Pissed off at Windstream

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Have you all noticed that the DSL internet is and has been real slow? This problem is due to Windstream's poor service. No one in this area will get any speeds over 6mb. and Windstream is NOT going to do anything about it. If you call them, they will try to say your modem, router, etc is bad. We need more people to call in and raise hell with them. Cable Internet is faster right now. Also, we need everyone that is having slow internet issues to also post an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org because they are doing false advertisement, charging customers for high speed internet when you are NOT getting it. To check your speed, go to speedtest.net or http://speakeasy.net/speedtest
and see what you are getting and then compare it to what speed you are paying for. If you are paying for 6mb-12mb speeds, then you are getting ripped off. This problem is alot worse at nights.

This problem has been ongoing for the last 2 months and they will not do anything about it
vanburen friend

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

we have it to and i agree its really slow and takes for ever ive called numerus times same thing everythings working fine
Joker

Glen Rose, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

The worst phone system ever slow unreliable .VERY BAD
Gitter Dunn

Ellington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Pissed off at Windstream wrote:
Have you all noticed that the DSL internet is and has been real slow? This problem is due to Windstream's poor service. No one in this area will get any speeds over 6mb. and Windstream is NOT going to do anything about it. If you call them, they will try to say your modem, router, etc is bad. We need more people to call in and raise hell with them. Cable Internet is faster right now. Also, we need everyone that is having slow internet issues to also post an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org because they are doing false advertisement, charging customers for high speed internet when you are NOT getting it. To check your speed, go to speedtest.net or http://speakeasy.net/speedtest
and see what you are getting and then compare it to what speed you are paying for. If you are paying for 6mb-12mb speeds, then you are getting ripped off. This problem is alot worse at nights.
This problem has been ongoing for the last 2 months and they will not do anything about it
I wish we could get even close to 6MB --- with McCormick you're lucky to get 3MB and that's with their "fast" DSL.
mrt

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

awful!
fed up

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

We now switched to cable internet and getting 5.5-5.84mb, filed a report to BBB. I hope more people do the same
hey

Piedmont, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Judged:

Well, a few of us raised enough hell and got some facts about Windstream. They over subscribed the DSL service, Now they need to replace and upgrade their equipment including fiber optic lines. They do NOT want to spend the money on it so they try to patch up the problems hoping it will work. With enough hell raising, we are now getting monthly credits on our bill.$30 -$50 a month. We also submitted complaints to the Better Business Bureau.

I myself am asking everyone else to submit complaints and raise hell with Windstream and get your monthly credits as well
tiptop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Jeepster

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

I have been informed that AT&T are the holdup on the latest upgrades. The only way this will be running properly is for EVERY subscriber to file complaints, call Windstream regularly repeat weekly.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

Judged:

why is windstream so bloody annoying? "Their paying us, their normal people who are to stupid to complain with bad connection." I vote we march into town to the building and DEMAND WHAT WE PAID FOR! FAST INTERNET!
anomymous

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

You think your service is bad. Where we live the lines are on the ground half of the time and we are lucky if we connect at 26 kpbs. We will never see high speed internet with Windstream. I know people that have filed complaints with our representative. Government vehicles were seen looking at the lines after that. Don't know if anything will come of it, doubtful.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

You think the government will help? Their to 'busy' with their for-the-most-part useless corruption to line their own pockets with money to help the Average Joe anymore.
jason

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

Everyone keep complaining, never stop, finally they will fix it.
Windstream worst ISP ever

Vilonia, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

For two years I had horrible service, I mean to tell you, It would be constant disconnects from the internet, molasses in January speeds, and really poor customer service...hello India!!

Took them two years to find the problem, half the time charging me for speeds I never got even when I was staying connected. Anywho some of their issues are really old lines in the area, and they overloaded the Dslam this is true. Too many people all on one node with bad lines and infrastructure will only cause problems.
They dont care cause they know you only have cable as an alternative, and Boycom sucked worse when we had them. Right now I am on 6mb service, I am lucky to get 4mb and most of the evenings only see 1 or under.

They dont care either they always come up with some silly excuse like...oh we have a area latency outage...wtf is that?? They dont know but there is one, no shit sherlock, my latency ,packet loss is all over the place. Fix your shit Windstream, put in fiber optic lines or at least replace the crap line system you are running on now, lines from the 1960s, stop overloading the DSLAM we know you are greedy and trying to squeeze as many customers into one node as you can..so you can save $$ Trust me if there was a viable alternative I would drop them completely.

I had AT&T before they were not bad at all, the service was better and they charge a lot less. I noticed the only time my service went down was when there was a massive storm that damaged the power and phone lines, I wish AT&T would come in this area or someone decent. Windstream needs a little competition.
Pissed off

Piedmont, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

Judged:

I found out that the hold up on improving DSL is due to AT&T running new fiber optic line. They werer supposed to do this last December, they postponed to January. Now they decided to bump it to march 14.

Basically AT&T is so big they do NOT care and there is Nothing we can do about it
those were the days

Vilonia, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

Judged:

I have windstream ! and have no trouble with mine what so ever !
Screw Windstream

Bee Branch, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

I pay for 6 meg speed and it never comes close...Anytime after schools out until 1 am I can barely open a page...Ive called prob 50 times since Nov. and its always a latency outage...Of course there is an outage as usual...There not going to fix shit because this is a rural area not generating enough $ for them to get up off their ass and upgrade...This is only going to go on for so long until enough people get pissed and drop their ass...I have received credits on my bill but that is not the point...Everyone should call windstream on the same day and threaten canceling because of their so called outage...That probably still would not be enough...Windstream customer service said to call during business hours and ask for the planner or planners of this area and get a more direct explanation what needs to be done and if its in the works...If anyone has any new or further info about windstream please post and keep everyone up to date...
wilma

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

awful
very upset

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

thier connection sux anymore. cant ever get online.
Ehhhh

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

They would probably just close the broadband business before they spend the money to give you what you pay for.....just like AT&T. They want all the money they can get without spending any and you are expected to just accept it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Piedmont Forum right now

Search the Piedmont Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 1 hr vote to vote 10,207
Gospel Singing/Barbecue Benefit 1 hr Alive In Christ 6
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr The Anti Liberal 95,457
First Gas Station on the Right as you come into... 18 hr rosesn67 58
8 Reasons Why AT&T Sucks Beyond All Belief (Sep '13) 21 hr Mel 20
brookover family Thu Yall are haters 6
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Wed CLUE 6,909
•••
•••
•••
•••

Piedmont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••