Petersburg Man Shot to Death in Richmond - wtvr

Full story: WTVR 93
Richmond Police investigators have identified the man found shot to death early this morning as Reshawn Devon Thurman, 28, of the 1100 block of Hinton Street in Petersburg. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ms princess

Hopewell, VA

#82 May 20, 2010
why they have 2 be black.................
Millard Fillmore

Richmond, VA

#83 May 20, 2010
ms princess wrote:
why they have 2 be black..........
You tell us
just another thug

Hopewell, VA

#84 May 23, 2010
looks like this dude that was recently slumped was just another lowlife thug . lived by the gun , got done in by one . Pathetic that people were portraying this guy as one of the good blacks that happen to be in our society . Rest in pieces .
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#85 May 23, 2010
just another thug wrote:
looks like this dude that was recently slumped was just another lowlife thug . lived by the gun , got done in by one . Pathetic that people were portraying this guy as one of the good blacks that happen to be in our society . Rest in pieces .
Hater!!!!!!!!!!
LOCAL RESIDENT

Petersburg, VA

#86 May 27, 2010
just another thug wrote:
WOWW!!! Dont you sound ignorant..no one is portraying anything but what he was..so unless you knew him or have anything positive to say you should keep your comments to yourself..and FYI, there are PLENTY of good blacks that happen to be in our society just as there are PLENTY of ignorant ass racist people, like yourself. If you all get to know us before you judge based on what your ancestry thinks..you might realize that we are good people..
the system

Hopewell, VA

#87 May 28, 2010
LOCAL RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>
WOWW!!! Dont you sound ignorant..no one is portraying anything but what he was..so unless you knew him or have anything positive to say you should keep your comments to yourself..and FYI, there are PLENTY of good blacks that happen to be in our society just as there are PLENTY of ignorant ass racist people, like yourself. If you all get to know us before you judge based on what your ancestry thinks..you might realize that we are good people..
Why waste time getting to know someone that doesn't even know whom they are themselves . you say that I am a racist ? I generally don't pretend to like anyone that is ignorant and to the assumer goes the ignorant award ! I simply stated , after learning of the facts , that he was just another lowlife thug . Before , when he was just a college student ; i saw him as just someone getting slumped . When I learned that he shot the dude before receiving his own fatal gunshot wound , I surmised that he was just another seeking revenge dumbass imbecile that should have stayed home instead of trying ( failing ) to prove that he was down for his homie :(. Eventually , you have to see things for what they are ; the day that I become a racist will have to begin the day that I assume that race actually means something other than a conglomeration of mixed bloodlines . Okay , introduce yourself ,:)
VA RESIDENT

Petersburg, VA

#88 May 28, 2010
the system wrote:
<quoted text>Why waste time getting to know someone that doesn't even know whom they are themselves . you say that I am a racist ? I generally don't pretend to like anyone that is ignorant and to the assumer goes the ignorant award ! I simply stated , after learning of the facts , that he was just another lowlife thug . Before , when he was just a college student ; i saw him as just someone getting slumped . When I learned that he shot the dude before receiving his own fatal gunshot wound , I surmised that he was just another seeking revenge **** imbecile that should have stayed home instead of trying ( failing ) to prove that he was down for his ****:(. Eventually , you have to see things for what they are ; the day that I become a racist will have to begin the day that I assume that race actually means something other than a conglomeration of mixed bloodlines . Okay , introduce yourself ,:)
Where you at the club? Or are you just going off of hear-say?? Have u seen the RECENT news also stating that the murderer in this case was also released from prison after only doing 2 years for a murder he had committed prior to reshawn??? IF in fact this was a shoot out , how would he be a lowlife thug for trying to protect his life?? How can one assume that this was about seeking revenge just because his friend uzzle was killed in the same location. Reshawn was a club promoter (since you say u know your facts), Have a Nice Day was a frequent for him along with Aurora,etc. He could have been doin his job while livin it up with his friends, when someone ASSUMED he was there for revenge. See the problem with the whole thing is, people read the news articles, gather facts from social networking sites, or from mutual friends, and along with their own personal assumptions feel that its safe to make judgement (ie "lowlife thug") when in fact they were not there during the incident, or not know the victim in the first place. Bottom line is no one deserves to lose their life at the hands of someone else by ANY means. A 23- yr old who was a father, son, boyfriend, cousin, FRIEND with many hopes and dreams is gone. Imagine how it feels to walk into a church seeing your son, your boyfriend, your friend lying in a casket, lifeless. Imagine how it feels to have to explain to a 2yr old that daddys not coming home...
Money moves really fast

