Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,524)

Showing posts 30,461 - 30,480 of43,007
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
budd

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Please cite your source(s) for the calculation of nuclear's carbon footprint per 1000MWe relative to other current large-scale base load generation options like coal, natural gas, oil, etc. that you're preumably relying on in making this claim.
I'd be interested in reviewing it.
Thanks.
Where did I cite any calculations? If you follow the thread you will see that I was merely pointing out that the statement "Electricity from nuclear power plants adds no carbon dioxide." was incorrect. If you would like to prove me wrong in correcting the commenter's statement go ahead.
cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/23/antar...

Ice core shows Antarctic Peninsula warming is nothing unusual

Climate was HOTTER in Roman, medieval times than now:
IPCC has got it all wrong

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/07/10/globa...

[Must have been all those Roman factories, internal combustion engines and over consumption of oil, gas and electricity. Also all that olive oil burning in their lamps. Not to mention all that carbon from Nero's fire heating up the planet. lol.]

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

cricket wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2 012/08/23/antarctic_peninsula_ ice_core/
Ice core shows Antarctic Peninsula warming is nothing unusual
Climate was HOTTER in Roman, medieval times than now:
IPCC has got it all wrong
The Register is trash.
The analysis revealed that 15,000-12,000 years ago, the Antarctic Peninsula experienced significant warming, becoming about 1C warmer than today.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...

That's about 10,000 years before Roman times and 11,000 years before medieval time at least.
Analysis of a 364m-long ice core containing several millennia of climate history shows the region previously basked in temperatures slightly higher than today.

However, the peninsula is now warming rapidly, threatening previously stable areas of ice, the study warns.
The important point is that the Antarctic is *still* warming rapidly and will continue to do so.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

budd wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, so you don't do semantics.
I'd try to explain, but it's probably too complicated for you.
fooey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

fooey
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
For a short while longer, it's:<quoted text>
WOW you are going back into rehab. Good thing we were a little concerned that it may be to late. Now remember to tell your social worker that you suffer from useless babble tainted with hate and you successfully failed to show your own work. Now if there is enough time maybe they can help you with that cut and paste thing you suffer from. Hay dirtling good luck we are batting for you.
cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

GEEWIZ wrote:
BURN That COAL.THANKS 2 odummy and the epa,and silly green movement.coal miners out of work,pain at the pump,pain at the electric plug.all u green super hero;s r destroying the economy.Burn that COAL.CONVERT IT 2 OIL.unless u believe green math which never is right.
A federal court has struck down an Environmental Protection Agency rule that forces cuts in soot- and smog-forming power plant emissions that cross state lines, dealing a major blow to the White House's air quality agenda.

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/2445...

Y-E-S !!!

Party at my place!

Huge BBQ so we can emit more C02 and eat more red meat so they will raise more cattle and the cows can fart and emit even more C02.****

Whoo-hoo!

Y-E-S !!!

religious cc believers not invited.

**** This is how you live what you believe. Believers in cc/mmcc...take note.
cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
The Register is trash.
<quoted text>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
That's about 10,000 years before Roman times and 11,000 years before medieval time at least.
<quoted text>
The important point is that the Antarctic is *still* warming rapidly and will continue to do so.
It is SO hilarious that YOU believe that YOU are an authority in all things mmcc.
rofl.
All you are doing is endlessly repeating yourself over and over like a parrot and looping.

When you are gone one day, the earth will be the same, the climate will keep changing as it always has and history will record beliefs like yours as superstitious and ignorant and total belief in lies of corrupt government and scientists on the take.

But hey, if ignorance and superstition are your thing, keep the faith.
budd

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
A federal court has struck down an Environmental Protection Agency rule that forces cuts in soot- and smog-forming power plant emissions that cross state lines, dealing a major blow to the White House's air quality agenda.
http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/2445...
Y-E-S !!!
Party at my place!
Huge BBQ so we can emit more C02 and eat more red meat so they will raise more cattle and the cows can fart and emit even more C02.****
Whoo-hoo!
Y-E-S !!!
religious cc believers not invited.
**** This is how you live what you believe. Believers in cc/mmcc...take note.
Dirty air Yeeeehaw!

Why not bring your grill indoors so you can really enjoy that smoke.
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

budd wrote:
<quoted text>
Dirty air Yeeeehaw!
You are correct they suffer from dirty air and haven't recognized it. The EPA seems to be hard core but when you cut the strings from major industry things get to be out of hand. I bet the people here that are going to celebrate refuse to live next to some coal, oil or nuke facility.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep - I was interested in your sources. I've read the same anecdotal speculations.
The debate seems to be not so much a matter of what will be medically & technologically possible over the next century as the extent to which -
a) such medical & technological wizardry will be affordable and generally available, or limited to an insignificant fraction of the population, akin to the mere handful of Branson's super-wealthy 'space tourist' clientele who will pay astronomical (heh - I slay myself sometimes ...) sums to enjoy 20 mins of sub-orbital flight,
b) the extent to which societies will be willing and able to foot the bill for such heroic life-extending interventions on any scale beyond the years that the beneficiaries are productive workers in the workforce
b) the extent to which there will be any wide-spread demand to want to live 125 years as a 'cyborg.'
There is, after all, only so many years golf one can play without getting bored of it ...
It will be interesting to see - though not interesting enough to make me want to hang around until 2125 myself ...
It would be amazing. I look at all the stuff my father has seen in his 91 years and think what will it be like when I'm 91. Hell I was born in 58. Look at the changes just in my lifetime so far! It will be a grand adventure!!!

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

Save the planet for the end is near and the climate change denying-bible thumping-planet-hating neocons shall burn in a fiery climate change hell on earth.
Let us pray:
ALGORE is my shepherd; I shall not think.
He maketh me lie down in Greenzi pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still-freezing waters.
He selleth my soul for CO2:
He leadeth me in the paths of self-righteousness for his own sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of reason,
I will fear no logic: for thou art with me and thinking for me;
Thy Gore’s family oil fortune and thy 10,000 square Gorey foot mansion, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a movie in the presence of contradictory evidence:
Thou anointest mine head with nonsense; my fear runneth over.
Surely blind faith and hysteria shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of ALGORE forever.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

flack wrote:
<quoted text> It would be amazing. I look at all the stuff my father has seen in his 91 years and think what will it be like when I'm 91. Hell I was born in 58. Look at the changes just in my lifetime so far! It will be a grand adventure!!!
Wow. Did he tell you about the dust bowl, depression, WWII, segregation, busing, Nixon, etc.?

Maybe you own a farm with oil wells near a large lake and feel safe and secure with guns, right?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

mememine69 wrote:
Save the planet for the end is near and the climate change denying-bible thumping-planet-hating neocons shall burn in a fiery climate change hell on earth.
Let us pray:
ALGORE is my shepherd; I shall not think.
He maketh me lie down in Greenzi pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still-freezing waters.
He selleth my soul for CO2:
He leadeth me in the paths of self-righteousness for his own sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of reason,
I will fear no logic: for thou art with me and thinking for me;
Thy Gore’s family oil fortune and thy 10,000 square Gorey foot mansion, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a movie in the presence of contradictory evidence:
Thou anointest mine head with nonsense; my fear runneth over.
Surely blind faith and hysteria shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of ALGORE forever.
What's your point?

Tipper left the building??
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

cricket wrote:
A federal court has struck down an Environmental Protection Agency rule that forces cuts in soot- and smog-forming power plant emissions that cross state lines.....
The ghost of Pres. George Bush is still around. GB appointed at least one of the judges that struck down this important EPA ability to control pollution. So many topix AGW deniers SAY they were environmentalists until CO2 AGW scientists got pushy.

It is noted that cricket, a topix AGW denier is delirious over the overturning of this soot ruling. He was NEVER an environmentalist.
cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

"When analyzing ancient history in bronze age times, what really stands out is the mass migration of many people groups, beginning in the 1400 B.C. time frame, because of catastrophic climate change, as before the climate change, bronze age cities such as Nippur, Ubar, Harappa, Yam, Ebla, and Jiroft, thrived in what would become deserts, left in arid desolation because of the serious decline of ranifall which began circa 1500 B.C."

http://dancingfromgenesis.wordpress.com/2009/...

THAT IS WRITTEN HISTORY.

Oh and this:

The Paleothic Period (c. 25000 BC)

"Archaeological evidence suggests that Egypt was inhabited by hunters over 250,000 years ago when the region was a green grassland.
The Paleolithic period around 25000 BC brought climatic changes which turned Egypt into a desert."
http://www.aldokkan.com/egypt/pre_dynastic.ht...

Catastrophic climate change...OH MY!
[time to sacrifice to the gods...eh?]

"the almost complete desertification of northern Africa from the sixth to the fourth millennia BCE."

