case, make political statements and give money in the name of the company to endeavors you feel are not appropriate, you have full right to not buy from them.
I like to eat at more locally owned businesses anyway. Not just American owned, but owned by people in my community. I even look for businesses that use locally made products. This keeps the local economy going strong and is also better for our environment.
JC Penny is a store full of products made outside America. Supporting such a store is not helping our economy, it hurts it compared to shopping for made in America products sold in a locally owned store.
Americans vote with their dollar. If you vote blindly, as it looks like you do, then chaos will ensue. We are feeling that effect now in our economy. If more Americans voted more carefully with their dollars, our economy would certainly be better.
I did not know JCP sell a lot of foreign products, as their prices are hefty compared to Wal-Mart! You do remember my stance on wally world?
I hate buying their cheap foreign crap, but... My point is... Local people work at these places, they pay their bills with that money... even though it would be more if wal-mart bought locally...
it's still money coming in!
I think EVERY company that moved it's production out of the US should be banned, or fined to bring it back in...
It doesn't really matter at all now...
juggalo

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Could it possibly be that we are not hearing all the truth behind it?
I heard what Cathy said! He said Nothing against his beliefs, but to hear the left tell it... you'd think he called them all nast names, and demaned they stay out of his stores! No!
He stated his beliefs, using his constitutional rights... Nothing more!
Now... If the reacted so harshly over a statement...
could they not make up other stories to besmirch him?
Yes... they could, and would do it!
Even Rosanne Bar wishes ALL Chic-Fil-A EATERS would get cancer!
We know who the jerks are, and it's not us!
Well both sides pull the same stuff I seem to remember this past Christmas my Facebook page was always covered with people wanting to boycott certain stores because they said "happy holidays " instead of "merry christmas" ..every day there would be a long list of stores that people should avoid ..here's the thing these businesses are how these folks make their living ..I find it very low to cut into someone's livelihood just because you don't agree with their views ,or they don't greet customers to the liking of a certain group , it goes along the same line as forcing religious beliefs on someone
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Your post lack any substance. You repeat saying "your wrong", "god is real", with out saying much else.
If you keep saying god is real over and over even you may come to believe that to be true.
IF your version of god was indeed real he would not be worthy of worship.
Wrong!
But do go ahead and believe what you want!
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Being told by men that god is real does not show god is real. What kind of logic are you using? Mob rule? If the majority of humans believed in the Muslim religion, would you then follow it? Might does not make right.
By your logic, you are just not looking for Mohammed enough.
Hahahaha!
I thought even you'd know better than that!
If you want proof of God... you'd better start looking!
We haven't got that much time left!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

One of my favorites from butcher holler kentucky

A moment of zen y'all

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Could it possibly be that we are not hearing all the truth behind it?
I heard what Cathy said! He said Nothing against his beliefs, but to hear the left tell it... you'd think he called them all nast names, and demaned they stay out of his stores! No!
He stated his beliefs, using his constitutional rights... Nothing more!
Now... If the reacted so harshly over a statement...
could they not make up other stories to besmirch him?
Yes... they could, and would do it!
Even Rosanne Bar wishes ALL Chic-Fil-A EATERS would get cancer!
We know who the jerks are, and it's not us!
The first thing I have to say is that I don't care anything about what Rosanne Barr says, or most other celebrities.
I agree that it is Dan Cathy's right to say whatever he wants, just as it is those other celebrities, and I don't have to listen to him either.
What I DID say is that I don't think it's right for corporations that get tax breaks (and they do, believe me) to send money off to the likes of James Dobson. If Cathy wants to send his own paycheck, it's a little more ethical, even though his income puts him in the "job producer" category, too.
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the numbers probably are that high, since many Creationist "scientists" hold honorary and/or diploma mill degrees and most of the rest excuse themselves from objectivity.
The new conjecture biblical scholars have come up with on the Red Sea (because there isn't any evidence) is that the Exodus was more northerly across the shallows of the "Reed Sea" where the armed soldiers and chariots couldn't get through. A "parting of the waters" would have described an area between Lake Timsah and Lake Ballah or Great Bitter Lake. Geographically as well as strategically, this makes much more sense than for the Jews to march out of their way toward a body of water they couldn't cross without boats.
Reading the Bible... they were lead by a column of smoke by day, fire by night... Let's NOT give God the benifit of the doubt that He took them to a place WHERE God's Glory would be best displayed... See... no one wants to think the creator of the universe could do something so simple as part a sea...
No... let's look for other explanations, and IF we don't find anything... let's make something up... because....
We cannot have God doing all He says He did!
Do you not see this in every publication, and educational program (He said w/a snicker) on TV....
Even when there is no need to tack "Billions of years" or the word "Evolution" on a subject... they do it time, and time again!
I was watching a thing about the Periodic table of elements...
Great show, but even they could not keep those concepts out...
As though it's programmed in their minds!
orange crush

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You don't even have enough Logic skill to know you cannot use anything against God!
You go ahead, n believe anything you want too...
God is real!
God is real? Now suppose you produce some concrete measurable scientific proof to back up this claim.
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How it shaped our nation can be told in history class. You are promoting bible study class.
And who says history classes do not speak of the Christian religion in relation to Americas founding? I am sure it is mentioned. Maybe not as much as you would wish, but we all have things we feel history classes do not speak enough of.
So unless you have changed your stance on bible study classes in public schools since I was gone, I stand by my statements.
Difference between Bible study class, and religion!
In case you forgot!
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We don't fear religions threats.
It's not a religious threat!
You just hide n watch... it all will come to pass...

