First Prev
of 2
Next Last
shew

Pikeville, KY

#1 Aug 24, 2012

Another doctor's license was suspended in Pike County.

Doctor James Dennis is accused of prescribing pain pills and other medications for people he had never seen.

This is the second doctor in Pike County in recent days to have their license suspended.

Local officials say this is a sign of progress in the war on drugs.

At least two suspended medical licenses, and an indictment accusing 22 people of distributing prescription pills to make money were all actions taken recently in the Big Sandy region to crackdown on the drug problem.

"We're starting to see something very positive come out on this war on drugs. I am just glad that we can report to the public that something is being done," said State Rep. Greg Stumbo.

It's a war that officials say has to be fought from all sides, including law enforcement, lawmakers, and people in the medical profession.

"We all have a place at the table and the medical doctors need to come to the table with us and work together with us and try to stop this epidemic in southern and Eastern Kentucky," said Smoot.

And while many say these suspended licenses and indictments are a step in the right direction, Greg Stumbo says they've only scratched the surface.

"This war on drugs is relentless," said Stumbo. "The battlefield changes as quick as we drive one source of drugs another one appears."

"It is a continuing fight and it's something that we have to attempt to stay two steps ahead at all times," said Smoot.

Officials say it's a multifaceted problem that will take more than one solution.

Doctor Dennis is expected to have a hearing in December.
scooberdoober

Georgetown, KY

#2 Aug 24, 2012
shew wrote:
Another doctor's license was suspended in Pike County.

Doctor James Dennis is accused of prescribing pain pills and other medications for people he had never seen.

This is the second doctor in Pike County in recent days to have their license suspended.

Local officials say this is a sign of progress in the war on drugs.

At least two suspended medical licenses, and an indictment accusing 22 people of distributing prescription pills to make money were all actions taken recently in the Big Sandy region to crackdown on the drug problem.

"We're starting to see something very positive come out on this war on drugs. I am just glad that we can report to the public that something is being done," said State Rep. Greg Stumbo.

It's a war that officials say has to be fought from all sides, including law enforcement, lawmakers, and people in the medical profession.

"We all have a place at the table and the medical doctors need to come to the table with us and work together with us and try to stop this epidemic in southern and Eastern Kentucky," said Smoot.

And while many say these suspended licenses and indictments are a step in the right direction, Greg Stumbo says they've only scratched the surface.

"This war on drugs is relentless," said Stumbo. "The battlefield changes as quick as we drive one source of drugs another one appears."

"It is a continuing fight and it's something that we have to attempt to stay two steps ahead at all times," said Smoot.

Officials say it's a multifaceted problem that will take more than one solution.

Doctor Dennis is expected to have a hearing in December.
I hope they get all of the doctors prescribing narcotics
cowgurl

Irvine, KY

#3 Aug 24, 2012
well now hes a man and needs love also and at least hes not gay like gibson is and i would think alot of them would like a good f**k every now and then and who knows who will be next to come out
Homer

Winchester, KY

#5 Aug 24, 2012
scooberdoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope they get all of the doctors prescribing narcotics
You're a f'n idiot. All Doctors prescribe narcotics. They prescribe them to patients who need them. You can't find a family doctor in this town, and it is getting worse every day. This witch hunt nonsense is gonna do more harm in the long run then any good that will ever come of it. I'm honestly starting to believe you idiots actually believe that by hurting doctors addicts will just up and quit. Please tell me you aren't that foolish. The only people who will suffer is the real patients who really need their medication. Addicts will simply switch to street drugs like heroin. Cheaper and they get a better high. I predict the problem will get much worse. Patients will be forced to those same street drugs as addicts. You can be sure overdoses will get much higher. You won't be able to send Jr to rehab after you find him overdosed with a needle hanging from his arm. Only thing is after jr is gone you won't have any choice but to accept responsibility then.
Seriously

Corbin, KY

#6 Aug 24, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You're a f'n idiot. All Doctors prescribe narcotics. They prescribe them to patients who need them. You can't find a family doctor in this town, and it is getting worse every day. This witch hunt nonsense is gonna do more harm in the long run then any good that will ever come of it. I'm honestly starting to believe you idiots actually believe that by hurting doctors addicts will just up and quit. Please tell me you aren't that foolish. The only people who will suffer is the real patients who really need their medication. Addicts will simply switch to street drugs like heroin. Cheaper and they get a better high. I predict the problem will get much worse. Patients will be forced to those same street drugs as addicts. You can be sure overdoses will get much higher. You won't be able to send Jr to rehab after you find him overdosed with a needle hanging from his arm. Only thing is after jr is gone you won't have any choice but to accept responsibility then.
Since when do doctors who read test results (pathologists) write prescriptions for narcotics???? That is just plain crazy for anyone to think that is or should be a normal practice. They don't even see patients! They read tests and do reports on the results. They have no business writing prescriptions!
Scary Times

