Posted in the Point Pleasant Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Level 2

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 28, 2012
I've been in there a few times lately and there's been a woman who works there that just seems not quite 'right' mentally/emotionally which isn't a problem at all to me in and of itself, but everytime I'm in there she seems to make everyone uncomfortable. She compliments the women on their figure, then puts herself down. The other day, she complimented the lady in front of me saying "You're so skinny, I wish I could wear that but I'm just so fat and disgusting.." in a serious tone. Just today she said the same thing to me, and I never know what, if anything, I should say so I just laugh awkwardly and say 'Oh, no you aren't,' as does everyone else I've seen her say things of this nature to, which is quite a few. She also says the totals incorrectly every time to everyone as a joke so we have to wait for her to stop giggling and ask for our totals again,(i.e.$1.39 is said as one hundred thirty nine dollars) and gives back incorrect change. It takes up so much of my time when she's working, usually 15 minutes or so if there's a line front of me, that I just don't stop there if I'm in any sort of hurry and it's getting so strange that I don't want to go back anymore at all.
Don't get me wrong, I love a friendly cashier, but this is getting so frustrating and it worries me because she's obviously got some self-esteem issues so I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen there and does anyone know her and know if she's alright? I'd hate for anything to happen to her or her to harm herself, but I just want to drink my watered-down hot chocolate before it gets cold!
why

Martinsville, VA

#2 Jul 29, 2012
Omniscientist wrote:
I've been in there a few times lately and there's been a woman who works there that just seems not quite 'right' mentally/emotionally which isn't a problem at all to me in and of itself, but everytime I'm in there she seems to make everyone uncomfortable. She compliments the women on their figure, then puts herself down. The other day, she complimented the lady in front of me saying "You're so skinny, I wish I could wear that but I'm just so fat and disgusting.." in a serious tone. Just today she said the same thing to me, and I never know what, if anything, I should say so I just laugh awkwardly and say 'Oh, no you aren't,' as does everyone else I've seen her say things of this nature to, which is quite a few. She also says the totals incorrectly every time to everyone as a joke so we have to wait for her to stop giggling and ask for our totals again,(i.e.$1.39 is said as one hundred thirty nine dollars) and gives back incorrect change. It takes up so much of my time when she's working, usually 15 minutes or so if there's a line front of me, that I just don't stop there if I'm in any sort of hurry and it's getting so strange that I don't want to go back anymore at all.
Don't get me wrong, I love a friendly cashier, but this is getting so frustrating and it worries me because she's obviously got some self-esteem issues so I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen there and does anyone know her and know if she's alright? I'd hate for anything to happen to her or her to harm herself, but I just want to drink my watered-down hot chocolate before it gets cold!
Why would you post on this site about her?? She does a good job and takes her job seriously!! She probably is the must trustworthy person working there!! I've heard her joke around but have never seen it take 15 minutes to make a transaction!! She may have issues. Why don't you show some love and kindness?? She lost her mom a few months back. I like her and I think you just wanna start drama. Shame on you. God Bless that young lady!! She tries and that's more than some do!!!!
Level 2

Location hidden

#3 Jul 29, 2012
Apparently you took it the wrong way; I was simply posting out of concern and wondering if others aside from my family had the same feeling of concern and if anyone knew if she was okay.
I'd certainly hope that if you were worried about someone you didn't know, you'd try to find out if they were alright. I do believe that this world would be a far worse place if it weren't for the few amount of people who care enough to worry about and try to help others. I said numerous times that I was only concerned about her because she's said things to me and numerous others about herself that were worrying. That's why I asked if anyone knew her and if they knew if she was alright. I said nothing derogatory in the least. There's no need to scold other adults like you're their mother, especially when they're posting from a place of concern and kindness. I see that you simply took it the wrong way, and I applaud you for sticking up for her even though it wasn't mean that way at all. That's exactly what I created this page 2 days ago for; I found disgusting posts concerning my aunt and did the same. Quite simply, I just posted what goes on in there everyday and I said absolutely nothing 'mean' or anything that hasn't been done or said by her in public everyday.
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of her mother. Again, I don't know her, but I understand the effect grief can have. I hope that's all it is. Having been close to several people (including myself in my teens) who have suffered with depression and even suicide in the past, I've seen the signs it simply concerned me. I couldn't stand it if someone needed help and I knew and didn't do anything, especially if something ended up happening to them.
Even though my query got misconstrued, I still stand by my original question of is this woman doing alright?
smh

