Poca girls basketball Coach Rudy Rains

Posted in the Poca Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
now

United States

#6 Dec 21, 2011
way to go Rudy!! you the man!!
1 post removed
OMG

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 21, 2011
The real story is it is Randy Cunningham's fault. He rallied the parents to get him to leave so he could take over. He wanted to be in charge, but he didn't know basketball!!!! He thought because his daughter was a super athlete that he could call the shots because he has lots of money. His daughter also put crap on twitter that went against the team rules. This is the Cunningham spin on things, and they would never find a more experienced coach than Rudy.... Randy's big assed sister needs to shut up too because she put all kinds of crap on facebook and then didn't go to the board meeting and neither did papa randy.(way to support the team-trouble makers) Many angles to this story but the bottom line is that the Cunningham girl is a narsicit and it is all about her..She could care less if they win, she just wants her name in the paper and pictures of herself everywhere- they don't care about winning...they get people to fight their battles for them, but what about the girls that didn't quit, that really wanted to be there? What's up with that? Coach Raynes demands respect, and Randy Cunningham started this entire mess... he is the problem!!!!!!!
OMG

Charleston, WV

#9 Dec 21, 2011
Sad wrote:
Old school politics at Poca high they threw the baby out with the bath water!!!
Fire Coach Rains Di these girls can play ball!!!
If you were the coach and the some of the team didn't like you, although you did nothing wrong....would it be okay? They only want him gone because they don't have fun in practice, and the run too much- wussies!!!!!
3 posts removed
wondering

United States

#13 Dec 21, 2011
Poca 1 wrote:
Yes, the good ole' boys didn't want to hear anymore complaints about their buddy so they just decided to disban the team. Coach Raynes is a bully, disrespecful, intimidating and is getting away with it! What an awful thing to teach these children. They will be affected by this the rest of their lives. Discrimination is what this is. Boys get the gym to themselves and no more complaints and they think everyone is happy. Girls sports don't really matter at Poca and never have.
Rudy Rudy
NottaDotAnyLonge r

Nitro, WV

#14 Dec 21, 2011
OMG wrote:
The real story is it is Randy Cunningham's fault. He rallied the parents to get him to leave so he could take over. He wanted to be in charge, but he didn't know basketball!!!! He thought because his daughter was a super athlete that he could call the shots because he has lots of money. His daughter also put crap on twitter that went against the team rules. This is the Cunningham spin on things, and they would never find a more experienced coach than Rudy.... Randy's big assed sister needs to shut up too because she put all kinds of crap on facebook and then didn't go to the board meeting and neither did papa randy.(way to support the team-trouble makers) Many angles to this story but the bottom line is that the Cunningham girl is a narsicit and it is all about her..She could care less if they win, she just wants her name in the paper and pictures of herself everywhere- they don't care about winning...they get people to fight their battles for them, but what about the girls that didn't quit, that really wanted to be there? What's up with that? Coach Raynes demands respect, and Randy Cunningham started this entire mess... he is the problem!!!!!!!
really? Randy and his big a$$ sister didn't go to the meeting because of the BS you are putting on here and the last time I checked, putting anything on facebook was completely LEGAL! I suggest you check your facts before you run your VERY big mouth! Randy has and will always have more class than anyone of you who spew out your ignorance!
Poca 1

United States

#15 Dec 21, 2011
Rudi Ann is a hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows that Rudi Ann wrote this... She is not a has been... She is a never will be!
Maybe we should have settled this with a game of one-on-one so Adrian could take you to the hoop! Your pathetic!! And you Dad is a prick! FACT!
For your info, I played with Randy Cunningham basketball until 10th grade and he was always the captain. He knows more about basketball in his little finger that you ever will know because you rode on Daddy's shirt tail. Randy Cunningham is willing to step aside to save the team, unlike your old fart of a dad, who can't remember enough to have a practice without you correcting everything he would ever say. Why are you even there? There was no JV last year and no JV this year and you were hired as a freshman coach I hear. That's three coaches for 10 girls. Waste of tax payer's money if you ask me. You and your fat ass sister from Winfield started all the crap about twitter and facebook. The Raynes have ruined this team. Oh, yeah, you and Daddy made sure your school record would not be broken by this athlete. How do you sleep at night?
bigaskhere