Ransom, KY

#7 Aug 25, 2012
Pikeville supposedly has the best in medical technology but doctors are dropping off like flies. And I agree. A pathologist has no business writing prescriptions. There are very few trustworthy doctors left in this area. It's scary times in the medical field. You can build nice buildings, but if you don't have qualified caretakers, you have nothing.
Love My Pets

Harold, KY

#8 Aug 25, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You're a f'n idiot. All Doctors prescribe narcotics. They prescribe them to patients who need them. You can't find a family doctor in this town, and it is getting worse every day. This witch hunt nonsense is gonna do more harm in the long run then any good that will ever come of it. I'm honestly starting to believe you idiots actually believe that by hurting doctors addicts will just up and quit. Please tell me you aren't that foolish. The only people who will suffer is the real patients who really need their medication. Addicts will simply switch to street drugs like heroin. Cheaper and they get a better high. I predict the problem will get much worse. Patients will be forced to those same street drugs as addicts. You can be sure overdoses will get much higher. You won't be able to send Jr to rehab after you find him overdosed with a needle hanging from his arm. Only thing is after jr is gone you won't have any choice but to accept responsibility then.
and please add Homer that the way the economy is now...there will be more stealing and violence...anything for a high...let each person take his own responsibility...they will get them someway..to many bootleggers(dealers)...We are the ones that will be in Lock-UP...LOCK YOUR DOOR
Personal

Harold, KY

#9 Aug 25, 2012
PMC is just down sizing also ....not saying this is not true about the doc...out with the old and in with the new,,,lot of places does this
dang

Virgie, KY

#10 Aug 25, 2012
IDK where the OP gets their info. Dr. Dennis is not an employee of PMC. He is a Dr. that uses the hospital grounds and equipment. Just the same as many Dr.s that work there, he is not an employee though. Just goes to show how everyone assumes things. Dr.s employed by the hospital are very skimpy on writing any type of pain pill. Just go to one that is an employee and see.
shew

Pikeville, KY

#11 Aug 25, 2012
dang wrote:
IDK where the OP gets their info. Dr. Dennis is not an employee of PMC. He is a Dr. that uses the hospital grounds and equipment. Just the same as many Dr.s that work there, he is not an employee though. Just goes to show how everyone assumes things. Dr.s employed by the hospital are very skimpy on writing any type of pain pill. Just go to one that is an employee and see.
http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/22/2307801/me...

You notice that the doctor said he was on staff at PMC.
Payment

Harold, KY

#12 Aug 25, 2012
No sexual favors...guess we have to start paying by giving honey...chickens...home grown garden veggies..home cook meal...or house clean...economy so bad still have to pay out your pocket for services rendered...now if they will just start checking out all these insurance companies that tell you this and that but never follows through when it comes their time to step up..always has a clause that so small it would take a magnifying glass to read it...and yes umwa...medicaid,,medicare..you need a better system for services and supplies rendered...pts. are charged with supplies they never use or charged to another pt....what would the people do without you...the people also need to get involved...ask to see your charges..report those you did not use...umwa paid 500.00 (thank you) for a mattress from a local medical supply company she could not use and they refused to take it back or exchange...no wonder we are about to loose funds..wake-up people...we have the next generation...I have 2 medications that I don't take and really need because they would cost almost $400.00 -500.00 a month that I really need...I will leave you with this laugh...if you ever get a mattress for a family member..make sure you have someone there to help put it on their bed...because they are not allowed to do that...and the mattress is very heavy because the guy who delivered it almost did not get it into our house
summer blonde

Pikeville, KY

#13 Aug 25, 2012
Scary Times wrote:
Pikeville supposedly has the best in medical technology but doctors are dropping off like flies. And I agree. A pathologist has no business writing prescriptions. There are very few trustworthy doctors left in this area. It's scary times in the medical field. You can build nice buildings, but if you don't have qualified caretakers, you have nothing.
what i found most bothersome about it, aside from the huge number of painpills this doctor wrote, was that pmc said he wasnt a member of their staff.
so does that make it better for them someway?
that they refuse to acknowledge that this man worked inside those hallowed halls daily?
and the article says the woman was a co-worker...an employee, or im assuming, ex-employee of pmc.
dang