Toledo, OH

#4 Jul 29, 2012
Omniscientist wrote:
Apparently you took it the wrong way; I was simply posting out of concern and wondering if others aside from my family had the same feeling of concern and if anyone knew if she was okay.
I'd certainly hope that if you were worried about someone you didn't know, you'd try to find out if they were alright. I do believe that this world would be a far worse place if it weren't for the few amount of people who care enough to worry about and try to help others. I said numerous times that I was only concerned about her because she's said things to me and numerous others about herself that were worrying. That's why I asked if anyone knew her and if they knew if she was alright. I said nothing derogatory in the least. There's no need to scold other adults like you're their mother, especially when they're posting from a place of concern and kindness. I see that you simply took it the wrong way, and I applaud you for sticking up for her even though it wasn't mean that way at all. That's exactly what I created this page 2 days ago for; I found disgusting posts concerning my aunt and did the same. Quite simply, I just posted what goes on in there everyday and I said absolutely nothing 'mean' or anything that hasn't been done or said by her in public everyday.
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of her mother. Again, I don't know her, but I understand the effect grief can have. I hope that's all it is. Having been close to several people (including myself in my teens) who have suffered with depression and even suicide in the past, I've seen the signs it simply concerned me. I couldn't stand it if someone needed help and I knew and didn't do anything, especially if something ended up happening to them.
Even though my query got misconstrued, I still stand by my original question of is this woman doing alright?
If you are truly concerned about her, try talking to her. I believe all she wants is a friend and for people to accept her. But no, you are a douche bag and post about her here and could potentially cost her her job!!! Think before you type next time!!
citizen

Point Pleasant, WV

#5 Jul 29, 2012
smh wrote:
<quoted text>If you are truly concerned about her, try talking to her. I believe all she wants is a friend and for people to accept her. But no, you are a douche bag and post about her here and could potentially cost her her job!!! Think before you type next time!!
I totally agree. Topix is not the place to show concern. You need to contact this site and tell them you made a mistake and this thread needs removed.

I come across rude cashiers everyday and I don't post about that, and you are posting because one is to friendly. Get a life!!!!
1 post removed
really?

Point Pleasant, WV

#7 Jul 29, 2012
You people are jumping this persons ass and I don't believe she was doing anything wrong, hateful or malicious.

If that woman were to lose her job, it would be because of her actions, not because of something posted about her on topix, if that were the case this entire town really WOULD be unemployed.

Its sad if her mom died a few months ago, but people lose people close to them all the time, that doesn't give you the right to act like a creep or make people feel uncomfortable, ESPECIALLY when you're directly working with the public.

If you think for one second if I frequented a store and the cashier consistently made me and others feel uncomfortable, I would absolutely report them to their manager. I don't care what someone is going through or if they're totally harmless, one time is an exception, to continuously do it is a different story. People go through shit everyday, some worse than others, it's no excuse.

Also, if it's a "friend" she is looking for, it isn't going to be found by seeking pity and fishing for compliments. I highly doubt the woman is going to hurt herself though, she is just seeking attention. If I go in there and am made to feel uncomfortable, I'll straight up tell her to chill out.

Call me mean or cruel or whatever you want, but there are boundaries and a professional manner that people need to act in, whether they're working at a gas station or are a CEO for a fortune 500 company.
smh

Point Pleasant, WV

#8 Jul 29, 2012
[QUOTE who="really?"]You people are jumping this persons ass and I don't believe she was doing anything wrong, hateful or malicious.

If that woman were to lose her job, it would be because of her actions, not because of something posted about her on topix, if that were the case this entire town really WOULD be unemployed.

Its sad if her mom died a few months ago, but people lose people close to them all the time, that doesn't give you the right to act like a creep or make people feel uncomfortable, ESPECIALLY when you're directly working with the public.

If you think for one second if I frequented a store and the cashier consistently made me and others feel uncomfortable, I would absolutely report them to their manager. I don't care what someone is going through or if they're totally harmless, one time is an exception, to continuously do it is a different story. People go through shit everyday, some worse than others, it's no excuse.