Nitro, WV

#16 Dec 21, 2011
Adrian DID NOT quit the team dumba$$! she was injured! She is NOT a quitter! People, PEOPLE check the facts please before you try to ruin others life! Adrian is the most kindhearted and loving person who goes out of her way for everyone. Do you really think she wanted this team to fold? Do you really think her dad did? I sure don't think this is the case here. There apparently has been a problem from day one and should have been addressed a long time ago. So, are you telling me that Adrian was Miss Poca High by being stuckup? Oh wait, maybe her MONEY bought her all her votes! Get really ignorant people and get a life!
Pissed at Poca

United States

#17 Dec 21, 2011
OMG wrote:
The real story is it is Randy Cunningham's fault. He rallied the parents to get him to leave so he could take over. He wanted to be in charge, but he didn't know basketball!!!! He thought because his daughter was a super athlete that he could call the shots because he has lots of money. His daughter also put crap on twitter that went against the team rules. This is the Cunningham spin on things, and they would never find a more experienced coach than Rudy.... Randy's big assed sister needs to shut up too because she put all kinds of crap on facebook and then didn't go to the board meeting and neither did papa randy.(way to support the team-trouble makers) Many angles to this story but the bottom line is that the Cunningham girl is a narsicit and it is all about her..She could care less if they win, she just wants her name in the paper and pictures of herself everywhere- they don't care about winning...they get people to fight their battles for them, but what about the girls that didn't quit, that really wanted to be there? What's up with that? Coach Raynes demands respect, and Randy Cunningham started this entire mess... he is the problem!!!!!!!
What kind of an idiot misspels narcissist. If you even knew what that meant you wouldn't apply that to the Cunningham girl because that is the farthest thing from the truth, if you really took the time to get to know her. Instead Rudy Ann was so jealous of Adrian that she had to have daddy cancel the season so she couldn't pass up Rudy Ann's standing record. Do you think her fellow classmates would vote her Miss Poca High if she was what you say. She didn't have mommy there like Rudi Ann did to make sure she got the crown.
Ogre Here

United States

#18 Dec 21, 2011
No, we don't think your dad turned into a Ogre over the summer, hes been that way ever since I've known him.
notakers

Nitro, WV

#19 Dec 21, 2011
this is one hot mess. maddie mcgrew is an excellent ball player along with miranda linville and both quit because of the coachs' BS. then he tried to save the team by telling 2 other girls they were as good or better than maddie or miranda. college material? neither one could handle the ball or even catch a pass! i was a player on this team and I hope Adrian kicks butt at her new school.poca will be sorry when track season rolls around too. bonecutter's you can thank scotty for wanting raynes to stay and adrian to go. what a joke poca is! adrian will get the last laugh! you go adrian! team ADRIAN!
Dot Fan No More

United States

#20 Dec 21, 2011
Who would stand by and profess to love basketball and let these girls not play out their season? An old geezer and bitch of a daughter is who. But oh you love these girls do you? You had your chance to save the team but you destroyed it instead. What a way to go down in history. Have you even thought about how you would feel Rudy Ann if you lost your basketball season your senior year and your father got the blame for it and you knew it wasn't true? The Raynes are so hell bent on getting even that nothing else matters. Poor, poor girls who ever had to put up with you guys. I heard Coach Cunningham was the only reason you had as many as you did and he had to smooth over what you idiots were doing to these girls. Who calls a girl four-foot tall? I heard that at the Buffalo game. Who tells a girl she should have paid to get in because all she is doing is watching, in the middle of a game, no less. You wonderful coach Rudy Raynes, that is. Who drives a girl down so low that she tries to change her personality and only wants to be accepted and he drives her away to quit and then scares her away from telling her story at the board meeting? Rudy Raynes that is. Hope he wasn't planning on getting Coach of The Year!
slamdunk