Virgie, KY

#14 Aug 25, 2012
shew wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/22/2307801/me...
You notice that the doctor said he was on staff at PMC.
What did the next sentence say? Dr. Dennis is not an employed as a doctor at PMS. There are very very few Dr.s that are. He is not one of them. I guess the OP read down to that one line, then started this thread to bash PMC.
casual

Cookeville, TN

#15 Aug 25, 2012
Being on staff means a doc has privileges at the hospital, not necessarily employed by the hospital. Dr. Elvis was (past tense) on staff, but he wasn't a PMC employee.
My Thought

Carlisle, KY

#16 Aug 25, 2012
dang wrote:
<quoted text>What did the next sentence say? Dr. Dennis is not an employed as a doctor at PMS. There are very very few Dr.s that are. He is not one of them. I guess the OP read down to that one line, then started this thread to bash PMC.
If His Office Is In The Hospital, He Works There. I Think The Feds. Need To Be Looking At The Hospital Also. Something Weard Is Going On In Pike County, That IS FOR SURE.
war on drugs

Mount Sterling, KY

#17 Aug 25, 2012
dang wrote:
<quoted text>What did the next sentence say? Dr. Dennis is not an employed as a doctor at PMS. There are very very few Dr.s that are. He is not one of them. I guess the OP read down to that one line, then started this thread to bash PMC.
Dang you don't make no point at all dang
Homer

Winchester, KY

#18 Aug 25, 2012
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when do doctors who read test results (pathologists) write prescriptions for narcotics???? That is just plain crazy for anyone to think that is or should be a normal practice. They don't even see patients! They read tests and do reports on the results. They have no business writing prescriptions!
Probably over you head to figure out. Much easier to just post nonsense you know nothing about. I will do my best to explain it to you though. a Pathologist is still a Doctor, and i doubt very seriously you will find one who just read reports and does nothing else. If I remember correctly this Doctor worked in the ER a lot. Where he would in fact write prescriptions to the patients he would see.
mr right

Mount Sterling, KY

#19 Aug 25, 2012
Most every Dr has a DEA NUMBER. you must have one in order to prescribe scheduled narcotics even
A dentist has one.
Homer

Winchester, KY

#20 Aug 25, 2012
Love My Pets wrote:
<quoted text>and please add Homer that the way the economy is now...there will be more stealing and violence...anything for a high...let each person take his own responsibility...they will get them someway..to many bootleggers(dealers)...We are the ones that will be in Lock-UP...LOCK YOUR DOOR
Yes Sir, things are going to get a lot worse. Right now is that important time when you need to arm yourself and get prepared for what is to come. If you have been paying attention you will have noticed a large increase of robberies around this area. It is gonna get a whole lot worse. People are being forced to do things they wouldn't normally do. I doubt one person would let their family starve because they can't find a job, I know I wouldn't. What you people have completely missed is we have a lot of elderly people who only draw a very small amount of money each month. Electric bills have doubled and there are people choosing between medication and the power bill. People who are being left hungry for weeks out of each month. I think this is where a lot of pills end up sold, and just so they can live like people instead of dogs. With their Doctors now being attacked and imprisoned do not expect them to just starve, and I don't blame them one bit.
The Prophet

Pikeville, KY

#21 Aug 25, 2012
Homer wrote:
I have to agree with Homer. When the pharmaceuticals start to disappear, HEROIN will become the new KING. You will know when King Heroin arrives because the number of bodies that are bagged and the number of toes that are tagged will increase like never before! Some of those toes may belong to your loved ones.

Remember you heard it straight from the mouth of "The Prophet"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Ari son of Anarchy 153,923
Satanism in Pikeville (May '10) 52 min helper head 1,246
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr mgrody 5,308
Burglary suspect drowns while fleeing (Aug '09) 1 hr one less druggie ... 45
Do not give Melissa Hensley any more dogs!! 3 hr Mary 3
The Future of Eastern Kentucky 3 hr plumber 15
Wreck South Mayo Trail 4 hr Concerned 1
UPike Brass Stroke City Puppets at Gala 6 hr Donovan Batman 8
Valley Elementary Teacher having an affair? Fri Go girl 46
Job with hobbylobby Fri helper head 11
•••
•••
Pikeville Dating