Also, if it's a "friend" she is looking for, it isn't going to be found by seeking pity and fishing for compliments. I highly doubt the woman is going to hurt herself though, she is just seeking attention. If I go in there and am made to feel uncomfortable, I'll straight up tell her to chill out.

Call me mean or cruel or whatever you want, but there are boundaries and a professional manner that people need to act in, whether they're working at a gas station or are a CEO for a fortune 500 company.[/QUOTE]
Three words define you and the other douche bag...cold and heartless.

I pray that you are never in a position that you feel like this poor girl. How about taking a good look at yourself and get some self-awareness. No one said you had to be the girls friend, but at least try to find it in your cold heart to have some compassion.
really?

Point Pleasant, WV

#9 Jul 29, 2012
smh wrote:
[QUOTE who="really?"]You people are jumping this persons ass and I don't believe she was doing anything wrong, hateful or malicious.

Call me mean or cruel or whatever you want, but there are boundaries and a professional manner that people need to act in, whether they're working at a gas station or are a CEO for a fortune 500 company."

Three words define you and the other douche bag...cold and heartless.

I pray that you are never in a position that you feel like this poor girl. How about taking a good look at yourself and get some self-awareness. No one said you had to be the girls friend, but at least try to find it in your cold heart to have some compassion.
I'm not cold and heartless, I'm a little dose of reality.

I'm also not sucking anyone's ass or sugar coating anything, so say what you will.

I have plenty of self awareness, and I don't go around making people feel uncomfortable or trying to get sympathy. Thanks though.

You don't know what positions I have and have not been in, but I can assure you one thing, I have always picked MYSELF up and moved on. The world doesn't stop for you or cater to you just because "you're going through a rough time."

So there ya go. Call it cold and heartless or lacking compassion all you want. The point of the whole damn thing is you can not forcibly make people feel uncomfortable everyday just because "you're having a tough time."
smh

Point Pleasant, WV

#10 Jul 29, 2012
[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text>I'm not cold and heartless, I'm a little dose of reality.

I'm also not sucking anyone's ass or sugar coating anything, so say what you will.

I have plenty of self awareness, and I don't go around making people feel uncomfortable or trying to get sympathy. Thanks though.

You don't know what positions I have and have not been in, but I can assure you one thing, I have always picked MYSELF up and moved on. The world doesn't stop for you or cater to you just because "you're going through a rough time."

So there ya go. Call it cold and heartless or lacking compassion all you want. The point of the whole damn thing is you can not forcibly make people feel uncomfortable everyday just because "you're having a tough time."[/QUOTE]

We both are aware of who we are taking about here. Now with that being said, do you REALLY think she is intentionally seeking sympathy or trying to make people uncomfortable??? How about you get over yourself and just don't shop at that store when she's working if it bothers you so much?!?! Problem solved!??
really?

Point Pleasant, WV

#11 Jul 29, 2012
smh wrote:
[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text>I'm not cold and heartless, I'm a little dose of reality.

So there ya go. Call it cold and heartless or lacking compassion all you want. The point of the whole damn thing is you can not forcibly make people feel uncomfortable everyday just because "you're having a tough time.""

We both are aware of who we are taking about here. Now with that being said, do you REALLY think she is intentionally seeking sympathy or trying to make people uncomfortable??? How about you get over yourself and just don't shop at that store when she's working if it bothers you so much?!?! Problem solved!??
Actually I'm not aware of who is being talked about because I never and I do mean NEVER go to Exxon by DQ. So actually, it doesn't bother me at all.

If you had half a brain you would know that I am taking up for the person who originally started this thread because you self-righteous wannabe world savers are attacking her because your AWESOME buddy at the gas station made her feel uncomfortable and she came here to see if anyone else has had the same experience.

Open mouth....you know the rest....
imformation

United States

#12 Jul 29, 2012
Omniscientist wrote:
I've been in there a few times lately and there's been a woman who works there that just seems not quite 'right' omentally/emotionally which isn't a problem at all to me in and of itself, but everytime I'm in there she seems to make everyone uncomfortable. She compliments the women on their figure, then puts herself down. The other day, she complimented the lady in front of me saying "You're so skinny, I wish I could wear that but I'm just so fat and disgusting.." in a serious tone. Just today she said the same thing to me, and I never know what, if anything, I should say so I just laugh awkwardly and say 'Oh, no you aren't,' as does everyone else I've seen her say things of this nature to, which is quite a few. She also says the totals incorrectly every time to everyone as a joke so we have to wait for her to stop giggling and ask for our totals again,(i.e.$1.39 is said as one hundred thirty nine dollars) and gives back incorrect change. It takes up so much of my time when she's working, usually 15 minutes or so if there's a line front of me, that I just don't stop there if I'm in any sort of hurry and it's getting so strange that I don't want to go back anymore at all.
she makes me very uneasy. Bomb ready to explode . Not meaning it bad but I agree with ya
Citizen

