Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,592

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
rollback

Livonia, MI

#84147 Jul 30, 2012
So its alright to teach about being gay but not about Christ. Boy. Oh boy somethings wrong.
defender

United States

#84148 Jul 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So all the scientists are liars and stupid? I see, and you are smarter and more honest than every scientist on the planet? I see.
And what part of this do you expect us to believe?
No most scientist are correct... It's the evolutionist who claim ToE is fact... Evolution is religion... I don't understand why that's so hard to accept?... I mean pulling human jaw bones out of socket to make them appear ape like... Pinning moths to tree stumps so their goofy experiment could work... Stanley Miller's exposed sham experiment... It goes on and on.. Why do you believe this crap?...
defender

United States

#84149 Jul 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you think all these scientist are in defiance to probabilities? You are citing creationist lies. Science laughs at your claim. If evolution was statistically improbable, science would not claim it is true.
There is only a handful of scientists that believe in ID. A handful out of tens of thousands of scientists. Do the math.
Wrong yet again... Most scientist readily admit that the probabilities of life coming about by random chance is off the chart... It's the church of evolution that ignores this fact by refusing to give an origin for their theory...
jfresh

Carol Stream, IL

#84150 Jul 30, 2012
So, no.
Our founding fathers weren't religious.
They despised it (look it up)
Freedom of religion and state
Were not saying Christians can't be Christian, just don't waste my tax money to teach shitnyou should teach your own kids

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#84151 Jul 30, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
No most scientist are correct... It's the evolutionist who claim ToE is fact... Evolution is religion... I don't understand why that's so hard to accept?... I mean pulling human jaw bones out of socket to make them appear ape like... Pinning moths to tree stumps so their goofy experiment could work... Stanley Miller's exposed sham experiment... It goes on and on.. Why do you believe this crap?...
The only part you got right is "I don't understand", which is progress.
Well, there was this, too:

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84152 Jul 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Tisk tisk...
Jesus said to Love, as He Loved us!
He even washed the feet of the guy who He knew would betray Him...
That should teach you something, but I doubt it will!
Yeah, that part is bothersome - to people who employ logic. Killing one's self is considered "the ultimate sin", but when the apostles urged Jesus to head for the hills, he opted to become a martyr. Sure, the last thing he did was to commit his soul, but it doesn't change his intent of suicide by Herod and Caesar.
"That should teach you something, but I doubt it will!
defender

United States

#84153 Jul 30, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>The only part you got right is "I don't understand", which is progress.
Well, there was this, too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =S9am3mfaE6UXX
Propaganda ... Hey I got some ocean front property here in Corbin for sale and I've been lookin for a buyer like you!!.. Lol
defender

United States

#84154 Jul 30, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that part is bothersome - to people who employ logic. Killing one's self is considered "the ultimate sin", but when the apostles urged Jesus to head for the hills, he opted to become a martyr. Sure, the last thing he did was to commit his soul, but it doesn't change his intent of suicide by Herod and Caesar.
"That should teach you something, but I doubt it will!
Yes... It teaches us you know about as much about Jesus as you do about evolution... Not much...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84155 Jul 30, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong yet again... Most scientist readily admit that the probabilities of life coming about by random chance is off the chart... It's the church of evolution that ignores this fact by refusing to give an origin for their theory...
Wrong yet again... there is no "church of evolution." You seem to think that as you wear the rose colored glasses of religion, everyone else must wear tinted spectacles, too.
"...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Doyle

There is a man in Canada who has won the lottery 5 times - improbable? Very. You'd claim it statistically "off the chart", but fact is stranger than fiction. The truth is, odds do not stack, but they remain the same for each play only as long as nothing changes - and so it is with abiogenesis. Every second that conditions are almost right for it to occur might be either high or low, but almost is not dead on. However, conditions change slightly and continuously. Over the course of a half billion years the chances of conditions being EXACTLY right are incredibly good - especially when the entire surface of the Earth is the medium.
You claim that the probabilities of life without a Creator is "off the chart", but ID itself has INFINITELY lower odds.
juggalo

