Wondering

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Is this a inpatient or outpatient rehab? Give me some details please!!
Amy

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Inpatient Residential just like Stepping Stones the only difference is u can not bring children to St Lucy's and can not be pregnant. Excellent program though.
Jenny

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

I was in it last yr and loved it really helped me become a better person and the staff is amazing :)!!!!
Wondering

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

How long is the rehab? Three months I've heard. What is the outpatient rehab the courts offer in scioto county?
Concerned

Proctorville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Worst program ever. Too liberal. Obviously no drug testing. My daughter showed up fof a visit high as a kite. Oc course she probably currently the residential drug supplier.
Concerned

Proctorville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

I would like to know what sort of program thinks it should reward 25 year old people with shopping and movies. These women are adults. For goddess sake, if they are there for a good time, I could use some R and R. This is not about fun. This is about the rest of the life for 2 children, And numerous other people that are affected by my daughters addiction. U thought these programs were supposed to be serious, adult programs. Look at the self and where they r in this life if drugs. This is serious. Is anyone there taking it serious? She has been allowed to keep her cell phone the whole time. She has more visits with her drug dealer than user children, and right on street in front of the house. Makes no attempt to hide it. None what so ever. And she gets to be rewarded every little bitt with shopping and movies, Realy! While everyone in this entire family struggles with what to do with these children, ands je sure they have care, and liste. To them cry and beg for their mommy. Listen to the night mares night after night, while a mommy is at rehab having a good time. Realy?
Might as well close the doors, if this is all there is too it. Save the tax payers a few dollars.
Truth

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
I would like to know what sort of program thinks it should reward 25 year old people with shopping and movies. These women are adults. For goddess sake, if they are there for a good time, I could use some R and R. This is not about fun. This is about the rest of the life for 2 children, And numerous other people that are affected by my daughters addiction. U thought these programs were supposed to be serious, adult programs. Look at the self and where they r in this life if drugs. This is serious. Is anyone there taking it serious? She has been allowed to keep her cell phone the whole time. She has more visits with her drug dealer than user children, and right on street in front of the house. Makes no attempt to hide it. None what so ever. And she gets to be rewarded every little bitt with shopping and movies, Realy! While everyone in this entire family struggles with what to do with these children, ands je sure they have care, and liste. To them cry and beg for their mommy. Listen to the night mares night after night, while a mommy is at rehab having a good time. Realy?
Might as well close the doors, if this is all there is too it. Save the tax payers a few dollars.
If it didn't work for your daughter, it's because she didn't WANT it to work. She preferred to continue being, selfish, dishonest and manipulative.

The problem is HERS, and hers ALONE.

Maybe someday she'll get honest with HERSELF, and change her life.

Women who WANT help there, GET help there.
Good friend

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Anyone know where I can find more information on this place?
Good friend

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Concerned wrote:
Rehab is to help people get better, not do it for them.

It's my understanding that stress is one hell of a trigger for addicts, so the idea of rehab is to get them to a stress free environment to heal.

What you need to do since your 25 yr old daughter is clearly not ready to be a mom, and clearly more interested in her own life, is get those kids away from her permanently and try to help them learn from their mother's mistakes.

You tell them their mother is sick. That she can't see them until she gets better. No, you don't know when she will get better. Yes, you will make sure they stay safe. And get them in counseling. And if you can't do all those things, then help them get to a good foster home. Because the problem is clearly your daughter, not the rehab center.
Good friend

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

And fyi...that advice was given to me for my step kids because their mother has the same problem. It was given to me through CPS.
really

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

I heard they may have had a problem with some embezzling.Imagine that!
Wonder how that went?
Big Daddy

Sardinia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

I want to know how these places get all these grants and have a profit of 19 million dollars? Can someone explain honestly?
Just wondering

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

How long is the program? Can the woman take there kids? I Have someone's children that just got placed in the program, but of course the system treats me like a mushroom, keeping me in the dark. Just want to prepare the kids?
Dufus

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

It was reported that Ed Hughes had an income in 2012 of over $19,000,000.
Those places are not his only source of income.And that was not all profit.
They must have a huge overhead.
I wonder if any of the profit makes its way back to the judicial system?
sam

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Dufus wrote:
It was reported that Ed Hughes had an income in 2012 of over $19,000,000.
Those places are not his only source of income.And that was not all profit.
They must have a huge overhead.
I wonder if any of the profit makes its way back to the judicial system?
Of course the judicial gets a cut that's why ppl be getting court ordered to the rehabs
shotguns daughter

Hookstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

These places are a waste of taxpayers money. it is a place for people to go so they don't have to go to prison. i think more prisons should be built. they should be sentenced to their prison term. while they are there make them get an education or somekind of training so they can be productive when they get home. (they won't have time to be bored or time to do drugs if they are working.) they will be a productive citizen when they get home. they will be able to provide for their .retirement. now they are free loaders off of the government and sooner or later the government will say ENOUGH and they will just estimate them.
shotguns daughter

Hookstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

that was suppose to be exterminate them. lol smartphones. No the true key to getting off drugs is will power. you have to want to get off and stay off. also avoid temptation if someone is a bad influence stay away from them. stay busy and you won't have time to think about getting high.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Portsmouth Forum right now

Search the Portsmouth Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
portsmouth missing or murdered (Apr '12) 5 min jason b 6
the counseling center (Jun '13) 1 hr jim a 423
happiness 1 hr shotguns daughter 1
Any hookers walking today 2 hr p-town man 8
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) 3 hr Vote out every incumbent 169
Anna Thurman (Jan '13) 3 hr Concerned Family 21
Is this true? 5 hr gary 76
•••
•••
•••
•••

Portsmouth Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Portsmouth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE