Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Judged:

Better season? All for the Children? Lets's have honesty, intregity and role models for our children? Please?? Come on.... coaches who have served jail time, cursing children, yelling at kids, trying to "get in on the plays on the field"? Get real people! Is all of this true, or was a lot of people having a nightmare in regards to their children's future? Is there an answer? YES......get rid of family oreinted boards, buddy systems, and back-stabbers.....get an organized program. YOUR FOOTBALL CAREER IS OVER! LET THESE KIDS HAVE FUN PLAYING BALL! Do you know, FOR A FACT, that a coach has served time/cursing children/or trying to "get in on plays"? If that was an issue, wouldn't it be resolved? You would hope so. I know MY child did not have any of these issues with his coaches. I was at every practice, and every game. If a coached cursed my kid, there would be an issue, league or LEGAL, it didn't happen with us. If my kid's coach served time....he wouldn't play for him. If a coach on the field was overly involved, wouldn't someone say something? Lee High Little League Night? Parade? Trophies? Nothing this year, but less games and more heartache for children and parents. All I can say is my child had great coaches, and other parents on other teams may say the same. But, what's the overall rating of this NEW PROGRAM?
Well

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

Someone is jealous! You must be one of the idiots that threw little temper tantrums after the games and showed how ignorant they really are. Go look in the mirror becuase your actions are no better than what you are attempting to complain about. You just didn't get your way.....GROW UP! Wanting our children to excel at sports is admirable but maybe just maybe your kid is not the STAR you want to make him out to be. You want to teach your child good morales then stop throwing insults, stop complaining, and stop trying to fight with the other parents. A child is a mirror image of the parent....put junk in get junk out. It is a GAME!
welfare mule

Jonesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

its going to take time to rebuild the program after the coomer' years. they where done just like the lee high kids, trashed. its going to take another year or so to get the program going in the right direction. as for coaches serving time, i dont know of any who did but i dident know all of them. and remember these coaches are not payed, so its who ever wants to be a coach. but i think their is something about criminals not being able to coach. if they are know criminals. give the new program some time. i think i hear one of the league officials say they started out with like $$$25.00 in the account before season. and anyone that wants to donate their time and help coach or anything else, get in contact with squeekie, eric, leeann, or john. the would love the help.
Children R 1st

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

Jealous? Idiot? Didn't get my way? MY child is not a STAR? I have no idea what you are talking about. First off, I didn't put down ANY CHILD! You don't know me, or my child. You are the idiot for even throwing a child out there, saying they are not a star. Every child that attempts to better themselves is a STAR! However, my child was invited to the "All-Stars", for your information. I wasn't involved in any altercations, or arguements on any field, practice, or game. So, thank you for showing YOUR true self. One more thing, before YOU call someone an IDIOT, check your spelling and grammar.
Football Fan

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

Looks like an family affair to me. Same ole same ole for Lee High Sports! Don't get your hopes up for it to get any better!
Come on

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

welfare mule wrote:
its going to take time to rebuild the program after the coomer' years. they where done just like the lee high kids, trashed. its going to take another year or so to get the program going in the right direction. as for coaches serving time, i dont know of any who did but i dident know all of them. and remember these coaches are not payed, so its who ever wants to be a coach. but i think their is something about criminals not being able to coach. if they are know criminals. give the new program some time. i think i hear one of the league officials say they started out with like $$$25.00 in the account before season. and anyone that wants to donate their time and help coach or anything else, get in contact with squeekie, eric, leeann, or john. the would love the help.
Coomer was just head coach for year, this has been years in the making.
welfare mule

Jonesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

and coomer is still doing the same thing at j vill middle. hes having the kids run plays that lee isnt running and when these kids get to lee they will have to relearn it all over again. he might be a decent guy but hes no football coach. it would be like me trying to teach mma classes... a cluster f*^k
Well

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

Children R 1st wrote:
Jealous? Idiot? Didn't get my way? MY child is not a STAR? I have no idea what you are talking about. First off, I didn't put down ANY CHILD! You don't know me, or my child. You are the idiot for even throwing a child out there, saying they are not a star. Every child that attempts to better themselves is a STAR! However, my child was invited to the "All-Stars", for your information. I wasn't involved in any altercations, or arguements on any field, practice, or game. So, thank you for showing YOUR true self. One more thing, before YOU call someone an IDIOT, check your spelling and grammar.
Check your own spelling and grammar IDIOT! I'm not impressed with your attempt to make yourself look important. Please allow me to correct myself ---- you are JEALOUS and trying to start trash talk about the program becuase you are MAD that you did not get your way about something. Be an adult and go to the meetings and voice your concerns.
question

