Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

Apr 13, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MidSouthNewz

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Comments
159,361 - 159,380 of 185,612 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Guest Who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164298
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

9

8

7

reddoggie wrote:
<quoted text>
So, whose causing your arrogance?
I call it impatience.
Aimed at posters who want to come here out of the blue and argue established facts of the case,
THUS FAR. There will be more we do not know.
We'll discuss that then.

We need a remedial course for posters who are still on 2+2=5 aspects of this case.
You either understand what I mean by that, or you won't.
Agree

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164299
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Caring wrote:
<quoted text>
Has that ever been verified? I mean the true amount of blood found in the garage?
A puddle of blood can be as small as a dime.
The reason I doubt she was losing large amounts of blood is, I never saw it reported that there was a blood trail leading from the garage going into the woods.
If Holly was losing that much blood.... the blood would still continue to flow, and dripping from the wound.
I agree that "puddle" sugggests manner of the depositing of the blood, not the size or amount. Puddle...not spatter or spray or cast off.
He could have given his victim a tissue or other kind of pressure to stop a nosebleed.
P.S. A woman ALWAYS takes her handbag/bag along.

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Since: Jul 11

Jasper, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164300
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

13

9

5

Guest Who wrote:
<quoted text>
OFF TOPIC
That's the point. WS posts using his real name. Virtually all his posts under his real name are innocuous cut and paste link jobs that may or may not have anything to do with the topic at hand.
He has a cadre of fake poster names to do his "dirty work".
He is not the only one who has employed these tactics, it would seem.
"Guest Who", You're a certified idiot... "Scroll & Roll, Troll"..

Wolfscratch

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164301
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Waitin for justice wrote:
http://www.jacksonsun.com/arti cle/20140316/NEWS01/303160005/ Why-wasn-t-Zachary-Adams-behin d-bars-
Posted in today's paper
There is no doubt in my mind that if ZA had been around just 30 years ago at the age he is now, and involved in all the criminal behavior that he has been in, that he would have been thrown in the Decatur Co. jail and the key tossed away until they could quickly convict him, then put him a Federal prison for life.....and that would have been before he even murdered anyone.

Today, that county, like many others in the U.S., is overwhelmed with criminals just like him. There are many 'mafia-like' groups involving these low level scum everywhere now. Still no excuse of course, but jails are overcrowded and it takes forever to get a court trial lined up. Forget the "speedy trial' for citizens that was touted so long ago in this country... simply, there is no longer such a thing as a speedy trial. It is frightening, but there are many "Z.A.'s" throughout our nation who have their own revolving door in our county and city jails. The only time they are finally locked up safely is when there is enough evidence to possibly convict them of a homicide, then authorities are forced to lock them up safely from the public. But until they commit a murder that can be proven, they walk our streets. And, many already are killers but they are shrewd enough to avoid getting arrested, and sometimes for years, if ever.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164302
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Was cousin Natalie Bobo at the arraignment? Anyone know?
reddoggie

Farlington, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164303
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

7

6

4

Guest Who wrote:
<quoted text>
I call it impatience.
Aimed at posters who want to come here out of the blue and argue established facts of the case,
THUS FAR. There will be more we do not know.
We'll discuss that then.
We need a remedial course for posters who are still on 2+2=5 aspects of this case.
You either understand what I mean by that, or you won't.
Control Freak:
In psychology-related slang, control freak is a derogatory term for a person who attempts to dictate how everything around them is done.
Curiousin Ne

Morse Bluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164304
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

Waitin for justice wrote:
http://www.jacksonsun.com/arti cle/20140316/NEWS01/303160005/ Why-wasn-t-Zachary-Adams-behin d-bars-
Posted in today's paper
Excellent article. Thank you!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164305
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

7

4

4

Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<sniped from SexySassySenior's post above>
.” Methamphetamine produces an increase of territorial
aggression and cocaine decreases inhibitions and impairs judgment. The doctor
concluded that at the time of the murders the defendant was suffering from an
* Amphetamine-induced paranoid psychosis that would have a significant impact on his ability to conform his behavior and to self-examine his thinking and actions."
__________
'If presented with overwhelming evidence by the prosecution in the Holly Bobo kidnapping/murder.
Was the Meth smuggling incident by ZA, while being transferred to another Jail a calculated strategy for a later defense?
__________
TBI director: Bobo suspect tried smuggling meth into jail-
But, last week, came a big break in the case.
"We made an arrest. Lo and behold, the person has several meth-related charges. And the night we arrested him, he was trying to get meth into the jail," Gwyn said.
That person is Adams, who was first taken to the Decatur County Jail. The TBI says Adams smuggled meth into jail when he was transferred to Chester County.
Posted: Mar 11, 2014

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24949421/tbi-direct...
Wolfscratch
The sheer magnitude of the thought process that went into this post proves that Wolfscratch and Jer29 are two completely different posters!