Nitro, WV

#21 Dec 21, 2011
rudy and rudi jr. are as full as crap as the Christmas turkey. just because she was a journalist, and I said WAS, does not give you the right to try control the situation by allowing the truth to not be told. you are pathetic! you're old, and I mean old, dad needs to be in a nursing home, not on a basketball court! he can't even remember how old he is? just sayin'!
ActionJesus

Nitro, WV

#22 Dec 21, 2011
OMG wrote:
The real story is it is Randy Cunningham's fault. He rallied the parents to get him to leave so he could take over. He wanted to be in charge, but he didn't know basketball!!!! He thought because his daughter was a super athlete that he could call the shots because he has lots of money. His daughter also put crap on twitter that went against the team rules. This is the Cunningham spin on things, and they would never find a more experienced coach than Rudy.... Randy's big assed sister needs to shut up too because she put all kinds of crap on facebook and then didn't go to the board meeting and neither did papa randy.(way to support the team-trouble makers) Many angles to this story but the bottom line is that the Cunningham girl is a narsicit and it is all about her..She could care less if they win, she just wants her name in the paper and pictures of herself everywhere- they don't care about winning...they get people to fight their battles for them, but what about the girls that didn't quit, that really wanted to be there? What's up with that? Coach Raynes demands respect, and Randy Cunningham started this entire mess... he is the problem!!!!!!!
wow. what a moron!
you have no idea what youre talking about. you wanna call someone a big butt? im sure if you look behind you youll see something youre not proud of.
the whole raynes family can get out of poca. rudi ann is old freaking news. she may have been a "stupid star" when she was in high school, but being 30 and stopping someone 17 years old from doing something good for their school and trying to be the best athlete they can be is embarrassing.
grow up!
youre done!
get over it and quit acting like a 13 year old on her period.
Lost All Hope

United States

#23 Dec 21, 2011
dottalk wrote:
I don't care either way but I can't name one record for girls sports. Would he really care? There is no fame or prize for it? Not like she's trying for a scholarship now. He can be a prick. He can be cool to. I think if a Bunch of girls wanted to play or they showed up and demanded a team then a loley teacher couldn't stop it. Who knows. But a girls record????? I don't think so.
Alright. Who said this, Vic Donaldson or Alan Osborne? Because it sure sounds like one of you since you sure do not care about the Pocas girls sports. You both need to retire and go read up on Title IX
cheifsittingbull

Nitro, WV

#24 Dec 21, 2011
Why are Mr. Donaldson and Mr. Osborne not taking any heat for this? I say bring on the lawsuit because this is bigger than the whole town of Poca! Maybe it's time for a whole new coaching staff and administration to take over! And as far as Adrian Cunningham goes, I hear she is a excellent person and there are several, several schools want her to come play for them. Stop judging her! Would you want someone to be judging your high school senior?
sisterofaformerp layer

Nitro, WV

#25 Dec 21, 2011
alright, let's get the real matter in perspective here..THE BASKETBALL TEAM! Let's not make matter's worse. Why let pride take over? Let's get this 7 year "retired" coach back in his wheelchair and get this team rolling! I feel so sorry for the Seniors; Adrian Cunningham, Lauren Harrison, Harley Willard, and Miranda Linville! I personally witnessed the harassment, and think it's a very sad situation. I was a student of his in middle school and he would throw pencils at students! If this was Rudi Anne's team in high school, you know that this wouldn't fly and they would be doing anything to get a team together! For Mr. Vic Donalson, he doesn't want to be "held accountable" for anything!!!! He couldn't even help a friend of mine when she had a fundraiser at the high school when he was already there! She had to call Coach Lemley to come and let her in the press box! It all makes sense about Rudi Anne not wanting her record broken! It's ridiculous that the school board is setting back and watching this!
R and R hater

United States

#26 Dec 21, 2011
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were the coach and the some of the team didn't like you, although you did nothing wrong....would it be okay? They only want him gone because they don't have fun in practice, and the run too much- wussies!!!!!
Run too much? State champion track star is going to complain about running to much or any of the other girls? Same group of girls mostly from last year. Did you run them harder this year or just get meaner? Go back to Buffalo Scott Depo and Teays Valley where you all belong and take your granddaughter, baby and niece who never wanted to be there to begin with.
stuck in jail..

