Pownal man found dead after house fire

Full story: Berkshire Eagle

Firefighters discovered the body of Hans J. Schiermeyer, 53, while battling the fire that destroyed his home Wednesday night, state police confirmed this morning.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Joe Insurance Claims

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

How to negate your life insurance policy and homeowner's policy in one fell swoop.
blackbird

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

I know this man's wife well. she is a sweet, kind, and gentle person. I can't imagine what this must be like for her. I don't know why he did this but the pain he has surely inflicted will last a very long time.
Sorry to hear

Valatie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Sorry to hear this.
Rest in peace Hans.
And for his wife and children, may they find some peace too.
selfish

Greenfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Hans, very selfish act.
Shut Up

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Show some respect for everyone involved including the deceased by keeping your pathetically unintelligent comments to your lonesome self. I'm sure you have lived a sin free perfect life you critical little cockroach.

I know both these people and I am truly devastated for them both. I'm sure everyone involved would like the opportunity at a "do over" however, life doesn't operate that way. In the meantime, I will not cast judgment on anyone, it's not my place and it certainly isn't yours.
Shut Up

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

selfish wrote:
Hans, very selfish act.
Show some respect for everyone involved including the deceased by keeping your pathetically unintelligent comments to your lonesome self. I'm sure you have lived a sin free perfect life you critical little cockroach.

I know both these people and I am truly devastated for them both. I'm sure everyone involved would like the opportunity at a "do over" however, life doesn't operate that way. In the meantime, I will not cast judgment on anyone, it's not my place and it certainly isn't yours.
judge this

Halifax, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Shut Up wrote:
<quoted text>
... your pathetically unintelligent comments... you critical little cockroach....I will not cast judgment on anyone...
You did cast judgment, dipshlt.

Since you get so easily wound up....the wife did it! Hahahahahaha!
Emerald

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

How sad. If only those who do something like this would think of those he leaves behind. It really is one of the most selfish acts a person can commit. The grief and guilt the bereaved have to endure is beyond compare. My heart goes out to his family.
Shut Up

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

judge this wrote:
<quoted text>
I cast fact, not judgment. I am confident I would be wasting my time explaining the difference of the two to an educated individual such as yourself.

furthermore, I am considerably mystified as to why you believe I get "wound up." You noticeably base that theory on statements I made while referring to the other gentleman. Although I certainly can appreciate why you would consider such a belief, the fact remains you are entirely out of bounds with your consideration.

Undoubtedly, the "wife" comment would send a short tempered personality into a blistering agitation, however, after reading your post, I merely chuckled as it was clear to me your creativity, humor and overall uniqueness bordered on the level of pitiable and weak.

Nonetheless, I wish you the best of luck with your miserable existence. You're a zero and we all know you're working a dead-end job Monday - Friday barely making enough money to pay you measly bills. I mention this as I am a professional pilot that enjoys a life you can only daydream about when you enter a convenience store after another monotonous work day of being told what to do as you purchase your discount cigarettes and scratch tickets. I don't get "wound up" I actually enjoy this Topix infighting, despite my clear one-sided advantage.
blackbird

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

judge this wrote:
<quoted text>
no, your mother did it, jerk!
selfish man

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

he was not thinking or caring about his family and friends. very selfish german man.
blackbird

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

now why did you have to bring in his ethnic background? what the heck does that have to do with it? I didn't know him but I do know his wife. she is german too. she's a sweet lady.
by the way, my grandmother was german too, not that it matters.
I do agree that suicide is selfish. no argument there. although some times it is intended to hurt people and that goes way beyond selfish in my mind. still, do you suppose your comment about how selfish it is made his wife and sons feel any better about having lost a husband/father? really?
Emerald

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2010

selfish man wrote:
he was not thinking or caring about his family and friends. very selfish german man.
Yes, I do think it would be helpful for the family to realize what a selfish act that was, and be able to be angry at the deceased. Anger is a legitimate response and they need to know it is OK to feel that way. There are mountains of guilt associated with a family member's suicide, and one should not add to that by feeling guilty about being angry. Recognizing that the deceased is the only one responsible for his act is a difficult task, but one that must be accomplished in order for the family to work through this in a healthy manner.
blackbird

East Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Emerald wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I do think it would be helpful for the family to realize what a selfish act that was, and be able to be angry at the deceased. Anger is a legitimate response and they need to know it is OK to feel that way. There are mountains of guilt associated with a family member's suicide, and one should not add to that by feeling guilty about being angry. Recognizing that the deceased is the only one responsible for his act is a difficult task, but one that must be accomplished in order for the family to work through this in a healthy manner.
yes, they have every reason to be angry at what he did. and how he did it. he left his wife with no way to rebuild her home, or collect the life insurance intended to bury him. college for the younger son will probably have to be put off. and they are all left to heal from this devistation. HE did this and it was by his own choice. how can they not be angry?
there will be regrets. and they do need to know it is ok to be angry too. I just hope they can find their way through all this pain. it has to be unbearable for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Pittsfield Forum right now

Search the Pittsfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
fall time ??? 4 hr Glen Back is Always Wrong 4
Obama changes the Census to make Obamacare look... 4 hr Glen Back is Always Wrong 5
Fox news talk 4 hr Glen Back is Always Wrong 3
Bill Clinton will 4 hr Glen Back is Always Wrong 2
Pittsfield jeweler defaults in civil case alleg... 5 hr Pittsfield Pete 8
Joseph A. Yannone ----- Mark Joseph Jewelers --... (Jun '13) 6 hr so he lost 68
The fine art of INTERNET stalking 6 hr Shun abuse be kind 22
•••
•••
•••
Pittsfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••