Menards Coming to Poplar Bluff

Posted in the Poplar Bluff Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Next

Poplar Bluff, MO

#1 Oct 25, 2012
THE DAR has confirmed that Menards is going to build a new store on Oak Grove Rd. This is great news, what's next?
You too

United States

#2 Oct 25, 2012
Yep that's is good news. More money taken away from our locally owned businesses.
From Missouri

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#3 Oct 25, 2012
All these new businesses coming to town is a cruel hoax to fool Topix Forum users. This has been going on for years. Businesses are mentioned as for sure opening soon after construction and then nothing happens even years later. Now is DAR part of the hoax??? I'll believe in a new business when it opens its doors.
MHO

United States

#4 Oct 25, 2012
No, it's not good news. Cape Girardeau thought Menard's was wonderful at first. Now, not so much.
They advertise 10% off. You'll get a store credit through the mail instead of 10% off at time of purchase. Total BS!
Sue

Fontana, KS

#5 Oct 25, 2012
From Missouri wrote:
All these new businesses coming to town is a cruel hoax to fool Topix Forum users. This has been going on for years. Businesses are mentioned as for sure opening soon after construction and then nothing happens even years later. Now is DAR part of the hoax??? I'll believe in a new business when it opens its doors.
. This is true. I'm kinda like you. I'm from Missouri, so show me!
sooki

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 Oct 25, 2012
How is this bringing money to poplar bluff?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7 Oct 25, 2012
sooki wrote:
How is this bringing money to poplar bluff?
I'm still waiting on the SAMs club from 12 years ago..
guest

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Oct 25, 2012
sooki wrote:
How is this bringing money to poplar bluff?
By bringing jobs that pay money to people who live in PB who will spend that pay partly in PB also even if it is just on rent and utilities.
frank

Dexter, MO

#9 Oct 26, 2012
You too wrote:
Yep that's is good news. More money taken away from our locally owned businesses.
You Too, You are WRONG!!!!!! It is not money taken away from local busunesses unless YOU and other people SPEND YOUR MONEY at the big giant new business!!!! Shoppers are the ones that kill local business by not staying loyal and SHOPPING at the local business.
Next

Poplar Bluff, MO

#10 Oct 26, 2012
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>. This is true. I'm kinda like you. I'm from Missouri, so show me!
Menards has signed the contract to build. This IS going to happen but it might take a year or two to finish construction.
Guest

Des Moines, IA

#11 Oct 26, 2012
Next wrote:
<quoted text>Menards has signed the contract to build. This IS going to happen but it might take a year or two to finish construction.
. I hope so. More jobs to boost the ecomomy sounds great!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#12 Oct 26, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>You Too, You are WRONG!!!!!! It is not money taken away from local busunesses unless YOU and other people SPEND YOUR MONEY at the big giant new business!!!! Shoppers are the ones that kill local business by not staying loyal and SHOPPING at the local business.
See this is what happens to " local" business. For so many years they are the only game in town and treat their customers like crap, knowing they will be back since they are the only ones carrying a certain brand or product. Then comes along another store with the same product or service AND puts an emphasis on customer service and it causes the "local" business to eventually fold and the blame is cast upon the newcomer. Where this isn't always the case, I have seen it happen!
sooki

Poplar Bluff, MO

#13 Oct 26, 2012
No my point is this is not new wealth coming into town. This is retail it is taking money out of town and recycling a little back into the town.

This isn't creating wealth it is moving wealth around...
guest

Poplar Bluff, MO

#14 Oct 26, 2012
sooki wrote:
No my point is this is not new wealth coming into town. This is retail it is taking money out of town and recycling a little back into the town.

This isn't creating wealth it is moving wealth around...
You could look at it that way. But consider the thousands of us spending gas money to drive to name brand stores and malls in jonesboro, cape, memphis, st louis, springfield, and little rock to spend our money and get what we want, and usually spending money at a restaraunt there also, due to the length of travel. This happens everyday. Why not welcome the new jobs and saved gas money which can now be spent locally also.
sooki

Poplar Bluff, MO

#15 Oct 26, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>You could look at it that way. But consider the thousands of us spending gas money to drive to name brand stores and malls in jonesboro, cape, memphis, st louis, springfield, and little rock to spend our money and get what we want, and usually spending money at a restaraunt there also, due to the length of travel. This happens everyday. Why not welcome the new jobs and saved gas money which can now be spent locally also.
Right on board. Historically the only things that really create wealth are.

Manufacturing, farming and mining.

Everything else just move wealth around.
Thankful

United States

#16 Oct 26, 2012
I myself and glad to hear that we are finally getting a Menards. I frequent the Menards in Cape because they have great prices and a lot of their products are cheaper than Home Depot. As for the other local places they are sky high on their prices maybe Mnards an give them a run for their money!
Being seen

Poplar Bluff, MO

#17 Oct 26, 2012
What's next, another Mexican restaurant?
Thankful

United States

#18 Oct 26, 2012
Being seen wrote:
What's next, another Mexican restaurant?
Actually they are putting a New Mexican restaurant in, I think out by 8 points
Beamer

Euless, TX

#19 Dec 7, 2013
Just wanna find out about when apps for new menards in poplar bluff will be taken,wanna get off the road driving truck and be home with wife and family after 36 yrs its time
truckin 36

Euless, TX

#20 Dec 7, 2013
Anyone?anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body in Black River? 1 hr LMAO 3
ink pleasures tattoo studio 1 hr pissed off 5
Terry Porterfield 1 hr Curious 1
we need a plan to get rid of all of the blacks ... 1 hr Black Power 87
Unsolved Murders in Butler County (Dec '07) 2 hr Elmo 216
haunted houses 2 hr Haunted person 5
Cracked Pecans 3 hr Guest 2
Poplar Bluff Dating
Find my Match

Poplar Bluff Jobs

Poplar Bluff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Poplar Bluff News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Poplar Bluff

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]