First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Oxy vet

Oceana, WV

#1 Jun 23, 2012
Oxyana is on the other side of the mountain and thay are shooting Pineville. Thay were filming the Rockview can man . Who never takes a bath, and has never took a Oxy pill in his life. So we know where thay are going with this film, on the cutting room floor. Its not like thay are going to get any help here anyway. Thay are not going to help anybody get off of this medication. Except the Meth clinic getting richer. There is nobody going to help the people here, I don't see anything being done to help this Shit hole county. From our Capitol down, and surely not on the county level. I would think long and hard before coming the red-neck Oxy star.
spellcheck

Princeton, WV

#2 Jun 25, 2012
*They
towney

Welch, WV

#3 Jun 25, 2012
Oxyana is this entire pill infested area, not just Oceana, we have as many addicts in Pineville as Oceana does, this part of the state has the highest death rate in the state from drug overdose, Oxyana is a state of mind, not a town!
sugar plum

New York, NY

#4 Jun 25, 2012
U said it feds would have a good time watching the curb services that goes around in fast pineville get cameras and put them up lol
Big boy

Pineville, WV

#5 Jun 26, 2012
Look I personally do not care who or what they film I'd like to get some help
Pimpin Daddy

United States

#6 Jun 26, 2012
towney wrote:
Oxyana is this entire pill infested area, not just Oceana, we have as many addicts in Pineville as Oceana does, this part of the state has the highest death rate in the state from drug overdose, Oxyana is a state of mind, not a town!
They need to call it Oxyoming,the whole county is drug infested,Wyoming County has one of the highest death rates in the nation per capita.Its sad and I agree no one is interested in help the ppl there because most dont want any help.I worked at the clinic in Beckley and I know ppl who has been coming there for 6 plus yrs and no off of nothing.I blame that on the Dr.s,a person should be off drugs in 6 months if done right.The Dr.s dont want them better because they wont make money then.Just a fact,face it ppl with the mines going down and the drug problems, all the murders ppl here r just screwed.
Southern WV

Oceana, WV

#7 Jun 26, 2012
I have lived and been all over the USA. People like to say, "it's the same everywhere". This is the usual saying given to make people think it isn't so bad or we are no different than other places. This is wrong.

When you go to other places you will have one small area, a side of town, or a certain street you just do not go down; but the entire southern half of a state? That is our calling card right there. There are a few other states that have similar problems with such a large area being like this one, but they are all states that border Mexico. Overall this "it's the same everywhere" saying is a lie. There are entire states with multiple major cities in them that do not have the per capita issues with drugs that we do.

Southern WV, one big ghetto. Statistically in drugs, education, teen pregnancy, homelessness, employment, and etc that is what we look like. We are what would be the bad side of a major city, only over a larger area.
Anonymous

Pineville, WV

#8 Jun 29, 2012
towney wrote:
Oxyoming County just doesn't have the same ring to it.

In the book, 1984,(G. Orwell) Oceania was an area of never-ending war, where everyone's actions were constantly monitored by "big brother". Fiction or Prediction?
amen

Oceana, WV

#9 Jun 29, 2012
this county has an epidemic, and it has been let go for too long, there is way to much money being made for the "right " people to stop it, it should have been started 15-20 yrears ago, Where else can a person without a job have the kind of money and all the material things people in this county have. We talk of prostitution and the need to solve the problem, but most of the girls are selling their bodies to anyone who will help supply their addictions, it has nothing to do with sex for them, unfortunately people know they have a need and will continue to provide them with money and pills until they overdose, or can;t funtion any longer and then they will move on to the next victim of this pill invested county.
homes and people possesions will never be safe again because as the need for more drugs grow so will robberies, murders, assults. We have come to a very dangerous point in this area.....it is sad for all those who have worked and are working to provide a good safe and moral home for their families, for so many it doesn't matter what they do everything is sup[posed to be ok, live and get what you want by whatever means you see fit.
alright

