|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it was apparent that Wright was hanging with a questionable group of people.
Once she started talking to the investigators about her phone, they all disowned her. A couple probably wanted to do worse.
It looks like another blast of cold air is pushing south in the Pacific ocean. This will cause a huge dip in the jet stream. We need to watch the weather forecast for the middle of the week.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/nepac/loop-...
I don't think for a minute that Wright is just some good, wholesome girl who got caught up with the wrong crowd.
Usually, one hangs with others who have similar interests.
Her references to skittles on her FB page, along with the fact that she was dating a meth dealer, and sharing a home and her phone with a meth cook - doesn't exactly paint a picture of an innocent girl.
This is the person who's story keeps changing.
One day she claimed she was in the basement clipping coupons while Dane was using her phone.
A few days later she says she was in the basement with an ex-boyfriend named James. I, for one, would just LOVE to know what James last name is.
One day, Dane was on the phone with his girlfriend - then another day, she says that Dane's girlfriend was in the basement with her and James.
Later, she says that the girl in the basement wasn't Dane's girlfriend, but, wanted to be.
In yet another version, she was clipping those coupons at the Waffle House.
hopeful

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

This story still boggles my mind. I am torn between certain scenarios. And then I see that beautiful little girls face and my heart aches. How can she just vanish? Do you think the KCPD has evidence they just arent sharing? And what about the PI? I just keep telling myself that tjey can't exploit all of there info....thats the only thing that gives me hope.

“Silence Is Golden”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Web. If you want to check out some cool pics, go here....
http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/
awesome site thanx.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

King George wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think for a minute that Wright is just some good, wholesome girl who got caught up with the wrong crowd.
Usually, one hangs with others who have similar interests.
Her references to skittles on her FB page, along with the fact that she was dating a meth dealer, and sharing a home and her phone with a meth cook - doesn't exactly paint a picture of an innocent girl.
This is the person who's story keeps changing.
One day she claimed she was in the basement clipping coupons while Dane was using her phone.
A few days later she says she was in the basement with an ex-boyfriend named James. I, for one, would just LOVE to know what James last name is.
One day, Dane was on the phone with his girlfriend - then another day, she says that Dane's girlfriend was in the basement with her and James.
Later, she says that the girl in the basement wasn't Dane's girlfriend, but, wanted to be.
In yet another version, she was clipping those coupons at the Waffle House.
LOL, KG. I agree wholeheartedly. I checked out the Facebook page she created and really didn't see a lot of answers to the hard questions put to her. Especially the changing of her story.
Her association with Jersey speaks volumes when considering what type of person she was.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

-Web wrote:
<quoted text>
awesome site thanx.
The entire site is awesome Web. That's where I get all my weather information. I haven't checked out the videos that's on the site, but I've gone through some of the pics.
Enjoy!
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2012

Just making a post to bring the thread back towards the top of the topix list.

“Silence Is Golden”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2012

There were thousands of pages of evidence released in the Anthony case but nothing in baby Lisa Irwin's case.

There has to be a happy medium someplace.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

-Web wrote:
There were thousands of pages of evidence released in the Anthony case but nothing in baby Lisa Irwin's case.
There has to be a happy medium someplace.
Good morning Web.
In my mind there's a couple reasons why there's a big disparity.
Florida's Sunshine Law is suppose to be about open government, but it's more like open season on citizens. The media has distorted the sunshine laws to sell sensationalism.
Secondly, in Florida, they had a hardcore suspect who refused to tell the truth, where here, in Missouri, it's more like a true investigation. LE is not divulging what they know because they want the perp to keep looking over his shoulder.
In Florida, as soon as they realized Anthony was telling lie after lie, they simply stopped investigating other possibilities and focused solely on her. That included using the media to get their desired results......turning public opinion against her.
It worked.
Missouri doesn't allow LE to operate openly like that. They tend to believe in a person's presumed innocence until proven otherwise. In Florida, a suspect is presumed guilty until proven innocent.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Web, there's an article on CNN's website today that talks about journalists and the media in general. Here's a snippet....

Nowadays, the line between entertainment and news gets ever thinner, says DePauw University journalism professor Mark Tatge, driven by corporate mergers, the search for traffic and profits and -- above all -- the proliferation of news sources on the Web.

"There's entertainment and then there's news, and over the last 25 years the two have merged," he says. "And the biggest change is that everybody is a content producer. Everybody has a megaphone and everybody has a voice, and as a result of that, people want to put their own spin on things."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/21/us/american-tru...

It's all about the money, not necessarily the truth. That's why we've always questioned what the media has put out there for us to read. The comment, "the search for traffic and profit" is so very true.
I would rather hear the truth, so I'm glad Kansas City's media is kind of hamstrung here.

“Silence Is Golden”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

Thank you The Literary fabricators was a very interesting read.

