Kirk Homes vs. Orleans Homes

Posted in the Plainfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BB Resident

Joliet, IL

#1 Nov 10, 2007
my husband and I are looking to build a home in Bolingbrook and we are torn between the Kirk Homes and the Orleans Homes. Does anyone have any experience with either of these builders?
BB Resident Too

United States

#2 Mar 5, 2008
You seem to get a lot more for your money with Orleans.
RBSB

Crystal Lake, IL

#3 May 5, 2008
Kirk is one of the best builders I know-they stick to what they say, are somewhat flexible with options and solutions, and are always reasonable. We know many Kirk buyers and they have been nothing but happy and satisfied. Orleans, to me, builds a cheaper quality home.
cpb

Bolingbrook, IL

#4 May 7, 2008
If you take quality out of the equation, it makes it easy to "look" like you are getting more for your money. Price is a one time issue quality is forever.
mlm

Mokena, IL

#5 Aug 5, 2008
Kirk is NOT one of the best builders. I live in a kirk neighborhood and more than 75% of the homeowners here HATE kirk. They are SO not flexible with options OR solutions. They don't return phone calls and NEVER follow up on complaints. DO NOT go with kirk. They are cheap cheap cheap!!!
RSNS

AOL

#6 Aug 26, 2008
Kirk is great and extremely flexible with customizing features to each individuals needs with good pricing. Kirk is also preserving values within their communities rather than price slashing or using inferior products as many other builders have adopted. Service is exceptional before and after closing. I speak for myself and I am extremely pleased with Kirk Homes and the value they provide. Sometimes Complaints are unrealistic expectations so it would be hard to ever satisfy that individual. Good Luck Kirk Homes!
MCL

Bolingbrook, IL

#7 Aug 27, 2008
Lived in my Kirk Home for 6 yrs now, and can honestly say, "DON'T BUY A KIRK HOME!" The subcontractors they hire to do the job do poor work! Have had nothing but problems since the first month of moving in! Have a few friends who live in Barclay Estates by Realen Homes (now Orleans Homes) and both friends have been totally satisfied with their homes, they've been living in their homes as long as we've have. I find that Orleans Homes have better floor plans than Kirk. And the quality of workmanship was better by far.
dont

Alsip, IL

#8 Aug 27, 2008
dont go with kirk
laurelmeadows

Mokena, IL

#9 Aug 28, 2008
We have been in our kirk home for 2 yrs and HATE kirk. I don't think the posters on here are real customers because I feel a real kirk homebuyer would NEVER say they are felxible with customizing!! We had real complaints that were realistic and we were NEVER satisfied. Most people in our subdivision feel that kirk didn't even care about their complaints....and there are ALOT of them.
STAY AWAY FROM KIRK!!!!
HAPPY

Sterling, IL

#10 Aug 29, 2008
These must be people who never can be pleased. Building and ownership of a home has a significant amount of responsibility that comes with the purchase. No home is maintence free. I have had several homes and none have been perfect, however Kirk Cares to make it right.
Happy home owner

Chicago, IL

#11 Sep 7, 2008
I live in Orlean's home in LITH for 6 months, I am very happy with their construction and service provided. They follow-up properly with any repair work
AYS

San Francisco, CA

#12 Sep 7, 2008
HAPPY wrote:
These must be people who never can be pleased. Building and ownership of a home has a significant amount of responsibility that comes with the purchase. No home is maintence free. I have had several homes and none have been perfect, however Kirk Cares to make it right.
Are you SURE we are all talking about the *same* Kirk Homes? Because the Kirk homes I'm thinking about isn't very good.
slap happy

Pickerington, OH

#13 Sep 8, 2008
HAPPY wrote:
And there are some people who can change a tire on their home(s) and think they have the world in their hands.
SOX FAN

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 15, 2008
Do not purcahse a Kirk home!!!I had a KIrk home for 7 years and was BAD,BAD,BAD
cpb

Bolingbrook, IL

#15 Oct 18, 2008
Kirk Homes HAS NEVER EVER BUILT A HOME IN MOKENA IL!!!!!!!!!! These boards are nothing but a mecha for lies and annonymous slander!!! I have owned 2 Kirk Homes and have nothing but the highest regards for Kirk Homes!
ben there

Carol Stream, IL

#16 Oct 18, 2008
Instead of debating home builders I suggest looking closer at your chosen location. This place has mediocre schools at best. Taxes are high. Local government is heavy handed except in an election year - red light cameras, wolf pack. The roads are crap. The sidewalks are crap. I've had people throw firecrackers at my family and I while we were walking. People have thrown things at my son riding his bike. I can't wait to leave. What kind of deal do you want for my house?
BB Resident

Joliet, IL

#17 Oct 18, 2008
ben there wrote:
Instead of debating home builders I suggest looking closer at your chosen location. This place has mediocre schools at best. Taxes are high. Local government is heavy handed except in an election year - red light cameras, wolf pack. The roads are crap. The sidewalks are crap. I've had people throw firecrackers at my family and I while we were walking. People have thrown things at my son riding his bike. I can't wait to leave. What kind of deal do you want for my house?
I have friends and relatives that live in Bolingbrook and have nothing but good things to say about the town. After my research, the growth of the town seems amazing. I also just saw an article ranking Bolingbrook as the number 32 town in the country to live in. I am sorry your experience is bad, but I will take the word of my friends and family for insight into a town. I am looking for a diverse community that has many things to offer and Bolingbrook seems like my kind of town.
MCL

Bolingbrook, IL

#18 Oct 20, 2008
cpb wrote:
Kirk Homes HAS NEVER EVER BUILT A HOME IN MOKENA IL!!!!!!!!!! These boards are nothing but a mecha for lies and annonymous slander!!! I have owned 2 Kirk Homes and have nothing but the highest regards for Kirk Homes!
Kirk Home Builders SUCK!
ex- Kirk Employee

Chicago, IL

#19 Oct 22, 2008
They will build the house you choose as fast as they can with the cheapest trades. So no different from anyone else. In regards to coustomer service. Every project has different people running them. If your not happy, contact the corporate office and they will be more than fair with you.
aVC

Wheaton, IL

#20 Oct 28, 2008
We Have a Kirk home. They are somewhat aggervating to deal with, but they try hard. Our Kirk home had a "huge" minor leak, and a couple nail pops, end of problems. They came out the next day and fixed the leaking window. I took care of my nail pops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plainfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 13 min Halloween 7,898
Who is running for trustee? 34 min TeaTime 1
cops 46 min Lockport local 29
Lenny Wawczak Courtroom Countdown 1 hr Pup on a leash 61
It's beginning to look a Lock like Christmas 2 hr JTW 7
You little smack talker 2 hr Robert Thomas 5
Having a Yumbo today 5 hr McDLT 1
Plainfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Plainfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Plainfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Plainfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:31 pm PST

Bleacher Report11:31PM
Can Bears Turn Back to Cutler After Loss?
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?
NBC Sports 8:09 AM
Marc Trestman: We'll talk about whether Jimmy Clausen starts again
NFL 8:57 AM
Dominic Raiola says Ferguson stomp was unintentional