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I did not know JCP sell a lot of foreign products, as their prices are hefty compared to Wal-Mart! You do remember my stance on wally world?
I hate buying their cheap foreign crap, but... My point is... Local people work at these places, they pay their bills with that money... even though it would be more if wal-mart bought locally...
it's still money coming in!
I think EVERY company that moved it's production out of the US should be banned, or fined to bring it back in...
It doesn't really matter at all now...
Retailers (Wal-mart and Chick-Fil-A for example)don't do a great deal to manufacture a product that boosts the GNP. Most of their employment and product is in domestic sales.
Local people work at these places, but the profits still end up in Benton and Atlanta. Whatever way you slice it, that money is exported from local economies.
As far as whether the products are US or foreign, read the label - it usually tells you. I routinely look for and buy American made merchandise. If I have to pay a couple bucks more for something that's going to last a few years, it's worth it to me.
I don't often buy or boycott based on the latest media hype, but in my book, Ralph Lauren struck out when he had the Olympic uniforms made in China. That ticks me off more than Cathy does.
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>In Marvel comics # 14 it says Superman is from Krypton.....
The bible also says that the heavens separate the waters because the goat herders thought that is what surrounded the flat earth.
So how come god got that one wrong? Why didn't god know the earth was round?
And scientific observation has not found any thing floating above the clouds.....
WRONG again!
Please tell me HOW I am wrong, and WHAT I am wrong about.
Ok!
But this will probably cause an overload of your synapse, so ya better be seated!
Do you really think that people who sleep most of the time, under the stars know nothing of them???
trek over mountains, and not see the curvature of the horizon???
Facts are these... You do not want there to be a God to answer to... Plain n simple!
Read Romans 1!
Again with feeling this time!
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Are dogs wolves? Dogs evolved from wolves, yet they are not wolves.
Again, your logic fails. The idea of god makes all your logic fail.
'Prove' they came from wolves!
They came after their KIND... just as You did!
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Dipstick!
They are STILL viruses!
Just as humans, dogs, cows, or anything...
They will never be anything else!
Never happened, never will!
Are dogs wolves? Dogs evolved from wolves, yet they are not wolves.
Again, your logic fails. The idea of god makes all your logic fail.
The fact that they have changed is proof that the theory of evolution may be correct. The only proof of your god is YAA repeating "god is real, god is real, god is real"
Wrong again!
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Textbook cop out response. Clearly you have no answer.
Wrong!
orange crush

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Ok!
But this will probably cause an overload of your synapse, so ya better be seated!
Do you really think that people who sleep most of the time, under the stars know nothing of them???
trek over mountains, and not see the curvature of the horizon???
Facts are these... You do not want there to be a God to answer to... Plain n simple!
Read Romans 1!
Again with feeling this time!
Ship's captains could see the "curvature of the horizon" and still feared dropping off the edge of Earth.

American Indian tribes slept under that stars and thought they were the campfires of their ancestors.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Reading the Bible... they were lead by a column of smoke by day, fire by night... Let's NOT give God the benifit of the doubt that He took them to a place WHERE God's Glory would be best displayed... See... no one wants to think the creator of the universe could do something so simple as part a sea...
No... let's look for other explanations, and IF we don't find anything... let's make something up... because....
We cannot have God doing all He says He did!
PIFFLE! "He took them to a place WHERE God's Glory would be best displayed" You reduce God to a carny showman? Are you a Pharaoh, demanding miracles of God for proof and amusement? Moses had already done that - God didn't need to set a stage for more theatrics.
If I were in a crowd of escaped slaves running for our collective lives do you think I would run toward a bonfire? "HERE I AM! HERE I AM!"
I never said they didn't find artifacts in the Red Sea - I said they were likely to - just not the ones you WISH were there. BIBLE SCHOLARS are the ones that came up with the much more likely scenario that Moses led them between the lakes - take it up with them!

"We cannot have God doing all He says He did!"
40 MEN wrote the Bible, COMMITTEES assembled it.
What don't you understand about that?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Were you around Clay city, Stanton/Natural Bridge?
I saw a Biker that looked a lot like you, so I waved! LOL
I wave at all ya... LOL
Nope, wasn't me... Now he thinks your hittin on him....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Prestonsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Prestonsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Prestonsburg News, Events & Info