By the way, great post Wolfie! Informative and thought provoking!
Agree

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164306
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Ben wrote:
<quoted text> was reading a article 2 days ago from CNN, they has LE had determine that the blood was hers, and that there was some bird poop also there near the blood!
I do not have a link to this "CNN article."

Even as gossip, however, it would tie into the earlier gossipy speculation on Topix that the guy on the carport was her cousin JA (DISTANT cousin to us Tennesseans, IMO), and if she saw him out there in hunting uniform with a turkey carcass, she would not have hidden inside her house.

Except, if I were Holly, I would have wondered why is a distant cousin turkey-hunting in my back yard or woods?(And we Tennesseans usually consider our distant cousins to be creepy, for some reason. lol)

P.S. I think another A was parked back there, waiting for him to bring her to the vehicle, don't y'all?
Wonderer

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164307
Mar 16, 2014
 
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what Flower is saying about hoping there was also perps DNA along with Holly's would make sense in a way because they did take a sample of JD's DNA and they would need a warrant for that and what would they have to test it against? Other posters have mentioned this before.
The problem comes in as to how they could have the perps DNA for 3 yrs. prior to an arrest and at the same time have ZA in and out of jail. Don't felons have to give a DNA sample?
not without a warrant
Guest Who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164308
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

6

6

4

reddoggie wrote:
<quoted text>
Control Freak:
In psychology-related slang, control freak is a derogatory term for a person who attempts to dictate how everything around them is done.
I am not "dictating" anything.
I am stating common sense.
Feel free to discuss all the gossip you want and idle speculation.
It won't matter until there is actual statements made by LE, the defendant or the family, in addition to what we have now.
Agree

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164309
Mar 16, 2014
 
Ponderings wrote:
Was cousin Natalie Bobo at the arraignment? Anyone know?
Is she one of those cousins we Tennesseans would prefer to think of as DISTANT-----creepy or questionable? lol

And my little laugh is not about this cruel, heinous crime, but at our own human foolishness in how we think about family and esp. COUSINS.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164310
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no doubt in my mind that if ZA had been around just 30 years ago at the age he is now, and involved in all the criminal behavior that he has been in, that he would have been thrown in the Decatur Co. jail and the key tossed away until they could quickly convict him, then put him a Federal prison for life.....and that would have been before he even murdered anyone.
Today, that county, like many others in the U.S., is overwhelmed with criminals just like him. There are many 'mafia-like' groups involving these low level scum everywhere now. Still no excuse of course, but jails are overcrowded and it takes forever to get a court trial lined up. Forget the "speedy trial' for citizens that was touted so long ago in this country... simply, there is no longer such a thing as a speedy trial. It is frightening, but there are many "Z.A.'s" throughout our nation who have their own revolving door in our county and city jails. The only time they are finally locked up safely is when there is enough evidence to possibly convict them of a homicide, then authorities are forced to lock them up safely from the public. But until they commit a murder that can be proven, they walk our streets. And, many already are killers but they are shrewd enough to avoid getting arrested, and sometimes for years, if ever.
Yeah, it doesn't hurt if you have a judge or two in your pocket either! Those days are long gone for Zach! The Ronco pocket judge isn't going to be able to slice and dice this one! 1200 viewers watching and it just can't handle that kind of volume!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164311
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not have a link to this "CNN article."
Even as gossip, however, it would tie into the earlier gossipy speculation on Topix that the guy on the carport was her cousin JA (DISTANT cousin to us Tennesseans, IMO), and if she saw him out there in hunting uniform with a turkey carcass, she would not have hidden inside her house.
Except, if I were Holly, I would have wondered why is a distant cousin turkey-hunting in my back yard or woods?(And we Tennesseans usually consider our distant cousins to be creepy, for some reason. lol)
P.S. I think another A was parked back there, waiting for him to bring her to the vehicle, don't y'all?
Actually, the way JA was described on here in relationship to the Bobo's, he really is no blood relation. Connected a couple of generations ago through marriage only.
browndoggie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164312
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Just so you will know wrote:
<quoted text>
The cabin 16 incident was right after she went missing, wasn't it? Looks like they wouldn't have kept looking for her for 3 years if they had that information all along. Something just doesn't sound right. Grape jelly? I'm no forensic expert, but I don't think brains on a wall would look much like grape jelly, do you?
If you have ever field dressed an animal , say a deer for instance, the coagulated blood around the bullet wound looks like grape jelly.
Not Going There

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164313
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

6

5

4

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, quite a lot of people never blame themselves for their own wrongdoings, blame someone else and think they are victims of others - it's not only psychopaths.
Regardless what the label is, we got sevrral of those type right here on this thread. For sure they would be classified as psycho something.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164314
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she one of those cousins we Tennesseans would prefer to think of as DISTANT-----creepy or questionable? lol
And my little laugh is not about this cruel, heinous crime, but at our own human foolishness in how we think about family and esp. COUSINS.
A first cousin. She is the daughter of Dana's brother.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164315
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

7

6

4

As someone who has a limited experience with the law and crime scenes, I will tell you what I know....