I have to look up the definition of hamstrung. lol

hamstrung means no reporting is better than false reporting?

or something to that effect.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

-Web wrote:
Thank you The Literary fabricators was a very interesting read.
I have to look up the definition of hamstrung. lol
hamstrung means no reporting is better than false reporting?
or something to that effect.
What I meant by hamstrung is the Kansas City media is out of the loop when it comes to official information. They are no more in the know than you and I. The investigators have made sure there is nothing to report on, so, the media has no option but to sit quietly and let the investigators do their job.
So yes, no reporting is better than false reporting.
Many of us want to know what the investigators know. We sit on the edge of our seats, waiting for any little tidbit of information that would give us a clue as to what happened to baby Lisa. The media would love to feed us some tidbits if they had some. In the initial days following Lisa's disappearance there were many tidbits to be had. The reporters were knocking on doors and talking to neighbors even before the investigators had a chance to interview them. Some information, like the multiple sightings of a man with a baby that night, was reported, and rightly so. But to save the integrity of the investigation, the investigators told the neighbors/witnesses to keep their mouths shut the next time reporters came knocking.
The only one that refused to follow that directive was Megan Wright. The investigation was making her look bad. She set up her facebook page and offered to answer questions from anyone.
She says she moved to get away from that group of people that she was living with. It's my opinion that she moved to get away from the influence and pressure of Kansas City investigators and media. She's basically in hiding.
The media has no source of information, but that doesn't mean that the investigation is at a standstill. If the investigators released some tidbits, we would be forming a vigilante posse and stringing someone up. No one likes a perp who commits crimes against defenseless babies. The law says the perp has to be proven guilty in a court of law, not the court of public opinion.
It's maddening that an arrest hasn't been made. I want someone held accountable, just like you. But I do want to be told the truth. I don't want this case to become a circus like Caylee's case was.
Let's be patient knowing that someone will pay a price for this crime, one way or another. The truth will come out.
Jesse

Smithville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
What I meant by hamstrung is the Kansas City media is out of the loop when it comes to official information. They are no more in the know than you and I. The investigators have made sure there is nothing to report on, so, the media has no option but to sit quietly and let the investigators do their job.
Many of us want to know what the investigators know. We sit on the edge of our seats, waiting for any little tidbit of information that would give us a clue as to what happened to baby Lisa. The media would love to feed us some tidbits if they had some. In the initial days following Lisa's disappearance there were many tidbits to be had. The reporters were knocking on doors and talking to neighbors even before the investigators had a chance to interview them. Some information, like the multiple sightings of a man with a baby that night, was reported, and rightly so. But to save the integrity of the investigation, the investigators told the neighbors/witnesses to keep their mouths shut the next time reporters came knocking.
The only one that refused to follow that directive was Megan Wright. The investigation was making her look bad. She set up her facebook page and offered to answer questions from anyone.
She says she moved to get away from that group of people that she was living with. It's my opinion that she moved to get away from the influence and pressure of Kansas City investigators and media. She's basically in hiding.
The media has no source of information, but that doesn't mean that the investigation is at a standstill. If the investigators released some tidbits, we would be forming a vigilante posse and stringing someone up. No one likes a perp who commits crimes against defenseless babies. The law says the perp has to be proven guilty in a court of law, not the court of public opinion.
It's maddening that an arrest hasn't been made. I want someone held accountable, just like you. But I do want to be told the truth. I don't want this case to become a circus like Caylee's case was.
Let's be patient knowing that someone will pay a price for this crime, one way or another. The truth will come out.
Jusr like it did with JonBenet huh?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

any new news? i still pray they find her safe
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Jusr like it did with JonBenet huh?
There are always exceptions to the rule.
I would prefer to liken this to Elizabeth Smart's abduction, in the middle of the night, with her sister present in the same room. There was a lot of finger pointing at first, but they eventually found her. Alive.
JonBenet was found murdered, in her own home, by her father, after the police had searched the home. That case was weird from the word go. From what I understand, the brother, now grown, still resists talking to investigators. I wonder why.

“Silence Is Golden”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post helped to put perspective on things.
You have a way of explaining things in a clear and concise manner.

Remember the attorney vowed she would not stop until she found answers.

“Silence Is Golden”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Patience is a virtue.

I wonder if the Boulder police had not zeroed in exclusively on the Ramsey family if the out come would have been different.

Maybe the KC police are covering all bases with this case.
Unlike the Anthony and Ramsey case?

