Not good

United States

#1 May 31, 2012
Things seem to be looking worse and worse for our schools. We will have interms for Super and Deputy Super' next year.

Now my neighbour and a school employee are got pink slipped today. That's all we need, a high price tagged school with expanding class sizes for our kids 'cos we have to lay off teachers.

The story gets better and better every day.
St Joe Stud

East Longmeadow, MA

#2 Jun 1, 2012
Lots of teachers get pink slips and are rehired by the end of summer. This is nothing new. Besides, if they got a pink slip they must have been thought of as expendable. Or screwing up something
Bum Farto

South Hadley, MA

#3 Jun 1, 2012
Rather teacher lay offs why not lay off public safety personnel who can't conduct themselves appropriately. Only in it for the pay check, only extra curricular activity is being loud mouthed tough guy in a bar room at two in the morning. No respect for the local uniform any more.
Insane in the Brain

Pittsfield, MA

#4 Jun 1, 2012
St Joe Stud wrote:
Lots of teachers get pink slips and are rehired by the end of summer. This is nothing new. Besides, if they got a pink slip they must have been thought of as expendable. Or screwing up something
Not true, it's all about license and seniority.
Read the Gazette

Pittsfield, MA

#6 Jun 5, 2012
Yeah, IitB is right...any teacher without 3 years experience (professional status formerly known as tenure) is elligible for automatic layoff notices regardless of performance. Thats why its hard to KEEP good young teachers. And the dinosaurs that refuse to go away even though they can no longer cut the mustard in 2012...you cant even think about touching them! Forget about the plethora of public school employees who sit around in meetings all day, gumming up the works, and dont actually see or service kids!!! In this group you will find your OT's, PT's, and various math and literacry "coaches"...if it were up to me, I would "cut the heads" of anyone who doesnt see kids first, and teachers absolutely last!!!
fire them all

North Adams, MA

#7 Jun 5, 2012
good many teachers should be fired for doing a lousy job including the old billy goats.
Old School

Glendale, MA

#8 Jun 10, 2012
fire them all wrote:
good many teachers should be fired for doing a lousy job including the old billy goats.
I agree, to a point, about canning the dead weight teachers.
ALSO, ought to fire a whole lot of parents for doing a crap job of raising their kids to be respectful and have any semblance of interest for learning.
LunchTime

Holyoke, MA

#9 Jun 10, 2012
They can always find a job at five guys fresh burgers and fries!
fire them all

North Adams, MA

#10 Jun 10, 2012
Old School wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, to a point, about canning the dead weight teachers.
ALSO, ought to fire a whole lot of parents for doing a crap job of raising their kids to be respectful and have any semblance of interest for learning.
a lot of teacher have bad kids too so what are you saying. if your a teacher you can't have bad kids. i know a few teachers that have had bad kids that grew into bad adults..
nope

Pittsfield, MA

#11 Jun 10, 2012
fire them all wrote:
<quoted text>a lot of teacher have bad kids too so what are you saying. if your a teacher you can't have bad kids. i know a few teachers that have had bad kids that grew into bad adults..
Anyone who knows what they're doing in admin takes that into consideration (a very tough class, particularly troubled student etc.) I think we are talking about teachers who refuse to try anything new and think that just because they have done something the same way for 20 years that it is the ONLY way of doing it. There is definitely dead weight that needs to shape up or ship out.
fire them all

North Adams, MA

#12 Jun 11, 2012
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who knows what they're doing in admin takes that into consideration (a very tough class, particularly troubled student etc.) I think we are talking about teachers who refuse to try anything new and think that just because they have done something the same way for 20 years that it is the ONLY way of doing it. There is definitely dead weight that needs to shape up or ship out.
What I mean if a teacher can not control their own kids how in the world can they control other peoples kids in class..
Old School

Glendale, MA

#13 Jun 20, 2012
fire them all wrote:
<quoted text>a lot of teacher have bad kids too so what are you saying. if your a teacher you can't have bad kids. i know a few teachers that have had bad kids that grew into bad adults..
Apparently, reading comprehension was obviously not a strong point, as denoted by the above response.

By the way, "you're" = contraction for "you are".

"Your" is a possessive pronoun...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bianchi and Lothrop 12 min the city I hate 2
TT: Is PITTSCITY ELDERS a paid govvie shill? 18 hr PATRIOT_Who Loves... 5
dan valenti should be removed from p.ct.v. 21 hr Praxis33 24
Pittsfield jeweler defaults in civil case alleg... (Apr '14) 21 hr shiver-me-timbers 13
Sacre Bleu!! The US Stock Market 22 hr shiver-me-timbers 2
Pittsfield Mayor Bianchi gets free ride to seco... (Aug '13) 22 hr Praxis33 13
Detective Peter McGuire (Jun '13) 23 hr Praxis33 337

Flood Warning for Berkshire County was issued at October 23 at 8:51AM EDT

Pittsfield Dating
Find my Match

Pittsfield Jobs

Pittsfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pittsfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pittsfield

Personal Finance