Comments
1 - 20 of 58 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Justice now

Bridgeport, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

In just reading about the murders in Bledsoe or Pikeville area interest me. Such a nice and country like slow pace living. What is wrong with it to give it such a nick-name such as bloody Bledsoe? I even read about a suspicious drowning, one shooting, one beat to death and one almost beat to death and tazed multiple times and left for dead. The area appears to be such a great place to live, but I even hear judges and other officials are part of the problem. Just wondering. What do you think.
concerned neighbor

Ooltewah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I have heard the same things you have heard. the law overlooks all these things. bloody Bledsoe is
a good description of a place most of us would not
want to live especially when the leaders of a community like that are corrupt and nothing is ever
done about it! some one needs to pay more attention to this area & find out some truths about
what is going on there now and in the recent past.
Why are the killings & murders not investigated and
and people punished for their wrong doings? this is a mystery. Is everybody scared of someone that has a hold on Bledsoe, my thought is that someone
is so ingrained or powerful that people want talk.
baloney, be brave & courageous & let outside officials know what you know about these things!
info

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

It got this name years ago...read some of Tommy Swafford's books and some will be explained how it got the name. You cannot believe all you read on topix!
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 17, 2012
 
take time to research pikeville on the net..it might take a while,but you will find storys from people who have lived here in just the last several years..but have moved on..that if true are unheard of in todays world..including the story i read from a former resident.of a police officer killing a man in cold blooded murder..just take time to check it out..some of the storys are to big to be true,,but are they.
Jimmy

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It would not have the nick name Bloody Bledsoe if SACS was here. Hell we would all be policed by sacs and sacs would feed us and sacs would cure all the cancer. Only Hillbilly would bring up sacs on the city audit. You are the biggest idiot in our county.
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 17, 2012
 
you are dumb.i did not bring it up,i responded to some else that did..maybe i am not the only one here that is not a mushroom..go feed your shit to the mushrooms.hell most people go to a accredited baber.doctor.even mechanic..then send there children to a un=accredited school .now thats dumb.
mike

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 18, 2012
 
BLOODY BLEDSOE refers to all the killings in the 1940s along CUMBERLAND AVE. because of the illegal bars in that area or so my father told me as it was worth your life to be in that area on saturaday nights and supposdely the law did nothing about it.
concerned neighbor

Ooltewah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 18, 2012
 

Judged:

2

all these comments are fine but looking back over the past (5)years or so , there has been a lot of
killings unexplained or not investigated at all.
This keeps the population of such a nice country
town on edge & wondering who's next. As these things happen, I would say that the fear of living there will also increase.It's a real stigma for a little town to have. It stymies its growth.
citizen

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 18, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Born and raised here. Have lived several other places and returned here. It is a safe place to live and raise your family. If I do not lock ,y doors of the night I do not worry.i can go in a store and leave my keys and purse and it is still there when I return. where else can you do that? Thank goodness I do not live in Chattanooga where they have a shooting of some kind every day!!!
stuned

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 18, 2012
 
hillbilly wrote:
take time to research pikeville on the net..it might take a while,but you will find storys from people who have lived here in just the last several years..but have moved on..that if true are unheard of in todays world..including the story i read from a former resident.of a police officer killing a man in cold blooded murder..just take time to check it out..some of the storys are to big to be true,,but are they.
Explain about the police officer killing a man in cold blood... please! I can't find anything about it. Where,when, how... thanks
county worker

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 19, 2012
 
TBI agent killed an elderly Swafford man about 10 years ago off upper east valley road at his house basically because he didnt stop for law enforcement after he passed a park ranger on the right side of road near the cumb cty state park. This TBI agent joined in the slow "pursuit" to his home in Blwdsoe County. He had psychological issues and drove around the speed limit home. When he got out of his car at home and started walking towards his house he was shot by the TBI agent. The victim was asked to stop and he didnt. He apparently had a weapon on him. To the credit of Bledsoe Co. officers, they were going to let him get in his house a deal with the traffic citation issue later. TBI man didnt see it that way.
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 19, 2012
 
stuned wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain about the police officer killing a man in cold blood... please! I can't find anything about it. Where,when, how... thanks
i will try to find it again..it was on some other forum i came across while reading about pikeville..it was not a about a tbi officer but a city cop..i have heard so many stories..one or two from eye wittiness.that are hard to believe in this time and age..hell i personally know of some that are unreal..ruled suicide that common sense says where murder..in these cases no body even talked to the neighbors that knew the people,and might of provided information.but remember there is no statue of limitations on murder.it might be 20 years but one day the power will change, new people will come into office..hell it was the 90s before some people got charged in the murders of the late 50s..
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 19, 2012
 
