Pikeville mayor arrested

Jul 27, 2012 Full story: The Chattanooga Times Free Press 42

Greg Johnson, who is in his third term, is free on $10,000 bond after being arrested Wednesday on charges of official misconduct and felony theft in the wake of a monthslong investigation by the Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury Office.

Full Story
Tax Payer

Dunlap, TN

#21 Jul 28, 2012
some one who knows wrote:
<quoted text>ron you really dont know the johnsons.good family..hell they would put a bullet in your ass if you crossed them..they are not to be trusted.any time..i knew all of them and there grand paws.
Tommy, Jerry, Pud, and Clara (Greg's mother) Johnson are and were some of the finest people in this county. Not to mention family members like Billy Brock, and Greg's in-laws Bob and Maxine. All fine people. One man has made a mistake, don't scrutinize the whole bunch for his doings. Greg was a good man at one time. Sadly, Greg he made some bad decisions. My prayers go out to all of his family.
No money

Dunlap, TN

#23 Jul 28, 2012
we need to find good people and back them when they want to do good things for the county but you need to stay involved. I go to a lot of the county meetings and most of the time, there is no one there. You can't just at election time. You need to care all the time and vote and keep an eye on who you vote for. Everyone has time to go to 1 meeting a month. You shouldn't miss very many.
Youknowit

Charlotte, NC

#24 Jul 28, 2012
Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>
Tommy, Jerry, Pud, and Clara (Greg's mother) Johnson are and were some of the finest people in this county. Not to mention family members like Billy Brock, and Greg's in-laws Bob and Maxine. All fine people. One man has made a mistake, don't scrutinize the whole bunch for his doings. Greg was a good man at one time. Sadly, Greg he made some bad decisions. My prayers go out to all of his family.
This is very true. Greg comes from a wonderful family and has made some major mistakes. I do think that as in life that he should have to stand in a court of law and be judged for his wrong doings and made pay or be charged to the full extent of the Law. In the end we all have one judge to face though and that is the one that is most important, I just pray he gets his life back together for himself as well as his family.
TeaParty4Ever

Dunlap, TN

#25 Jul 28, 2012
Hopefully we can start locking up more of his kind. And by that I mean sick twisted gays! I'm SICK OF IT! SICK OF IT!!!
Liberalist

United States

#26 Jul 28, 2012
TeaParty, I thought I would never find you! When we gonna meet in the men's room again..... You felt really good!
Your Mom

Dunlap, TN

#28 Jul 29, 2012
Liberalist wrote:
TeaParty, I thought I would never find you! When we gonna meet in the men's room again..... You felt really good!
You know that wasn't TeaParty you were with the the men's room? It was me and thank you son it was good for me to.
No money

Dunlap, TN

#30 Jul 29, 2012
Some of you need to knock it off. I you can't be part of the solution then move on where someone might think you're funny. Go to some X-rated site or something where the other rude and crude people go.
Wrong

Pikeville, TN

#31 Jul 30, 2012
A Gay Mayor that rips the County off of the Tax Payers money and its ok because of his last name,why go to an X rated topix this would make agood Soap,
The Big One

Pikeville, TN

#32 Jul 30, 2012
They may be a BIG investigation hitting Bledsoe Co.and get rid of some crooks and make sure we dont get anymore known ones,it seems most all of them become that way after a while,not all, we have some good people in office,
No money

Dunlap, TN

#33 Jul 30, 2012
I guess we can hope for an investigation and maybe that will turn up some things. Keep in mind there are elections every time you turn around and a chance to get in totally new blood. So maybe that would help straighten some things out. We all need to work together and that may keep peoples relatives from being elected. Be prepared.
longdong

Ringgold, GA

#34 Jul 31, 2012
He likes sleeping with females also. That why his gay boyfriend beat his ass. Caught him at a girls house in Pikeville at 12:00 at night. Sex for pill trade
TeaParty4Ever

Dunlap, TN

#35 Aug 1, 2012
Uhhh maybe he should have never been elected in the first place considering he is GAY! Can't you people get this through your thick frigging skulls?!
dunlap

United States

#36 Aug 1, 2012
Dunlap mayor or Pikeville they seem the same?
Big mama

United States

#37 Aug 1, 2012
TeaParty4Ever wrote:
Uhhh maybe he should have never been elected in the first place considering he is GAY! Can't you people get this thrxs Wwwough your thick frigging skulls?!
u all know that the people of pikeville are not the judge only god is, greg dont have to answer ro people he got a great big god that is the,judge.u know i think greg is trying to be honst and some of the people that work for greg couldnt tell the truth if it hit them in the face if greg does go down i sure hope they is bout 4 that work with him or around him that go right down with him. Who every u are u know who i am talking bout. I sure hope we will be seeing u right beside of greg.we will see want we.
They All WillGo

Pikeville, TN

#38 Aug 2, 2012
All of them are in trouble!!!
TeaParty4Ever

Dunlap, TN

#39 Aug 2, 2012
Greg does have to answer to people because THEY VOTED HIM IN and it was THEIR MONEY HE STOLE. So f**k him and you both!
Big mama wrote:
<quoted text> u all know that the people of pikeville are not the judge only god is, greg dont have to answer ro people he got a great big god that is the,judge.u know i think greg is trying to be honst and some of the people that work for greg couldnt tell the truth if it hit them in the face if greg does go down i sure hope they is bout 4 that work with him or around him that go right down with him. Who every u are u know who i am talking bout. I sure hope we will be seeing u right beside of greg.we will see want we.
No money

Dunlap, TN

#40 Aug 2, 2012
TeaParty4Ever wrote:
Greg does have to answer to people because THEY VOTED HIM IN and it was THEIR MONEY HE STOLE. So f**k him and you both!
<quoted text>
A point well taken, he has to answer to someone. However would you say that without the nasty language. I support the Tea Party points but you're giving them a bad wrap. Clean it up and don't lower yourself to attacks like the liberals make. Respect the party and help build a good name for them. The libs bash us enough.
TeaParty4Ever

Dunlap, TN

#42 Aug 11, 2012
This is what they get for giving credit cards to a fa**ot since everyone knows they have zero self control! He even showed up for work the nerve! I hope he gets life.
Cleared

Dunlap, TN

#43 Aug 11, 2012
He was cleared of all charges yesterday. You people need to consider innocent until proven guilty before you comment. Go to the news websites in Chatt and see for yourself.
Not cleared

Akron, OH

#44 Aug 11, 2012
Although I wish this were true, there is nothing on any of the Chattanooga news outlets indicating that he has been cleared. Timesfreepress.com , and websites for news channel 3 and 9 all indicate that the state comptroller has issued a scathing report that Johnson cost the county over 250,000 in un-necessary or fraudulent expenses.

I like Greg, and have been friends with his family for years. But it's starting to sound like the evidence is extremely damning against him. Being cleared of all charges, at this point, is unlikely.
Cleared wrote:
He was cleared of all charges yesterday. You people need to consider innocent until proven guilty before you comment. Go to the news websites in Chatt and see for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
was it worth it? (Jan '14) 8 hr dove 34
Work in Bledsoe 22 hr huh 31
Jesus Sun Jesus knows your ... 1
God is life Sun Christian 1
Hi Sun Wondering 1
Get a life Sun Small town redick 1
anybody knows a Evelyn girl that worked in the ... Sat dan0ne 1
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match

Pikeville Jobs