Jared

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Hey I want to get clean, but I heard that people at NA aren't really clean...that they got people there who lie about how much clean time they got...where should I go?
boo

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

If you need something free, I would definitely try it.
anon

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

bellefonte(sp?) hospital in ashland has a good treatment program, or at least did at one time.
me

West Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Jared wrote:
Hey I want to get clean, but I heard that people at NA aren't really clean...that they got people there who lie about how much clean time they got...where should I go?
Church.
Unit 1

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

You started it; you stop it! Your problem!
GoodLuck

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Jared, I'm sure there are many people that do lie, but I know of many that go to the meetings that are clean and continue on the right path. Check one out. Don't go by what everyone else says. Good Luck on your journey. It's a hard road but with determination and support you can do it.
Jared

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

So are the people that go to Narcotics Anonymous even clean?
Diane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

me wrote:
<quoted text>
Church.
I agree that church is a VERY good idea but you also need the support of your family and friends..those that are usually around you...(even kids)....without the required support you need it's VERY hard
Good Luck sweetheart
Diane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

prayer is the best :)..in my opinion of course....I need to take my own advice sometimes....we are all only human
Jared

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

does anyone know of anyone good in NA
boo

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Jared wrote:
So are the people that go to Narcotics Anonymous even clean?
Everyone is struggling that is why they are there.
Jared

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

I went 3wks ago to a meeting....2 guys talked to me...1 looked like grizzly adams and the other told me to get on methadone
clean and sober

Wheelersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

NA is a proven way to stay clean and sober. Yes, you do have those who may be under the influence while attending a meeting, but keep coming and you will be able to distinguish who is really clean and working a program of recovery. As for methadone, or any other "substitute", my opinion is it is just as hard to stop using those. Give it a chance, millions are on a road to recovery. I would agree with church and prayer as a means of extra support. The majority of us cannot stay clean and sober alone, a reliance on a higher power is required. Good luck and God bless.
Jared

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Who should I ask for? The people I talked too sounded like freakin idiots
clean and sober

Wheelersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

I cannot give you names, hince the anonymous part. You will just have to attend some meetings and you will be able to relate to someone who shares part of their story or something they are going through in their life. Also, when you first begin to attend meetings, alot of what is talked about is going to sound foreign. Things just begin to click and make sense the longer you stick around. Please have faith in the fact that it does, has and keeps working as long as you work for it.
Facts

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Jared wrote:
Who should I ask for? The people I talked too sounded like freakin idiots
Most people at NA sound like idiots. That's why the addicts who are serious go to AA meetings, because they say NA is off the hook.
Most of them ay NA are still using and even the ones who aren't act just as nuts as they did when they were.
Jared

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

do u have a yahoo that i can contact u? I remember talkin to an older man named John...he was kind of out there though
Jared

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people at NA sound like idiots. That's why the addicts who are serious go to AA meetings, because they say NA is off the hook.
Most of them ay NA are still using and even the ones who aren't act just as nuts as they did when they were.
I have been to 2 meetings...and noticed that..felt like i was in a dope house...made me wanna get high after the meeting
clean and sober

Wheelersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

In my opinion, which meeting fellowship you attend at first is not the issue. Just going to any meeting is a start. I, myself, attend AA regulary, but I do attend NA occasionally. You have more people with long term sobriety in AA, but NA does have its share of members with significant clean time. You can decide which fellowship you like at a later time. For now, keep it simple and just start going.
clean and sober

Wheelersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

John has a decade of sobriety. Agreed, he does sometimes walk to the beat of a different drum at times, but he is dedicated to helping other addicts stay clean. Good place to start to ask for help.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Portsmouth Forum right now

Search the Portsmouth Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
terry thomas (Feb '12) 4 min lmao 15
snitch of eastend 6 min lmao 2
mary nagel and nathan king 32 min Lisa 4
rip allen fletcher 37 min Lisa Ann 20
say it all 37 min Wanda Kipp 8
Drug Dealers at 16th st apartments 45 min Wanda Kipp 13
3 females found dead in ohio river in portsmouth (Mar '10) 1 hr Wanda Kipp 83
•••
•••