John Eye's Big Sandy Superstore successful because of employees, dedicated customers

Nov 17, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Register-herald.com

“But none of this would be possible without the customers and employees”

John Eye's Big Sandy has served southern West Virginia for over 60 years. In 1996 the John W. Eye Co. via Register-herald.com

Comments
221 - 240 of 265 Comments Last updated May 5, 2013
lark

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

wow
dude

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

totally
dude

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

totaly
omo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

wy
Pete

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

Go to Mattress Mart--they will treat you fair with good prices.
bignbald

Winfield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

We bought a recliner from their floor...Went back to pick it up since they said it would be a week for THEM to deliver it. Took my own truck to pick it up and they had SOLD it....Took three weeks to get another....Delivery truck still too busy...Glad wife was there to save the little man any grief....WILL NOT GO BACK...
Me to

Merrillville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

Never again , they are all rude . I like kammers
not again

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

No I will not buy again it took over 2 months to get the chair that goes with my couch.They should not say they are having a sale when they have to order from overseas. I will try to find MADE IN AMERICA!!!
Lmao

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

The only thing John Eye has going for it is Alex..John Eye is Def not where you wanna buy your furniture ,,There service after the sale is horrrible ,,That is if you ever recieve your furniture..
Who

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Who is Alex?
babs

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Well they sure don't have Quality going for them loves!
Their furniture is plain junk loves!!
Muah
Bahahahahaha

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

well i thought i was the only one that wont ever buy from them again! in 2006 we bought a large couch w/ bed and recliners & table i had the money so i paid w/debit card.That old bag that works there treated me like i had raped her mother payed em 2800+ delivery and tax had to show id wife also had to show hers. Shes not even on my account! No thanks come again from the old bag! or there crappie sales people! acted like she did us a favor!I didn't expect them to kiss my feet but i dam sure wont ever buy there again like my late dad use to say when someone did him like that "let the bastards starve" and i have and will!! also i hate that dam couch!
FedUpWithJWE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Well, we bought a theater couch from them just a couple of months ago. It is breaking down! We are not heavy people and we have no children. Barely been used. I called them to tell them that the cushioning was going flat and the stitching was separating. I was referred to the Beckley office. W0W!!! They are the RUDEST/Most HATEFULL IDIOTS I have EVER tried to talk to in my life!!! The females were more interested in being rude and talking down to me! I have NEVER been so disrespected in my life like I was when I called to get someone to come to my home to see what I was talking about! I contacted the BBB and Atty. General's Office on them yesterday. I was told they get calls on them almost every day and they are sending me forms in the mail to file a complaint. I will not take this kind of treatment or junk from them any longer! We also paid cash. Instead of arguing with them, contact the BBB and the West Virginia Atty. General's Office and file complaints. Get your money back! Heilig Meyers had this happen to them and a ClassA Lawsuit was filed against them. This will work.
wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Who sells the best quality furniture?
babs

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

wondering wrote:
Who sells the best quality furniture?
Allen's or Kammers love
Muah;-) Bahahahaha
notamember

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Infact i bought furniture there its good and yes they will stand behind it dont know what youre talking about . HAve good furniture.
Ppl are ignorant

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Most furniture stores sell the same damn furniture. It's not like John eyes make their if own furniture. Go buy the same crap you have now at a different store and it will do the same damn thing. All stores have good and bad people. I was referred to beckley also. BECAUSE the store in Princeton doesn't do the service. It's not their fault. It's out of their hands. That's why I didnt yell at my sales lady. I'm glad everyone is so mature and you think the best thing to do is down a decently good place around here.
Ppl are ignorant

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

babs wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen's or Kammers love
Muah;-) Bahahahaha
You remind me of an annoying rabbit. And once again. They all sell the same brands for the most part!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Ppl are ignorant wrote:
Most furniture stores sell the same damn furniture. It's not like John eyes make their if own furniture. Go buy the same crap you have now at a different store and it will do the same damn thing. All stores have good and bad people. I was referred to beckley also. BECAUSE the store in Princeton doesn't do the service. It's not their fault. It's out of their hands. That's why I didnt yell at my sales lady. I'm glad everyone is so mature and you think the best thing to do is down a decently good place around here.
WHATS your angel? they are a bunch of angry arrogant a..holes in that lewisburg store.sandy needs to clean them out or go broke! Don't know about the other stores,but because the way they are here I wouldn't buy from them anywhere! also that clean out should include you!
Douglas Stamper

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

big sandy Superstore are a bunch of idiots my mother had a delivery time between 12-4 it's 8:05 and No sign of them she has No furniture in her living room because she gave it away. I called the store and told them iou didn't give a crap if the e'er delivery guys didn't get back to the store until 10 p.m. they were going to deliver it I didn't care if they didn't get home until midnight. If it's not delivered tonight you can beat your happy butts I'll be at their store to beat someone down. this is the one at south ridge in south Charleston, WV . I will never do business with them again!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pineville Discussions

Search the Pineville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
So called pageant moms 40 min Sarah 1
cant sleep 46 min anyone bored 8
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr George 54,385
Coming to Pineville very soon! 4 hr child of god 5
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 4 hr mudpuppy 7,719
cleveland cliff 21 hr cracker 3
wheres a good place to catch some cat/carp Wed Hello 4
•••
•••
•••
Pineville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pineville Jobs