Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 2,960)

Showing posts 59,181 - 59,200 of81,262
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66702
Aug 8, 2012
 
Just seen on the news, cats are the reason for the decline in the bird population. The average cat kills 2 birds a week. There are, on average, 86,000,000 cats in U.S. That is 172,000,000 birds a week, 8,944,000,000 consumed by cats. This does not factor in those cats that are above average, so the totals are higher. The poor birds have no chance.
qwerty

Louisville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66703
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tim Boomhauer wrote:
Just seen on the news, cats are the reason for the decline in the bird population. The average cat kills 2 birds a week. There are, on average, 86,000,000 cats in U.S. That is 172,000,000 birds a week, 8,944,000,000 consumed by cats. This does not factor in those cats that are above average, so the totals are higher. The poor birds have no chance.
When they outlaw cats....only outlaws will have cats....

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66704
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>When they outlaw cats....only outlaws will have cats....
They will have to pry mine from my cold dead hands!
wow

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66706
Aug 8, 2012
 
Craziness
meow

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66707
Aug 8, 2012
 
Tim Boomhauer wrote:
Just seen on the news, cats are the reason for the decline in the bird population. The average cat kills 2 birds a week. There are, on average, 86,000,000 cats in U.S. That is 172,000,000 birds a week, 8,944,000,000 consumed by cats. This does not factor in those cats that are above average, so the totals are higher. The poor birds have no chance.
Cats have been hunting and killing birds for years..the birds just don't stand a chance..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66708
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Say NO to Cats.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66709
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Censorship, gotta love it. Several page of troll free post, what an improvement. I bet I can even typo a word without a full on assault from the troll trenchs. A topic is a starting point for a conversation, and a good conversation may cover a multitude of topics along the way which is how this thread continues to grow, so thanks to the mods for the logic in stopping the abusive users.

Ok, so havea great day people.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66710
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Good morning everyone. Hope you all have a great day ahead of you! I'm reading and waiting for some positive daily inspiration... Anybody have a heaping dose to get me rolling along? I have a full day ahead. Nope is going to sleep well tonight from the way my day looks so far, hehe!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66711
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

I see that Rattlesnake Pete has an impostor and new stalker nipping at his tail. What's up with that mess?

Sorry Pete. Have you reported it? Some people just live to cause trouble. Makes ya wonder, if they'd put as much effort into something positive, how much better off the world would be?

Gotta go check the nesting boxes right now.. I feel like fresh eggs this morning for breakfast. Gonna boil the rest of what's in the fridge for "egg salet" later on today. And you all have me craving some corn on the cob now.. Local veggie stand, here we come!!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66712
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hempburn wrote:
Censorship, gotta love it. Several page of troll free post, what an improvement. I bet I can even typo a word without a full on assault from the troll trenchs. A topic is a starting point for a conversation, and a good conversation may cover a multitude of topics along the way which is how this thread continues to grow, so thanks to the mods for the logic in stopping the abusive users.
Ok, so havea great day people.
Morning to ya, Hemp!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66713
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hi AW! Didn't realize you weren't partial to cats, LOL!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66714
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hi AW! Didn't realize you weren't partial to cats, LOL!
I don't hate cats, but I don't love them either and just prefer they stay away from the birds.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66715
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I agree with you there. My cat is a strange one. Never has brought a bird home, but 'used' to bring me rodents. I say 'used' to because apparently he's too fat and happy now with all that Purina Cat Chow in his belly to bother being a real cat, hehe! Not that I mind, I love the birds I feed here. BTW, the hummingbirds are already hard at work flitting around my feeders this morning!! So awesome!!

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66716
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You're right Hempburn... I reckon I should use a little self control and not reply back to dumbchit.

This word censorship is a much more complicated word than it used to be back in the 70s and 80s. I'm pretty sure most of us know what it means. The meaning of the word harassment and the phrase "free speech" have both also been twisted over the years.

Now people refer to some harassment as expressing free speech.

And when someones "so called free speech" which is really "harassment" is quelled through moderation it is referred to as "censorship".

If that is indeed censorship then it looks like it must be a required and necessary part of forum life.

The folks that seem to be more broke up about it than anyone are the very ones that need...censored?
baron von fahrfrompoopin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66717
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>When they outlaw cats....only outlaws will have cats....
THAT is friggin hilarious!!! Bbbbbaaaahhhahahaha.
Bird Killer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66722
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

You guys did something to the Great One, didn't you?
The Una Farter Fan Club Livingston chapter is launching a full investigation into the whole sorted affair. Criminal charges may be pending.
This stupid thread is still on my home forum, and the Great one is gone. Such a travesty of twisted justice.
That's whats wrong with this country. People like you guys are not the solution, you're the problem.
One of the few people worth reading a word from is gone, but you nutz are still here.
We will get to the bottom of this.
Great One; If you're out there, we miss you Sir.
tinponyrider

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66724
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Aww yes, people came and people go. Found a dead Hummingbird the other day. LMFAO

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66725
Aug 8, 2012
 
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I see that Rattlesnake Pete has an impostor and new stalker nipping at his tail. What's up with that mess?
Sorry Pete. Have you reported it? Some people just live to cause trouble. Makes ya wonder, if they'd put as much effort into something positive, how much better off the world would be?
Gotta go check the nesting boxes right now.. I feel like fresh eggs this morning for breakfast. Gonna boil the rest of what's in the fridge for "egg salet" later on today. And you all have me craving some corn on the cob now.. Local veggie stand, here we come!!
Following me to this thread, he is like a little kid running out on a busy street to catch a ball. He has now exposed himself to the scrutiny of the Mods and is on "report".
Wombat

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66726
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Drama drama drama!

Can't people just cut up and laugh once in a while?

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66727
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Wombat wrote:
Drama drama drama!
Can't people just cut up and laugh once in a while?
For sure, they just need to do it in their own name.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,181 - 59,200 of81,262
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Prestonsburg Forum right now

Search the Prestonsburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Jay 139,100
Best Tanning in pburg 2 hr Curious 1
Stevie Little has gone to drug rehab how many t... 3 hr Wonder 8
vote buying 3 hr true true 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Known Fact 123,198
Tim Austin finally did it (Oct '13) 3 hr So what 48
Why is it that teenagers think they know more t... (Aug '10) 3 hr Luke Joseph Murphy 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Prestonsburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Prestonsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••