Point Pleasant, WV

#13 Jul 29, 2012
imformation wrote:
<quoted text>
she makes me very uneasy. Bomb ready to explode . Not meaning it bad but I agree with ya
Then stay out of the store!!!!!!!!!! GEESH!!!!!!!
really?

Point Pleasant, WV

#14 Jul 29, 2012
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Then stay out of the store!!!!!!!!!! GEESH!!!!!!!
People shouldn't have to "stay out of the store" the EMPLOYEE should act more professional. You shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable when going to any place of business.

God damn you rednecks are stupid.
Level 2

Location hidden

#15 Jul 29, 2012
Agreed with everything,'really?'
It's become appallingly obvious that fewer and fewer people are thinking rationally..
I saw no point in arguing with emotionally hyper sensitive (not to mention inaccurate)commenters, so thanks for the logical support. It's nice to see that for a change, especially around here.
just saying

Summersville, WV

#16 Jul 29, 2012
all you would haft to do is call Hartley and tell them that all it would take if it is true and she would gone
really?

Point Pleasant, WV

#17 Jul 29, 2012
just saying wrote:
all you would haft to do is call Hartley and tell them that all it would take if it is true and she would gone
I don't believe the motive is to get the woman fired as much as it is for it to be known that this is unprofessional and unacceptable behavior.

I personally would speak with her supervisor about the incidents and concerns. She won't get fired unless it persists AFTER her supervisor discusses the complaint with her.
Level 2

Location hidden

#18 Jul 29, 2012
just saying wrote:
I would like to talk to someone in management (if I could get ahold of them, that is) mainly to alert them of the odd behavior. I think perhaps one of her superiors may just be able to have a talk with her about work-appropriate ethics and have that be the end of it. I don't see why she should lose her job if that clears it up, especially if it's under extenuating circumstaces.
anon

Point Pleasant, WV

#19 Jul 30, 2012
I read this thread and knew exactly who you were talking about, although I have probably been to Exxon in Point Pleasant about 10 times or less within the past year. She has made me uncomfortable the few times I have been in there when she was working...she makes inappropriate comments. This occurred prior to a couple of months ago. I think something must be wrong with her, so I try to get in and out as quickly as possible and not engage in too much conversation to encourage her. She seems like a nice enough person and possibly a good worker, just not very good with customer service interaction.
imformation

United States

#20 Jul 30, 2012
anon wrote:
I read this thread and knew exactly who you were talking about, although I have probably been to Exxon in Point Pleasant about 10 times or less within the past year. She has made me uncomfortable the few times I have been in there when she was working...she makes inappropriate comments. This occurred prior to a couple of months ago. I think something must be wrong with her, so I try to get in and out as quickly as possible and not engage in too much conversation to encourage her. She seems like a nice enough person and possibly a good worker, just not very good with customer service interaction.
she is a good worker , but bottom line she needs help. Nothing bad about her at all but she needs some attention
ugh

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Jul 30, 2012
Congrats to u heartless fucks that decided to post ur opinions out here on this forumn.
You should have taken ur concerns to the mgr's!!!
Instead, you blast her on topix!
I'm sure she is thankful that u broke her heart and spirits!!!!
You can tell she now knows about this pathetic post....if the quite attitude doesn't let u know...then the tears in her eyes will give ya a better clue!
Congrats again!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word- First word (May '13) 21 min Princess Hey 336
cody keefer 58 min Curious 2
Jessica Cale Wallace Marschal Meadows Reynolds ... 1 hr Jessica 5
~Word Association~ (Jan '12) 1 hr notBeavis 2,737
keep a word and drop a word (Oct '11) 1 hr notBeavis 6,400
Sandy S. On millstone 1 hr just help out 15
robbie bonecutter 1 hr nasty 2
Point Pleasant Dating
Find my Match

Point Pleasant People Search