Hillcrest Educational Centers a horrible place to work.

Posted in the Pittsfield Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
disgruntled

Lenox, MA

#1 Nov 21, 2011
This Berkshire County employer is a horrible place to work. They treat the employees like slaves. HEC has ruined a once good reputation by mistreating their employees.
Little Blue Alien

Springfield, MA

#2 Nov 21, 2011
Kinda sounds like the grocery Department at Big Y Foods Inc.
Joe Blow

Pittsfield, MA

#3 Nov 21, 2011
disgruntled wrote:
This Berkshire County employer is a horrible place to work. They treat the employees like slaves. HEC has ruined a once good reputation by mistreating their employees.
what kind of mistreatment?
Jerri Burke

Easthampton, MA

#4 Nov 21, 2011
Yep I worked there years ago and it sucked then too.. Pay their employees shitt and are quick to blame when things happen. Not an easy job to say the least.
occupyhillcrest

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Nov 21, 2011
It is a company that discriminates. All work places have their favorite employees. However HEC takes this to the extreme. If you do anytime of entry level job you are looked at and treated as an incompetent drone. No personal expression or opinions are allowed. This non profit racket claims to pride themselves on employee professionaism. However the HR department is quite the opposite.
occupyhillcrest

Pittsfield, MA

#6 Nov 21, 2011
Joe Blow wrote:
<quoted text>
what kind of mistreatment?
Treating the employees at trash. They will do anything to blame others for their mistakes. I usually dont post but this place has wronged so many people who have dedicated thier time to helping kids. Its a bussiness plan and simple. Hillcrest is designed to make a few rich and the rest struggle.
Nurse

Albany, NY

#7 Nov 22, 2011
occupyhillcrest wrote:
It is a company that discriminates. All work places have their favorite employees. However HEC takes this to the extreme. If you do anytime of entry level job you are looked at and treated as an incompetent drone. No personal expression or opinions are allowed. This non profit racket claims to pride themselves on employee professionaism. However the HR department is quite the opposite.
Yah I like that non profit moniker. there is nothing non profit about this place or BMC either. there are people making millions on these medical facilities and don't let them make you think otherwise. Health care contributes to the pockets of many of the one percenters who control much of the nations wealth.
Jerry Burke

Easthampton, MA

#8 Nov 22, 2011
And when these children grow up and out of the system from which generally originates from an out of town agency sum of these now adult kids are relocated here in this community. You people have no idea the how grimey this company is.
ALERT SEX OFFENDER

Adams, MA

#10 Nov 22, 2011
Flobaeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jerry can i come with you house hunting? Find a place in North Adams yet? When you refer to adult kids i'll say i'm one myself and sure i'm in need of some help if you know what i mean? More family the more fun???? Grimey is game me and and my family are going to play when i move - eh?
<<<<<<< <ALERT SEX OFFENDER>>>>> >>>
noway

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Nov 22, 2011
I worked at h.e.c for 3 years leaving oct of last year i found hec to be an excellant oppurtunity if you had a bad experience you can talk to the board of directors or perhaps even a lawyer but do not use this kind of forum to get even. because hillcrest all in all is a well run company from the top on down j.m.
Pat PRENDERASS

Pittsfield, MA

#12 Nov 22, 2011
my friend tommmy ASSOMOWITS works for HEC. He also stinks like shit.
Hooked on Phonics

Easthampton, MA

#14 Nov 22, 2011
noway wrote:
I worked at h.e.c for 3 years leaving oct of last year i found hec to be an excellant oppurtunity if you had a bad experience you can talk to the board of directors or perhaps even a lawyer but do not use this kind of forum to get even. because hillcrest all in all is a well run company from the top on down j.m.
Lemme guess you is a spelling teacher??
ALERT SEX OFFENDER

Adams, MA

#15 Nov 22, 2011
1+1=2 FAILTIME AND HIS MOTHERS ALTER EGO...
FLO THE SEX OFFENDER!! DUMB AS A BOX OF ROCKS!!
realplz

Pittsfield, MA

#18 Nov 23, 2011
All in all it is a corrupt organization. Do you really think the board will listen to someone who gets spit, blood, cum, and physical violence thrown at them every time they go to work.....For ten dollars an hour. Shut that place down. Stop releasing violent twisted kids in our community.
Pat PRENDERASS

Pittsfield, MA

#19 Nov 23, 2011
I can help.
prpr1

Pittsfield, MA

#20 Nov 30, 2011
sounds like a hell hole. Sorry for anyone that had to work there.
Ellie

Springfield, MA

#21 Nov 30, 2011
Are HEC staff unionized? It certainly won't help all the problems but it does help some. The salary will never be high and there will always be behavioral issues to deal with but staff deserve the utmost respect for the work they do day in and day out. Unfortunately, this is the way it is at the adult providers as well but I think we do treat our staff with more dignity than staff who work with those under 22yrs.
Flobaeker

Pittsfield, MA

#22 Nov 30, 2011
Ellie wrote:
Are HEC staff unionized? It certainly won't help all the problems but it does help some. The salary will never be high and there will always be behavioral issues to deal with but staff deserve the utmost respect for the work they do day in and day out. Unfortunately, this is the way it is at the adult providers as well but I think we do treat our staff with more dignity than staff who work with those under 22yrs.
You still looking for a place in North Adams. This response says you are dumb enough.
Ellie

Springfield, MA

#23 Nov 30, 2011
Flobaeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You still looking for a place in North Adams. This response says you are dumb enough.
...and what is your intelligent response to people who work harder in one day than you will ever work in a lifetime and hardly get paid anything for it?
As far as your obsession with North Adams, get over it already. You write the same thing in all your posts no matter the topic. Did it ever occur to you that there are people who post on these forums who live no where near you? Seems like you are only aware of two small towns and haven't ever been out of Berkshire County your entire life.
superfann

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Nov 30, 2011
Wheres my freakin angelinas grinder reeeealy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
me (Jul '10) 3 hr Yup 43
Bruce Barnaby the monster (Jun '11) 6 hr Lying ashwipe 48
Don't park in those handicap spots, please 6 hr IRA 1
Councilor Paul Capitanio pleads not guilty to c... (Aug '13) 7 hr the city I hate 125
Dan Bianchi 9 hr the city I hate 3
Pittsfield politics forever (Jul '12) 9 hr Pittsfield politics 476
Scago and Massimiano: The ultimate odd couple (Mar '10) 9 hr cops are liars an... 73
Pittsfield Dating
Find my Match

Pittsfield Jobs

Pittsfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pittsfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pittsfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]