United States

#27 Dec 21, 2011
You brake one little finger practicing and your hated for life.. Your not cut out to play with us
1 post removed
R you Serious

Charleston, WV

#29 Dec 22, 2011
I played for Coach Raynes, and I was really sad I couldn't come in to speak on his behalf. I just want you to know I didn't like him much either when I played. Neither did my parents because I always complained. But, now that I am an adult, I realize he was the best thing that ever happen to me. He told me no when my parents pretty much let me do anything I wanted. He didn't let Rudi Anne do stupid stuff, and at the time, I thought that he was to hard on her. They did a lot of us as a team, and actually, a lot for me as a person. I do not for one second think Coach Raynes wants this team to dissolve, and I don't think it's right for these girls to go and hand pick a coach so that they don't have to run, or practice hard. I hope they realize how lame that excuse is. He loves the game, and he cares for his players, it is a shame that they don't see that. I really believe this is not the kids talking about him, but the parents. I just want to say, I support Coach Raynes. He made me the person I am today when sometimes no one cared to tell me no. I think it is terrible that the only excuse you can come up with is that he yells and his practices are too hard. When you get out in life and you don't like your boss, do you think you can get a petition together to get them fired, and get a new boss? He is in this position because of experience, and that little girls, I don't think you have enough of to go and find someone better qualified for this team. It hurts me to see him hurt. When I was in high school, and I played, I was really mad at him, but when we won, and I saw how proud of us he was, I was very happy inside, and felt great that he was so proud of us. You guys should really step back and look at the situation.... this is not a good agument for replacing a coach.
stud

Charleston, WV

#30 Dec 22, 2011
sisterofaformerplayer wrote:
alright, let's get the real matter in perspective here..THE BASKETBALL TEAM! Let's not make matter's worse. Why let pride take over? Let's get this 7 year "retired" coach back in his wheelchair and get this team rolling! I feel so sorry for the Seniors; Adrian Cunningham, Lauren Harrison, Harley Willard, and Miranda Linville! I personally witnessed the harassment, and think it's a very sad situation. I was a student of his in middle school and he would throw pencils at students! If this was Rudi Anne's team in high school, you know that this wouldn't fly and they would be doing anything to get a team together! For Mr. Vic Donalson, he doesn't want to be "held accountable" for anything!!!! He couldn't even help a friend of mine when she had a fundraiser at the high school when he was already there! She had to call Coach Lemley to come and let her in the press box! It all makes sense about Rudi Anne not wanting her record broken! It's ridiculous that the school board is setting back and watching this!
Miranda Linville wasn't even on the team. Rules are rules and it sounds like you have a bone to pick with someone else, not girl's basketball. Everyone at school is making this out to be someone's fault when really it is about girls that played last year and quit, and now they are trying to find someone to blame. Why blame the coach, his season was cancelled too? Those girls didn't quit on the coach, they quit on the team, all the girls on that team. One girl quit just because they lost to Nitro... it is that these girls can't take the heat. But, the adults are making it worse. If they would have stayed out of it, this team probably would be having a great season. I actually liked watching them play last year. But, it is what it is-

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is tyler eastwood supposed to be a good fighter? 1 hr jakeredbeard21367 3
Cristie Gibbs 7 hr Lips 4
Mayor (Nov '13) 11 hr jlk0921 57
Lloyd Phucktard Atkinso 11 hr Roger Ebert 5
Mike White (May '13) 15 hr fed up with trash 29
poca go mart 21 hr yep 10
Showcats teacher Sat Wildcat 1
Poca Dating
Find my Match

Poca People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Poca News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Poca

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:50 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:50PM
Browns Overcome Late INTs to Stun ATL
Bleacher Report 3:53 PM
'Good Andy' Beats Texans, Don't Count on Playoff Run
Bleacher Report 3:55 PM
Grading Houston's Positional Units in Week 12
Bleacher Report 4:56 PM
Start Bernard or Hill in Week 13?
NFL 6:38 PM
Texans' Ryan Mallett might have torn right pectoral