If and when ZA, or anyone else who might eventually be arrested and tried for this crime, their Meth use,(or any other addiction) may be used in court, but not as a 'reason' for what they did.

Diminished capacity is what the term would be. Diminished Capacity is NOT a DEFENSE at trial. It is a 'mitigating factor'. A mitigating factor would be used during the sentencing phase. Diminished Capacity could very well be used to diminish a sentence such as the death penalty. It could mean that even with a conviction, ZA may not receive the death sentence, but life with/without the possibility of parole.

Also, for those who feel that ZA had the 'audacity' to plea 'not guilty: In the State of Tennessee, one cannot plea guilty to a death penalty case. They are required to have a trial.

I hope this clears it up a bit for you.
browndoggie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164316
Mar 16, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no doubt in my mind that if ZA had been around just 30 years ago at the age he is now, and involved in all the criminal behavior that he has been in, that he would have been thrown in the Decatur Co. jail and the key tossed away until they could quickly convict him, then put him a Federal prison for life.....and that would have been before he even murdered anyone.
Today, that county, like many others in the U.S., is overwhelmed with criminals just like him. There are many 'mafia-like' groups involving these low level scum everywhere now. Still no excuse of course, but jails are overcrowded and it takes forever to get a court trial lined up. Forget the "speedy trial' for citizens that was touted so long ago in this country... simply, there is no longer such a thing as a speedy trial. It is frightening, but there are many "Z.A.'s" throughout our nation who have their own revolving door in our county and city jails. The only time they are finally locked up safely is when there is enough evidence to possibly convict them of a homicide, then authorities are forced to lock them up safely from the public. But until they commit a murder that can be proven, they walk our streets. And, many already are killers but they are shrewd enough to avoid getting arrested, and sometimes for years, if ever.
Unfortunatly, Dec co was no less corrupt 30 yrs ago. Maybe no meth then but money still talked & bs still walked same as now.
Wonderer

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164317
Mar 16, 2014
 
SexySassySenior wrote:
CONT.)
"Testimony at trial indicated that the defendant was using two grams
of “crank” a day in addition to a quarter gram of cocaine as well as substantial
amounts of other drugs to “mellow” the highs and to allow him to sleep.
10
In support of his insanity defense, the defendant offered the testimony
of Dr. Donna Segar, a physician who is board certified in toxicology, and Dr.
William D. Kenner, a psychiatrist at the St. Louis Psychoanalytic Institute. Dr. Segar
testified that regular, long term use of substantial amounts of methamphetamine
and cocaine would completely change one’s personality.9 Thought processes
become delusional and paranoid. A person under the influence of “crank” or “ice”
often speaks very rapidly and literally spits out the words through clenched teeth.
Such a person demonstrates increasingly hostile and aggressive behavior and his
judgment would be substantially impaired. She testified that two grams of
methamphetamine per day is a high dosage and that a person who used that
amount would experience hallucinations. A common hallucination, according to Dr.
Segar, is the belief that insects or bugs are crawling under the skin. Dr. Segar did
not examine the defendant but testified from her knowledge and experience.
Dr. Kenner spent several hours on two different days examining the
defendant. He extensively interviewed family members and one co-defendant. Of
significance were the facts that two members of the defendant’s family suffered
from depression and committed suicide, that the defendant’s marriage had been
troubled, and that a work injury to the defendant’s back had caused considerable
pain. Despite his injury, the defendant had continued to work long hours on the job
and at home on the family farm. Within a few months, a cousin committed suicide
and his parents divorced. After his separation from his wife, his drug use grew to
unmanageable proportions, and in October of 1994, he was fired from his job. Dr.
Kenner testified that the defendant changed from a likeable, fun-loving person who
grew angry but never held a grudge into one who was increasingly cocky and
aggressive. He became jumpy and twitchy and was unable to sleep for more than
a few minutes at a time without medication. He experienced tactile hallucinations
and would sometimes dig at himself with a knife. Dr. Kenner described a person
11
seriously addicted to methamphetamine as being very paranoid and frightened but
“spoiling for a fight.” Methamphetamine produces an increase of territorial
aggression and cocaine decreases inhibitions and impairs judgment. The doctor
concluded that at the time of the murders the defendant was suffering from an
amphetamine-induced paranoid psychosis that would have a significant impact on
his ability to conform his behavior and to self-examine his thinking and actions."
Sounds like an "insane" plea basis

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Parsons Forum right now

Search the Parsons Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Pearcy 58 min Sgd 327
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr FRIENDSofHAWK wifeBEATER 141,526
Conway 6 hr MyNametoo2 147
Sandra King 6 hr MyNametoo2 13
heather bailey 7 hr MyNametoo2 119
Guy in Jeep 9 hr Yum 2
Who is dustin pevahouse 10 hr JER29 3
Your opinion on what really happened to Holly Bobo (Nov '12) Tue Henderson 183
•••
•••
•••
•••

Parsons Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Parsons People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Parsons News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Parsons
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••