road runner

United States

#1 Jan 6, 2010
Why havent.I seen any Pikeville City Police on US 23 lately.
Booze Hound

Lexington, KY

#2 Jan 6, 2010
Just pop a beer open. They'll show up.
Craig

Pikeville, KY

#3 Jan 6, 2010
road runner wrote:
Why havent.I seen any Pikeville City Police on US 23 lately.
They are all sitting outside of the Mexican eateries, Applebee's, and Champ's. They're trying to harass someone thats had a couple of beers with their meal.
interested

Richmond, KY

#4 Jan 6, 2010
or at a donut shop if there is one in Pikeville area
Nurse-2-b

Cynthiana, KY

#5 Jan 6, 2010
If you had a family member killed by a drunk driver your opnion would soon change... If you are gonna drink and drive I hope the police catch you and if it the city boys great for them.... I have a lot of respect for city and state troopers. If you have a problem in the city their response time is astounding.. Be an adult and treat police with respect. I wish all of you whom drink get busted...
uss23

Pikeville, KY

#6 Jan 6, 2010
Someone told me a city cop picked up someone for being drunk. That he wasn't supose to pick up. Like that should matter.
buck_snow

Lawrenceburg, KY

#7 Jan 6, 2010
Everyone should respect policemen. They put their lives on the line everyday for all of us.. If you cannot say something nice, just don't say anything at all!!
fed up

Pikeville, KY

#8 Jan 6, 2010
Nurse-2-b wrote:
If you had a family member killed by a drunk driver your opnion would soon change... If you are gonna drink and drive I hope the police catch you and if it the city boys great for them.... I have a lot of respect for city and state troopers. If you have a problem in the city their response time is astounding.. Be an adult and treat police with respect. I wish all of you whom drink get busted...
If they sell it in a legitimate restaurant, people should be allowed to buy it and drive home. Granted, you shouldn't drink 10, but if you have one or two with your dinner...

Bottom line..police need to back off the restaurant crowd and concentrate on real criminals.
what

Macon, GA

#9 Jan 6, 2010
amen to that when one is in trouble who do they call 911

“soon to be mrs, eric wallen”

Since: Oct 09

pikeville

#10 Jan 6, 2010
fed up....i agree with you man. if you drive past subway at in town, the mexican rests (any of them) or where they think ppl will be going after drinking, you will see them.

why is it that no matter where the wreck happens, state troopers get there b4 citys? and when they do show up, there are like 5 of them standing around with their thumbs up their ass trying to figure out who gets to sweep up the debris?

i have had family killed by drunk drivers, i myself was involved in a drunk driving accident. it was states both times that showed up, not citys.
uss23

Pikeville, KY

#11 Jan 7, 2010
I'm not saying any thing mean about city. Just that I heard something about not being on 23.
wondering

Elkhorn City, KY

#12 Jan 7, 2010
i heard they picked up someones bff that is high up in the city and now are not suppose to patrol US 23 but like i said its a rumor
hmmmm

Pikeville, KY

#13 Jan 7, 2010
Wondering.........that is what I also heard. They aren't allowed to be on US 23 unless they are called out there.
amber banger

United States

#14 Jan 7, 2010
tabitha kay wrote:
fed up....i agree with you man. if you drive past subway at in town, the mexican rests (any of them) or where they think ppl will be going after drinking, you will see them.
why is it that no matter where the wreck happens, state troopers get there b4 citys? and when they do show up, there are like 5 of them standing around with their thumbs up their ass trying to figure out who gets to sweep up the debris?
i have had family killed by drunk drivers, i myself was involved in a drunk driving accident. it was states both times that showed up, not citys.
who gets drunk at subway?
correct

Pikeville, KY

#15 Jan 8, 2010
wondering wrote:
i heard they picked up someones bff that is high up in the city and now are not suppose to patrol US 23 but like i said its a rumor
I heard the same thing and I believe my sources.
Perry

Pikeville, KY

#16 Jan 8, 2010
correct wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard the same thing and I believe my sources.
Who is the "important" person that wasn't supposed to be picked up? What's the initials if you can't say. I think I heard something about this, but didn't believe my source...if it's true..too wild!
IF it is true

Lawrenceburg, KY

#17 Jan 10, 2010
It is a shame that the police dept has to put up with the stupid crap (if it is true). If you folks have ever had a loved one killed or injured by a DUI person maybe, just maybe you would change your mind. How would you higher ups in the city government like to get a call that your wife and son had been killed by a drunk driver? Well you may not care. But I hope that you will never have that call. I live in the City Limits of Pikeville, I have noticed that there has been less Pikeville Police on US23 and I see them always driving by my house , I guess that it is more important for the police to watch the neighborhoods than it is to catch DUIs on the highway. I just came home from work and seen two patrolmen walking down Main St. Foot patrol in 10 degree weather on a late Sat night when the bars has been going full blast. I just hope that you government officials donít have to take a call late tonight letting you know that your wife and son has been in a car wreck and the other driver was drunk, I guess that you all just get woken late at night when the police take a friend to jail for DUI.

“soon to be mrs, eric wallen”

Since: Oct 09

pikeville

#18 Jan 15, 2010
i wasnt saying that you can get drunk at subway, but they stay there and wait for pll to come off the fourlane after having been to applebees or renos drinking.
just sayin

United States

#19 Jan 15, 2010
tabitha kay wrote:
i wasnt saying that you can get drunk at subway, but they stay there and wait for pll to come off the fourlane after having been to applebees or renos drinking.
lol, who goes to subway after leaving applebees or renos? I know what you are trying to say but you just keep on making youself look stupid.
Nelson

Richmond, KY

#21 Jan 17, 2010
uss23 wrote:
I'm not saying any thing mean about city. Just that I heard something about not being on 23.
heard the same is was supposed to have been the best friend of a judges daughter or something like that,or maybe mayor someone high up any way was caught D U I never make it to court,was thrown out ,now KY states are now allowed on 23, thats why you have not seen them there.dont know if it is true or not just what i have been hearing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min ole Joe 13,054
LITAFIK Wins DEBATE 24 min Wayne T 4
Pikeville to Annex Elkhorn City 37 min Ghetto 3
Freeloading Mitch McConnell 37 min Grimes Sux 11
The R & R Show (Roger Johnson & Ralph Kilgore) 1 hr Trust me 1
UMG The White Elephant at the Debate 1 hr Public Agency 1
Barry Chaney Slaps Table in Disgust 1 hr Julio Gomez 1
Hobby Lobby will not be here long. 3 hr doubt it 67
Arrogance Bulling of Pikeville HS 3 hr truth out 13
Pikeville mayor race (Feb '14) 6 hr Another City Puppet 34
What is the reason that the BOE elections are s... 11 hr Phonics werks for me 38
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match

Pikeville Jobs

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]