Oceana, WV

#10 Jun 29, 2012
I agree with Souhtern WV
hea3687521049

Montgomery, WV

#11 Jul 11, 2012
I'm not sure who is making this video but I hope they see this. These people do need help. Some of them don't want it, but if you get help for only one person that would be great.
lof

Richmond, VA

#12 Jul 11, 2012
They are here to make fun of the people in our area. They are not here to help anyone!!!
Anonymous

Oceana, WV

#13 Aug 4, 2012
I go to Oceana nearly everyday for long hours since I work there. I have known about this Oxyana film since it was first posted on Kickstarter months ago. However, I haven't seen any of this film crew, not once. Others have mentioned seeing them on a few occasions - filming behind McD's, interviewing Spunk right before he died, and talking to people in Rock View. What happened? Where are they? If they aim to describe and photograph this town - why haven't I seen them? I suspect they are filming throughout the county and calling it Oceana (or Oxyana) and that they only care to film the drug society, leading the audience to believe that is the only society here. That's absolutely not true - my life is completely void of pill buying and welfare fraud - I live in the exact area the film will depict but I certainly don't expect to be represented in it. Anyone who isn't part of this drug problem isn't sensational enough to be included. I expect that this film won't bother to claim that I don't exist, but it will imply it.
I understand people's concern with the "drug epidemic" - I see evidence of THAT in Oceana and the surrounding areas all the time. I agree that "something" should have been done to prevent it long, long ago. The fact is: I did not do "something" to prevent it, nor did you. I am doing "nothing" to bring an end to it, just as yourself. How horrible of me (and you) to have allowed this and to continue to allow it. What IS the solution? What is "something" that will change these circumstances? I don't know what it is. But I do know what it isn't:$50,000 in donations to make a movie. People are looking towards Sean Dunne (the film-maker) as some sort of savior that will deliver this town from drugs. Friends! You are kidding yourself. This crew is here to PROFIT from our MISFORTUNE. The idea behind it is that we are soooo lame, they gotta show somebody. The audience for this film won't be politicians, charities, philanthopists, or any organization that could make any difference towards "cleaning up this town". Those people ALREADY KNOW the situation - they don't need a film to show them because they can look around and see it in real life. The people looking forward to seeing this film are people who like to sit on the couch and feel smug about having a life so much better than those on the screen. They can shake their heads and say: what a shame - but then they can change the channel and forget about it, and I expect them to. Also, they can use it as a reference later when they need to judge how $hitty life is somewhere else and how other people don't know how to act. The audience will believe the "facts" presented in this "documentary" and the supporters of this project have faith and trust in Sean Dunne to accurately depict how lil ol' Oceana, WV (population 1,372) is the EPICENTER of drug abuse of the USA (pop. 314,041,000). Do you see that we are being exploited? Do you see that this man's attitude is bias towards giving his audience an entertaining, interesting movie rather than helping this town IN ANY WAY?
50,000 real live legal tender American dollars where donated - and they are being used to make a film. Maybe "something" "someone" could do would be to invest $50,000 in programs that will actually reduce the number of people who do drugs, that could improve the lives of people who are able to change their drug use or dependancy on welfare,or to offer so more concrete advice for redeeming this town other than "somebody ought to do something".
Anyone who thinks somebody ought to do something needs to ask himself: Who is this somebody? What is this something? Is it really Sean Dunne and his Oxyana film?
Anonymous

Oceana, WV

#14 Aug 4, 2012
My advice to anyone reading this is to take no part in this act of exploitation. If you choose to ignore this advice, don't be surprised when you are disappointed in the final product. Then, if you are still concerned about Oxyana's drug problem, feel free to join in any of the numerous efforts already in progress in trying to figure out just exactly what any person COULD do to be successful at offering redemtion or salvation or rehabilitation or education or some sort of better life for the people Sean Dunne has convinced to help him better his film career.
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Aug 4, 2012
If you want to get rid of the drug problem you have to be good citizens and keep the police informed. Pretty simple! If you brother or dad is selling or using you must report them. If you don't you are part of the problem. NO EXCUSES ACCEPTABLE!
dreamer