Salem, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

Why is it called "Lee County Youth Football" anyway? Do they have all of the kids in Lee County playing there, or just a chosen few? Just a thought.
One answer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

No, not all kids in Lee County play in the Lee County Youth Football League. Thomas Walker took their kids out and play a different league. The play Middlesboro, Claiborne County, Hancock County, Tn and Knox County, Ky for examples. There is a better answer, you just need to look for it.
Children R 1st

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

Once again, "Well" CHECK YOUR SPELLING! If you know someone at Lee High who is a teacher , get him to proof read your messages, never mind, that wouldn't work either....this is how you spell this word....BECAUSE! Now, I have said nothing about getting "My way" about anything, I am just saying some things were different, maybe good, maybe bad. YOU are the one throwing out children not being stars and people not getting their way and blah blah blah....let people be people, and let kids be kids. Some of these coaches have been doing this for years in the area, and the kids and parents look forward to the next year with them. It seems you may be the one with all the hostility towards the season. A little defensive are we?? Hopefully next year will bring good things for all involved.
Children R 1st

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

Oh, and by the way, NO parents were EVER informed of ANY meetings what so ever. Therefore, unless someone was to "stalk" someone on the board, how would one know when a meeting was taking place? Everyone gets a "Weekender" paper, everyone saw the league asking for money for sign-ups, but no public meetings. Some of the board members didn't even know about meetings, kind of odd, don't you think? Or, can you think for yourself???? IDIOT!
Well

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2011

Judged:

You really are JEALOUS!

Don't try to bully me bc it just will not work. I can tell what you are looking for and that is an ARGUMENT (please spell check yourself above).

Your post is not to get an idea of what could have been better. Your post is a backstabbing, 2 faced, whining attempt to get someone trashed.

Your problem is that you feel intimidated.
Why

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

Judged:

would anyone be jealous of an idiot like you. This is a free country were anyone can state their opinion.
Really

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

Judged:

And stating their opinion is what "Well" has done. Some ppl just can't take the truth. They like to get on this site and trash anyone who they have a problem with. Don't you just love the parents who sit in the stands and whine, complain, gossip, and never do anything to help. Oh that's right....a parent like that is helping by starting this topix. Then when things get tough and the post isn't going the way they want they change the name they post under and start slinging insults. JEALOUS, JEALOUS, JEALOUS! WAH, WAH, WAH WAH WAH.
WOW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Judged:

Every time someone has an opinion different than yours, you blast them.
Welfare Payer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Judged:

welfare mule wrote:
and coomer is still doing the same thing at j vill middle. hes having the kids run plays that lee isnt running and when these kids get to lee they will have to relearn it all over again. he might be a decent guy but hes no football coach. it would be like me trying to teach mma classes... a cluster f*^k
It would be like you trying to get a job, it aint gonna happen. You need to take your medicaid card and get some glasses, because these plays are not working for LHS either.
Welfare Payer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Judged:

welfare mule wrote:
And what the heck is a "squeekie"
Football Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Judged:

welfare mule wrote:
Eric was part of the Coomer years and before. So why not put some the blame on him.
Children R 1st

Reston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

I see where this is going, for one, I am not intimidated by anyone. Second, YOU,(WELL), are the one who began all the insults. So, I will leave this alone and let you "win" because that is what you are used to, I GUESS, in your own little mind. One more thing, you may be the one with some type of complex of some sort. I would ALMOST bet that you are the "lady" who was always in other people's business. If I am wrong, so be it, and I apologize. Having said that, I am done with this, I guess "I" will see you next year sometime, my "children" will play next year, because "they" love the game. I just hope they are lucky enough to have the same coaches. Fall Is ONe greAt season! Good luck to all children in their next sport! Mine only plays football, so, we will see you next year!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of63
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pennington Gap Discussions

Search the Pennington Gap Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Anna Staton 2 hr Kevin Blake 6
Holbrook could win mayors seat 13 hr voter degree 6
Where is Jessica Langley or Rogers or whatever ... (Oct '13) 15 hr Who 11
save a lot in pgap va (May '13) 17 hr chevy 5
crazy Tue helen miles 1
preacher glen woods and harbers chapel church Mon omg 3
law enforcement Mon Enda 5
•••
•••