11500 BCE: 500 years of excessive flooding caused the abandonment of early attempts at agriculture and a return to a nomadic existence of fishing, hunting and gathering until the end of the 6th millennium.

3000-2800: The decline in the flooding of about 1 to 1.5m, ca. 30% of the flow, was followed by widespread unrest and the depopulation of Nubia.

2250-1950: Low inundations, causing the drying out of Lake Moeris, signalled the end of the Old Kingdom.

http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/geography...

desertification of the Sahara ( c. 2500 B.C.)
http://www.hope.edu/academic/ids/171/timeline...

Go ahead warmie gloomer and doomers, re-write the history like your high priest of cc/mmcc guru's do...and pretend most of it doesn't exist.

It is most amazing and astounding ignorance when warmies discredit ALL sources that dispute cc/mmcc no matter waht or who.
All the while, every bogus source that is spouting the gobbledegook mmcc beliefs is to be taken with the utmost seriousness.
lol.
cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
The ghost of Pres. George Bush is still around. GB appointed at least one of the judges that struck down this important EPA ability to control pollution. So many topix AGW deniers SAY they were environmentalists until CO2 AGW scientists got pushy.
It is noted that cricket, a topix AGW denier is delirious over the overturning of this soot ruling. He was NEVER an environmentalist.
Oh, now YOU are mixing politics into the mix?
rofl.
Don't you & your fellow warmies accuse the skeptic non believers of politicizing science?

Shutting down coal energy has ZERO to do with the myth of mmcc or cc.

Sovietizing the energy has been slowed and hopefully stopped.

Are you crying for the lost dream?
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

cricket wrote:
A federal court has struck down an Environmental Protection Agency rule that forces cuts in soot- and smog-forming power plant emissions that cross state lines.....
//////////
litesong wrote:

//////////
cricket wrote:
Go ahead warmie gloomer and doomers, re-write the history.....
//////////
litesong wrote:
We know cricket wants to re-write EPA regulations.
cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

budd wrote:
<quoted text>
Dirty air Yeeeehaw!
nothing useful to say, huh.

If you are so worried about dirty air, go spew your bullsh*t about China's pollution. Or in the Middle East, where war machinery is running 24/7 on OIL and GAS.

Navy’s ‘Green Fleet’ Fuel Costs $27 A Gallon

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/navys-gree...

What about depleted DU poisoning & polluting the ground soil, water food and people? Many babies are now being born with major defects because of it.

Do you care at all?

It IS the Earth you know.

Aren't you about saving the planet and stopping the harmful carbon emissions from EVIL fossil fuels?

Are you addressing THAT fact at all?

Do ANY gov's care at all and are addressing those facts to halt [the fictitious ] mmcc?

Think they'll reduce their war consumption and cut down or stop?

Do you think that the air over China stays over China?

The air in the Middle East stays over the Middle East?

That the radiation cloud(s) from Fukishima stays over Fukishima?

So much for your astounding knowledge of weather patterns and systems.

You're just pizzed that you're NOT invited to my big celebration bash.
Or is it that there are no environmental police for you to snitch to?

Bonfire @ sundown.

Won't miss your surliness.
lol.
cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

lol, so predictable.

The warmies DISAGREED with WRITTEN HISTORY of the DESERTIFICATION of the Sahara in the Paleolithic period around 25000 BC.

ROFL.

THAT was not brought about by mm climate changes, but a cycle that turned Egypt into a desert.

Yup, climate naturally changes all the time. The earth is not a controlled biosphere with a thermostat set at 72*.

Perhaps it's a god complex to continue to think any human can change nature to any significant degree?

"a psychological state of mind in which a person believes that they have supernatural powers or god-like abilities"

Let me help.

Find which fits you the best:

http://analyticalpsychology.wordpress.com/201...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 30,461 - 30,480 of43,007
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pembroke Pines Discussions

Search the Pembroke Pines Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 3 hr Aaron 1,838
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Thu Panamaed 2,631
Review: Aloe Drug Mart Apr 13 Jessie Rodriguez 1
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Mar 28 a quest by jA jA 2,066
Students in Broward County schools get early le... (Mar '09) Mar 26 Cecilla 10
Review: NS Aviation Mar 19 Sharad M 1
BEWARE of THE DUCK MAN! (Jan '09) Mar '14 the truth 5
•••
•••
•••
Pembroke Pines Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pembroke Pines Jobs

•••