Welch, WV

#16 Aug 6, 2012
Pimpin Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
They need to call it Oxyoming,the whole county is drug infested,Wyoming County has one of the highest death rates in the nation per capita.Its sad and I agree no one is interested in help the ppl there because most dont want any help.I worked at the clinic in Beckley and I know ppl who has been coming there for 6 plus yrs and no off of nothing.I blame that on the Dr.s,a person should be off drugs in 6 months if done right.The Dr.s dont want them better because they wont make money then.Just a fact,face it ppl with the mines going down and the drug problems, all the murders ppl here r just screwed.
if they would shut down all of the clinic in west virgina that gives out pills or give them a shot that for pain that would slow alot of them down
2Funny

Julian, WV

#17 Aug 6, 2012
I seen them filming in top of turkey creek for some reason
A Grandmother

Mebane, NC

#18 Aug 10, 2012
Until Legislators become interested, the problem wont be fixed. Until people representing the medical community accept responsibility for legal distribution of medications to the public that are resold, the problem remains. You would expect someone to be truely interested, for the sake of future generations of their children. I look at the obituary columns and see the deaths of 70 and 80 and 90 year olds..I think.. "They lived a good long life".. and then I see someone who is 18 or 22 or 35..and usually, no explanation of what killed that person. At least, for the sake of young people, who don't see the danger they are inviting, in taking drugs, there ought to be a law that states WHAT you died of. Maybe it would be a deterrant? I, personally, once knew someone who had 'over'-dosed so many times, and come out of the daze, that he truly didn't think it was possible to kill yourself with an overdose of pills. He was educated, wealthy, no earthly REASON for him to have died that way..but, he did. But.. you know what? If 10 pills (for example) would kill you, and you took 6..or 8..or even 9..and came out of it..You might feel like you've got the world by the tail, with a down-hill drag..but.. 10 pills would STILL kill you! I think - to PUBLISH the CAUSE of death, might cause people to take notice that there is a line that is 'finer' than you might think. Just because you are young, does NOT mean you are invinceable! And.. there needs to be a curb/regulation put on Doctors. Hold them responsible for what they hand out. SOMEBODY has to be held responsible. Why not the SOURCE?
Duhhh

Welch, WV

#19 Aug 10, 2012
Oxy vet wrote:
Oxyana is on the other side of the mountain and thay are shooting Pineville. Thay were filming the Rockview can man . Who never takes a bath, and has never took a Oxy pill in his life. So we know where thay are going with this film, on the cutting room floor. Its not like thay are going to get any help here anyway. Thay are not going to help anybody get off of this medication. Except the Meth clinic getting richer. There is nobody going to help the people here, I don't see anything being done to help this Shit hole county. From our Capitol down, and surely not on the county level. I would think long and hard before coming the red-neck Oxy star.
Why not shoot Pineville, it's Wyoming County period that has a major drug problem, not just Oceana!!
bernadette the toothless

Brenton, WV

#20 Aug 10, 2012
Duhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not shoot Pineville, it's Wyoming County period that has a major drug problem, not just Oceana!!
your a dam lar an the tooth ant in you if your are goin to git on hear you need to git yyour stroy strate and why are is ever one call me bernadette the toothless skank

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wwyo 3 hr hmmm 6
love one another 10 hr life too short 3
Anita Lewis 10 hr Topics jackass 2
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 11 hr Theo 8,115
favortie scary movie Sat annabelle 7
Coming to Pineville very soon! Sat years ago 17
d & m auto repair Sat Citizen Joe 13
Pineville Dating
Find my Match

Pineville Jobs