Found: Black Great Dane

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

CallMeJ

Portsmouth, OH

#1 Sep 9, 2012
Today we found a Great Dane wondering around, clearly lost in the area of Grant St. and Lincoln St. he is quite large, around 200lbs and seems to be well taken care of. The dog has no collar. We've tried calling the Vet and the Police Dept.
If you know anyone missing a dog with this description he is safe. He is in our fenced in backyard until we can find the owner. We can keep him for a night or two, but no longer. We really hope we can find his owners. He is Black, with 3 white paws, and a white streak on his chest. He was wearing a choker collar.
If you have any information please leave a number to be reached..and we will work something out. Thanks.
Darla Sue

Athens, OH

#2 Sep 9, 2012
CallMeJ wrote:
Today we found a Great Dane wondering around, clearly lost in the area of Grant St. and Lincoln St. he is quite large, around 200lbs and seems to be well taken care of. The dog has no collar. We've tried calling the Vet and the Police Dept.
If you know anyone missing a dog with this description he is safe. He is in our fenced in backyard until we can find the owner. We can keep him for a night or two, but no longer. We really hope we can find his owners. He is Black, with 3 white paws, and a white streak on his chest. He was wearing a choker collar.
If you have any information please leave a number to be reached..and we will work something out. Thanks.
Try calling WNXT tomorrow morning and ask them to make an announcement a few times about this dog. Maybe the owner or someone who knows the owner will hear it. Also call the dog pound and Sierra's Haven. The owner may call there to ask if they have the dog. Leave your name and number, in case the owner calls.
Just some ideas. Nice of you to try to help the dog. You must be a good person.
2 cents

Portsmouth, OH

#3 Sep 9, 2012
agree with darla sue. very kind of you.
CallMeJ

Portsmouth, OH

#4 Sep 9, 2012
Yes. We are going to call the radio station as well, we may have a lead, but nothing solid. Normally the Vet's office has an idea who they belong to. There cannot be many 200lb Black Great Danes in the area, his is rather old, and as i said, well take care of..we're hoping the Vets will have more info when we call tomorrow...tonight it looks like he's sleeping in the garage. Poor Guy.
RiverRat

Dublin, OH

#5 Sep 9, 2012
Very kind of you!! We need more people like you!
CallMeJ

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Sep 9, 2012
Thanks. I'm just doing what i wish someone else would do if i were in the same position. I love animals.
J Chabot

Portsmouth, OH

#7 Sep 9, 2012
Sounds like our dog. Bring it to Grandview next to DKuhn house. We miss our GIANT dog!!!
CallMeJ

Portsmouth, OH

#8 Sep 9, 2012
The owner of the dog has been found. Yay!
Darla Sue

Athens, OH

#9 Sep 9, 2012
CallMeJ wrote:
The owner of the dog has been found. Yay!
That's great! Good for you! Did the owner find out via this thread?
Hello

Hagerhill, KY

#10 Sep 9, 2012
If you do not find the owner I would love to take him. I have great Danes and love them. The are a great dog.
Little Stake

Portsmouth, OH

#11 Sep 10, 2012
Darla Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great! Good for you! Did the owner find out via this thread?
Thanks!! Love my Great Dane !! Good to have him back!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
psych teachers at shawnee 56 min PsychGrad 2
shawnee dental 1 hr Peter Simmons 4
Portsmouth Trojans 2 hr WHAT?! 17
P.A.S.T. New paranormal team 2 hr Body builder dude 12
Fork & Finger to return to Portsmouth (Nov '08) 3 hr I know 12
Ina Gibson, Rhonda Gibson big time internet por... 3 hr I know 7
Nikki elrod 5 hr The true Veronica... 27
Portsmouth Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web