Comments
1 - 20 of 81 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2011
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Very Concerned

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 5, 2011
 
Funny how the City of Poteet can pay a car rental (Tahoe) and hotel room for the City Secretary to travel to Austin and deliver strawberries. Yet, the Police cars have bald tires and expired inspection stickers. Mayor, are you gonna do something about this or should we in May ?
mike

Bay City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 5, 2011
 
To who did poteet send strawberries. And how did you find out?
Georgia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 6, 2011
 
Hey, it wasn't just the city secretary !! It's also another clerk, the city administrator AND the mayor who went to Austin in that rented Tahoe, on the city's money, or rather, the taxpayers money. I'm sure with ALL expenses paid. This isn't the first time the taxpayers have paid for "trips". I heard the mayor and administrator have been to El Paso and Corpus Christi together, in fact, a friend from corpus said the administrator was actually in a golf tournament while on that trip to corpus "on city business". Could just be coincidence, right ????? Not sure who paid for this one, but the mayor also took a trip to Washington DC after she was elected and posted a photo of herself with Joe Biden on Facebook. Supposedly some type of Mayors conference, so I would only assume that the city paid for that one also. May is just around the corner, folks !!
dummies

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 6, 2011
 
Very Concerned wrote:
Funny how the City of Poteet can pay a car rental (Tahoe) and hotel room for the City Secretary to travel to Austin and deliver strawberries. Yet, the Police cars have bald tires and expired inspection stickers. Mayor, are you gonna do something about this or should we in May ?


seems like the Town voted for her knowing how she was because everybody knows everybody in Poteet.Here she is going to A.C.T.S acting all god fearing when she is the Devil In Disguise preaching to the town how she wants to make Poteet a better place when she is corrupting the town raising taxes.And hey how about that water bill!!!! So for all you people complaining on Topix lets complain in May And Vote.Vote for new people the ones we can really trust
LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 6, 2011
 
People, people, people !!! Please remove your heads from the sand long enough to see what's going on. These four left for Austin last NIGHT on YOUR money, in a rented vehicle, staying in rented rooms and eating out all at taxpayers expense. And probably had drinks to toast themselves, also probably at taxpayers expense. The Mayor and city administrator also rented vehicles to ride in the parade on Saturday and had city employees decorating these vehicles for them so they could ride in the parade and who do you suppose paid for these vehicles AND the decorations AND the city employees time to decorate the vehicles ??
Please, people, WAKE UP !! Don't you think your tax dollars and your higher water rates and garbage fees are being put to good use ????? Who's paying for all of this ?????
Ashley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 6, 2011
 
dummies wrote:
<quoted text>
seems like the Town voted for her knowing how she was because everybody knows everybody in Poteet.Here she is going to A.C.T.S acting all god fearing when she is the Devil In Disguise preaching to the town how she wants to make Poteet a better place when she is corrupting the town raising taxes.And hey how about that water bill!!!! So for all you people complaining on Topix lets
complain in May And Vote.Vote for new people the ones we can really trust
The only NEW people I'm voting for in May will be Roy for Mayor and Sanchez for council. Davis votes for raising the water and garbage along with Herrera AND the Mayor ( the mayor broke the tie because Catala wasn't at that meeting ), Cantu and Leal voted NOT to raise these rates !!! It's all public record, happened on November 2nd if you want to request it !! So MY vote as well as my entire family's vote goes to CANTU !! He's Not "New" but votes for the PEOPLE, not for the Mayors agenda !!!
dummies

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 6, 2011
 
Ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
The only NEW people I'm voting for in May will be Roy for Mayor and Sanchez for council. Davis votes for raising the water and garbage along with Herrera AND the Mayor ( the mayor broke the tie because Catala wasn't at that meeting ), Cantu and Leal voted NOT to raise these rates !!! It's all public record, happened on November 2nd if you want to request it !! So MY vote as well as my entire family's vote goes to CANTU !! He's Not "New" but votes for the PEOPLE, not for the Mayors agenda !!!
yes I agree with you I stand corrected My vote also goes for Roy,Sanchez, and Cantu I think if we can get them in they would do a better job than the ones before them its hard for two Councils that are for the people when the rest of them are against so lets
ALL GO VOTE AND RALLEY FOR THEM!!!
Very Concerned

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 6, 2011
 
They went to Austin to deliver "Chocolate Covered Strawberries" to some politician up there. Guess they don't have strawberries in Austin !
triangle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

well I'm voting for Roy, but certainly not Denise Sanchez.

I didn't see the mayor in the parade. I saw them last year in the mini Cooper.......take it from there......
YES

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

triangle wrote:
well I'm voting for Roy, but certainly not Denise Sanchez.
I didn't see the mayor in the parade. I saw them last year in the mini Cooper.......take it from there......
Agree, definately would never vote for Denise Sanchez. That woman looks as if she doesn't take a shower or own a brush. Her mouth is so big she would never shut up now! Come on Poteet we must have a better citizen to represent us than that dirty, uneducated, trashy woman Denise Sanchez!!!!
Ashley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 6, 2011
 
triangle wrote:
well I'm voting for Roy, but certainly not Denise Sanchez.
I didn't see the mayor in the parade. I saw them last year in the mini Cooper.......take it from there......
If you're voting for Roy and not Cantu and Sanchez, then you may as well be voting for the present Mayor because nothing will change if Davis stays on the council. Davis AND the Mayor and Herrera voted to raise all of the rates on garbage and water so if you like what you're paying and want to pay for each year (yes, it will go up each year thru 2014), then vote for Davis. It takes 3 council members to change these things and if Davis stays in (which HE doesn't care how much you pay for water and garbage because he pays nothing, no water, no garbage AND NO TAXES, since he does NOT live in Poteet), everything will stay the same, Nothing will change. The present mayor will still control the council even tho she will be voted out because she will still have her two brother in laws on the council along with her puppet, Herrera. so do what you like for whatever personal reasons you have against Sanchez, you are NOT thinking of what is best for the people, you are voting to keep Davis IN and things will never change. Like Sanchez or not, she can't be any worse than Davis and she would never vote to raise taxes and other rates on the people of Poteet !! Myself, I want a GOOD mayor who doesn't want the title to boost their ego AND I want a majority council who will vote FOR the people and NOT against them.
Newcomer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 6, 2011
 