Hopewell, VA

#89 May 28, 2010
VA RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you at the club? Or are you just going off of hear-say?? Have u seen the RECENT news also stating that the murderer in this case was also released from prison after only doing 2 years for a murder he had committed prior to reshawn??? IF in fact this was a shoot out , how would he be a lowlife thug for trying to protect his life?? How can one assume that this was about seeking revenge just because his friend uzzle was killed in the same location. Reshawn was a club promoter (since you say u know your facts), Have a Nice Day was a frequent for him along with Aurora,etc. He could have been doin his job while livin it up with his friends, when someone ASSUMED he was there for revenge. See the problem with the whole thing is, people read the news articles, gather facts from social networking sites, or from mutual friends, and along with their own personal assumptions feel that its safe to make judgement (ie "lowlife thug") when in fact they were not there during the incident, or not know the victim in the first place. Bottom line is no one deserves to lose their life at the hands of someone else by ANY means. A 23- yr old who was a father, son, boyfriend, cousin, FRIEND with many hopes and dreams is gone. Imagine how it feels to walk into a church seeing your son, your boyfriend, your friend lying in a casket, lifeless. Imagine how it feels to have to explain to a 2yr old that daddys not coming home...
I've seen all of the above including any relative including females , ie. wife , sister and mother in a casket ; empathy nor sympathy will cross our paths , in order , to gather a greater understanding of what engaging in a gunfight could lead to . He wasn't in the capacity of promoting anything that night while weilding that weapon , or is there denial of that fact ? And you bring up the fact that the killer previously killed ; he was incarcerated because he was ultimately right , he just should have aimed better and killed the right one in the crowd , just as he did this time . Just maybe , if he didn't brandish his firearm , thinking that he was preventing an altercation , then just maybe he wouldn't have had to use it and just maybe it wouldn't have had to be killed . There are rules once you pull that thing . I know people get away with pulling and not using but every once in a while ; those pullers run into a person that is a killer . I don't walk around with a tattoo on my head that says " certified "or "trained to go " and maybe it presents a disadvantage for that average , I just bought a gun because I was 21 or that street thug that wants to keep a nicca off of his azz but I'll burn their dumbazz and make a beeline towards the nearest Denny's . Now , you say that your homeboy was in the right ; I don't know but if he chose to put himself in that arena , he made the decision to pack that iron , he thought that a position in the middle of a parking lot could be defended and he assumed that it was a good idea to stand up and aim like he was at the range , then the only conclusion that I can come to with the overabundance of premises is that he was wrong . Blame your homeboy for not ducking behind a car , blame your homeboy for shooting a right-handed dude in the left side of the chest , blame your homeboy for pausing when he saw that dude was hit , blame your homeboy for not double tapping that nicca centermass and blame your homeboy for having second thoughts about actually killing that man , when he knew that round met that mark and all it took was for him to adjust and pump one in that nicca's face and close his casket ......You're probably not a bad person but when you put that gun in your hand ; some of us kill first and read your biography ( obituary ) later . ONE LOVE !!!! R.I.P Christopher "DUDUS" Coke !!!!!
Money moves really fast

Hopewell, VA

#90 May 28, 2010
VA RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>
dude should have never hesitated once he saw dude was hit . the consequences that he was going to face became too real too fast but he hit a righthanded man on the left side of his chest . he should have finished what he started ; instead , dude returned fire and your homeboy was soon to be exhaling his last breath . people don't try to take another breath when they're about to go , they're trying not to let that last one out . All of the animosity that was in the parking lot prior to the shooting was gone , once the last shot was fired . A bunch of out of place niccas were looking just like they were , out of place ; real niccas were grabbing their homeboy and heading for the hood . if dude didn't start feeling weak , this would still be an unsolved mystery . ONE LOVE , shorty ! R.I.P Christopher " Dudus " Coke T.G has your back , Don Dadda ( dead fi alive )
RIP Reshawn

Trenton, NJ

#91 Jun 1, 2010
First of all, anyone downing shawn can go to hell. Shawn was an amazing person. He was no where near a thug. He wasn't just someone who clubbed n that's it. He worked hard at his job and put his daughter first. He was an outgoing, down to earth person with a HUGE heart!! He was not out to harm anyone! This was a terrible incident that cost his life. Reshawn would do anything for anyone. He was the life of the party and his daughter was his world!!! He touched so many lives on this earth even though he was here for a short time. Anyone that was at his homegoing service saw proof of this. I miss him so much. So for everyone downing him, please stop. He was not a bad person. Please have some respect for his family and daughter. He was a great friend, brother, father, uncle and cousin and he is truly missed. Rest in Paradise my Sweet Angel! I can't wait to see you again!!!
appalled

Hopewell, VA

#92 Jun 2, 2010
RIP Reshawn wrote:
First of all, anyone downing shawn can go to hell. Shawn was an amazing person. He was no where near a thug. He wasn't just someone who clubbed n that's it. He worked hard at his job and put his daughter first. He was an outgoing, down to earth person with a HUGE heart!! He was not out to harm anyone! This was a terrible incident that cost his life. Reshawn would do anything for anyone. He was the life of the party and his daughter was his world!!! He touched so many lives on this earth even though he was here for a short time. Anyone that was at his homegoing service saw proof of this. I miss him so much. So for everyone downing him, please stop. He was not a bad person. Please have some respect for his family and daughter. He was a great friend, brother, father, uncle and cousin and he is truly missed. Rest in Paradise my Sweet Angel! I can't wait to see you again!!!
How in the hell are you going to see him again ? he doesn't have a body !
RIP RESHAWN

United States

#93 Apr 21, 2011
appalled wrote:
<quoted text>How in the hell are you going to see him again ? he doesn't have a body !
Do you not believe in God and in heaven? My sweet angel is in the heavenly streets of heaven with God. He has received the ultimate gift, which is to be with our almight Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! So if you think he has no body, you are wrong my friend!Read the bible!
The Sinner Syndicate

Petersburg, VA

#94 Apr 19, 2012
Reico Suave wrote:
Funny how the Bottom was enjoying such success, then you let in a couple black clubs, and presto, black crime everywhere! Imagine that,eh Obama? lol
"WE SHOULD HAVE PICKED THE COTTON OURSELVES"-Founding Fathers
At least the original slaves could have been a better genetic quality measure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donna Howlett 10 hr bo bo 16
Review: Speedy Cars Inc (Apr '14) Dec 16 happywithspeedy 3
Report bad work from Kenny Amos here. Dec 16 JJJ 12
Is Edwina Daniel a good Realtor? (Dec '13) Dec 12 Cramaz 27
City Attorney Resigns Dec 6 Mansion Hiller 3
Why Are Petersburg Students so darn Stupid, wor... (Oct '12) Dec 5 Zipperhead 46
Prince George Missing Man (Sep '08) Dec 1 anonymous 56
Petersburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Petersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Petersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Petersburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:37 am PST