Spartanburg, SC

#84156 Jul 30, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Propaganda ... Hey I got some ocean front property here in Corbin for sale and I've been lookin for a buyer like you!!.. Lol
Corbin ..the place where they believe no one should have alcohol , no matter how responsible they are ...but EVERYONE should have a gun , no matter how irresponsible they are ...haha

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84157 Jul 30, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... It teaches us you know about as much about Jesus as you do about evolution... Not much...
Guffaw! I probably KNOW more about both than you do, I just don't FEEL more about them.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84158 Jul 30, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, wassamatter? You don't recognize YOUR OWN LINK?
Looking for a buyer like me? Did your church run off all the educated people and now they need a new target for Saturday nights?
Sorry bud, I can tell the difference between rattling pitchforks and ocean surf.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84159 Jul 30, 2012
So the question of teaching children the influence religion had on Art. Yes they should be taught how a controlling and ruling class only aloud APPROVED art so that they know that they can never allow religion to be an authority.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84160 Jul 30, 2012
Isnt it funny how god hates the same people the nut jobs hate and hates the same things that they hate as well?
It is almost like they made god up to justify their hate and to control people....

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84161 Jul 30, 2012
YAA, would you please explain this
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&am...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Heidrick, KY

#84162 Jul 30, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Corbin ..the place where they believe no one should have alcohol , no matter how responsible they are ...but EVERYONE should have a gun , no matter how irresponsible they are ...haha
Corbin went Wet so cut them some slack...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84163 Jul 30, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
Isnt it funny how god hates the same people the nut jobs hate and hates the same things that they hate as well?
It is almost like they made god up to justify their hate and to control people....
That's why I keep saying they put words in his mouth, but naturally they deny it.
God and I were talking the other day... He said he tried to tell them "I'm not the Diety you're looking for... Move along" but the voices in their heads shouted Him down. I TOLD Him it doesn't work on all life forms...
juggalo

Spartanburg, SC

#84164 Jul 30, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool when I was there you could only get alcohol in restaurants...its good to see they're moving on up

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84165 Jul 30, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
Something reminded that YaA is a FOXite and hates Obama.

My wife was telling me that her cousin, and elderly and mild woman, had a scare yesterday. A van was tailgating her and driving erratically. She could see that the driver was screaming at his windshield and flipping her off. She was frightened and pulled off to the left into a busy parking lot. The van stopped in the road and the man leaned out, calling her a "liberal whore" and an "Obama loving bitch" then squealed his tires as he drove off. Yes, she does have an Obama sticker on her car.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84166 Jul 30, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what's going to happen when the religiously repressed are allowed to go hog wild on a sinful pleasure!
SP, got any examples?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word drop a word (Aug '11) 5 min Analog man 4,308
Who will control sheriff John Hunt - Keith Bart... 8 min bluedogg1 16
lisa jerrell (Oct '13) 9 min psyco 17
lisa darby and her sister sally jarrell (Jun '09) 10 min psyco 152
online court dockets? (Jul '12) 1 hr Thanx 9
So happy I got out and away from pburg 1 hr Shaven 4
Conley Fork Bridge 8 hr haha 12
Prestonsburg Dating
Find my Match

Prestonsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Prestonsburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Prestonsburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:49 pm PST

NBC Sports12:49PM
Bengals kicker Nugent perfect since overtime miss - NBC Sports
ESPN12:58 PM
Bengals' Smith (torn triceps) goes on IR
Bleacher Report 8:54 PM
What Experts Are Saying About Bucs vs. Bengals?
NBC Sports 3:52 AM
Jason Avant compares himself to NBA great Tim Duncan
NBC Sports 7:03 AM
Report: Devon Still hasn't paid child support since July