You find out alot from this goofy forum. I'm new here and I don't know or care who this Sanchez is, I'm voting for her on the basis of her running Against this Davis person who helped this mayor raise rates so high that I wish I would have stayed in san Antonio. You people need to grow up and get over your personal agendas. If she's For helping the people, she's got my vote. And apparently, no one else commenting on this topic bothered to sign up to run for this position. Wonder WHY ?????
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Sanchez,ybarra and cantu you have mine and my friends along with my family voting on your side for this year.
Yes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 6, 2011
 
Yes me and my family also will be voting for Sanchez, Ybarra, and Cantu. I just hope that some people in city office don't have sticky fingers and get the people that are voting and throwing them out or trashing our votes. Because I really don't trust anybody that is there in city hall. Look at what happen when Ybarra was running against Herrera. Somebody had sticky fingers (WONDER WHO)?
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 6, 2011
 
Drove around town and saw only the mayor's family member's are the few with her election sign's on their yard. Hey kermit we are sending your girl back to you very soon. Do not send her back this way!!
Yes

Pleasanton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 6, 2011
 
mike wrote:
Drove around town and saw only the mayor's family member's are the few with her election sign's on their yard. Hey kermit we are sending your girl back to you very soon. Do not send her back this way!!
HAHAHAHA that's funny Mike and your right only her family members have her signs and Davis. Soooooo....SORRY but the people from POTEET have voted for a new change and MAY is just around the corner so start packing and Don't let the door hit you on your way OUT! A new change vote for YBARRA, SANCHEZ, AND CANTU!
big mama

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 6, 2011
 
Yes wrote:
Yes me and my family also will be voting for Sanchez, Ybarra, and Cantu. I just hope that some people in city office don't have sticky fingers and get the people that are voting and throwing them out or trashing our votes. Because I really don't trust anybody that is there in city hall. Look at what happen when Ybarra was running against Herrera. Somebody had sticky fingers (WONDER WHO)?
can we get an outside to count the ballots. Someone who is not voting or care who wins?
Observer

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Maybe you complainers and belly archers should attend the city council meetings and find out what is really happening. The water rates were raised because Poteet is about to not have any water at all. The engineer that the city hired has laid out a very grim future for Poteet if some very drastic action isn’t taken ASAP.

The garbage fees go up because that is what the garbage companies are charging to come to Poteet and haul your trash off. You can thank the politicians that you put in the national offices year after year and appoint liberal tree huggers to the EPA. No one else wants your garbage either.

As for “good” people to run for city office; people like those in this forum just bad mouth them as being racist, stupid or whatever and vandalize their property. You will never have a good mayor or city council member as long as the people of this town avoid getting involved in city business except on election day.

You have 3 minutes at the beginning of each city council meeting to address your complaints. If you want to really confront the council, sign up to be on the agenda. Get your act together with comments and don’t be combative and you might get some answers.
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 7, 2011
 
Observer wrote:
Maybe you complainers and belly archers should attend the city council meetings and find out what is really happening. The water rates were raised because Poteet is about to not have any water at all. The engineer that the city hired has laid out a very grim future for Poteet if some very drastic action isn’t taken ASAP.
The garbage fees go up because that is what the garbage companies are charging to come to Poteet and haul your trash off. You can thank the politicians that you put in the national offices year after year and appoint liberal tree huggers to the EPA. No one else wants your garbage either.
As for “good” people to run for city office; people like those in this forum just bad mouth them as being racist, stupid or whatever and vandalize their property. You will never have a good mayor or city council member as long as the people of this town avoid getting involved in city business except on election day.
You have 3 minutes at the beginning of each city council meeting to address your complaints. If you want to really confront the council, sign up to be on the agenda. Get your act together with comments and don’t be combative and you might get some answers.
Gone there and spoke out they are so full of themselves goes in one ear and out the other. And on the water issue this did not happen overnight. Poteet spent 28 thousand on a roof and had to pay to install cooling and heating unit's on a building which they traded with another company. They should have figured out that the water is more important and worked on it sooner. And the trash company was not the lowest bidder. But they fed some people and lobbied for their company to be chosen.
May is coming

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 7, 2011
 
Mike, you are so right, except that I believe the figure on that building with roof and AC is up to 47 thousand. Sounds as if you were replying to perhaps one of the council members controlled by the mayor. Don't you just Love their "talking points" !!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Poteet Discussions

Search the Poteet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
need opiate? 27 min thedude 3
Marshall High School. 52 min Student 1
woman $$$ downtown 1 hr party4323 1
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Defiant1 17,700
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr Defiant1 22,180
el freak 5 hr unknown 13
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 12 hr Gasman 766
•••
•••
•••
Poteet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Poteet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Poteet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Poteet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Poteet
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••