Hometown

Bristol, VA

#5390 Jul 23, 2012
We better grab on to coal. A winter is coming - regardless of who is elected to congress or president - and many, many aren't infrastructured for gas. EPA is shutting down coal from what I hear from those producers. Need change, but won't be in time for this winter.
Hometown

Bristol, VA

#5391 Jul 23, 2012
Automation may put coal miners out of work, but wouldn't shut down coal industry. Should make it more profitable, and thus, bigger. Your argument doesn't hold water.
Corey

Johnson City, TN

#5392 Jul 23, 2012
Supply and demand control the cost and production rates of coal. Less demand and much larger supply because of a very warm winter last year. Along with increasing use of natural gas, nuclear, and other forms of energy.

It is only a matter of time before another "buggy whip" business goes away. Griffith needs to help find other means of industry for the 9th district. Much the way Boucher did.
JoBob

Johnson City, TN

#5393 Jul 23, 2012
Hometown wrote:
We better grab on to coal. A winter is coming - regardless of who is elected to congress or president - and many, many aren't infrastructured for gas. EPA is shutting down coal from what I hear from those producers. Need change, but won't be in time for this winter.
EPA is not shutting them down. Coal companies want greater profits at all costs. All business owners want greater profits. Hell, if I didn't have to pay taxes I would be much more profitable (like Romney).
Earl

Brookneal, VA

#5394 Jul 23, 2012
jimbobbillybrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Your punctuation is terrible.
You are GAY! Warning! Stay out of Public Restrooms.
JoBob

Johnson City, TN

#5395 Jul 23, 2012
Earl wrote:
<quoted text> You are GAY! Warning! Stay out of Public Restrooms.
What is wrong with being GAY?
Saying

San Antonio, TX

#5396 Jul 23, 2012
Another question answered... JoBob is also gay!
Clayton

Buena Vista, VA

#5397 Jul 23, 2012
Corey wrote:
Supply and demand control the cost and production rates of coal. Less demand and much larger supply because of a very warm winter last year. Along with increasing use of natural gas, nuclear, and other forms of energy.
It is only a matter of time before another "buggy whip" business goes away. Griffith needs to help find other means of industry for the 9th district. Much the way Boucher did.
Um, what means of industry did Boucher bring? Tourism? Trading $25-$50/hour jobs for minimum wage fast food, sales clerk, and housekeeping jobs? Technology, where most communities don't even have 3G cell service? Help me understand what Boucher brought with all his years in DC.
Rob

Johnson City, TN

#5398 Jul 23, 2012
Keep investing in those buggy whips. Those $25-$50/hour coal mining jobs/blue collar jobs are gone. Maybe on an oil rig but gone from hillbillyville.
Earl

Max Meadows, VA

#5399 Jul 23, 2012
Clayton wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, what means of industry did Boucher bring? Tourism? Trading $25-$50/hour jobs for minimum wage fast food, sales clerk, and housekeeping jobs? Technology, where most communities don't even have 3G cell service? Help me understand what Boucher brought with all his years in DC.
Queerism?
Rob

Johnson City, TN

#5400 Jul 23, 2012
Earl wrote:
<quoted text> Queerism?
Your daddy new about that many years before Boucher.
Hamilton

San Jose, CA

#5401 Jul 23, 2012
Rob wrote:
Keep investing in those buggy whips. Those $25-$50/hour coal mining jobs/blue collar jobs are gone. Maybe on an oil rig but gone from hillbillyville.
Any geologist will tell you that there is a difference between methane ( CH4 ) and coal ( C or pure carbon ). Methane is the energy of the future, think about money and not history.
Earl

Max Meadows, VA

#5402 Jul 23, 2012
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>Your daddy new about that many years before Boucher.
Actually, he was straight until he met Boucher. That's when he learned about the (funny) side. Funny queer, not funny haha.
JoBob

Johnson City, TN

#5403 Jul 23, 2012
Earl wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, he was straight until he met Boucher. That's when he learned about the (funny) side. Funny queer, not funny haha.
What's wrong with being funny queer, haha?
Earl

Max Meadows, VA

#5404 Jul 23, 2012
JoBob wrote:
<quoted text>What's wrong with being funny queer, haha?
I know you have the answer.
JoBob

Johnson City, TN

#5405 Jul 23, 2012
Clayton wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, what means of industry did Boucher bring? Tourism? Trading $25-$50/hour jobs for minimum wage fast food, sales clerk, and housekeeping jobs? Technology, where most communities don't even have 3G cell service? Help me understand what Boucher brought with all his years in DC.
Don't tell that to Verizon ( http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLo... ) they think they have it all over our area. How many $50/hr jobs do you think there are in the 9th district? The top 10% wage earners in the country make that. I don't think anyone is creating those jobs anywhere in the universe.
Holly

Johnson City, TN

#5406 Jul 24, 2012
You can't strengthen the country by making wealthy people more wealthy. You have to make the middle class stronger. If the upper class "job creators" are getting huge tax breaks and making more money than they ever have, why aren't they creating jobs? You do understand that the people against everything the president has said in the last few years are the ones that are making the $millions every day. "Of course we should drill for more oil" not because it is good for the country but because it makes the owners more money. Sure we should do everything we can to pollute the drinking water without restrictions so the natural gas man can make more money....
Clayton

Buena Vista, VA

#5407 Jul 25, 2012
JoBob wrote:
<quoted text>Don't tell that to Verizon ( http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLo... ) they think they have it all over our area. How many $50/hr jobs do you think there are in the 9th district? The top 10% wage earners in the country make that. I don't think anyone is creating those jobs anywhere in the universe.
Where do you get your information? Verizon does not cover the ntire district, even though they received govt subsidy to put up lots of towers. As for $25-$50 an hour jobs, check welders, power company linemen, coal miners, auto manufacturers ...the top 10% wage earners would earn more than that in he time it takes to type this message. Please be educated - wait - if you were, you wouldn't be such a Boucher supporter.

Since: Jul 12

New York, NY

#5408 Jul 25, 2012
If you are a woman who believes that she deserves the best and nothing but the best, then check out your local community. This is the best online dating site dedicated to hot and wealthy sugar daddies and the women who desire them.
our website:== sugarloves.com =========
Baron

New York, NY

#5409 Jul 25, 2012
Clayton wrote:
<quoted text>
Please be educated - wait - if you were, you wouldn't be such a Boucher supporter.
L M a o

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jeff polly 1 hr didnt anyone tell ya 7
Chubby Chasers (Oct '13) Sun Boygeorge 22
Mel Sun Positive 6
Police dept Sat Mels fan 2
Kaitlyn Baker to Open for Travis Tritt, 9/28 Sep 20 Who cares 8
missing backhoe...... Sep 20 Mels fan 4
What ever happened to Jada Sturgill? Sep 18 lol 5
•••
•••
•••

Pound Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pound People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pound News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pound
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••