Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

Rember how we gathed at the previllion at current river beach all those poodelskits and pony tails and the black and white shoes those was the day Oily hair t shirts and penny loafers and jeans and all those musel cars where are those days at now....Not to mention the heart breaks

Melbourne, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

that sure was a hot spot, now it's only a memory.
good old days

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

Just a memory wrote:
Rember how we gathed at the previllion at current river beach all those poodelskits and pony tails and the black and white shoes those was the days we wore no panties or bras! wet T shirts and penny loafers and all those musel cars where are those days at now....Not to mention the heart breaks when we got knocked up and had to marry.
now you are on your 4th husband and state welfare.
biker_dude

Bremerton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

good old days wrote:
<quoted text>now you are on your 4th husband and state welfare.
This comment really wasn't necessary.
Half Naked Nasties

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

biker_dude wrote:
<quoted text>
This comment really wasn't necessary.
But it's true for the majority of the crowds from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. The place turned into a real thug festival that had nothing better to do than lay around on the beach showing off their stretch marks from the numerous kids that the taxpayers had to support.
yes and they never left

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

Half Naked Nasties wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's true for the majority of the crowds from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. The place turned into a real thug festival that had nothing better to do than lay around on the beach showing off their stretch marks from the numerous kids that the taxpayers had to support.
They are still here and still figured a way out of working by becoming disabled.
Tinkerbell

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

I wish i could sprinkle my star dust upon the Current River Beach. As i remember what a place it was! Need to do a lot of repairs.. Old run down Cabins needed to be re-built instead of a living in shacks. As for the main off color steel building with run down areas. With a lot of TLC would bring out a new look. A Restaurant with a big snack bar, clothes as a T-Shirt shop! Clean Restroom areas and even a Bait shop and supplies. The place has alittle bit of life so How about selling it for a price??????? Hmmm.. How much_$________ For the Whole Thing! Lets make the memory to a reality. Remember the days! Oh, yes the days....
jess ting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

Just a memory wrote:
Rember how we gathed at the previllion at current river beach all those poodelskits and pony tails and the black and white shoes those was the day Oily hair t shirts and penny loafers and jeans and all those musel cars where are those days at now....Not to mention the heart breaks
Wasn't the property for sale 5-6 years ago?

It looked like an investment opportunity.

It really could be a gem!

Does anyone know who owns it?
ex beach lover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

Judged:

Half Naked Nasties wrote:
<quoted text>
it has become a drunkfest, use to enjoy going down there but the last few times, to many drunks staggering around, fighting, cusing. it is not enjoyable with all the drama.
if they would ban alcohol they could get a larger family crowd.
last time i was there a girl, drove off drunk as a skunk and ran off a bridge just a few miles down the road, she lost her leg or foot do to the drunkin crash. but she was having a blast getting drunk on the beach with her friends, maybe that is the memories she holds onto when she looks down and doesnt see her leg anymore. WAS IT WORTH IT?
nothing is an accident when you choose to get behind the wheel after drinking. luckly she only hurt herself and not an innocent family on the road that could of had the miss fortune to meet her when she crossed the centerline. but no one ever thinks of others.
happy

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

jess ting wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't the property for sale 5-6 years ago?
It looked like an investment opportunity.
It really could be a gem!
Does anyone know who owns it?
Clifton Briggs
Tinkerbell

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

First bid:$95,000 for all! It will take at least $100,000 to bring everything backup. My offer..._______;
I bid

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Tinkerbell wrote:
First bid:$95,000 for all! It will take at least $100,000 to bring everything backup. My offer...__2.59__________;
That's the first bid
Tinkerbell

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

YES! Cash! On Data Scout he paid alot more on the property. Like I said,$95.000. It would take a fortune to bring it all up. If he had it for sale last year. USA DOLLARS....
money pit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

place would be a money pit. hard to get a return on investment and decent income on 3-5 months a year. skeeters run off any campers after 1 visit. lot of upkeep and yearly flooding to clean up. dealing with the public/drinkers/underage punks is no fun. fuel/food/licenses/payroll/uti lities/insurance would be a nightmare.

bulldoze it all, fence it off, sell lots.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pocahontas Discussions

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Regular citizen 920
Villa’s Sylla Prepares to Go out on Loan 3 hr Warning 2
Pique: Barca do not need to clear out players 3 hr Warning 2
talina folkerts 3 hr equally repulsed 6
McLaren yakin bisa meraih kemenangan di musim i... 4 hr Dada vinada 1
Clay Co. Electric 6 hr Guest 22
jerk family member 6 hr guest 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••