First Prev
of 5
Next Last
worried miner

Hendersonville, TN

#1 Jul 2, 2012
Any details about any of the miners getting laid off from darby mine? I heard more miners are getting laid off? I work at darby still? Lone mountain is up to something? Closing up middle splint and pardee wax mines for good. Anyone know about another lay-off coming?
info

United States

#2 Jul 3, 2012
Hate to bust your bubble but all you are gonna get on here is opinions and "I thinks". No one will know til lone mtn wants you to know. If they are shutting down, they sure are putting a lot of money up to get it going.
mtn man

Hendersonville, TN

#3 Jul 3, 2012
I got the boot with other miners. Lone mountain can save some miner jobs. Get rid of a security company. Why pay for 2 when u just need one. Securitas and A&A lone mountain employees. Cut one loose and save a miner.
Then

Lenoir, NC

#4 Jul 3, 2012
I'm so sorry if this is effecting your families. I come from a coal mining family.
angry miner

Hendersonville, TN

#6 Jul 3, 2012
I worked 12 years at powell mountain coal. I worked with anthony fee roger fleenor titus whitt tj harless and hawk eye. Loyal service to powell mountain. What happens walking papers for my services. The comment about two security companies is true. The A&A company is a waste. Guarding a empty prep plant and a run down mine. Save some cash put a gate up at middle splint. Pardee mine has a gate and no guard. They patrol the area and thats good enuff. We need a union to protect are jobs. Miners are bread winners for the coal company not the dead weight security. We got families and bills to pay. My daughter asked me why did I lose my job. How are we going to eat. Thanks lone mountain let security mine your coal.
UMWA

Blacksburg, VA

#7 Jul 3, 2012
Vote for Obama again, this time he will finish off the coal industry.
Ands

Lenoir, NC

#8 Jul 3, 2012
angry miner wrote:
I worked 12 years at powell mountain coal. I worked with anthony fee roger fleenor titus whitt tj harless and hawk eye. Loyal service to powell mountain. What happens walking papers for my services. The comment about two security companies is true. The A&A company is a waste. Guarding a empty prep plant and a run down mine. Save some cash put a gate up at middle splint. Pardee mine has a gate and no guard. They patrol the area and thats good enuff. We need a union to protect are jobs. Miners are bread winners for the coal company not the dead weight security. We got families and bills to pay. My daughter asked me why did I lose my job. How are we going to eat. Thanks lone mountain let security mine your coal.
I'm so sorry this has happened to you and your family.
angry miner

Hendersonville, TN

#9 Jul 4, 2012
UMWA wrote:
Vote for Obama again, this time he will finish off the coal industry.
I voted for Mccain. Not for some coon
OBAMA 12

Roanoke, VA

#10 Jul 4, 2012
angry miner wrote:
I guess you are gonna have to go get your G.E.D. and train for a new job and get used to making $ 7.25 an hour instead of $ 20. I don't think any high school drop out should be rewarded wth a $ 20 an hour job. People with a college education don't make that much.
OBAMA 12

Roanoke, VA

#11 Jul 4, 2012
By the way, those security people deserve a job too.
hmmm

United States

#12 Jul 4, 2012
Must b a thacker. That's all that support Obama
angry miner

Hendersonville, TN

#13 Jul 4, 2012
OBAMA 12 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you are gonna have to go get your G.E.D. and train for a new job and get used to making $ 7.25 an hour instead of $ 20. I don't think any high school drop out should be rewarded wth a $ 20 an hour job. People with a college education don't make that much.
I finished high school in 93 from lee high. I went mecc for 2 yrs. Its not my fault on how much i make. You sound like that jack ass lee co thinker.
no laughing matter

Morgantown, WV

#14 Jul 4, 2012
you are dumb as hell.....not all coal miners are high school drop outs and lots of them have college credits or degrees....you are sitting there on your sorry ass judging these men who work a deadly job to take care of their families.....YOU ARE AN ASS.......why don't you try and do something for yourself and you wouldn't have to hate on the ones that make more money than you.....get a life and have a great day!!!!!!
coal miners daughter

Hendersonville, TN

#15 Jul 4, 2012
My dad is a hard working man. He finished high school and lee votech. Leave the miners alone. The security part from obama 12. Paying for them keeps a miner out work. Get rid of their butts. Put real men to work. Obama 12 go back to africa with the other spear chuckers
Obama 12-16

Murfreesboro, TN

#16 Jul 4, 2012
coal miners daughter wrote:
My dad is a hard working man. He finished high school and lee votech. Leave the miners alone. The security part from obama 12. Paying for them keeps a miner out work. Get rid of their butts. Put real men to work. Obama 12 go back to africa with the other spear chuckers
Coal miner daughter, sounds like you are trailor park trash,ever think that an adverage spear chucker can probally buy you and your family 10 times over. especially if you trash fron SW Va.
coal miners daughter

Hendersonville, TN

#17 Jul 4, 2012
My family lives in a nice 2800sq ft brick home. My parents own it with no payments. My parents make over 120000.00 a year. Obama 12 people like you get strung up or tied to back of truck here in swv. Coloreds are not welcomed in swv.
Did not vote for obama

Campbellsville, KY

#18 Jul 4, 2012
Obama 12-16 ... turn your electric off for a while & sit in the dark w/out air or heat,hot water or any of the other finer things in life the COAL MINERS PROVIDE FOR YOU!!! Yes they risk their life every second of every day they work & no amount of money ( hourly pay ) would ever be enough. All of my family all the way back to my great,great,great grand parents were COAL MINERS & guess what it did not matter if they had graduated high school or not they were supporting their family.
I AM A COAL MINERS GRAND DAUGHTER, DAUGHTER, & WIFE & AM DAM PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!
OBAMA 12

Christiansburg, VA

#19 Jul 4, 2012
Poor little imbreed girl. I bet you own an SUV with the coal miners daughter emblem on your back windsheild,the one with the coal miner on his hands and knees, that says coal miners daughter: The lower my daddy goes, the hornier I get. And oh yeah as long as their is natural gas, I will not be sitting in the dark. Vote OBAMA in 2012.
no obama 12

Salem, VA

#20 Jul 4, 2012
Poor little inbred (imbreed lol) boy. I bet you own a shitty little hoopty. It amazes me that some people who live in coal country can have such a disrespectful view of coal miners. Is it that you are bitter that you are 3rd generation welfare and get pissed when you see blue collar working class families enjoy the fruits of their (hard working) labor? Grow up and try it sometime boy, then tell us if you think $20 an hr is too much.
ignorance

Beattyville, KY

#21 Jul 4, 2012
ignorance is rampant on this thread. colords arent welcome? wtf? you little girl need to get out of them there hills and realize there is a great big world beyond Lee County. backwoods morons.

I respect the coal miners they have a very hard job and work hard. but I will NOT fall at their feet like they and mostly their families expect. most of this belly aching are these stay at home wives who get out and run the roads and spend their husbands checks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama hates black people! 1 hr question 3
pg fire dept getting an ambulance 8 hr jdr 50
game warden in pocket 10 hr tracker 1
Church (Jun '12) 18 hr shankmaster 134
woman at subway Mon jdr 2
lee high sports Nov 23 spike on you 176
Pregnant after getting your tubes tied? (Mar '11) Nov 22 Ckv 124
Pennington Gap Dating
Find my Match

Pennington Gap People Search