Carson man claims self-defense in Long Beach slaying

Full story: Daily Breeze 30
Michael Wright's courtroom confession was the first time the 47-year-old man has admitted his role in the death of Sherrelle Muhammad, a 34-year-old mother of four. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pdf

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jul 21, 2009
nice try guy. what a loser.

Since: May 08

Southern CA

#3 Jul 22, 2009
Shooting someone 10 times and claiming self defense? Yeah, right.
Rider X

Chula Vista, CA

#4 Jul 22, 2009
and then burning her car WHAT?!??! yeah ok it was all in self defense.
StayAtHomeMom

Long Beach, CA

#5 Jul 22, 2009
Guilty, guilty, guilty !!!!!!!!!!
Mal Occhio

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jul 22, 2009
the courtroom should have a laugh track like a tv comedy when the defendant makes a wack-*** claim of self-defense

btw, what's up with the CHP officer who greased her husband, also in self-defense?
Corneluis

Long Beach, CA

#7 Jul 22, 2009
All of you hobos in here viva Argentina!
wow

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jul 22, 2009
you shot her 10 times in self defense? BULLSHHHHHT
corvette lady

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jul 22, 2009
Thank you for the update. Some of us believed he was innocent. Now we know. So sad. We all knew him well and probably had some real estate transactions with him over the years.
Mal Occhio

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jul 22, 2009
what happened to the gun that Muhammed supposedly pulled on the defendant?
Elito Santarino

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 23, 2009
Looks like some good old Kentucky justice.
wtf

Marina Del Rey, CA

#13 Jul 23, 2009
Tragic. Very sad and very tragic for all of us who knew them. Heaven help us all. Please, Lord.
Classy

Atlanta, GA

#14 Jul 29, 2009
My heart goes out to Sherrelle's family, especially her children. I can't even fatham what they must be going through. It has to be hard for something like this to happen when you don't know the culprit, but when you know them, trust them, have let them in your life, it has to be unbearable. My prayers will continue to go out to her family. I knew them both. Michael for 18 years, Sherrelle for 2 year association in our office. Michael has truely shocked with me with this. I led him to Christ right before he was picked up the second time. It is in God's hands now. Please everyone pray for the family, and pray for Michael. That's all we can do. Be kind to each other. Blessings.
Chase

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Aug 5, 2009
Sherelle was my first cousin, it is a tragedy what happened. She was so sweet, loving, funny and a wonderful mother, I hope that Mr. Wright -sits in prison everying single minute of his life and think about the horrible act he committed and how that act has effected her kids and family.
Classy

Atlanta, GA

#17 Aug 5, 2009
God bless you and your family Chase. I will continue to pray for you all. This is devasting for all who knew them both. God help us!
WE KNEW HE DID IT

Coppell, TX

#18 Sep 16, 2009
My name is Dr. Ifeanyi Allah Ufondu, Ph.D. and i was the last person to speak to Sherrelle while she was alive, besides her murderer Michael Wright. This was so tragic to have occurred to someone so special and so promising. Sherrelle was the realtor of my wife Nicole and I. She explained to us that evening, Christmas night that she had just had to offers signed on our home in Gardena, CA and was on her way home to fax them to us so that we may sign the docs. Keep in mind that we talked to Sherrelle approximately 4-6 times per day, since we had just moved to Dallas and were her recently relocated clients doing business via telephone, She was our eyes and ears on this property and she was fantastic at what she did! She had previously explained to my wife and I that she was involved with a man from Carson that she had been seeing for several years and that she had also lived with and shared children from her previous relationship with, but was troubled that he might take it hard that she was going to be leaving him to reconcile with her children's birth father! Apparently she was terribly right! After several days of waiting for her to fax or call us, my wife felt as if something terribly wrong occurred with Sherrelle and even exclaimed, "Babe I bet Sherrelle is dead! " It was spine tingling to hear and I stated to her "Don't think the worst babe!" My wife's feelings were solidified after we then called her office where the secretary answered in tears and stated, "Dr. Ufondu, Sherrelle is dead and the police have taken Michael Wright into custody!' We were in complete shock over this matter! We called Detective Jackie Bezart of the Long Beach (CA) Police Department and explained our position and the information we had, but she failed to subpoena us as witnesses or even formally ointerview us regarding mr. Wright! We later explained to Det. Bezart that Michael Wright called us multiple while out on bail for Sherrelle's murder claiming that he would hold us in Real Estate limbo until our contract with Right Realty of Carson, CA. He threatened my wife with a lawsuit for trying to break the contract, where in fact he held it for so long that we ended up foreclosing on our home in Gardena. We waited and waited to hear some news concerning a trial and we are astounded to hear that the coward finally confessed to this heinous act. We miss you Sherrelle and pray for you kids and family on a daily basis! I still have your voicemails on my cell phone! Michael I also pray for you...pray that you get what you deserve...DEATH!!!!!!
C ROB

San Gabriel, CA

#19 Jan 12, 2010
I just want to say that Sherrelle was a true great woman. I had the pleasure of knowing her and her children, from being her oldest daughters teacher. Sherrelle and I talked alot, and when I didn't hear from her in a few weeks I called and no answer. I do have to say that God's plan isn't always our plan, and I know she is smiling down on all of us. Sherrelle you know I will always hold you dear to my heart.
God Bless
Combative Self Defense

Pearl City, HI

#20 Jan 29, 2010
I am self defense teacher and this just scares people that have to use self defense to survive. I mean a killer claiming self defense makes everyone else freeze in fear of jail time.

This leaves normal people easy prey for criminal to attack. It's sad and wrong.

Self defense isn't shooting someone 10 times and burning every know evidence.
2Nd ChiLd

Seattle, WA

#21 Sep 4, 2010
i am the second child of sherrelle muhammad
and i am so greatful tht ppl commented
about my own wonderful mother
thank and god bless

p.s.
we are all ok
Classy

Atlanta, GA

#22 Sep 7, 2010
2Nd ChiLd wrote:
thank and god bless
p.s.
we are all ok
Hello, I am one of those that commented. I worked with your very beautiful Mom. God bless you all, it brought tears to my eyes to hear that you are all doing ok, because I pray for your daily. I am on a prayer line every morning with three wonderful friends of mine, they will also be happy to hear that all of Sherrelle's kids are doing fine. What a praise report! Love you all!
Erika

Newport Beach, CA

#23 Sep 12, 2010
2Nd ChiLd wrote:
thank and god bless
p.s.
we are all ok
Sherrelle was like my sister and I miss her so much. Sherrelle brought so much to my life. She was loving and brilliant and so very beautiful inside and out.

I love you 2nd child (I was there when you were born)and pray for all of you. I hope that I get to see you all soon. Your mother loved you so much and you all are so special and will be great just like your beautiful mother.

God bless you and the family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin Nation 28,403
Manhattan Beach to vote on FAA airspace plan (Oct '10) Sat Voter 23
Teens left Westside park when gang members show... (Apr '10) Sat homeless person 430
Crowell Library Presents LA Opera Talk on Corig... Dec 19 James Macpherson 1
Caltech to Hold Free Screening of “Creatures of... Dec 19 James Macpherson 1
Post-Rose Parade Performers to Play at Coffee G... Dec 19 James Macpherson 1
Pasadena-based Jacobs Selected by BP as Strateg... Dec 19 James Macpherson 1

High Wind Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at December 21 at 5:26PM PST

Pasadena News Video

Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pasadena

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:43 pm PST