mike wrote:
BLOODY BLEDSOE refers to all the killings in the 1940s along CUMBERLAND AVE. because of the illegal bars in that area or so my father told me as it was worth your life to be in that area on saturaday nights and supposdely the law did nothing about it.
mike, i have not been able to find proof in the way of a clear picture,but i was told by a old man,who served on the u.s.s. bledsoe county. in ww2 that it was the nick name they had painted on the side,on d day..i have found pictures of the boat,but not at the time it was going into d day..did they take the name from bledsoe,or did bledsoe take the name from the boat..i am not really sure..
bill

Albemarle, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 20, 2012
 
county worker wrote:
TBI agent killed an elderly Swafford man about 10 years ago off upper east valley road at his house basically because he didnt stop for law enforcement after he passed a park ranger on the right side of road near the cumb cty state park. This TBI agent joined in the slow "pursuit" to his home in Blwdsoe County. He had psychological issues and drove around the speed limit home. When he got out of his car at home and started walking towards his house he was shot by the TBI agent. The victim was asked to stop and he didnt. He apparently had a weapon on him. To the credit of Bledsoe Co. officers, they were going to let him get in his house a deal with the traffic citation issue later. TBI man didnt see it that way.
that's not the way that went down at all
jimmy

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

SACS is bull shit and all my children got into college graduated got their masters and are working. HELL it did not do shit for them. My daughter graduated from BCHS when it was still under SACS and my son after the SACS went away. Neither one benifitted or was hindered. Also if you did your research on the SACS then you know one of the main men behind the organization was forced to leave TSBA and the SACS program for embezzlement. Now Hillbilly should check this our and shut the fuck up
concerned neighbor

Ooltewah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 22, 2012
 
there is no sense in the language used in some of these topix. if you do not know how to express yourself without using these vulgar words it sounds as if you need to go back to school yourself
& get some self respect. There are some good decent people that would also like to use this news source but that kind of language offends some people as myself.
mike

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 22, 2012
 
concerned neighbor wrote:
there is no sense in the language used in some of these topix. if you do not know how to express yourself without using these vulgar words it sounds as if you need to go back to school yourself
& get some self respect. There are some good decent people that would also like to use this news source but that kind of language offends some people as myself.
I agree.Seems to me that there are people who cant go around without putting swear words out because they think its macho.I can communicate without resorting to gutter language and you disagree with this fine but dont use swear words to do it.
To Say the Least

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

To promote our county as "Bloody Bledsoe" is, to say the least, trying to shoot yourself in the foot! There is nothing honorable about carrying on a saying that in all likelihood came from some punk who thought the phrase matched his IQ years ago. A lot of "history" in our area (or any area) consists of very few "facts" plus a LOT of added "stuff" by the "teller" to either make someone else's family the villian or the hero, depending on which side they were connected! Keeping the "Bloody Bledsoe" theme going, in my opinion, makes our GREAT area appear to be backwoods and stupid and that DOES NOT APPLY TO THE MAJORITY OF OUR CITIZENS!
VOLS FAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 22, 2012
 
hillbilly wrote:
you are dumb.i did not bring it up,i responded to some else that did..maybe i am not the only one here that is not a mushroom..go feed your shit to the mushrooms.hell most people go to a accredited baber.doctor.even mechanic..then send there children to a un=accredited school .now thats dumb.
hillbilly, your showing your true color,
mike

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 22, 2012
 
To Say the Least wrote:
To promote our county as "Bloody Bledsoe" is, to say the least, trying to shoot yourself in the foot! There is nothing honorable about carrying on a saying that in all likelihood came from some punk who thought the phrase matched his IQ years ago. A lot of "history" in our area (or any area) consists of very few "facts" plus a LOT of added "stuff" by the "teller" to either make someone else's family the villian or the hero, depending on which side they were connected! Keeping the "Bloody Bledsoe" theme going, in my opinion, makes our GREAT area appear to be backwoods and stupid and that DOES NOT APPLY TO THE MAJORITY OF OUR CITIZENS!
Fortunatly that name is no longer used widely anymore especially among the young.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
alot of people walk in downtown pikeville 18 min businessabouttocu... 14
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr PairAnnoyed 9,275
everyone go vote!!! 2 hr troll 137
how much does she charge for a cusody hearing a... 3 hr without a clue 1
creative steps daycare 4 hr Grandmother 4
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr Johnny Smith 8,610
housekeeper 9 hr Reader 14

Search the Pikeville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••