Have you read this article?
John Ramsey has written a book-
The death of JonBenet Ramsey, the childhood beauty queen murdered in 1996, is still unresolved, but 15 years later her father, John Ramsey, is speaking out with his own theories about what happened that night.
"I think what happened, and it's I guess supported by evidence, is this person came into our home when we were out for dinner on Christmas night and then waited until we went to bed and took JonBenet from her room," John says.
John says he's unsure whether it was someone he knew, but says crime profilers have guessed that the killer is someone who was either angry at or jealous of John.
http://www.andersoncooper.com/2012/03/14/jonb...
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

-Web wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post helped to put perspective on things.
You have a way of explaining things in a clear and concise manner.
Remember the attorney vowed she would not stop until she found answers.
Even as an attorney, she can only go so far. If she were to meddle in the investigation, LE would threaten her with charges of obstruction in a heartbeat.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

-Web wrote:
<quoted text>
Patience is a virtue.
I wonder if the Boulder police had not zeroed in exclusively on the Ramsey family if the out come would have been different.
Maybe the KC police are covering all bases with this case.
Unlike the Anthony and Ramsey case?
Have you read this article?
John Ramsey has written a book-
The death of JonBenet Ramsey, the childhood beauty queen murdered in 1996, is still unresolved, but 15 years later her father, John Ramsey, is speaking out with his own theories about what happened that night.
"I think what happened, and it's I guess supported by evidence, is this person came into our home when we were out for dinner on Christmas night and then waited until we went to bed and took JonBenet from her room," John says.
John says he's unsure whether it was someone he knew, but says crime profilers have guessed that the killer is someone who was either angry at or jealous of John.
http://www.andersoncooper.com/2012/03/14/jonb...
I hadn't seen that article, Web. Thank you.
My own personal opinion of that case was that the younger brother did it and the parents covered for him to keep from losing both of them.
I base my opinion on the fact that her body was found in the home and the fake ransom note that surfaced.
I admit that I know very little about the case though.

“Silence Is Golden”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Alleged Baby Kidnapping Results in Murder Charge

Do the Jones charges mean anything for two other missing baby cases where the police suspect parents made false kidnapping claims, Lisa Irwin and Ayla Reynolds? A distinguishing feature of the Jones case is a witness to Lane's alleged abuse of his daughter on the same day she was reported missing. This minimizes the risk of a failed prosecution since jurors can convict on either or both of the abuse and murder charges.

http://news.yahoo.com/fake-baby-kidnapping-le...
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

-Web wrote:
Alleged Baby Kidnapping Results in Murder Charge
Do the Jones charges mean anything for two other missing baby cases where the police suspect parents made false kidnapping claims, Lisa Irwin and Ayla Reynolds? A distinguishing feature of the Jones case is a witness to Lane's alleged abuse of his daughter on the same day she was reported missing. This minimizes the risk of a failed prosecution since jurors can convict on either or both of the abuse and murder charges.
http://news.yahoo.com/fake-baby-kidnapping-le...
Hi Web.
As the article points out, there's a big difference in the Jones case. There was a witness that came forward that will testify that Jones was abusing his daughter the day he says she was kidnapped.
In the Reynolds case, there were at least three adults present and none of them are telling all they know. Should the prosecutor charge all three and wait for one of them to crack and tell the truth? How could we tell who is telling the truth at this point in time?
At least in this Irwin case, there are witnesses that had seen a man carrying a nearly naked baby that late night, early morning. That's enough evidence to make any jury think twice before convicting Bradley of killing her child. Since no one has come forward, in this highly publicized case, admitting that it was their child being carried down the road and not baby Lisa, Bradley's story could be absolutely true.
The article also mentions how difficult it is to get a conviction on circumstantial evidence alone. Especially a murder case with no body. I know, I know. We heard for 3 years that circumstantial evidence is just as compelling as physical evidence. We also saw the results of that murder case where the prosecution could not prove how the victim died, when the victim died, or where the victim died.
Murder cases have no statute of limitations. A prosecutor can wait until the evidence surfaces before charging someone, even if that evidence doesn't surface for 20 - 25 years.
In Casey Anthony's case, the prosecution went forward with just circumstantial evidence.....for the most part. They expected the defense to roll over and not put up much of a fight. How could they possibly explain away the 31 days of non reporting or all the lies? Well, they have to account for all the adults that were living in the Anthony household who babysat Caylee at different times. I figured they were going to throw Cindy under the bus, but in the end George was more convenient.
That's the downside to the Reynolds case. There were more than one who could have caused harm to the child.
As long as Deborah Bradley has those two witnesses who will swear they saw a man carrying a baby down the street that night, she will never be charged for anything unless new evidence surfaces.
In the Jones case, there is at least one witness who will swear that they witnessed Jones physically abuse his daughter that morning. He had better hope they never find a little body because he could end up with a life sentence if they do.
So after all that rambling I would have to say that the Jones case will have no bearing on the other cases.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Platte City Discussions

Search the Platte City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
remove slanderous post from Topix NOW 5 hr Ronny 6
Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... 6 hr kcmo 3
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 6 hr The Anti Liberal 95,514
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 17 hr vote to vote 10,207
has brought in Susan Stanton (Feb '10) 17 hr Another former employee 5
Apparatus and method for remotely monitoring an... 19 hr puuuleeeazzzze 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 23 hr Samuel 18,546
•••

Air Quality Alert for Platte County was issued at July 25 at 2:56PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Platte City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Platte City People Search